Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:
fawnie wrote:
LOL@ "weirdo"........if they could see all of us pulling and pushing at our skin...making faces and using LED blinking lights...putting all manner of glop and goo that we mix up in our kitchens on our skin.......and then taking pictures of ourselves and comparing!!!!!! OMG I just wet my pants!!!!

I have to do these things when nobody else is home. My Daughter and my Husband would wet their pants laughing at me if they only knew! LOL

Me too! I wouldn't dare let my kids or husband see! I could just see my 12 year old telling all her friends at school all about it - I would just die! She came upon my loulou book in the bathroom last night - it was at "kiss" and she started to read it - I quickly snatched it away and changed the subject really fast!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
somehow my bruises are not sore...just red spots on my cheeks.
BTW, have any of you used BQ and the ageless exercises togther? I have been warming my muscles with the BQ, before I do the exercises...much like when I do weight training at the gym, my trainer always wants me to "warm-up" first so my muscles are more flexible. I wonder if this concept applies on the face as well? Question

I use the BQ and the ageless together, but it sounds like I have it backwards. I always do the BQ after the excercises. Have you noticed any difference from using it before?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess, thanks for the tissue tip - it totally works! And I use vinyl gloves at work too, will give that a go, though a fresh tissue every session might be better for my sometimes spotty skin

and funny i think my face is still a little sore today, like when you've been squinting in the sun for a long time. I'll take that as a good thing then! cnt wait to do day 2 now (and I know I shouldnt expect results within days but i will be carefully scrutinising my visage over the next few days anyway) Very Happy
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there... Just popping in...

I have to laugh about those of you "in the closet" with your training... It's true, those that couldn't possibly think of not going with the main stream will laugh and tease. Until they notice that you've made some major improvements. Then they will either become caddy (other woman), wierdly jealous (men that don't like their sig. others looking better), or inquisitive (wanting/begging to know your secret).

I grew up watching my mother work her face. Which is why it's so natural to me. Of course, I had the hottest mom in the class!!! Why would I question her technique?

Keep up the good work. Even if it's in the closet. I don't beleive for a minute that you will regret it. I do hope you will share with your daughters when they start their skin care... No reason for them to wait until they NEED it... Prevention has been a blessing to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this as a separate thread but thought I'd add it here as I'm doing the LouLous and can only think that exercise is the cause of this strange happening. At first I thought I was imagining things until my friend noticed it. For a few weeks, I have noticed that my eyes are getting sort of piggy-looking. (This coincides with doing LouLou's facial exercises and a couple of others for the eyes, namely those in Yoga Face, which also involve the orbicularis oculi.)

At first it was just a "Geez, Louise, my eyes look small today." Then, I noticed that it was a struggle to pull my lids far enough apart to install my contacts. Then, BFF said something along the lines of, "I think those exercises may be making your eyes smaller."

Hmm...interesting. Has anyone else noticed this? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia... I don't practice LouLou's Program. However, I've been wearing contacts for 20 years... and doing Facial exercises for just about as long... with no ill effect... and I'm KNOWN for my big eyes... That have NEVER gotten smaller...

That said, I would increase your massage in the under eye area as you just might need a little more play in your tissues...

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia, I have some wrinkling (light) in that area and I have been trying to tighten it up. While the wrinkling remains (indicating some skin laxity, I would think) the shape of the lid appears to have tautened (does this make sense?) and moved upwards reducing the area of sclera to be viewed. I wish I had a "before" shot to better explain what I mean. It's really strange!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah that really is weird. I would expect that the skin tightened as well as it should have lifted the skin below... It would be like having a wrinkly bicep, building up enough muscle to see a difference and the skin doesn't stretch over it. Kind of like when you place your fingers in your hair line and pull your face up. Have you had a HUGE amount of build in the cheeks? In that you can see them looking out over your lashes.

Increased volume in the cheek, and I mean LOTS, could make your eye look like it's sinking if you've really built the cheeks... I think it's really strange that you're having a hard time opening your eye for contacts. In fact, given that, I would expect your vision to alter (in the same way it does when you squint).

If you suspect your exercises... back off. The muscles are small. They will atrophy quickly.

And I would go to my post just before yours... I'm serious, people often get caddy when they see improvements.

Also, when wearing eyeliner... to prevent a small looking eye... don't line the top lash!

Oh... and I'm also curious how your contact feel once they are in... you mentioned that your eyes look piggy... any bulging???? That's a sign of HyperThyroid!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia Smile

I have very mild hypothyroid, it's a genetic thing. No catty friends either. My vision is OK. It's just that I've gone from having average size eyes to smaller. My cheeks are not bulging, just higher (not a huge amount, but noticeable in 3/4 profile). I don't line on the outside...I dot between the lashes. LOL! I'm a difficult one...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I will be as curious as you about what others have experienced. I'm never heard this... Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wondering what else I could have been doing to promote this change. I am BQing and occasionally Dermarolling (but only twice a week at the moment) and using Dermalastyl. I cannot imagine any of these things making a difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, maybe try some lymphatic drainage techniques to decongest the areas. Here's a vid;
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/lymphatic-drainage-massage/3955692782
Be sure to drink lots of water afterward to aid the detox process!
I hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks fawnie. Doesn't the BQ accelerate lymphatic drainage?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, I am not having any issues with my eyes getting smaller with LL's program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Hi there... Just popping in...

I have to laugh about those of you "in the closet" with your training... It's true, those that couldn't possibly think of not going with the main stream will laugh and tease. Until they notice that you've made some major improvements. Then they will either become caddy (other woman), wierdly jealous (men that don't like their sig. others looking better), or inquisitive (wanting/begging to know your secret).

I grew up watching my mother work her face. Which is why it's so natural to me. Of course, I had the hottest mom in the class!!! Why would I question her technique?

Keep up the good work. Even if it's in the closet. I don't beleive for a minute that you will regret it. I do hope you will share with your daughters when they start their skin care... No reason for them to wait until they NEED it... Prevention has been a blessing to me.

I have to agree with Claude here...age prevention and taking good care of yourself is something to be proud of!

And catty women will indeed say things to thwart improvement...like friends who offer you cookies even though they know you are dieting. Rolling Eyes

But if someone you really trust says something (especially of you have noticed it yourself), then you might need to make a change.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Antonia - I've actually thought my eyes were a bit more open vs getting smaller with Lou Lou s program. Are you perhaps more tired or overworking them?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LouLou,
Just to let you know, I pm'd you to request trial exercises.
Thank you.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Thanks fawnie. Doesn't the BQ accelerate lymphatic drainage?

Yes, you are so right! But I like to do manual lymphatic drainage too, to get things moving more. It's something I can actually feel working right away. Hope things are settling down for you....maybe massaging too vigorously?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
LOL guilt isn't going to solve anything.... I often tell people to aim for at least 5-6 days a week because its kind of like a foundation program for your muscles.... but any exercise is better than none at all.

In FE we kind of go after every muscle grouping (whereas Loulou's targets the ones she considers to be the most important) so there is a slight difference but both have good effects for sure.

In doing some every day, your literally getting the muscles used to having the supply of blood they did when you were younger. Look at kids, their faces have about 100% perfect circulation (unless there is a health concern), but if you compare that with a 80 year old, the circulation is probably a lot less than that, in fact I remember a study done in Europe suggesting that after 30 years, your circulation decreases by about 10$ every 10 year grouping after.... so by 40 years you have lost 20% etc. The exercises and massage focus on not only improving the circulation but stimulating the muscles, connective tissue etc which also all decrease as the years roll on for the general population.

When people start exercising, that so called decreasing begins to slow down and at some point actually stop which is because the face has been brought back up to a healthy level and thus ageless. I think health is ESSENTIAL to anything...

Where most people seem to go wrong is in starting to do all 40 straight at once. I have lost count the number of times I try to convince them not to - but they don't listen. Usually I tell them to use just the dvd twice a day (as thats a great workout on the major groups) and then when they have nailed that.... to begin breaking the book down into parts. If your unfamiliar with exercises and start doing 40 of them, your going to be confused about placing, terminiology, contracting them, locating the muscles, etc. So 40 exercises can take them 4 hours. Better to start with the 15 minute dvd and work up to it.

Much easier and less stressful![quote="mpstat"][quote="sister sweets"] .... No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable and stresses the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd feel like a failure and that I had lost out on time and no way to make it up.... [/quote]
This is exactly the feeling I used to have before switching to 2+1 and since a week ago every other day schedule![/quote]
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
But it is ok to do Ageless or any facial exercises every day right? Daily is not going to OVER do it is it? I just want to make sure Very Happy..... I love doing them daily and after being on them for a little over a month, they have become a natural, easy, fun part of my routine.....NEVER thought I would say that about any exercise!! ha ha ha.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick question about the massaging of the face. Would any of the tugging, pulling, etc. cause broken caps to become worse?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Sure, its ok to do them daily but treat yourself to day off. I tell my people to aim for 6 days of each week, but no biggie if for some unforeseen circumstance arises and you can't do them.... get back to them when you can and things should be fine!
bren21 wrote:
But it is ok to do Ageless or any facial exercises every day right? Daily is not going to OVER do it is it? I just want to make sure Very Happy..... I love doing them daily and after being on them for a little over a month, they have become a natural, easy, fun part of my routine.....NEVER thought I would say that about any exercise!! ha ha ha.....
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

I am SO behind on this thread Silenced

But yes, doing them every day is fine!

The idea behind skipping a day/splitting the routine is for people who are just starting out and can't commit to a long routine, and also to avoid the "awkward" phases that *can* (but don't always) come with a doing more rigorous routine right from the get-go.

Even the awkward stages are (almost always) actually signs of improvement, but even if it IS a matter of genuinely overtraining, just taking a break for a few days or a week will get you back on track.

So, go for it! Very Happy
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Sure, its ok to do them daily but treat yourself to day off.

This is great advice for people who tend to do things compulsively! (pointing to self Laughing )

Though, to be honest, I have not been consistent with this at all and I really need to start reading this thread more for a good kick in the ass to get me motivated.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Just a quick question about the massaging of the face. Would any of the tugging, pulling, etc. cause broken caps to become worse?

Rileygirl, I'm not an expert at all, but I have some dilated capillaries and facial exercise has not aggravated them. I don't pull or knead those areas as vigorously as elsewhere however. I understand that Retin-A thickens the dermis and eventually lessens the appearance of the capillaries in time, so that's my weapon of choice. HTH!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |