Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Go away for a few days and come back to 4 pages. Thanks guys.

Any reason why using the delicate brush from my Clarisonic wouldn't work?

I just got thru washing my face with the grey brush. Dried face then placed the blue brush on and went thru 2 cycles on a dry face. Then decided to use it a few minutes with the Clarisonic off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
arya2 wrote:
I should have mentioned in my earlier post that I started skin brushing the same week as the Ageless Exercises and having tolerant skin, I decided to be quite aggressive with it as well (after the 3rd day...)

Perhaps the combination of the 2, the exercises and the brushing, have been the cause of this sudden change in my skin. Whatever, I'm very happy with the results.

Much better circulation, colour and smoother skin can be added to my earlier post.

Arya2,

What brush are you using? I have a facial brush, but it feels like it would scratch up my skin if I was to brush too hard. I've been doing the exercises over a month and am very happy too. My complexion is looking good but I want to brush instead of using the vaculift for awhile. Just to change up the routine alittle Smile

I was too impatient to hunt for a soft brush and used the one I had on hand as a gift from a drugstore - the typical full body natural bristle brush you see everywhere. That's why I was somewhat gentle at first. However, my skin very quickly seemed to cry out for more vigorous brushing and even now, after a month I feel I'm at another stage where my skin could either tolerate 2 brushes daily or a stiffer bristle.

Had read another post by someone who also experienced feeling the need for a stronger bristle & began using the hand/nail brush on her skin. Couldn't believe it then but I do now. My skin just loves this, but then it's not sensitive.

However, am mindful of the 'less is more' philosphy so may resist the urge to progress to the nail brush.

At least for now.... Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
I'd just like to post a warning regarding dry skin brushing.I've been doing it for years and it's been my observation that when you first start it your skin will look worse for a few weeks before it starts looking better. The skin will feel dry, rough and reddened in parts with lots of little red raised bumps. Then one day, almost overnight, the skin suddenly starts looking better. Then only a couple of days later it's like having the proverbial baby butt skin all over. Voila, a miracle. The older you are, or the worse your skin is, the longer it will take before it starts looking better, but normally it's no longer than 3 weeks. I've seen this with dozens of people.

The same goes with dry skin brushing on your face. This is what turns people off. They see their skin looking worse and immediately get scared and stop. I did this myself when I first started. My broken capillaries looked worse and the skin under my eyes looked baggy and irritated and I freaked out and stopped. Eventually I worked up the courage to go back to it and things got better in time. So my suggestion is if you want to do dry skin brushing on your face, do it every second day for a while so your skin can adjust fairly slowly.

It can be the same with facial massage or exercises. There's absolutely no way to get around the "worse before it gets better" stage. I'm not trying to turn anyone off, just the opposite! I've found dry skin brushing, facial massage and facial exercises work better for me than all the topical actives in the world, but you do have to have a little faith to get through the uglies.

luckylouie, thanks for this valuable heads up...without this, a lot of people might see the uglies and stop vs. working through them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
at what age should one start doing those ageless exercises.....later 20's? or in 30's plus?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Here are a few more facial brushes:

This one has natural bristles:
http://www.amazon.com/New-England-Earthline-Skincare-Products/dp/B000VV0JNQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231384486&sr=1-8

A Japanese one:
http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Soft-Massaging-Cleansing-Brush/dp/B000BR38KG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231384622&sr=1-5

One from Dermalogica:
http://www.amazon.com/Dermalogica-Exfoliating-Face-Brush/dp/B00120SSKG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231384674&sr=1-9

Thanks Bethany for doing the legwork (or fingerwork) for me Smile I have something like the natural bristle brush. It feels so stiff though. I will use it gently and see if my skin can handle it. Maybe I'll break it in on my body first.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:

However, am mindful of the 'less is more' philosphy so may resist the urge to progress to the nail brush.

At least for now.... Smile

Yeah, I think your skin has to be extremely thick and healthy to handle a nail brush Shock . Let us know if you ever get to that point though.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Simran....I don't think there is any "right" age to start facial exercises...starting young, it will surely keep your facial muscles nice and tight and certainly beneficial in the long run because you will have the one up on aging!Laughing ....I am no expert, but that would be my thoughts on it.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Simran....I don't think there is any "right" age to start facial exercises...starting young, it will surely keep your facial muscles nice and tight and certainly beneficial in the long run because you will have the one up on aging!Laughing ....I am no expert, but that would be my thoughts on it.

I agree with Bren... start young and you won't have to reverse anything!

Probably do about half of what your programme recommends though Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Go away for a few days and come back to 4 pages. Thanks guys.

Any reason why using the delicate brush from my Clarisonic wouldn't work?

I just got thru washing my face with the grey brush. Dried face then placed the blue brush on and went thru 2 cycles on a dry face. Then decided to use it a few minutes with the Clarisonic off.

Hi Frodo, I think the point of skin brushing, like massage, is to make your skin work a bit harder to repair itself and adapt to future 'attacks' by becoming thicker and healthier. I don't think it matters what you use to do it, although Bethany's brushes below look nice to have around the dressing table!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I use an old soft toothbrush around the eyes, because it's easier not to poke yourself!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Who hijacked this thread which was supposed to be about facial excercises????? Don't you find it annoying and time-consuming to go into a thread that's titled "Young Hands" and find all kinds of information TOTALLY UNRELATED to "young hands"? GRRRRR.....
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...stay cool Cool ...it will get back on track. Skin brushing and (massage) all go hand and hand with facial exercises. Just keep in mind, its ALL about looking better!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Y_Not

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to thank Bethany for the time she took to address some questions I had and steer me to this topic. It took me a while to get through it. I have just ordered Louise's Ageless If You Dare.

I thought I would offer some help to anyone who is having trouble downloading the book. After 2 attempts of trying to control where the download is stored (including the Ctrl-Alt suggestion) I found some online help on the LuLu website:

Right click on the orange download button.
Select Save Target As (or Save Link As)
You can now name the pdf file and store it in the folder of your choice.
(I am using Windows 2000 Pro)
Hope this helps.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Determined,

actually stong 'massage'..and other manual ways of challenging the skin and flesh of the face...is also an important part of the Ageless If You Dare program...and, I believe, is part of the 'dare' in the program!... it was scary for me at first to challenge my face this way....but my face is loving it..coming alive through doing it.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
So, you gals that have been doing "Ageless", anything to report? We sure would like an update on your success....
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
oh my gosh...check this out! I was surfing the web for facial exercises and found this
facial exercise ball! What a hoot! hmm

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE PRODUCT THAT WILL GIVE YOU A FACELIFT WITHOUT SURGERY IN JUST 10 MINUTES A DAY?

Then you don’t want to miss the chance of looking younger BY USING THE ORIS VISTA FACE EXERCISE BALL
http://www.faceexerciseball.com/

I have one too. So tedious and did nothing for me

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Y_Not wrote:
Just wanted to thank Bethany for the time she took to address some questions I had and steer me to this topic. It took me a while to get through it. I have just ordered Louise's Ageless If You Dare.

No problem...I hope your results are as good as mine are so far! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
So, you gals that have been doing "Ageless", anything to report? We sure would like an update on your success....

I have been giving regular updates throughout the thread on my eyes and marionette lines (ML pics were included at one month).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Who hijacked this thread which was supposed to be about facial excercises????? Don't you find it annoying and time-consuming to go into a thread that's titled "Young Hands" and find all kinds of information TOTALLY UNRELATED to "young hands"? GRRRRR.....

Just a reminder...Stress takes it's toll on the face! And let's keep in mind that EDS is not like a work meeting, so things here can be a little looser. Laughing

However, these topics being discussed ARE definitely ON TOPIC and are an important part of the Ageless program.

Have you bought and read the book yet? If you got it early in the game, you might have missed Chapter 9 on facial massage and skin brushing...LouLou can send it to you if you need it.

Let us know if you need any help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:

Determined - I know what you mean. We don't like a lot of hijacking either! As you've heard facial manipulation is a part of facial exercise but as a newbie it probably looked like another hijack!
Pretty soon you'll be exercising and massaging and brushing!
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the download version of the book, and am excited to start the program tonight.

I started reading the thread, and within the first few pages, I was hooked.

If I can get similar results as those of you who have posted your results and your pics, I will be one happy camper!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:
I just purchased the download version of the book, and am excited to start the program tonight.

If I can get similar results as those of you who have posted your results and your pics, I will be one happy camper!

And it is way easier than dermarolling. Smile

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
From Lurking to Lemming Laughing
Downloaded the book, yanked my face around quite strenuously the last 2 days.
The logic appeals to me, certainly hope it works, seems like it should?

Not too clear yet on the massage, although my face feels a little traumatized just from the exercises Shock

I really want a glimpse of my old plumper, higher cheekbones back. And just about anything would be an improvement over my saggy, wrinkled eyelids.. Sad

So, thanks for a wonderfully optimistic thread, and a minimal hit to the pocketbook Laughing

Keep those stories rolling ("Rawhide")... Arrow

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
deelighted wrote:

And it is way easier than dermarolling. Smile

I am hoping that a combination of the two will improve my skin and the muscle underneath it. It's all part of my plan to do my own makeover. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Coosi and Deelighted. The purchase of Ageless if you Dare and Flex Effect were my best purchases of 2008 and the most cost effective.

If you are faithful you WILL see results. I am about seven months into facial exercise and it just keeps getting better. I also massage everyday - hands too - just pulling and pinching and tapping. It gets red with bloodflow to the area - that's how you know it's working and of course you may be a little sore from the workout! But again, it's worth it.

If you're trying to save some cash I recommend reading the DIY threads on c serums, etc. They are very interesting and inexpensive and the results sound very good. I'm going to make up some of my own as soon as the products arrive....

Again, welcome.

Sis
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |