Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SUEWITH2

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, If anyone is thinking about trying Obagi, please read my review. I was in an accident about eight years ago, which left a scar on my face. I had the deepest CO2 laser treatment available at that time to even out my entire face skin texture. It worked however I did not maintain my new skin and got horrible hyperpigmentation over the last few years. Even with mineral makeup my skin looked dirty, spotted, and just older(I am 35). My trouble spots were my cheeks,entire mouth area, and forehead. I finally tried Obagi(Condition and Enhance System) and I am amazed. I am on my third week and my skin is about 75% brighter than before. The first week and half were horrible. My entire face peeled and was bright red. The first to go was my lip and mouth area(about two layers each day), then cheeks and eye area, then finally jaw line. At present day my mouth area still peels a little however my entire face has taken on a whole new appearance. My skin is bright, glowing, and I think I look younger(that's most important!). Like most people I did not think it would work. So far, it has worked and I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. My crows feet are almost non existent too. :)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sue,

Welcome to EDS, and thanks for sharing your AWESOME results!! Very Happy

For anyone who is not familiar with Obagi Condition & Enhance, here is an overview:

Quote:
The Everyday Procedure Between Your Procedures.

Whether you freeze your forehead, fill your laugh lines, or pursue any other nonsurgical or surgical facial procedure to address fine lines and signs of aging, it’s time to bring the results to the rest of your face. The Condition & Enhance System is the single skincare system that’s clinically proven to lighten, tighten, firm and turn your skin cells over on a daily basis, therefore complementing your procedure and making your overall aesthetic appearance even better.
http://conditionandenhance.com/

Quote:

Unlike over-the-counter retail products, this system is clinically proven to address age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation (discoloration), erythema (redness) and future skin damage, while transforming the quality of your skin on a daily basis.

Two Ways to Condition & Enhance Your Skin
The Condition & Enhance System is available in two distinct kits. One is designed for use with nonsurgical procedures, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or fillers, and the other is designed for use with surgical procedures, such as laser resurfacing or a facelift. Talk with your skincare professional about which system is right for you based on the procedure or procedures you have had or are having.
http://conditionandenhance.com/?q=node/11

Here is the protocol - it looks very similar to Obagi Nu Derm.

http://conditionandenhance.com/?q=node/15

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
SUEWITH2 wrote:
Hi, If anyone is thinking about trying Obagi, please read my review. I was in an accident about eight years ago, which left a scar on my face. I had the deepest CO2 laser treatment available at that time to even out my entire face skin texture. It worked however I did not maintain my new skin and got horrible hyperpigmentation over the last few years. Even with mineral makeup my skin looked dirty, spotted, and just older(I am 35). My trouble spots were my cheeks,entire mouth area, and forehead. I finally tried Obagi(Condition and Enhance System) and I am amazed. I am on my third week and my skin is about 75% brighter than before. The first week and half were horrible. My entire face peeled and was bright red. The first to go was my lip and mouth area(about two layers each day), then cheeks and eye area, then finally jaw line. At present day my mouth area still peels a little however my entire face has taken on a whole new appearance. My skin is bright, glowing, and I think I look younger(that's most important!). Like most people I did not think it would work. So far, it has worked and I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. My crows feet are almost non existent too. Smile

That is great, Suewith2. Congratulations! Don't you love it when a product does exactly what is says it will?! Just remember to keep using it, even though your skin is looking good, and remember to continue on maintenance to keep your skin good and prevent any new hyperpigmentation.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
What exactly is the difference between Condition & Enhance and NuDerm?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
There isn't any difference, other than the different sunscreens used instead of the sunfader in the original Nu Derm kit. For nonsurgical procedures they are using the oily kit, and for surgical procedures they are using the dry kit. They have substituted the Healthy Skin s/s or the Physical block in place of the Sunfader.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
What exactly is the difference between Condition & Enhance and NuDerm?

rileygirl wrote:
There isn't any difference, other than the different sunscreens used instead of the sunfader in the original Nu Derm kit. For nonsurgical procedures they are using the oily kit, and for surgical procedures they are using the dry kit. They have substituted the Healthy Skin s/s or the Physical block in place of the Sunfader.

Vent Alert: I really hate it when they take the same darn product, switch something out, and then change the name to make you think that it is something totally new. Rolling Eyes

Here is the official Obagi breakdown on each of the product lines:

Quote:
Obagi Nu-Derm System accelerates cellular turnover for skin with moderate to severe sun damage.

Obagi Condition & Enhance System is the essential component to improving the overall results of your facial rejuvenation procedure.

Obagi-C Rx System is for brighter, Photolumines skin with mild to moderate sun damage.

Obagi Blue Peel System is a peel performed in your physician's office, used in conjunction with the Obagi Nu-Derm System.

Professional-C Serums are potent vitamin C serums for maximum daily antioxidant protection.

Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. is a three-step acne therapeutic system including a liquefied form of benzol peroxide that is clinically proven to penetrate deeply and clear acne fast.

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Treatment works to reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles and bring back the SNAP.

Obagi ELASTIderm Décolletage one of a kind therapy that really works to restore healthy, young-looking skin on your delicate chest and neck

http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/forpatients.html

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Dermesse skin care? It is a competitive product to Obagi and is less expensive, around 25%. Several of my friends switched to Dermesse and are very pleased with the results. They also say the Dermesse regimens are not as aggressive.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi Condition & Enhance looks same as Nuderm, what is the difference?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Obagi Condition & Enhance looks same as Nuderm, what is the difference?

Read my post above!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I did read and also searched the site, because I am in the midst of considering re-order Obagi. but the packing of the 2 are different and Condition & Enhancer is more expensive. I wonder if the ingredient is different?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
critic go with the cheaper of the two - there is no difference that I can see.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Lissavitc wrote:
Has anyone tried Dermesse skin care? It is a competitive product to Obagi and is less expensive, around 25%. Several of my friends switched to Dermesse and are very pleased with the results. They also say the Dermesse regimens are not as aggressive.

It doesn't look like you can buy Dermesse anywhere but in a Dr.s office, Rileygirl do you know anything about this product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Lissavitc wrote:

It doesn't look like you can buy Dermesse anywhere but in a Dr.s office, Rileygirl do you know anything about this product?

No, I don't know anything about the Dermesse, other than it looks like a Nu Derm knock-off with the same type of products to be used! I'll dig around and see if I can find anything out.

Critic, I agree with Alley. Go for the less expensive, as they are the same thing!
SUEWITH2

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
SUEWITH2 wrote:
Hi, If anyone is thinking about trying Obagi, please read my review. I was in an accident about eight years ago, which left a scar on my face. I had the deepest CO2 laser treatment available at that time to even out my entire face skin texture. It worked however I did not maintain my new skin and got horrible hyperpigmentation over the last few years. Even with mineral makeup my skin looked dirty, spotted, and just older(I am 35). My trouble spots were my cheeks,entire mouth area, and forehead. I finally tried Obagi(Condition and Enhance System) and I am amazed. I am on my third week and my skin is about 75% brighter than before. The first week and half were horrible. My entire face peeled and was bright red. The first to go was my lip and mouth area(about two layers each day), then cheeks and eye area, then finally jaw line. At present day my mouth area still peels a little however my entire face has taken on a whole new appearance. My skin is bright, glowing, and I think I look younger(that's most important!). Like most people I did not think it would work. So far, it has worked and I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. My crows feet are almost non existent too. :)

I noticed a few hundred people read my original post, so I thought I would reply with an update. I am on my ninth week using Obagi (Condition and Enhance). At week six and seven I began having lots of redness and excessive peeling around the corners of my nose and mouth. I was using the complete system every day and night, ie. AM- cleanser, toner, clear, exfoderm, and sun block. PM- cleanser, toner, clear, blender w/tretinoin. Anyways, I think I was using to much that my skin really had no time to calm down in between applications . So I began reducing the exfoderm to three times a week and blender and tretinion to two times a week. Needless to say this has helped a great deal. No more redness and crazy peeling around my nose and mouth, and my skin color is evening out nicely. I still have residual hyperpigmentation on my cheek bones and around my chin area. In addition, I have a job that sometimes requires me to be in the sun (unavoidable). I noticed that no amount of Obagi sun block (or standing in the shade) keeps my skin safe from slowly darkening up again (my fault, of course). For the most part I am happy and excited to continue the regimen of products. I hope to see more fading of spots in the weeks to come. I also plan to have a Blue Peel treatment at week 16 for better results. :D
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
SUEWITH2 wrote:
Hi, If anyone is thinking about trying Obagi, please read my review. I was in an accident about eight years ago, which left a scar on my face. I had the deepest CO2 laser treatment available at that time to even out my entire face skin texture. It worked however I did not maintain my new skin and got horrible hyperpigmentation over the last few years. Even with mineral makeup my skin looked dirty, spotted, and just older(I am 35). My trouble spots were my cheeks,entire mouth area, and forehead. I finally tried Obagi(Condition and Enhance System) and I am amazed. I am on my third week and my skin is about 75% brighter than before. The first week and half were horrible. My entire face peeled and was bright red. The first to go was my lip and mouth area(about two layers each day), then cheeks and eye area, then finally jaw line. At present day my mouth area still peels a little however my entire face has taken on a whole new appearance. My skin is bright, glowing, and I think I look younger(that's most important!). Like most people I did not think it would work. So far, it has worked and I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. My crows feet are almost non existent too. Smile

First of all, congratulations!
Your experience impressed me--i'm concerning about if buy one kit as a gift to my mother. I never trusted any product that was so amazing!
But the only problem is that, i do not know if these obagi products would do harm to deeper skin, which would turn terribly in the next few years--since the function is so fantastic.
Anyway, your experience is really helping me to make a decision. Thanks again!
Lillady T

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Im new to the Obagi experience and Im wondering once everything is done...Will I be able to maintain my skin with normal products or would I have to stick with the Obagi maintenance program. The idea of having to use the trentonin and clear year round kinda scares me a bit...Please advise
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Usually you have to stay on a maintenance program. That could be using Clear 2-3 times a week, and Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 times a week.
PattiK

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Lissavitc wrote:

Hi Lissavitc,

I am brand spanking new to this forum and was doing some research on Obagi. I have used Dermesse and LOVE THE PRODUCT. I was out of the skin lighter and received as a gift Obagi Clear. It sounds from the reviews that both products do a great job. The only complaint I got on Dermesse was from my Mom, who didn't like the fact that my freckles were gone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations! I am also a Obagi fans. I could not love it more. My skin is toner and the pore looks smaller. I was not suffering any peeling. The pigmentation generated by fraxel treatment desppears... I am now just looking for something which can improve more the apprearance of acne scar.
Lanie
5% products discount

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Congrats! Thanks for the good review. I have used Obagi in the past with excellent results as well. I just wish they'd stop raising their prices! Sad
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the price of Obagi Nu-derm Starter has increased from 220 GBP last year to 260 GBP now.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Why don't you order from here?

I just got my package from EDS this morning, I will start my Obagi + some ZO.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I used to use obagi and never changed from the original program. My skin became very dry. I want to try again. Does it matter if I use retin a micro gel? What is the maintenance program and I'm going to a wedding in May. Can I stop or slow down so I'm not so flaky? Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Janie, the Retin A Micro usually is not recommended with the Nu Derm, as it is a gel and you have to mix that with the Blender. (ETA: The Blender is meant to be used with a cream.) I believe there have been some people on here who have used the RA Micro and they didn't have any problems, though. Are you under the care of a derm? I would definitely follow their advice on that.

Maintenance is usually staying on the Clear 3 days a week, Exfoderm 2-3 days per week, and RA/Blender anywhere from 2-5 nights per week. It will be a trial and error to figure out the least amount you can use to maintain your results. But, again, if you are under the care of a derm, you will follow their advice.

You can stop 2 weeks prior to your event (or cut way down if you aren't having major issues), and then pick back up once the event is over. Just keep in mind, that will add time to your treatment.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Why don't you order from here?

I just got my package from EDS this morning, I will start my Obagi + some ZO.
The UK custom charges 15% VAT + heavy import duties. They also caculate the shipping expense into the bill. I was charged 40pound as import duty and VAT once when I bought a small thing which costs 100 dollor only from US.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |