Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary. I'm good. I've got it sorted out. I think you are correct, I have different versions. I see that some of the exercises are so gentle, they could be considered rest. I have never exercised my face until this morning. It feels really good. Like you, I wish I had not waited so long.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Yola, it's not unusual at all to experience more or less instant results as the face returns to its younger, lifted state. Muscle memory restores this firm, alert state even before the muscles become stronger and tighter over the longer term.

How you view side effects is up to you. You can avoid them by taking the programme slowly, but if you want to do it every day for a month you'll most certainly see results; you need to be brave and recognise that without rest you'll probably have side effects, however, you'll come out the other side with great differences if you have faith. Unlike intensive training for the body There's no risk of injury, so the choice of how fast and hard you go is entirely yours
All best LL

5% products discount

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hey gals,
Thanks Theresamary for taking the time to clear that up! You really are helpful on this forum, and I appreciate it. I'm sure Loulou appreciates the added assistance too! Wow! To be mistaken for 20 years younger must be quite a compliment! I'm glad facial exercise/massage has worked so well for you.

Loulou,
Ok...I'm past the initial panicking phase of sending you photos and questions and I took a 3 day break. My face bounced right back so I'm reassured that I can deal with the side effects. Sooooooo with that being said I'm going to go for it and do the exercises/tugging for one month straight. I'll let you guys know how it goes! Thanks
Lonnie
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
Hey gals,
Thanks Theresamary for taking the time to clear that up! You really are helpful on this forum, and I appreciate it. I'm sure Loulou appreciates the added assistance too! Wow! To be mistaken for 20 years younger must be quite a compliment! I'm glad facial exercise/massage has worked so well for you.

Loulou,
Ok...I'm past the initial panicking phase of sending you photos and questions and I took a 3 day break. My face bounced right back so I'm reassured that I can deal with the side effects. Sooooooo with that being said I'm going to go for it and do the exercises/tugging for one month straight. I'll let you guys know how it goes! Thanks
Lonnie

Yes, Lonnie, I agree with you - thank you sooo much TheresaMary for all of the assistance. You are a gem. I feel pretty good about everything, so I am following the 3rd edition and considering the massage days as rest days. I did request a massage dvd because I am a bit unclear about a few of the massage exercises. I think this will work out beautifully for fast results, but if I do see undesirable side effects, I will rest for a few days. Just from doing these exercises, I have learned that my forehead is never in a state of relaxation. Hence, four rows of awful horizontal lines that never go away! I am hoping that through the exercises and massage I will learn how to relax my forehead. I also learned that I carry a tremendous amount of stress in my jaw. It is almost always clenched. Hopefully this will also improve. I wasn't even aware of these issues until I started the exercises, so it has already done some good by bringing awareness.
Yola4
5% products discount

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey BellesBeautyShop,
It seems we have a bit in common. I carry a lot of tension in my jaw area too. And I often find myself holding my lower face in an unfavorable position. I'm sure others on this forum can relate. I could be wrong but I think your pretty new to facial exercising just like I am. So I don't want to complicate things even more for you, but I'd love to tell you what has helped me out in this area in just a short time-besides the exercise/massages. And this isn't a necessary purchase just something additional that aids in lifting/firming the skin.
Idk if you're tugging the skin, but it was difficult for me to do because I have very long nails. I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Which device is it? I had a quick search for Conture and can only find listings for a threadfacelift and none of them appear to be devices?
Yola4 wrote:
I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
Hey BellesBeautyShop,
It seems we have a bit in common. I carry a lot of tension in my jaw area too. And I often find myself holding my lower face in an unfavorable position. I'm sure others on this forum can relate. I could be wrong but I think your pretty new to facial exercising just like I am. So I don't want to complicate things even more for you, but I'd love to tell you what has helped me out in this area in just a short time-besides the exercise/massages. And this isn't a necessary purchase just something additional that aids in lifting/firming the skin.
Idk if you're tugging the skin, but it was difficult for me to do because I have very long nails. I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.

I will definitely be exploring the conture device. I am really tired of carrying all this tension in my face. And, yes, your are correct, I am new to facial exercising.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Which device is it? I had a quick search for Conture and can only find listings for a threadfacelift and none of them appear to be devices?
Yola4 wrote:
I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.

Did we ever find out which device it is??? I would love to know.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 am      Reply with quote
So glad people are having early results, but it can take time for your face to look/feel its best, so do keep going. You're looking better all the time so long as you're getting sufficient rest. It's like any form of exercise, the rate of change varies from person to person 👩‍💻 👩‍💻 But it will work for everyone in time.

Loulou 😊

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've now realized why I have the asymmetry and I Hope I explain this right. When I do any of the cheek exercises, my right side (which is the skinnier side), the cheek muscles don't do the work, but rather the corrugator muscle steps in as I can see it lifting, (which is also why my "1" of the "11" is more pronounced on that side. So every time I do these exercises, I'm making my "11" more pronounced on that side and I'm not building the cheek muscle which is why I think I"m getting more "difference" in my asymmetry, so how can I get those darn cheek muscles to get activated????
Also, when I do the sexy beast exercise, again that muscle above the lip doesn't activate but rather a muscle near my nose and corrugator muscle get involved. I need help!!
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure which one of the exercises is doing this, but I have purplish/red bruises all the way around my nostrils - from where they rise on the nose, right around the curves of the nostrils on my inner cheeks. I suspect it is from grasping the "chunk of flesh" on the cheeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yola4
5% products discount

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have experienced the bruising too so I had to take a break. I'm pretty sure it was from grasping the flesh. Oh and sorry about the confusion regarding the Conture device. It's called The Conture Kinetic Skin Toning System. I didn't believe the hype before I bought it, but now I'm a believer. My skin was thinning in areas (under eyes, upper lips) and now the bounce I had in my 20's is back. Now I'm a skin careaholic so I have a lot of products and gadgets (Personal Microdermabrasion Device, Nuface trinity, baby quasar, dermawand, Derminator, Tria laser, Clarisonic, etc...the list goes on and on). But in terms of fast results theres no comparison. It's only been a few weeks and I'm seeing a noticeable difference. Now Combining Conture's tugging/massage ability with Ageless facial exercises (I have Flex effect too but I want to stick to one program at a time) and an occasional Derminator needling session might just be my own personal fountain of youth. I hope you all find yours!
Aam24
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Yola your review of the toning device persuaded me to buy it. My first device. I'm doing ageless too. One year now and I'm not sure I'm seeing results. However, I came from fillers so maybe I'm just pushing through the last of the fillers and will start building soon. I'll keep you posted on my review
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
I have experienced the bruising too so I had to take a break. I'm pretty sure it was from grasping the flesh. Oh and sorry about the confusion regarding the Conture device. It's called The Conture Kinetic Skin Toning System. I didn't believe the hype before I bought it, but now I'm a believer. My skin was thinning in areas (under eyes, upper lips) and now the bounce I had in my 20's is back. Now I'm a skin careaholic so I have a lot of products and gadgets (Personal Microdermabrasion Device, Nuface trinity, baby quasar, dermawand, Derminator, Tria laser, Clarisonic, etc...the list goes on and on). But in terms of fast results theres no comparison. It's only been a few weeks and I'm seeing a noticeable difference. Now Combining Conture's tugging/massage ability with Ageless facial exercises (I have Flex effect too but I want to stick to one program at a time) and an occasional Derminator needling session might just be my own personal fountain of youth. I hope you all find yours!

It would be nice to get Lou's opinion about the bruising, etc. Maybe we are doing the exercise incorrectly. Hopefully she will pop in. Wish I could buy the Conture Kinetic Skin Toning System. It sounds great - just not in the budget right now. You mentioned that you once again have the skin bounce that you had in your '20's. If you don't mind me asking, what is your current age? Sometimes I feel that I am too old for some of these procedures to work for me. Sad. Wish I had not waited so long to look in the mirror.
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Aam24 wrote:
Ok Yola your review of the toning device persuaded me to buy it. My first device. I'm doing ageless too. One year now and I'm not sure I'm seeing results. However, I came from fillers so maybe I'm just pushing through the last of the fillers and will start building soon. I'll keep you posted on my review

Aam,is it one year that you have been using the Conture device or one year that you are doing Ageless? I am a bit confused. Confused Thanks in advance for clarifying it for me. Either way, please keep us posted.
Aam24
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
One year of ageless. 😞 i just ordered the device. My right side looks good, but the left is not. Frustrating
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all 🤗

Yola, just to say that the Ageless exercises do great things for the skin on their own. I don't use any other treatments or devices on my face, and I'd recommend that people try doing the Ageless program by itself and see if they need any further treatment.

Bruising doesn't look great, but it's actually producing the same effects as a lot of the products that you mention. The principle is to challenge the face/skin so that it will rebuild itself stronger, just as the other organs in the body respond by building muscle, lung capacity, etc if you make them work hard and really, in truth, break them down. Repair is what produces new, healthy tissue. You're making your face more alive 😎

Loulou

5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi all 🤗

Yola, just to say that the Ageless exercises do great things for the skin on their own. I don't use any other treatments or devices on my face, and I'd recommend that people try doing the Ageless program by itself and see if they need any further treatment.

Bruising doesn't look great, but it's actually producing the same effects as a lot of the products that you mention. The principle is to challenge the face/skin so that it will rebuild itself stronger, just as the other organs in the body respond by building muscle, lung capacity, etc if you make them work hard and really, in truth, break them down. Repair is what produces new, healthy tissue. You're making your face more alive 😎

Loulou

Loulou, so should we continue to exercise through the bruising? I am doing the 3rd edition, 21 day program with massage interspersed throughout the 21 days.I am only bruising around the nostrils.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Belle 😊

If you're not concerned about how you look short term, yes, by all means continue through any bruising and reap the rewards later.

However, the improvement in skin thickness and elasticity will take place even if you choose to take the process slowly and avoid bruising altogether by limiting the number of training sessions you do.

I usually think it's better to look as good as you can throughout the process of rebuilding the face, but if you're tough you can speed the process and work through the times where you don't look your best.

Whatever pace you choose to train at, just like consistent work at the gym, you are bound to look much younger in the end 😊

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add, any bruising shows you're gripping your face very firmly, which also means you've been able to work the muscles very hard, as well as having stimulated the skin into rebuilding and repairing itself.

Just remember that while squeezing with the hand increases intensity, you should allow the muscle to work rather than pulling the face with the hand.

All best,

Louise Annette

Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I had an email about the eye area which I promised to answer here.

While lifting the bulk of the face requires attention to combination of muscles working in sync, the eye is very, very simple.

One muscle is responsible for the entire eyelid and socket area. Tighten it and you smooth and flatten everything at once, whether it's drooping upper lids or bags under the eyes. You literally only need one exercise, overworking the eye area doesn't give you a nice look in the short term. It's better to do a little and allow time to recover.

But exercising the eye area is incredibly effective. It's arguably the area that tightens quickest. You can't go wrong

Loulou 😘

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Loulou can I ask what about the Levator palpebrae muscle (the lid itself). I know some programs do exercises for that. Whilst the orbicularis is the general muscle, the upper lid itself seems to be a separate muscle from what I read and am curious as if you think working that muscle is a bad idea?
otherloulou wrote:
Hi, I had an email about the eye area which I promised to answer here.

While lifting the bulk of the face requires attention to combination of muscles working in sync, the eye is very, very simple.

One muscle is responsible for the entire eyelid and socket area. Tighten it and you smooth and flatten everything at once, whether it's drooping upper lids or bags under the eyes. You literally only need one exercise, overworking the eye area doesn't give you a nice look in the short term. It's better to do a little and allow time to recover.

But exercising the eye area is incredibly effective. It's arguably the area that tightens quickest. You can't go wrong

Loulou 😘
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary,
You're spot on, the tiny levator palpebrae does lift the upper lid significantly, and it's one of the central muscles we address in Ageless.

But in terms of eye bags, overhanging brow area and crows feet, the orbicularis oculis deals with it all. It'll lift smooth and rejuvenate the entire eye area and sort it all out, the opening up of the eyes makes them bigger, not firmer and tighter as the big eye area muscle does.

All best,

Loulou ❤️

5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey, been a while since I posted.heres an update if it can be of use. Positive: My face in general looks amazing, I'd forgotten how I used to look.
My eyes have really improved. I had initial wrinkling but loulou is right, it's temporary and now, after 6 weeks I am reaping the rewards.
Negative: my neck isn't much tighter despite a combo of Ageless and dermaroller, also my forehead hasn't improved.
Lenny
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Loulou that makes sense.

Lenny that's mega cool. My neck took ages to respond but it did eventually and a lot of it had to do with my posture. I have a friend with a beautiful neck who is in her 60's and does ballet and she has amazing posture and her neck is that of a young woman.

For me my forehead was never a concern it was dread sagging and my mid and lower face after weightloss but we all have our issues.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |