Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
I wish it were the exfoderm. I have only been using it every other day for about 2 weeks. I think I should just go back to my original retin a.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Vanessa,
Did you purchase your current Retin A at the same place? I guess I didn't realize that there could be so much disparity between tubes of Retin A if they are the same strength.

I hope your face settles down soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Rileygirl,
I wish it were the exfoderm. I have only been using it every other day for about 2 weeks. I think I should just go back to my original retin a.

Definitely try to go back to your original RA then, and maybe think about cutting the Exfoderm down to only 1-2 days a week. Good luck!
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
You know I purchased the 2nd tube of retin A from the Costco pharmacy. I wonder if it is the problem. It says is was issued Dec 04. Is is dist by Clay Park Labs Inc. It says it is good until 10/10. My old one is from Triax Pharm and I got it from Walgreen's. I believe it was from 4/06 and expires 7/09.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Vanessa,
I too experienced occasional bouts of REDNESS which for me was related to the Retin A. My skin finally stopped having the redness flare-ups , very close to 18 weeks.
I suppose that my skin needed the 3 cycles to fully acclimate to RA.
I am now on maintenance (after 24 weeks of NuDerm) and no longer have redness issues.
Hang in there. it's work it[/quote]

Isa09, Did it take a while for your redness to stop after you started on the maintenance? What is your maintenance routine? All of you ladies are such a help and a huge encouragement!
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
the redness and occasional peeling finally subsided somewhere around 16-18 weeks. then, 17-18 weeks... beautifully clear skin. no foundation necessary!

for maintanence,
(PM) Blender/RA 3xweek
(AM) CLeanser/Clear 3xweek
(AM) Dermalogica Microfoliant alternate morns
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Isa09,
I keep reading so many posts about women who don't need to wear foundation after finishing the Nuderm program. I am so envious!! Even though my skin is improving (I'm at Week 13) I don't think it will ever look nice enough to go without foundation. My skin texture is still very rough -- mainly due to large pores and some acne scarring and I've still got these really annoying red dots////11 Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Good morning ladies. Well I went back to my original RA and what a difference! No more cherry face and raw patches. I even skipped and only used clear for a day and my skin looks better. I can see what the end results will be ( I hope Very Happy ). I wonder if I could take the new RA back since I only used a week of it?
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I also wanted to see if any of you ever had hard white heads that didn't pop? It feels and looks like a tiny white bead but is hard. Thanks for the information during this journey Laughing
dionnac1
5% products discount

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm new here although I've been watching the forums for a couple of months now. I'm 29, had hyperpigmentation on the sides of my face and my forehead and so decided to have a TCA peel 20% and after healing from that I started Obagi Nuderm. I'm a licensed esthetician (although not working in the field) and so have had lots of peels (glycolic, lactic, and salicylic over the years-although not in excess) and started Retin A as well about 2 months before my TCA peel. I hardly peeled from the TCA peel except around my chin and mouth. I healed within a few days and so started the Obagi about 2 weeks after the peel. My question is, I have been on Obagi coming up 4 weeks next Monday and all of my hyperpigmentation, even freckles that I've had since childhood, is completely gone so I'm wondering if I should still do the Nuderm for a full 18 weeks or just 6 or 12 and then start maintenance?

Dionna
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Vanessa,
Could the tiny white beads be milia? I have several of them under my eyes and I'm not sure how to get rid of them either. I know there are a few threads regarding milia on the forum. Did you get them while using Nuderm?

Glad your face has calmed down! You must've gotten some potent Retin A!!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I had real reservations about trying the Obagi line, mainly about the price. However, since I didn't want to have any surgery I decided to give it a go (the Nu-Derm system). I had the same reaction many others do (redness and peeling, especially around the nose and mouth), but having used it for a year, I can say...this is the best stuff I've ever used (and I'm 46)! My darkened areas have lightened dramatically, my pores are diminished, and while I still get the occasional zit, my breakouts have ended. It's terrific!
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
AuntBee, How long did you do all of the products? What is your maintenance routine?
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, I have to google what milia is. I went today and exchanged my new RA and had them order the Trention usp brand. Are you still finding that some days your skin looks great & others it is so so? That is how I feel. I have noticed a brown spot on my cheek looks like it is coming back. I wonder if it because I cut back on the exfoderm? How is your progress going? Did you decide on 18 wks or 24 wks?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa,
I'm pretty sure that I'll continue for 24 weeks and then go on maintenance after that. Rileygirl mentioned that my skin would probably be as good as it will get after that period of time. I started Week 14 today, so I've got a ways to go and I still hope to see lots of improvement.

I feel the same as you -- some days I feel like I'm looking pretty good and then others my skin just seems so-so.

My skin's texture really bothers me. In certain light, you can still see how rough it is. I attribute this to having large pores. In my opinion, the Nuderm system has not helped to diminish the appearance of them at all; they're still larger than life!!

My expectations are probably so out of whack! I just covet a creamy, porcelain complexion to no ends! Confused

How's the new Retin A working out? I've started to use 0.1% every so often to see how my skin would handle it -- thought it might help with the texture somewhat. Red and peelie again!!

BTW what eye cream (if any) are you using? I'm trying to decide on one. Thanks.

Welcome Aunt Bee! I'd like to know about your Obagi experience, too.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
AuntBee, How long did you do all of the products? What is your maintenance routine?

I used all the products for a year. I still use the cleanser and toner twice a day, the clear three times a week, and the blender+retin A twice a week. And, since I have very fair skin, I use the Sunfader and SPF 35 every day.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aunt Bee,
I guess I didn't realize that you were supposed to use the entire system for a year. Wow!! What kind of changes did you see with your skin during that initial period?

Did you just decide to continue with Nuderm to try and get the optimal results?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just always interested to hear everyone's success stories with Obagi. Thanks!

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Aunt Bee,
I guess I didn't realize that you were supposed to use the entire system for a year. Wow!! What kind of changes did you see with your skin during that initial period?

Did you just decide to continue with Nuderm to try and get the optimal results?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just always interested to hear everyone's success stories with Obagi. Thanks!

At first, all I saw was redness and peeling. It took about 6 weeks for me to notice a positive difference in my skin's texture and firmness. I felt that as long as it was working (and I could afford it!), I'd continue with the system. I've spent so many years using every over-the-counter and prescription product you can imagine that finally having something work long-term was amazing. I also noticed after about 6 months that my smaller wrinkles were disappearing.

I also forgot to say that in my experience, if my skin got too oily, it was becaue I was using too much product. You really only use a very small amount of each product.
meganm76
5% products discount

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
AuntBee...your results are encouraging to hear! And just so I'm clear, you used the products every day for a year then went on maintenance? When you say you used a small amount of the product, about how much did you use? I'm on week 11 and continuing to be red and peel just like I did at week 2. My skin does not seem to be adjusting to the products and it's depressing. I'm scared that I will continue to be irritated during the maintenance phase.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
meganm76: I know exactly how you feel. I am on week 14. I was wondering if on the maintenance my skin would be red also. I think that is the worst being red. I am only doing the 18 week cycle. I do have to say my dark spots look ALOT better.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kims.. I just use Olay regenerist eye cream. What kind do you use? What kind does anyone else use? Any suggestions?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone! Aunt Bee, your experiences are very encouraging. I really didn't know you could stay on the entire program for a year. I thought it was 24 weeks max and then on to maintenance.

Right now, I'm more chapped than anything right around my mouth. It isn't very attractive. I can cover redness with a little mineral make-up, but you really can't cover up the flakiness!! I'm using some emu oil on that area right now.

Vanessa, I'm not using any eye cream right now. I've been reading through some various threads and discussions in regards to under eye products. I have fine lines and I'm just trying to figure out what might work. Do you like the Olay products. They are certainly reasonably priced!

Keep the support and updates coming! Surprised

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, Did you say you started using the 1.0? Brave girl Very Happy . I like the olay products. I have been using them for years. I use the fragrance free.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have some questions for you guys: I am almost out of cleanser. Is cetaphil just as good with the obaji? I am getting witch hazel for my toner. Also I have enough product to last me another 4 weeks. Then do I only order clear & the blender for maintenance? Thanks ladies!
AuntBee

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
meganm76 wrote:
AuntBee...your results are encouraging to hear! And just so I'm clear, you used the products every day for a year then went on maintenance? When you say you used a small amount of the product, about how much did you use? I'm on week 11 and continuing to be red and peel just like I did at week 2. My skin does not seem to be adjusting to the products and it's depressing. I'm scared that I will continue to be irritated during the maintenance phase.

I did continue to use the products for a year till I went on maintenance. I was told to use a blob about the size of a pea of each product, and sometimes I used even less. It doesn't seem like that small an amount would do anything, but it did. (It's the old "if a little is good, a lot is better" thinking!)

I don't remember still having the same redness and flaking in week 11 as I did in week 2. You may want to ask your derm about it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |