Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
debo
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
debo

I'm a little concern when you refer to blisters? I would think about easing back on the usage for a few days to see how you skin goes. I think, as you have seen good results from the products already, taking a break would be a good idea
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. I'm very pleased with the results. I had surgery yesterday and the nurse that was there when I woke up commented on my skin. That was the last thing on my mind, but it was a nice compliment just the same. I don't think my skin likes that I wear sunscreen only when I'm at the pool. It always seems to be the worst at the beginning of the week.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Debo sorry for the delayed response, I agree with fongflyer5, maybe you should have a break from the products or think about reducing the usage of them and moving on to maintenance, you have been using the programme for 5-6 months since Feb, the protocol is on average 18-24 wks, which sounds like you've completed your full programme already.

You may have read about the maintenance earlier on in the thread, it seems to be a very individual thing where you can maintain the results with the minimum use of the products.
debo
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
Hi Debo sorry for the delayed response, I agree with fongflyer5, maybe you should have a break from the products or think about reducing the usage of them and moving on to maintenance, you have been using the programme for 5-6 months since Feb, the protocol is on average 18-24 wks, which sounds like you've completed your full programme already.

You may have read about the maintenance earlier on in the thread, it seems to be a very individual thing where you can maintain the results with the minimum use of the products.
Thanks! I'll go back through the threads and figure out how to do maintenance.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
debo

Maintenance is just basically using the products to maintain the great results you have achieved. They tend to recommend using clear, blender with the retin A, 3 to 4 times per week. You will find you may need more or less, it's just a matter of trial and error to get the results. I don't use either the obagi cleanser or toner any more. I do use the clear about twice a week and the blender/ retin A 3 X week. I replaced the obagi AHA with Dermalogica renewal booster, because it suited my skin better. If I feel my skin starts to look a bit dull or uneven again then I increase the usage of clear. In all
honestly, experiment and see what suits you. Over the past few months I've started to decrease the number of times I use the products and I'm still maintaining the same results

On other days it's worthwhile to try other products.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi there i have been reading through all the posts as i have been intrested in obagi for a while but always been a bit worried about the down time you need as i work in a hospital and really cant have my face looking so bad .Is it that bad?Also i am using cps from skin biology at the moment ive only been on them about 2 weeks so cant review them yet.Obagi seems to do everything i want from a product.I have acne scars pitted ones which i dermaroll i also have freckles and sun spots i want gone but nothing has ever worked on them so far.I also use retin a i have used this for about 5 months but it has not done much to be honest.I use vitamin c in the morning also.I do a glycolic peel every 3 weeks and and exfoliate reguarly.I live in the uk so where is the best place to get the obagi and what products should i get ,is there somewhere that is cheaper as i cant afford loads .thank you in advance for yor help kind regards xx
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Marcia36:

I live in the UK too, the cheapest places I've found obagi, in order are:

EDS - beware, you could end up paying import tax, but with the savings of your members discount, free postage and gift if you spend over a certain amount, and the possibility of shopping in sale periods I find this really is the cheapest place to buy obagi even with theadditional taxes.
www.outlineskincare.co.uk
www.skinstation.co.uk - based in Jersey, the prices are cheap, however they don't include the 20% VAT till you checkout.

HTH
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
Ok ladies... I think it's time for me to stop the Obagi now - it feels like any beneficial effects have long since stopped & now I'm just damaging my skin... I've uploaded some photos - tell me if you agree?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65435761@N07/

I think I'll go to maintenance, just using Clear & Blender 3 x week on the hyper-pigmented bits only (tip of nose and cheeks) keep up with reduced strength tret (.025) and sunscreen daily, and not repurchase any Obagi when it runs out

I'd welcome any advice - looking at the photographic evidence I think I should've stopped some time ago - I was pale to start with, & am rather more so now, which is quite ageing...

You look amazing girl!!!!
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi thank you for your reply ,can you please also advise me on what products i should use i am totally confused.I have some pitted acne scarring ,freckles and sun spots .I am currently using retin a and cps ,also vitamin c in morning.I cannot afford the whole range so what would be the best basics to start with.kind regardsxx
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Marcia36

I think as you are already using retin A, the best product for you to use is the clear and the blender. Both contain 4% HQ which will help to fade pigmentation. The clear you can use in the morning and evening. The blender you can mix with the retin A at night. Use the vitamin c before the clear in the morning. And remember sunscreen is a must.

I've used obagi for nearly 2 years to help even out my skin tone and I'm really pleased with the results. I'm now on maintenance. Personally, I stopped using the cleanser and toner from the range very early on. I didn't think it really made that much of a difference. So you can save yourself some money from not buying those products.

I knew you had to pay VAT in the UK but I was shocked when angleofthenorth said 20%!!
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi thank you for your very quick reply.When you say the blender and clear have hq in them why do i need them both ?Do they work totally different.What about something for exfoliation ,i was reading about the forte would this be good.Sorry for all the questions i just want to be sure i get it right.Thank you again kind regards xx p.s yes the vat over here is awfull .
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Also i meant to add the retin a i use is from ebay i get it quite cheap as the obagi one is pretty expensive.Is there any difference .Mine is o.o5% and seems to do the same job.kind regards xx
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes the forte is good for exfoliation, turning over the dead skin cells. Both clear and blender have 4%HQ. The difference is the blender is mixed in with the retin A to help with deeper penetration of the HQ at night. The clear is usually used in the morning before the forte. When you initially start on the full nu derm protocol, ie, using all the products in the range, they have you using the clear both in the morning and night to help speed up the fading of pigmentation. But you also then use the blender/ retin A after the clear at night! I know that may sound a bit odd, doubling up. But when I first started I forgot to use the clear at night for the first 2 weeks, as soon I started to use it, it really made a big difference.

As for the retin A, dont worry about the brand. If you can get one from eBay cheaper, thats perfect! I never used the obagi one either, it's the active ingredient that's the most important thing.

Never worry about the number of questions, if I can help I'll try and answer as many as I can. That's what these forums are for, we all came here looking for advice, feedback and when we all wonder if the side effects of using these products are worth it! I really hope I've been able to give you some positive feedback on which products you should invest in when you don't want to spend that much $
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the detailed reply ,i now know what i need to buy .My retin a i use is o.o5% but i see the obagi one is 0.1% should i use this stronger one.I have never seen a stronger one than the 0.05% on ebay before and like i say the obagi one is too expensive.I also see some obagi on ebay but not sure if they are genuine or not.Did you get the results you wanted from the products.Thanks again xx
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did get the results I wanted. Remember not to have too high an expectation. Set yourself small goals so if you get better results you will be even happier. Look for gradual improvements, not miracles! I wanted to even out my skin tone and it did that. What it also did for me was it made the texture of my skin smoother, softer and the overall clarity brighter. It didn't reduce pore size as a lot of people expect. I didn't have any acne scars so I can't comment on that. It depends on how deep the acne scars are, if they are really deep, sometimes only treatments like resurfacing with laser or chemical peels which removes layers off your skin will only make the biggest improvement.

As for upgrading to 1% strength, you don't need it. The .5% is enough. I went up to 1% thinking it would be quicker and the results better! I was totally mistaken, it did more damage than good!
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you i am going to order my products today which will be the clear and the blender and also the exforderm forte although there is another exforderm not sure what the difference is .So hopefully with these 3 products plus the retin a ,and my cps, althouh not sure when to slot the cps in to be honest .Im sure i will work it out with some practice.I hope i get good results but i know not too expect too much i have had too many let downs in skincare to get too excited.Your help has been invaluable thank you .xx
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Marcia36: The exfoderm is for dry skin and the exfoderm forte is for oily skin.

The obagi tretinoin comes in 3 strengths, I have the 0.05%, I was wondering which seller on ebay you are getting your retin a from?
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i just type in retin a or retino thats the name of the tretinion cream, in to the ebay search and whoevers selling them comes up ,i only use ebay uk.The one i get is johnstone and johnstone ,there is always someone selling at least one on there.I think there is one on just now for £10.99 ,i saw it the other day .I usually pay between 5.99 and 14.99.kind regards xx
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi i just type in retin a or retino thats the name of the tretinion cream, in to the ebay search and whoevers selling them comes up ,i only use ebay uk.The one i get is johnstone and johnstone ,there is always someone selling at least one on there.I think there is one on just now for £10.99 ,i saw it the other day .I usually pay between 5.99 and 14.99.kind regards xx

Thanks for your reply, I ordered mine from alldaychemist.com (based in India) and got 10 tubes of the Johnsons & Johnsons 0.05% for £36.60 including shipping, I think I'll continue to order from there, it could work out a lot more expensive if I order through ebay.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Marcia36 I knew you had to pay VAT in the UK but I was shocked when angleofthenorth said 20%!!

It's totally outrageous!!!
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yes i have ordered there before ,i just order from ebay as im always running out of it so i get it quick,but it would be a good idea to order a few from allday .Kind regards xx
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
marica36

Good luck with your treatment. I did read somewhere and I did post it the CP is used after the retin A. However this for those not using the blender with the retin A. You may want to hold off using the CP for a while. You maybe over loading your skin with too many products and not allowing the obagi clear and blender/retin A to work effectively.

Otherwise, I think you are heading in the right direction. The HQ4% will really help with fading acne and sun spots, the exofoderm will turn over the dead skin, while the retin A will help to renew and correct the skin.

Angelofthenorth is right about the exofoderm strength, I chose the forte because my skin could tolerate it easily
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thanks for your reply again.I have spent a long time reading the obagi and the skin biology threads and to be honest just confused myself as to what is the best one for my skin at this time.I asked some questions on the sb thread also .I really want to be brave and do the obagi but im thinking with me at work in a hospital im worried its not practical to have my skin looking a bit of a mess for a while,Although maybe i wont get the problems as i already use the retin a or is it the blender mixed in that does most of the work causing the peeling etc.I Just dont know what to do i just feel the sb will not help the sun spots and freckles.I had decided earlier to buy the obagi then i read a lot of peoples journey through the whole 18 weeks and they had quite a tough time ,though most of them did say it was worth it.I wish i could take 18 weeks off work so i could do it but that would take a large lottery win for that to ever happen lol.kind regards xx
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Because you have been using retin A already, your skin has already adjusted to the side effects usually caused from the initial use of retin A. Perhaps you should slowly incorporate the use of the blender in to the retin A or the use the clear. You can gradually introduce the products slowly and if you feel you are getting too much of the negative side effects, stop for awhile. It simply means it will take longer to achieve the results but there isn't really a need to achieve results quickly ether.

If you are hesitate don't use the exofoderm products either. Simply use the HQ products to help fade and even out the skin. Start slowly
and work your way up. Remember you may not get
all the negative side effects! I didn't.

Everyone reacts differentl
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi thats what i think i will do start with the blender and retin a and like you say work my way up.The thing is ive always been a bit wary of the hq products because of the bad press they get but im sure obagi wouldnt use them if any of it was true .I will still use my cps maybe in the mornings and see how it goes.I have seen a few obagi products on ebay but not sure if they are fake or not so im still trying to source the best place to buy at a good price.I will let you know when my products arrive as im sure i will need some encouragment to get going.thank you for taking your time to answer my posts you have been most helpfull.kind regards xx
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Well yesterday i ordered the obagi system and just received it this morning ,very speedy delivery form skinstation in uk .I am sitting here with the box in front of me thinking have i done the right thing,mainly because i am worried about side effects as i work.So need some encouragment to get started and reminded how good this stuff is .I will still use my cps but still not sure where i will slot them in just want to get started with this first.kind regards xx
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |