Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
It was for sale on the site at one time; I'm not sure when they took it off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
It was for sale on the site at one time; I'm not sure when they took it off.

Ahhhh....okay. Thank you, Immacolata.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:52 am      Reply with quote
It'd be useful to get an example of a hotspots exercise, and a contents list, for a guideline, wouldnt it.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think the first rule of hotspots is: you do not talk about hotspots.

Laughing
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
I think the first rule of hotspots is: you do not talk about hotspots.

Laughing

It's pretty difficult to get information about the HotSpots program around here. So, I'm guessing you're not kidding about this. A few others have asked questions about HotSpots and we are not getting many replies. I'm asking if there are new exercises or variations on the original exercises. I don't think that would be giving away too much information, which I understand would not be right. I think these are reasonable questions. I'm not asking for actual descriptions of the exercises.

Here is an old post from TheresaMary. I don't know if she feels this way anymore. But, I think it would be nice if we could get a few clues about the program before we purchase from LouLou again.

TheresaMary wrote:
OK a bit of a rant coming on here, but I think its not been mentioned so far. A big part of the newer version is that its got this Hot Spots book that Louise said she’d never write. These are basically a super-charged set of exercises she’s developed. She’s also been using them with her clients. So she’s got these super exercises which she’s been doing herself and her clients, isn’t it a bit unfair to those of us who have been doing the old Ageless as we’re never going to get the same results as hers, and its bad for her to be doing something and not be upfront about it isn’t it. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it kind of annoys me when you read things like that, because its like a slap in the face. We’ve all been led to believe that doing her exercises will give us her results, when all along she’s been doing something different.

After finding the above older post, I read through some more pages on this thread. It appears people have been asking what the HotSpots program is about for over two years now. This is a very well kept secret.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm of the same mindset as the rest of you. $40 (which is what the price will be converted to US dollars) is quite a bit to spend if this "Hotspots" thing is a variation of the SAME exercises we have in the regular program but it sounds like it could be some very handy NEW things that would be helpful for those of us who have areas we would like to improve. I just don't know. Apparently Karenlee and others who have used this program no longer frequent these forums? In any case, some clarification would sure be nice. I know that Loulou is still here and could easily provide this clarification we're asking for. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I still do feel that way sadly, and it was never answered at all what the difference is or how long Louise had been doing it, and it still irritates me somewhat as I thought Ageless was a good program, and then to sneak this out and be told that she’s been doing it for a while was irksome to me and irritating but ca la vie.

I still find the whole thing a bit murky waters to me. Louise vanished wthout a trace and then reappeared only to promote her newer program and with no attempt at explaining why the absence etc. Sure she doesn’t owe me anything, but when I think of the amount of times I supported her and Ageless it just felt like (and was) a slap in the face.

I don’t know anyone who purchased the hotspots and people who did seem to vanish so I just put it down to something that costs more money and is a “secret club”.
packratmack wrote:
Here is an old post from TheresaMary. I don't know if she feels this way anymore. But, I think it would be nice if we could get a few clues about the program before we purchase from LouLou again.

TheresaMary wrote:
OK a bit of a rant coming on here, but I think its not been mentioned so far. A big part of the newer version is that its got this Hot Spots book that Louise said she’d never write. These are basically a super-charged set of exercises she’s developed. She’s also been using them with her clients. So she’s got these super exercises which she’s been doing herself and her clients, isn’t it a bit unfair to those of us who have been doing the old Ageless as we’re never going to get the same results as hers, and its bad for her to be doing something and not be upfront about it isn’t it. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it kind of annoys me when you read things like that, because its like a slap in the face. We’ve all been led to believe that doing her exercises will give us her results, when all along she’s been doing something different.

After finding the above older post, I read through some more pages on this thread. It appears people have been asking what the HotSpots program is about for over two years now. This is a very well kept secret.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

It's pretty difficult to get information about the HotSpots program around here. So, I'm guessing you're not kidding about this. A few others have asked questions about HotSpots and we are not getting many replies. I'm asking if there are new exercises or variations on the original exercises. I don't think that would be giving away too much information, which I understand would not be right. I think these are reasonable questions. I'm not asking for actual descriptions of the exercises.

You're right, I wasn't kidding. There does seem to be a veil of secrecy. I agree that it's not too much to ask to find out what the basic gist of the exercises in hotspots is (are?).

When I initially wrote to Steve 4 or 5 months ago to inquire about the ageless dvd and book I told him it would be nice to have some sort of description on the buying page to explain what is included in each. I was trying to figure out whether or not I needed one more than the other, or both? Do they work in tandem or are they stand-alone? I suggested that he include a short clip of the dvd, and a page from the ebook, on that buy page, just so we could visualize what it is we're spending good money on. He liked my suggestions and did say that he would add descriptions of what was included and how they worked together but he hasn't as of today.

My feeling here is that hotspots should either be included on that same buy page with a description of what is included, or it should not be offered at all. This whole having to email to ask for it seems really odd and kludgy and slow.

I can't imagine anyone stumbling up the ageless website and just shelling out the money for the dvd and book without some sort of knowledge as to what's on it. The site is just not very comprehensive and it needs to be updated. It doesn't give enough information. I myself would never have bought them without all this very thread. I read every post here and asked questions and was always helped out by the very knowledgable replies to my questions. I do like the exercises themselves very much though. And I'm going to purchase hotspots, so maybe I can give some kind of general explanation of what it entails without detailing any specifics.
Veeleeta

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I have the hotspots program and it does have some different exercises in it. I haven't begun implementing it yet but plan to in the near future. It looks like it would be very effective but I can't say for sure because I haven't tried it myself yet. When I purchased it, it was not listed on the website. I emailed about it and it was made available to me so I'm sure you could do the same if you want to purchase it.

Hope that helps!

V
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I think that most of us know how to get it, we're wondering what it is. Good luck with the program.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using HotSpots for prob a year. I basically mostly do the ones for eyes,cheeks & neck. She also has ones for forehead, neck and lips. (lips are very similar to the original program just intensified) The others contain some of the original exercises & other new ones.

I got this on sale. I can't remember but I think I spent $20 US. For that I would say it is worth it. Or if you want to see results sooner than with her basic program then spend the $40 that it apparently is now. (which Lou Lou says is all you need & I think I agree)

Also keep in mind that this program is very aggressive & expect to DEFINITELY look worse before you look better. (mainly eyes & cheeks - for me anyway)

HTH's!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
I got this on sale. I can't remember but I think I spent $20 US. For that I would say it is worth it. Or if you want to see results sooner than with her basic program then spend the $40 that it apparently is now. (which Lou Lou says is all you need & I think I agree)

Hi cabrita, Thank you for the information. Smile Can you explain further what you mean here? "which Lou Lou says is all you need." Does that mean HotSpots alone is all you need? Sorry to press you on this but, without factoring in price, do you think it is a worthy addition to the original program? Since it is an intensive program, what is the recommendation on how many days and weeks to perform it? I'm sure all the inquisitive minds here appreciate your help.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
You can shape up in a myriad of ways. You can walk, bicycle, swim, run. You can do gentle stretches. You can do intense calisthenics. You can exercise 5 days a week and shape up faster. Or you can take it slower and exercise 3 days a week.

By the same token, you can do your Ageless routine as Lou Lou recommends - days one and two twice a week, or you can do it like me, full workouts 4 days a week with extra cheek reps, or you can get crazy and get an intense workout with Hotspots. This is not something new in the exercise world. Callanetics had a beginner and an advanced program.

I don't understand why that concept is so hard to figure out. Hotspots are:

1. Different exercises
2. More intense
3. More targeted

Why is that confusing? As far as having to email for it, I admit that's not standard operating procedure but who cares? It's not like complaining about it on an internet forum is going to relieve my stress (if it stressed me, which is does not.) When I buy the DVD and book (soon) I can get it. It's really not that hard to type out an email, or am I missing something?

ETA - in case I sound like a beeyatch, please forgive me. I'm in holiday stress mode so I may well be overreacting.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
If it doesn't bother you, great. Why does it bother you that others are discussing it? You don't seem to like it when anyone else has anything potentially negative to say about ageless. In fact, nothing we've said really is negative. LouLou says right on her site that she has sold 20,000 copies of ageless due to word of mouth. Well, I'm one of the mouths. So are most of the other people on this thread. If we have a complaint or a concern, maybe it will make ageless better and more accessible and more comprehensive for everyone else.

We're allowed to talk about this and discuss it. No one is stressed. We're discussing something. Feel free to not discuss it.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
So let me get this straight - you're allowed to discuss, but nobody else is? I'm discussing, am I not? I am genuinely puzzled as to why the same question has to be answered over, and over, and over again, and the same things that happened three years ago be brought up over and over and over again.

I wasn't rude to you - I asked. You could have replied in a much more civil fashion. If that's the way you want to behave, I feel sorry for you, but maybe you should examine your own behavior. If you don't like my opinion, and if my question hit a little too close to home for you and ticked you off, feel free to ignore me. Have a great day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:

ETA - in case I sound like a beeyatch, please forgive me.

You did sound like a bit of a beeyatch. Wink But, I forgive you. Smile
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Thanks hon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
The question has been asked over and over and what’s wrong with that, in fact I think it should keep getting asked until it gets an “official” answer. It was never made clear what exactly the ‘Hotspots’ contained in my mind, nor how long her clients were doing it, how fast they brought her results etc. Loulou said somewhere that she had been using the exercises in Hotspots, whereas at the time we had all bought and been using the standard Ageless Program, so whats wrong with us knowing the details of how long she did etc?

What people who have an official question do not need is a response like you have done above “I don't understand why that concept is so hard to figure out.”

We’re all aware of Callanetics having a beginner and an advanced program, but I’ve never heard Lou compare her program to that one, or liken her Hotspots to the Advanced program, and if she does great but again why isn’t it an official answer somewhere where we can all benefit from it?

Immacolata wrote:
So let me get this straight - you're allowed to discuss, but nobody else is? I'm discussing, am I not? I am genuinely puzzled as to why the same question has to be answered over, and over, and over again, and the same things that happened three years ago be brought up over and over and over again.

I wasn't rude to you - I asked. You could have replied in a much more civil fashion. If that's the way you want to behave, I feel sorry for you, but maybe you should examine your own behavior. If you don't like my opinion, and if my question hit a little too close to home for you and ticked you off, feel free to ignore me. Have a great day!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand what the problem is, really. Buy or don't buy. Now we know that there are some different exercises in the hot spot programme, and if you want to know them you will have to buy the programme. I don't see the point or reason for all this drama.

Buying a programme and doing it diligently does not necessarily mean you get to look like the one who designed the programme. Just look at all the before/afters on sites of other trainers - I have not seen anyone achieving the same results as Carolyn Cleaves, for instance, even when people seem to mail her constantly for guidance.

Flex Effect is currently in its third version I understand. Programmes may evolve, new exercises may be designed. So?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther

Its not so much a problem as a natural curiousity. I mean I get there are different exercises, but are these more effective? How long was Loulou doing them, what kind of results has she seen from them? These are all questions that any one would ask themselves surely and I don’t see why we get reprimanded for asking them in all honesty.

Lou said herself at the time, which is why I questioned it, that she was doing these exercises over the Ageless ones, so isn’t it natural to want to know what the differences are? I mean I get she says it produced faster results for her clients and it was with problem areas for some and it improved them. No biggie there but what about a little more info?

Sure programs evolve, and if this is the evolved program then I don’t see why not say it as so, instead of leaving people trying to figure it out themselves. You seem to be saying that Hotspots is the more evolved program out of the two which is great – that’s all people were wondering but I still don’t get why there is a lack of information on what is included in Hotspots. Does it take more time, is it a longer program, or is it more varied, etc.

Sorry but these are common place questions that I ask of any program I purchase and I don’t see why you would think that I wouldn’t ask that of any new program I was about to purchase.

To give an example you use, FlexEffect when they came out with the third edition said the dvd would contain all the exercises (previous version didn’t), would take less time (which previous version did take a lot of time), had additional things for skin and bone (previous version didn’t). That’s pure enough facts and that’s all people are wanting to know so why there is a reluctance to it and anyone who seems to ask gets shot down is beyond me.

Tessie
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:

Do you really think I was rude? I'm not seeing it. You posted yet another in a long string of exasperated comments.

I noticed that you're defensive about ageless and said so. Is it rude to mention it? You really don't think you've been defensive? Anyone who reads through this thread can see it. Where did I say that I was allowed to discuss it but no one else was? Please show me where I said that. I said that WE (that would be....all of us) are discussing it. And I said that if it upset you, you could feel free not to discuss it. Not the same thing. And I extend the same invitation to you that you extended to me....if you don't like it, please feel free to ignore me.

About the three years ago thing. I'm not sure what you mean, to be honest. Maybe that part of your comment wasn't meant for me. I wasn't here three years ago so if I'm rehashing something and boring anyone I apologize for that but that's the nature of really long threads that have gone on for some time - things get forgotten or readdressed. The fact that something that happened three years ago keeps getting brought up means something still needs to be addressed, I suppose.

You have helped me out several times and have taken the time to answer my questions and I have always thanked you for your kindness. But when you make my concerns sound stupid and make dismissive comments about the things I've said here (the "difficulty" of emailing, being "confused", the concept being "hard to figure out") I'm going to respond. Yes, others have mentioned the emailing and whatnot, but so have I. I'm not supposed to take it personally? Whatever.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I did apologize in advance, but I'll do it once more:

I apologize! I would eat worms, but I'm vegan, sorry.

ETA - that sounded light hearted. I really am sorry, I'm not a mean person, but reading over my post, it was mean-sounding.

The holidays really get to me. I turn into a monster. If I could sleep for the next few weeks and wake up January 1 I would. It's too bad I can't ask my doctor to induce a coma for the duration.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:38 am      Reply with quote
The crux of the matter is that if any program for facial exercises has an advanced or new version, the natural thing to do is to flag it up on the website as an extra item to purchase. It surely can't be right to delete it from the website and expect people to stumble across it by accident on another website (e.g. EDS), while they were thinking that they already had the full program. How can people possibly know that they have to email for information about an advanced program if they don't know the advanced program exists? It's true that if you look very carefully on the Ageless website and click on the right page, you'll see, 'For the advanced programme, see sidebar!'- but there's nothing there.........

Louise Annette and Steve Royce do look at EDS, as we know, so it's baffling that they haven't addressed the questions about the elusive 'Hotspots' for those who want to know.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
They don't advertise it, but they will sell it to you if you ask. I don't find anything suspicious or unethical about that. I'll probably buy it in April.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
They don't advertise it, but they will sell it to you if you ask. I don't find anything suspicious or unethical about that. I'll probably buy it in April.

I think what newera is saying is people who don't come to EDS or who have not read this thread in its entirety or at all would not know Hotspots exists to even ask for it. And if it is an essential part of the program, or Loulou would not do it, and available for sale then folks are wondering why there isn't full disclosure on it.

I don't think people are being unreasonable. Before buying something, I like to know what I am buying and how different it is from the other items on sale. I like to make a wise decision based on economics and efficiency and would be a bit miffed it I found out later that I made my decision on incomplete info. My curiosity would then get the better of me and I would want to know how different the Hotspots is from what I have. Buying it blindly to find out is what people with a lot of extra money to play with would do (which excludes me)...unless there is a full money-back guarantee that I can return it if I don't like it.

For instance, there are two options of getting the CFF program. One is cheaper than the other and it happens to have less items than the more expensive one. But the extras in the more expensive kit are not "essentials". You do not need them to get the full experience of the program. The extras are more like luxuries: a mirror, flashcards that you can take on a trip instead of lugging a DVD or CD, and so on. And I knew all this before I decided on which kit to purchase simply from reading the website, and also by confirming this with Carolyn.

So back to Ageless, the people asking about Hotspots to me seem like people who just want to make a wise decision on whether or not they need to add it to a program they already love. If nothing is said and they buy it then find they didn't need it, then it won't do Ageless any good because they will give a negative review. If details about it are given, even if the program ends up sounding like a repeat of the regular program, there are those who still will buy it because its reviews have been good, or there may be those who need to replace a lost copy of the main program who may opt to get Hotspots instead because they already know the main program now and so Hotspots would be the icing on the cake.

Maybe Loulou has her reasons for there being such a mystery about it and her explanation I am sure would probably suffice for them too--like it being discontinued or something.

For the record, I don't do Ageless but love all things face exercise and saw the communication breakdown in the last few comments and just wanted to chime in to give my take on what I was reading.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |