Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
lolol!!! No, they are not tattooed. However, only the right one is real. I have to shave off what's left of the left one as it is literally half an inch higher. I draw it in using three pencils - pale beige for the base and then teeny tiny hairs with a darker brown and white. The white makes the whole eyebrow look very realistic. Yes, I'm the mistress of deception...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Perfectionist wrote:
Seany: different?
How so?

Has there been some actual scientific studies on these facial exercises proving they are effective and not wrinkle inducing?

There's 2 factors in wrinkling that really matters:
Sun and repetitive motion.

The exercises seem to be very repetitive, how is this not goin to cause wrinkling?

Pefectionist, you should actually post your question to the general Facial Exercise thread on the skincare forum. This thread is for people who are already on the Ageless bandwagon, as opposed to those who are questioning it. Here is the link...I posted pics there yesterday:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697

BTW, after having spent a TON of money on filler and Botox, Ageless has been the best $10 I spent in 2008...the changes I have seen in 3 months are nothing short of miraculous.
And WAY cheaper than the Botox and fillers I USED to buy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
lolol!!! No, they are not tattooed. However, only the right one is real. I have to shave off what's left of the left one as it is literally half an inch higher. I draw it in using three pencils - pale beige for the base and then teeny tiny hairs with a darker brown and white. The white makes the whole eyebrow look very realistic. Yes, I'm the mistress of deception...

Well they look great! Must have taken some time to perfect that technique. I'll better start practicing! Very Happy

On topic- my sister complimented me on my high cheekbones today. I've been doing FE and Ageless for a couple of months now and after looking a little gaunt (cheek hollows were very pronounced) and tired for the first few weeks things keep getting better and better. I knew I was in for an "ugly" start since I was going full steam on both programs, but it was worth it.
The massage is working really well on plumping my skin too, and now I can be quite aggressive with it without looking like somone has beat me up the next day!

OH, and I even have some color in my cheeks because of the improved circulation. My boyfriend (ever the charmer) told me I don't look like I should be avoiding garlic or sleeping in a coffin anymore. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, I'm glad you shared your before and after pics with us. Your eyes have a beautiful shape to them. I think you look significantly younger in your after pictures.

Seeing results like these are a great inspiration for those of us who are new to Ageless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Antonia, you are Gorgeous (both before and after)! I think you need to be giving us your secrets here! Very Happy

I totally agree!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Antonia. Thanks for sharing your pics -- you were gorgeous before but now you look like your own younger sister! Your results are truly inspiring; they're certainly enough to make me spend less time on this dang computer and more time on Ageless. Good job!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Goodness me. My head will be swelling when really it's LouLou's that should! Thanks for the kind comments and I hope that this gives everyone a "boost" in terms of results that can be achieved in a fairly short time.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I'm sorry, I'll post my other questions about facial exercises in general in the other post.

I do have a question relative to this thread though, about the author of this book.
Her before and after picture's aren't real...?
You can see the nose definately have been tampered with (the cartillage, not muscles), a nosejob can help a lot with the face.
How do we know she haven't had fillers or implants too?

I hate to be the buzz kill, but 2 of my close friends are working in the science department of anti-aging and you have t be skeptical if you don't want to ruin your face and waste money while doing it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Perfectionist wrote:
Bethany, I'm sorry, I'll post my other questions about facial exercises in general in the other post.

I do have a question relative to this thread though, about the author of this book.
You can see the nose definately have been tampered with (the cartillage, not muscles), a nosejob can help a lot with the face.

I hate to be the buzz kill, but 2 of my close friends are working in the science department of anti-aging and you have t be skeptical if you don't want to ruin your face and waste money while doing it.

You know, nothing in life is certain. And we all know that the internet brings a new dimension to being who you really want to be, lol. But LouLou has been around various forums for a very long time, sharing the benefits of facial exercise. Plus if you go to the FlexEffect.com site, you will see a TON of before and afters, and that is just too many people to have all had plastic surgery.

I have personally had 2 nose jobs (including rebuilding my septum and bridge with ear cartiledge 18 months ago), fillers and Botox for years, and they certainly didn't do anything of that magnitude for me! And I have seen genuine results on myself and people that I very much trust. But I definitely understand your skepticism....if a couple of people on EDS had not shared their personal pics with me privately, I probably wouldn't have jumped either. But I am now a hard core beliver, own 2 different programs, and have a 3rd is on the way!

So for only $10, I would definitely give it a shot if you are even remotely considering it...if you give it 3 months, I would bet that you would agree it is worth every penny.

Based on what I have seen in 3 months, here is how I calculated the ROI in my particular instance:

bethany wrote:
I am just floored at the changes I have seen in my marionnette lines in 2 months.

You have saved me $1300 in filler in 2009. That is a payback of my $10 investment 129 times over just in 2009! Shock Shock Shock And in this ecomomy, my wallet is thanking you VERY VERY much!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Perfectionist wrote:

You know, nothing in life is certain. And we all know that the internet brings a new dimension to being who you really want to be, lol. But LouLou has been around various forums for a very long time, sharing the benefits of facial exercise. Plus if you go to the FlexEffect.com site, you will see a TON of before and afters, and that is just too many people to have all had plastic surgery.

To add to that, I have had 2 nose jobs (including rebuilding my septum and bridge with ear cartiledge 18 months ago), fillers and Botox for years, and they certainly didn't do anything of that magnitude for me! And I have seen genuine results on myself and people that I very much trust. Are you familiar with Dr. Obagi...the creator of Obagi Nu Derm and ZO Skin Health? Even he does facial exercises!

So for only $10, I would definitely give it a shot if you are even remotely considering it...if you give it 3 months, I would bet that you would agree it is worth every penny.

Based on what I have seen in 3 months, here is how I calculated the 1 year ROI in my particular instance:

bethany wrote:
I am just floored at the changes I have seen in my marionnette lines in 2 months.

You have saved me $1300 in filler in 2009. That is a payback of my $10 investment 129 times over just in 2009! Shock Shock Shock And in this ecomomy, my wallet is thanking you VERY VERY much!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Goodness me. My head will be swelling when really it's LouLou's that should! Thanks for the kind comments and I hope that this gives everyone a "boost" in terms of results that can be achieved in a fairly short time.

Antonia, my head is swelling! I agree with everyone, you look so lovely, before and after, and I'm really proud you've made yourself even more gorgeous doing Ageless. If I'd looked like you before I would not have bothered to put in the work and would have just been happy to look as hot as you did! Laughing

I can't believe your age... I can't believe your age in the before pics either. Thank you so much for posting (((((hugs)) (and applause!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
zephyr wrote:
LouLou, I don't think I can adequately convey to you how grateful I am to you for your facial exercises and your book, and all the time you spend helping us here on this forum. I will be 50 in a few short weeks, and I can't tell you (or maybe you know from experience!) what a boost the initial positive results of your exercises have given me. I can't wait for more! Thank you so, so much.

Now this kind of endorsement needs to go on the back of LL's next book!!

LL, I have to agree...I am just floored at the changes I have seen in my marionnette lines in 2 months.

Bethany, I owe you every penny of that $1300 for your fantastic support on this thread, encouraging everyone and explaining stuff while I've been laid out and posting your tremendous n/ls! Laughing

Thank you so much

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
LouLou, I don't think I can adequately convey to you how grateful I am to you for your facial exercises and your book, and all the time you spend helping us here on this forum. I will be 50 in a few short weeks, and I can't tell you (or maybe you know from experience!) what a boost the initial positive results of your exercises have given me. I can't wait for more! Thank you so, so much.

Zephyr, thank you for this lovely post... I'm so glad you're seeing results (hope you still are). You put the work in and deserve all the reward you get! ((((hugs))) LL x

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Bren, I wasn't around to thank you for posting your pics, but it's so great that you did! I'd normally say people were brave to put their pics up, but you look such a doll, as do Antonia and Beth, it doesn't seem appropriate! Anyway, respect and thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Perfectionist wrote:

Hi Perfectionist Very Happy

I understand entirely why you're sceptical, but for what it's worth, I can assure you that my nose is exactly the same in all the pics of me... it was very umm irregular (still is!) which might be why it looks different from different angles, but the nose surgery I had a few weeks back was my first. If you follow the link to my book on my signature you can see my nose at a similar angle, and it has all the same characteristics.

On my websitewww.LouiseAnnette.co.uk you can read the first chapter of my book where I address some of the issues about wrinkling and facial ageing and see what you think Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Antonia...YOWEE GIRL...you are HOT HOT HOT!
I'm impressed (and a little jealous) as hell!
Thanks for putting a face with the name--and a gorgeous one at that!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
While on the topic of noses, I want to make it clear that I have had a nose job. I posted those pics (or rather Bren did) to illustrate one point only - the elevation of the facial planes within a 5 - 6 week period directly due to performing facial exercise. My nose was very pinched at the end and made me look kind of mean. This does not mean I have nipped out and had cheek implants Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Shucks, Kassy, you are too kind.
It's interesting about the skin. I've not noticed it looking much different, although it seems better toned. The "before" shot was taken in Hawaii and it may just be the greasy old sunscreen that made my skin look, well, greasy Laughing

Here's to being 'greasy in Hawaii" Cool !!!! You look lovely Antonia - in both pictures.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Just came in from shoveling snow - wish I were greasy in Hawaii right now ! Laughing Antonia, your Ageless results are brilliant! Amazing cheek-lifting, I think. And I also see a lot of brow-lifting. Don't see the eye-narrowing you mentioned in another post, but camera angle might have something to do with that, too. Since we all know what's happening and how, we can point out specifics. But I also see something - subtle and hard to describe - that a face-lift couldn't provide; a liveliness and suppleness in your face - no tight, taut look. That's got to be the result of working the muscles underneath. Though I've never considered surgery for myself, I've seen a lot of "lifts" and none of those faces ever come out so alive and natural, YFBB - your-face-but-better. Frankly, if I looked like your "before" picture, I'd be satisfied with my facial appearance. You are even more stunning now, Antonia!

LouLou, yes, I'm seeing more results! Now a tiny sculpting-out under my cheeks. I'm crediting the "crushing" exercise for that. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Just came in from shoveling snow - wish I were greasy in Hawaii right now ! Laughing Antonia, your Ageless results are brilliant! Amazing cheek-lifting, I think. And I also see a lot of brow-lifting. Don't see the eye-narrowing you mentioned in another post, but camera angle might have something to do with that, too. Since we all know what's happening and how, we can point out specifics. But I also see something - subtle and hard to describe - that a face-lift couldn't provide; a liveliness and suppleness in your face - no tight, taut look. That's got to be the result of working the muscles underneath. Though I've never considered surgery for myself, I've seen a lot of "lifts" and none of those faces ever come out so alive and natural, YFBB - your-face-but-better. Frankly, if I looked like your "before" picture, I'd be satisfied with my facial appearance. You are even more stunning now, Antonia!

LouLou, yes, I'm seeing more results! Now a tiny sculpting-out under my cheeks. I'm crediting the "crushing" exercise for that. Very Happy

Thanks, Zeph... One thing that I'm finding interesting is how much other people notice, that I don't or haven't up until now. The upper part of the orbicularis has definitely pulled up. I'm convinced that the lower part is being pushed up. The smaller eyes were looking more relaxed this morning and the contacts slipped in easily (no idea why).

I find the crushing fruit exercise the hardest and therefore the most effective. I'm currently working on reducing the length of the philtrum and will post pics of that if I see a difference. The philtrum gets longer with age and my family has very long philtra to begin with. One thing I am noticing is that my upper lip seems fuller and curling upward slightly, likely due to the roaring exercise. This alone makes the philtrum appear shorter (or is it that the shorter philtrum pulls up the lip?)

More definition in the ridges of the philtrum is also a sign of youth - think Kate in "Lost." I'm just doing an article on this whole philtrum thing for a medi-spa client blog and I'll post the reference as soon as done. I have noticed that Kate and other youthful types also have a distinct "padding" where the ridges of the philtrum join the base of the nose. Each ridge seems to puff and fan outwards. Older people don't have this architecture. Here's the URL for a pic of "Kate" http://www.evangeline-lilly.biz/images/big/evangeline-lilly-10.jpg

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi every one!
I just downloaded an" Ageless if you dare" . Do I still need to buy Flexx Effect? since it has a massage tecnique and othe stuff?

otherloulou wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Great thread, thank you!

Could you please tell me, (if you know), how many pages the 'download' version is? I'm thinking printing it out would be more convenient..

Thanks!

Hi Kassy Smile

The download and the book are both 111 pages (I've just added specific info about handling the skin rather than just suggesting people do it!) The book is probably easier to deal with... it's a bit more expensive because obviously it costs more to produce, but not much.

mpstat, thank you again

((((hugs) Loulou

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
just figure out how to use it. Smile Hi everyone!
Just downloaded "Ageless if you dare"...Can anyone tell me if I need to buy Flexx Effect if I have "Ageless if you dare"?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
cosmetolog35 wrote:
just figure out how to use it. Smile Hi everyone!
Just downloaded "Ageless if you dare"...Can anyone tell me if I need to buy Flexx Effect if I have "Ageless if you dare"?

No, "Ageless" is a complete program. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Antonia, your upper lip is another thing that I noticed and forgot to point out. I'd kill to have it! It's all just pulled up and out and definitely more noticeable. Beautiful! I'll have to put more effort in my "roar" exercise and maybe I can improve my upper lip. Though, I won't expect that much for myself. Even as a child I had a thin upper lip and fuller lower lip. If any of that cute padding existed it went unnoticed by me and probably disappeared by my twenties... I do still have a "cupid's bow" above - that's the philtrum, right? - and long philtra run in my family, too.

We'd love to see your article when it's done!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, getting too technical. The "philtrum" is the area of skin between the upper lip and the lower edge of the nose. Babies have very short philtra and older people have long ones. Penelope Cruz has the shortest philtrum I've ever seen. Joni Mitchell has a long one. Google them and you'll see right away what I mean.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |