Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lenny cant
5% products discount

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Vandu, in answer to your question, yes, I go at the eye area like every other part of my face and the tough love pays off. Shouldn't keep saying I look great, my face still has some issues but I'm really happy with the results the massage has given me 😎😎😎
ballerina
5% products discount

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Vandu, I've had wonderful results from the massage too. I have the massage program now but for a long time I just did the massage in the first book and followed it on the DVD. It's so quick, add it to your training and see!
Lenny cant
5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ballerina, yes I just did the general massage from the original program too for several weeks. I had the Ageless special massage book, but only started to use it when I wanted a change, not because it was necessary. I advise anyone who wants to start just to get the first book and go with that. As I keep sayinh, I look great 😂😂😂Lenny
Snorkmaiden

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Finally I've read through this entire thread! I started the Ageless exercises recently and found that I have worsening of my nasolabial folds, like some have experienced on here there's a puffiness above the fold which makes them run deeper into my face. I'm 30 in a few months and have had deep nasolabial grooves all my life, my aim is to lift the cheeks as they've flattened over the years. My cheek bones are very flat but I have a lot of flesh in that area when I smile. I've emailed Steve who said he would pass on my photos and questions to Louise but I've heard nothing. I'm wondering if I should take a few weeks break from the exercises and then start again maybe once a week. I had also wondered if I should be engaging the nasalis muscle as well as the zygomaticus in the exercises which require you to smile upwards, it seems like my nasalis muscle is always getting used in these ones which may have caused a worsening. Although in the photos Louise looks like she is snarling with her smile which would engage this muscle. Like a few others I've read on here I do not really like doing the s*** beast nasolabial fold exercise it makes them look and feel worse. Not sure whether to just brave this and keep going or stop because things look to be worsening
vandu
5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all for your answers, and for letting me know how important massage is.

Some questions:

I'm planning to do Day 1 exercises 3x/week and Day 2 2x/week and weekends off. Adding massage to that.. and without overtiring my face..

-Is it best to also alternate the Day 3 and Day 4 massage.. say for example one week doing Day 3 with Day 1 exercise and Day 4 with Day 2 exercise?
-Is it okay to do the pulling/tugging along with Day 3/4 massages?

-Is it okay to do the massages apart from the exercises? Like massage in morning and exercise at night. or.. is it better to do it all at once and let then let the face have a break for 24 hrs?

thanks.
vandu
5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Challenges in the exercises:

i'm finding two exercises in particular difficult...or rather, i just dont know if i'm doing right:
1) long neck.. the idea is to tighten the jaw right?
i pull some skin on neck, look up, mouth apart.. and then i tense..but it's so subtle..nor do i always feel my skin move. sometimes i do. any other tip for really feeling the platysma? i was thinking..is it like making a deep "ughh" sound? dont know if that makes any sense lol. but when i sort of do a throaty deep ugh i think that engages my platysma.
when i do feel skin move..i think it's my throat muscle moves downward.

this is an important exercise for me since i've the jowlies.. so please help me get this right?

also is it possible for jawline to get more defined just by doing the cheek exercises? or is long neck crucial for smoothing out jowlyness?

2) I think i'm doing Lift Eyelids okay.. but WISH is tough for me simply because the area i pinch when i start rapidly shutting my eyes hurts. it's bony there and just hurts. if i pull in and anchor my thumb thats on temple, and press lightly with index finger at corner of eye..then it doesn't hurt to do the rapid shutting of eyes. but seems the finger at corner of eye is what needs to be anchored. anyway..and as i rapidly shut eyes that bony area hurts! i dont know.. maybe i just need to apply bit less pressure? i'm trying to experiment right now yet i dont want to overwork the area lol (just did these exercises last night). any pointers would be appreciated.
anyone else have this issue of hurting at bony area at the outer eye corner?

Thanks!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vandu,

The cheek exercises pull the flesh up away from the jaw, which is by far the most important way to tackle them. The neck exercise does tighten the muscle that shapes the jaw but in general the jaw is hidden under flesh that's slid down from the upper and mid face.

The cheek muscles lift the flesh that's overhanging the jaw revealing the clean line underneath.

The neck exercise does tighten the area where it needs it but its main purpose is to thicken and tighten the skin of the neck. It's not always easy to feel which muscle you should be using, but if you just have a stab at them you'll benefit from the imperfect movement and learn to feel the muscle over time.

Same with Wish. If it's hurting to grasp the flesh then you should certainly press more lightly. Provided you're making it less easy to shut the eyes tight, the exercise will do you good. The face becomes incredibly strong and flexible after a few weeks training.

All best, loulou 😊

5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Loulou for replying about these exercises..definitely feel better knowing i'm doing good even if i'm not totally good at/comfortable with doing them all. and i'm quite comfortable with doing the cheeks Smile gosh i feel a burn sometimes.

Would love to hear people's response to my question about massage.

Another question..i understand that over training is nothing terrible but just causes face to get tired.. but i'm curious...does that mean our problem areas can look worse? like if i over train my cheeks and dont take breaks my jowls could look more pronounced? or over training eyes they may look more sunken and baggy? just curious because i do notice a little of this at times.. i'm not over training anymore i just have a face that tends to look tired so perhaps more sensitive to any exercise. though as Loulou says, perhaps i look even more tired when i look in the mirror at my flaws..i totally get that.

anyway, just curious if this is what face looking tired means..and if others have experience more pronounce of their problem areas. thanks.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Snorkmaiden,
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I just can't manage to look at everyone's photos. There just aren't enough hours in the day, but I'm happy to address any issues here.

My answer to people who send photos is always the same. The programme is designed to target the muscles that make the face youthful and attractive. You can't overbuild any of the muscles, you simply pull your face up higher! The only exception is Crush, which pulls the cheeks in for a sculpted look that many people prefer to avoid. Otherwise the Ageless exercises will only make the face better.

If you have an issue with n/ls you cm rest assured that pulling the face upward will only benefit them in the long term. They're caused by the downshift that causes jowls and the apparent loss of fat in the upper face, a downturned mouth and various other unwelcome developments.

Ageless pulls the whole face up and outward in one piece. Try not to focus on the n/l issue. It's conceivable that your face is temporarily looking worse, but it's not possible to worsen n/ls or any other issue by the upward-outward movement of the bulk of the face. It's what a surgical facelift does.

Loulou

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi again snorkmaiden 😊

I'm so sorry, I entirely missed the point of your post. I thought it was the n/l issue that was concerning you!

About your cheeks. I'd like to say first that you have a very, very beautiful face. Your pics got me thinking about the word-class beauties who have flat upper cheeks. Jerry Hall, the young natassja kinski, iman, Greta Garbo are all relatively flat in the cheek area. This is already your face and it'd be great if you realised what already have!

Having said that, you hit on the basis of Ageless when you say that when you smile you have a lot of flesh in the area. The cheek exercises are basically smile exercises and will pull the face permanently higher and closer to what you get when you smile. There's a little increase in volume, but the biggest change comes from carrying your face higher and always being poised to smile.

Look after yourself, loulou 😘

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou you are a sweetheart thank you for those replies and your lovely words. I have to say since taking a few more days break I can now see what you mean about how this them allows you to see the fruits of your labour. My nls still look deep but something about my face seems more animated in a good way. I went to lunch with a friend the other day and she said I was looking great which really surprised me because at the time I was feeling quite down about my face. I will continue on with the exercises, something very empowering about doing them 😊 thanks again I really appreciate your guidance! X
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi snorkmaiden, I'm so glad you're beginning to enjoy your young face. Very few women, including me, have ever had such a pretty face to begin with, so make the most of of it!

Thank you for your great feedback xx

5% products discount

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lou lou and others for answering my endless questions. i just want to make sure i do just what's needed to avoid the side effects. i now realize for me doing day1/day2 twice a week is more than enough.. so Mon,tues,(skip wed) th, fri, weekend off.

If someone can answer my questions re massage i'd really appreciate:
is doing tugging/pulling skin along with the day 3/4 massage too much? should i only stick with one technique on each day?

and is doing massage 2-3 a week more than enough?
so say one day: Day 3 massage plus some pulling/tugging,
another day: Day 4 massage plus pulling/tugging,
and another day: maybe both Day3 and Day 4? with some pulling/tugging?

if above sounds too much please let me know a better way as my face does have tendency to easily look and feel tired if i do too much. yet i do enjoy the massage and pulling Smile

thanks so much.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Vandu

There really isn't much adjustment necessary in terms of what exercises you include and how often you do then. Just as I haven't left anything out of the Ageless programme to save time (it included all the muscles that lift or tighten the face) the programme allows the perfect amount of exercise to train the muscles hard and allow proper recovery and growth.

You can either alternate days 1 and 2 or if you have the Massage Book you can follow a sequence day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, day 1, rest 2 days. The basics don't differ from face to face, you just need to give your face a rest when you look tired 😴

5% products discount

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Posting to all Ageless users
I did Ageless a couple of years ago and was overjoyed at the way my face improved. I've been pretty happy with it since, maybe doing the program once a month to maintain the results I achieved in the early days, but I've returned to doing it twice a week again and WOW that's made a huge difference.
I was happy because I didn't have sag, but getting going again has given my face that kind of bursting with health, youthful look I'd forgotten about. Also I think I'm still seeing slight good overall changes, my jaw is firmer and my undereye area smoother than it's been for years.
So to all the experienced Ageless users here, keep up the good work because you still get the rewards long, long after the spike your looks gt in the firs few weeks.
Lou Lou I'm sorry for complaining about your prices. Hope this post shows how I appreciate you
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi ballerina 😎

Great to hear you're still getting lovelier!

I agree that there's a tendency for people to think they've 'done' Ageless when they've addressed the obvious sag that plagues older women.

It's worth remembering that Ageless also affects the immediate fitness of the face and like a gym body it's not just about addressing its problems, and making it look younger; the face does have extra life when it's treated as a living, functioning thing rather than a decorative mask covering your real face.

Thanks so much for the great feedback 😎

5% products discount

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou, does this apply to the massage as well? After a few weeks I'm more than happy with the difference the massage exercises have made to my face and was going to cut down on the hands on stuff and concentrate on working with my neck with cosmeceuticals and lasers but if the massage is going to continue on its upward curve I'll go back to basics. Once again, my only issue now is my neck, I want to concentrate on that. I know the massage is working there but do I need to keep doing the
Other massage exercises? Thanks, lenny
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Not Loulou but I’m in my mid sixties now and swear that in my mid 50s when my neck was still an issue massaging it was the thing (along with being aware of posture) that made the most difference to my neck and it is definitely accumulative. I’m too chicken to do derma rolling – no way Jose but massage and the jolting movements I love. Whilst I still do facial exercises – I don’t do one sole program but a combination of things that work for me and my face and give me the results I’m going after and I think the same is true for most people. At a point you start working out what works for your face and gives you results and so you start doing that moreso. A lot of the program creators develop their programs based on what works for their own faces. Just because something works for them it doesn’t mean it will necessarily give you the same effects. So I would always suggest staying open minded about these things.
Lenny cant wrote:
Loulou, does this apply to the massage as well? After a few weeks I'm more than happy with the difference the massage exercises have made to my face and was going to cut down on the hands on stuff and concentrate on working with my neck with cosmeceuticals and lasers but if the massage is going to continue on its upward curve I'll go back to basics. Once again, my only issue now is my neck, I want to concentrate on that. I know the massage is working there but do I need to keep doing the
Other massage exercises? Thanks, lenny
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny,

The Ageless exercises target the muscles that lift the face and the ones that smooth out the other areas, eyes, neck, upper lip.In my view, these are the muscles you need to target whether you use Ageless exercises or another programme. I guess a man might want also to thicken the neck, etc,and I don't do anything much for the forehead, but otherwise it's how to lift the face without doing anything unnecessary.

For massage, you can freestyle. Any work for the skin is good, especially your neck, but yes keep massaging everything.all best, loulou

5% products discount

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you Lou Lou, I will keep up the Ageless massage and the Ageless exercises. It's worked great for me so far. Good to know I can take this further 😊😊😊😎😎😎
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny, thanks for the glowing review. So glad you're enjoying your results 😊,

Best wishes, loulou

5% products discount

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just got Ageless Massage as a gift from my mother, and will be getting the exercises soon.

I watched the video and followed along. I didn't realize many of the places where I was holding tension in my face! I had a lot along my jawline. I can't open the ebook, but hopefully I'll get that worked out soon so I can really understand the techniques and process.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi fairy,

im so glad you're finding the DVD is working for you 😘
Just so you know, our app is going up imminently and it should solve any complications in downloading and viewing your file 😎
Watch this space 😁
Loulou xx

5% products discount

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey all, massage working for me at last! Well I say at last only been a few weeks but I'm impatient Razz Razz Razz my neck definite tighter, other little issues improving. Never thought I'd look this good again, only fair to give credit to Lou Lou. Exercises are working, massages are working.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to give along description and I Hope that Lou Lou can help me or anyone else, but especially her input would be nice. So when I do "The beast" where you lift the upper lip, I find that my left side is strong, but when I try and do the right side, the nerve or muscle that goes along the inner side of my eye/between eye and nose and into the "11" area" is working big time and twitching. The lip isn't doing the work much. When I finish, I have a slight burning headache feel in that area of my brow right above my eye, where that muscle/nerve was working. Anyone know if this is normal, how I can stop it, how I can get that right lip activated more and why I get the "burn" afterwards?? Thanks so much.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |