Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DERMAJUV OR LIFECELL?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Abby30
5% products discount

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
A person cannot seem to get a honest answer or review when searching for that perfect anti wrinkle treatment!! Has anybody tried these two? I hear Dermajuv Complete system blows Lifecell out of the water, but I have not tried it yet.....I swore on Lifecell, but after 3 months use it seems to be a glorified moisturizer. I have not noticed any dramatic changes. Any input is greatly appreciated!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have not heard of either of those products, but if you are looking for general anti-aging, I think your best bet is a topical C in the morning followed by sunscreen every single day, and Retin A at night. These so far as the best anti-agers we have right now!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yep I have to agree with Riley....that's the only topical protocol that most science points to as being effective in treating and preventing photoaging of the skin.

Some people have had success with the various LED devices discussed here on the forum, and the Dermaroller, and supplements like MSM, vitamin C, silica......

The quest goes on constantly for the latest Holy Grail product, but if you start with the basics (Retin-A, vit C topical, broad-spectrum high-potency sunscreen) and go from there, you'll be on the right track and not chasing aimlessly. Hope this helps.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both so much Very Happy
joan01

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both the creams. First I ordered Dermajuv since it has good publicity and a slick website. They have a 3 cream system. Well, first off I'm not disciplined to use 3 creams everyday. It's one big pain in the butt.

However, I still kept with the program for I am desperate to get results and look young. Well, what a disappointment. This cream did nothing. i might as well have put water on my face and gotten better results.

Then I ordered LifeCell. They have a cheesy website. I'm not sure what their website designer is thinking. Anyway, I got the product. I didn't notice results for a few days. Although it felt good on the skin. My skin felt solf.

On the 25th day. I started getting an "aha" moment. This cream really works but you've got to give it a few short weeks.

Dermajuv seems to be the big scam of 2009
Samantha.H

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I've actually used both. The dermajuv 3 step whatever was a waste of money, it did more damage then good. I had to go see my dermatologist from the burns I got from it. Life cell on the other hand is gentle to people with sensitive skin. It got rid of my laughing lines and crows feet which now makes me look 10 years younger Very Happy

Ive only used life cell for about 2 months and i think im gunna stick with it a while longer. I highly recommend trying Life cell out.
sabrigl

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone else sick of joining a skin care forum in hopes of actually getting some real help, and then reading "new members" put out fake testimonials? Lets vent on this one, cuz I'm totally fed up with the lack of real reviews.
celeste-lynne

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I have tried both Dermajuv and LifeCell - both are excellent products. However, they each serve a different purpose.

Dermajuv contains the key ingredient Matrixyl which works in a similar fashion to retinol, but it's much gentler on the skin. Many who have had issues with retinol products find that Matrixyl works much better. Still, if you have sensitive skin it may be to much to handle. My skin does fine with it.

LifeCell is a single cream that is a super moisturizer but is not at all greasy. Although I'm not sure it's suitable for really oily skin types (my skin is more combination so I go easy on the forehead especially). What I like best about it is the instant improvments you see when using it. My skin really looks better when the cream is on my skin than it does without it. That's because of the skin plumping it does - small lines and wrinkles can disappear (at least temporarily) when they get plumped up. It's great around the mouth area and eyes.

Both are great products, but if I had to choose only one, my favorite is LifeCell.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I only used lifecella, a Japanese brand, and it's famous for masks...

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
i purchased dermajuv complete system.
on the third day when you apply the age defying serum, my face felt very irritated and the next day it was so dry and dehydrated and my eyes were stinging and runny despite not having got any cream in my eyes. i continued use and on the fifth day when i applied the instant lifting serum, my face was so red, dry and scaly and my eyes all red and puffy.
i contacted their support centre and was advised to cut application to once daily only.
after two more days i spoke to a representative on livechat and she implied that the redness and dryness was normal and to continue with twice Sad daily applications but to also use a good moisturiser along with the routine.
i did this for two more days and my skin became so patchy, dry and looked dehydrated and my fine lines accentuated further. the skin on the sides of my nose was so raw and cracked that i had to apply vaseline several times a day.
i emailed customer support five times and had no reply. to return a product you have to download a form and include this with your returns also there is a $7 CHARGE FOR EACH ITEM RETURNED FOR RESTOCKING.
THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT (or lack of it) leaves a lot to be desired.
I would like to state also that i do not have sensitive skin, or at least i did not until i applied dermajuv.
my advice is STAY AWAY FROM THESE HAZARDOUS PRODUCTS AND POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS THAT IS DERMAJUV.
incidently i had to go to the doctor and get a prescription for the eye infection i got using these products.
tanya27

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased the dermajuv complete system and it should be here early next week.Im in Canada.
I was so hoping to find some great reviews from customers who tried it but so far none on here. so I'm just gonna wait to review these products myself.
I will post back when it arrives.and my results on the overall product! Wink

Thanks
-tanya
tanya27

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes me too.Sometimes it hard to beleive who is telling the truth aghh..so frustrating when it comes to finding "real" reviews on a product.Well its too late for me,I purchased the product then searched for good reviews on it after lol.Im gonna leave an honest review when my product comes in k Smile
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi there - just a comment maybe is only on my mind still:
All the people that tried the products are new here.......
tanya27

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I got my products.Im not impressed by there international shipping policies at all.The site states that they ship express shipping and costs $24.00.There is no other shipping method.They said that is the BEST and ONLY shipping method because it will be at your door in 7 days and comes with a tracking number.So I paid with my credit card the $24.(Im in Canada)Well I didnt get it till almost 2 weeks..and when I asked them for the tracking number they gave me a number and all it stated on the usps site that it was shipped first class mail international on Jan 29th.Which there is no tracking number with first class mail.Also, to my knowlede that is the cheapest shipping method.In my opinion I feel like I was ripped off that way.
I tried the products.Im not amazed at all.I find the creams dont do anything so far.They feel and smell like a cheap body lotion.I feel like there is a film on my face afterwards.OK,well I'll give it some time,since I paid $173.00 in total.I Just wouldn't recommend buying from them at all,since they lie about the shipping method makes me wonder about the products. Sad
So far I feel like I wasted my money.
tanya27

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to double post.I just wanted to let everybody know that dermajuv did resolve the shipping issue.The manager of online customer support had sent me an email to follow up to see if I received the products and she also recognized the shipping mistake.I was refunded the $24.
I thought that was a good business practise on their part.
So far I have been using all the creams.My skin seams to like the age defying serum and the lift effect serum the best.In the morning my skin seems firmer.I dont get any irratation at all.Im gonna give it more time to see better results.

I tried some of the lift effect serum on one side of my moms face last night.We waited a few minutes then compared sides.The side where I applyed the serum all over seemed to look more smoothed.Also, the deep wrinkles under her eyes wern't so pronounced as much.
So Im confident with continued use,that these products will work.
Im turning 31 and am starting to notice alot of fine lines under my eyes.I have combination skin.I tend to like more heavier creams that are more moisturising(especially when applying your foundation)but the dermajuv products are not.So If thats what you need its better to just apply your favorite moisturizer over it like I do.
Well sorry for the long post.I hope my review helps.
thanks
lauracatharine

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I also tried Dermajuv - received my product a week ago. On day three I woke up with swollen eyes and itchy skin, I tried the product one more time and woke up the next day with eyes so swollen i could hardly see. I stopped using the product and for the next three days my eyes were swollen, they are better now but my skin is very dry, itchy and sensitive to sun. I won't be using any more of this product. I paid $200 for it and it is going in the garbage.
tanya27

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
well I've been using the products now for almost a month.I dont notice any difference in my skin at all.
So ya.. to me it was a waste of money.So dont waste your money.Im sure drugstore brands would of been a better buy and for almost 200 bucks,I could of bought alot of better products.
Sunshine501

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't agree more, and the light bulb didn't come on until AFTER I was pulled into the scam with my credit card in-hand. Got aggitated by my ignorance after about a week of using lifecell and seeing no changes whatsoever. Tomorrow, it will be 3 weeks, and I'm retracting every nasty word I said about this company. Don't expect miracles, but DO expect results. It does work.
Doesn't excuse the abuse of these so called "independent" sites. Buyers beware. Lifecell antics aren't stellar, so you may hate the company, but damn, the product works.
raskal

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on day 2 of the Dermajuv 3 step system and I'm not sure about this commitment. The first day went okay, and I thought something was happening when my skin was tingling. Today (the end of day 2) my skin feels smooth but and soft but I'm noticing it also seems dry. Will I negate the effects of this system if I use (my personal favorite) Neuvage IDB moisturizer? Thanks
StellaLuna

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a 40 years old and am (was) fed up of purchasing countless amounts of various creams. I tried everything from the inexpensive creams to "brand" names. All of them pissed me off !! I honestly contemplated botox or some other more drastic fillers. I decided to scan the Internet and see if anyone out there had any recommendations...my last resort, so to speak, before heading to Dr.whatshisname. I too was extremely skeptical of many, many sites that promoted this or that. However, Dermajuv and LifeCell seemed to be the more common ones. I went onto the LifeCell site....holy sh*t...I had no idea what to think. I thought...this has to be a scam. No honest company with a so called "excellent product" would even concede in having such a crappy site. Hell, I had no idea what to think. However, the idea of using Dermajuv with their 3 creams did not entice me. I can barely remember to remove my mascara at night. I am not knocking Dermajuv, I never tried it. LifecCell just seemed more user friendly. Okay, so I live in Montreal, Canada and received my LifeCell this afternoon. Ladies, let me tell you something. I freaken love this ! I am sitting here at my desk with my glass of water beside me and I am so happy. My skin feels so incredibly soft. My skin tone is even. My skin feels tight but not dry. My lips are not plumped, but I don't care for that. But the most amazing thing is the lines on my forehead seem to have almost vanished. I almost feel like trying this on other parts on my body !! I waited almost 10 days in order to get it but hell, it was well worth it. I highly recommend LifeCell to you ladies.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Wierd. Almost every poster in this thread has only 1 post to their credit...???

I think this thread has ensured I'll never touch EITHER of these products Rolling Eyes
StellaLuna

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Karenlee,
I am in fact new to this site. Is that a crime ? So what if I only have 1 post to this site, I have to begin somewhere. I thought that it would be nice of me to relate my experience with a product that I recently found interesting and that worked for me. Isn't this what this site is for ? Geeze, you sound so skeptical and bitter !! So don't try any of those products...do you think that makes a difference in my life ? I am always eager to try new things that will make my skin look younger without having to resort to plastic surgery. Furtheremore, a couple of days ago I even asked Toby information on a product that was on a thread 2 years ago...(since I am new here, I am catching up). I don't mean to sound nasty, but you really have to give people a chance, newbies have to start somewhere. Were you not new to this site once upon a time Karenlee? BTW, thanks for the welcome !!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Stella,

Companies DO send fake posters to forums just like this one to post raves for their products; being skeptical when you see a thread full of new posters raving about a product is wise.

My dear, if you read my post, you will see that I never picked you out, or mentioned you at all. I simply made a general comment about the thread - so you may want to dial it down a bit and try to keep it in check.
StellaLuna

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I wasn't born yesterday. Good luck with your wrinkles !!
StellaLuna

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well here we are a few weeks later and not that long ago I was speaking praises on Lifecell. Well my excitement was short lived...KarenLee was right ! This product is not all it seems. The cream has a texture and a color in it that seems to remove the light (?) from a wrinkle, hence, making seem less visible to the naked eye, but it does not do anything else to it. The skin does seem softer but I realised afterwards that its has the effect of filling up all the holes and indentations in your face, more like a putty. It has done no long time benefits for me. Matter of a fact, it has dried out my face !! Should you apply this under make, and you'll soon realise that your make up wil begin to flake off and it is disgusting. KarenLee, my apologies !! I am returning the product back and now have a basic moisturiser and am strongly considering botox........
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |