Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
anila wrote:
Can someone email me the pdf version of the book...i dont have a credit card plz plz plz Crying or Very sad

Uh that would kinda cheat the author out of her due, though. Perhaps if you email the author, Louise, she can work with you on paying for it!
Hope this helps! it is really worth the $10!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, you don't need a cc. You could just pay her cash through PayPal. That's what I did.

hth

Ari

edited to add: And, I agree that it is very well worth the price. I'm on day 3 and I'm extremely pleased. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Actually, you don't need a cc. You could just pay her cash through PayPal. That's what I did.

hth

Ari

edited to add: And, I agree that it is very well worth the price. I'm on day 3 and I'm extremely pleased. Very Happy

I ordered the book last week. Looking forward to receiving this. Care to share what has taken place in only 3 days?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Beege,

You already know that I've always believed in facial exercises and how much I've loved Facial Magic. (It's on a old thread here somewhere.) Anyway, I did get this pdf file (being the impatient type) and there is definitely a difference already. I don't know if it's from "muscle shock" (lol) or what, but my cheeks seem a tiny bit raised and the furrows in my forehead definitely aren't quite as pronounced--i.e., they are flatter. That really is the most noticeable effect so far.

Of course, you can't expect a huge improvement in only three days but it IS noticeable enough even to me to make me want to continue and see what happens farther down the line.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Hi Beege,

You already know that I've always believed in facial exercises and how much I've loved Facial Magic. (It's on a old thread here somewhere.) Anyway, I did get this pdf file (being the impatient type) and there is definitely a difference already. I don't know if it's from "muscle shock" (lol) or what, but my cheeks seem a tiny bit raised and the furrows in my forehead definitely aren't quite as pronounced--i.e., they are flatter. That really is the most noticeable effect so far.

Of course, you can't expect a huge improvement in only three days but it IS noticeable enough even to me to make me want to continue and see what happens farther down the line.

Ari

WooHoo, that's enough to get me excited. Too lazy to download so bought the book.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou Smile Will the cheek exercises help with a slight drooping around the corners of the mouth? You know at the very corners of the mouth..
Or should you work the muscles around the mouth for that?

Ta Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
yup may b that is not ethicallay right Crying or Very sad ...well i have no means as far as i can c to pay as i am from Pakistan...even if its worth 10 dollars...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
anila wrote:
yup may b that is not ethicallay right Crying or Very sad ...well i have no means as far as i can c to pay as i am from Pakistan...even if its worth 10 dollars...

Anila, I would PM LouLou and see what you can work out with her.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Hi Loulou Smile Will the cheek exercises help with a slight drooping around the corners of the mouth? You know at the very corners of the mouth..

Ta Very Happy

Hi carol Cool

Yes, the cheek exercises are actually muscles that move the mouth, the cheek just happens to lie on the route Very Happy

The idea with Ageless is to do exactly what you're wanting to do... strengthen the muscles that turn up the mouth and make the face look happy, and ignore anything that turns the mouth down or pulls it inwards.

Hope that helps

((((hugs) LL Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
anila wrote:

Anila, I would PM LouLou and see what you can work out with her.

Thanks guys for being so decent about the book. I know from how many I'm selling that everyone here has downloaded it the official way. (I'm not on Google search or even on Amazon yet, so you're my only clients )

Anila, I do sympathise with the position you're in. There are four exercises I'm sending out to anyone who wants them, or maybe you have a skill you can swap with mine. PM me about it. Cool

Very Happy LL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi LouLou, just want to check with you as I would like to order the book today.. is it all in order now, with pages correctly numbered and all material included?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Hi LouLou, just want to check with you as I would like to order the book today.. is it all in order now, with pages correctly numbered and all material included?

Yes it's sorted, catski. Thanks so much for buying it! x x LL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
With a houseful through Thanksgiving weekend, I've hardly had much spare time, but I did get through the 1st 40 pages of my 'downloaded' book, and here are my thoughts FYI;

1. As LL mentioned the *glitch* is sorted out, and it's perfect.

2. It's very interesting, precise + straight to the heart of the matter.

3. The instruction for the exercises are *fairly* easy for me to follow.. (I'm a visual learner, so it takes me 2 or 3 times reading to be sure I have it right.

4. The diagrams are many and awesome.

5. The pictures she includes of two celebrities in their hayday, and then matured, clearly show the aging process, and also make it clear what exercises will help that.

6. LL's customer service and attention to this thread is outstanding IMHO.

7. I found the manipulation/massage techniques in this book very easy to understand.

It's clear to me that for her it's not *just* about selling books, and she's happy to go into detail here to be sure it's all very understandable.. It's nice not to be afraid to ask a question, and get a direct answer also..

Really likin' it ..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:

Yes it's sorted, catski. Thanks so much for buying it! x x LL

Smile

Great stuff!

Really looking forward to getting it. Love the cover, btw!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I plan to order this to download. Can someone tell me how the exact sender e-mail address of the pdf will appear, so that I can add it to my e-mail address book? Otherwise if it's an unknown sender I'm afraid the book will end up in 'spam' and get automatically deleted.
Thanks for the info! Am looking forward to viewing it.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing Loulou's exercises for 5 days and I honestly think I notice a difference Shock

Like Kassy I have the Carol Maggio book, the Face Magic or something DVD, the Tua Viso facial exerciser etc. so I wasn't really expecting much but this is easy and quick - you don't need half an hour only 5 minutes.

After reading this thread from start to finish (maybe I need a more challenging job) I only have one question - what type of brush do you use for facial brushing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Ta Very Happy

Hi carol Cool

Yes, the cheek exercises are actually muscles that move the mouth, the cheek just happens to lie on the route Very Happy

The idea with Ageless is to do exactly what you're wanting to do... strengthen the muscles that turn up the mouth and make the face look happy, and ignore anything that turns the mouth down or pulls it inwards.

Hope that helps

((((hugs) LL Smile

Thanks loulou Very Happy The only exercise im having difficulty with is no 6 where you pull the flesh away from your face and pull it back using your cheek muscles. I find it very hard and not sure if im doing it right!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat, if you email Louise at LouiseAnnetteUk@aol.com she can tell you the details of how to order to be sure. You will not be sorry, in my opinion.

LouLou: any chance you'll be making a DVD showing us in detail how the exercises go? Some of us are not as good as others at following written instructions.... wave ....altho even from my own paltry understanding it seems to be going well!

I like the "fishmouth" lip exercise, and the neck exercise the best and I'm getting awesome results!!! You are right: the curling/lifting motion of the lip gives great lift and definition and avoids the "chimpanzee look"!! It makes me look so pouty!! MMMMMMWAH! LOVE!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
Ok, it must be my eyes. Can somebody told me where is the download icon? I'm going in circles.

Here you go!

http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

Chocolat: this is the publisher's website, if you need that info too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have the FE book and DVD that I purchased last year and didn't stick with as it was so time consuming and since I didn't actually want anyone to SEE me doing the exercises...I couldn't find time to "sneak" them in.

Will I get results just using LouLou's program or do I have to use it in conjunction with the FE program? Five minutes a day would be a cinch...
Take Care
5% products discount

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
When do we all pitch in so I can see a video of this?Smile

I wish I could see if I was doing the exercises correctly..

Exercise #1.. says.. "Now use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight up towards the center of the eye." Can someone assist..

Also it would be nice to see someone holding on to their face with a firm grip to see how the excercise is actually preformed...

Take Care
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
cross-posting....

bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Take Care wrote:
Hi Bethany,

I took your advice and ordered "Ageless if you dare"..

I wish it was a video.. how do you know if your doing the exercises correctly?

For instance.. exercise #1.. says.. "Now use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight up towards the center of the eye." Can you explain that?

Also it would be nice to see someone holding on to their face with a firm grip to see how the excercise is actually preformed...

Thank you

Hi Take care, I'm a visual learner also, and find it so much easier to watch a video. I also could do with a more in depth instruction for a few of the exercises..

LouLou is happy to answer our questions, and she's got a great talent for explaining it all..

Maybe LouLou could find a way to post a Youtube video for us?

I'll ask over on the Ageless thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
I have the FE book and DVD that I purchased last year and didn't stick with as it was so time consuming and since I didn't actually want anyone to SEE me doing the exercises...I couldn't find time to "sneak" them in.

Will I get results just using LouLou's program or do I have to use it in conjunction with the FE program? Five minutes a day would be a cinch...

LouLou's program is completely separate from FE...you can do only hers and see results. And it REALLY does only take 5 mins...that's probably the main reason I've stuck with it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with bethany. I really have seen results in only the few minutes it takes each day to do the exercises.
I switched over from FE after doing that program for 4 months and have noticed a dramatic increase in the fullness of my cheeks and smoother neck muscles in the week and a half that I've been doing Ageless.
I still do the massage outlined in FE and see how it's filling out my undereye hollows.
So you can combine the 2 and customize to your needs and how much time you can spend. It's all about knowing your skin and doing what it needs....Maybe you can come up with an exercise that works even better for you than the ones LouLou and Carol have designed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just looking at a video alone wouldn't help completely in doing the exercises. For some of them, you wouldn't be able to see the muscle moving because the movement is so small. You can only appreciate it when you tense up the correct muscle. The video would be more for checking that we correctly position our fingers on the various parts of the face. We still have to read the book and the description of the exercises to fully appreciate it. Hmm...we wouldn't expect her to do this for free....after all, it takes time and trouble for her to do this. And her previous experience as a Flexeffects trainer does have value....so maybe we would have to pay for the video?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |