Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nicerkitten
5% products discount

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl. Well, I don't think it's an allergic reaction as such. I think my skin has become very sensitive on the nu derm and I did used to have these kind of spots (red bumps but nothing to squeeze) as a teenager. I so miss having a tan on my face, as I'd normally have a natural tan by being in the sun a bit and top it up with fake tan. Now I am so white due to not being able to be in the sun (not that there is any in London Smile , the skin bleaching agent in the obagi and not being able to use a self tan. Sad
I will and try to see my beautician this weekend. I will also ask her to give me the tretinoin 1.0 as I am currently using 0.5. I did tell her about my holiday when I started on the obagi and she said I would see a really nice difference in my skin in 4 weeks, but judging by my skin at week 2, I am not so sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
nicerkitten wrote:
Thanks rileygirl. Well, I don't think it's an allergic reaction as such. I think my skin has become very sensitive on the nu derm and I did used to have these kind of spots (red bumps but nothing to squeeze) as a teenager. I so miss having a tan on my face, as I'd normally have a natural tan by being in the sun a bit and top it up with fake tan. Now I am so white due to not being able to be in the sun (not that there is any in London Smile , the skin bleaching agent in the obagi and not being able to use a self tan. Sad
I will and try to see my beautician this weekend. I will also ask her to give me the tretinoin 1.0 as I am currently using 0.5. I did tell her about my holiday when I started on the obagi and she said I would see a really nice difference in my skin in 4 weeks, but judging by my skin at week 2, I am not so sure.

Good. I am glad to hear you don't think it is an allergic reaction, but I will be interested in what your beautician has to say.

I know that they do say that a lot of places; that one will see great results in 4 weeks. Unfortunately I think the majority do not have that happen and then give up. You will see great results in your skin after 3 months, though! Very Happy Try to hang on and stick it out. The majority of us are extremely happy at the 3 month mark.

I am not sure what to tell you about the tan, but when you stop 1 week before your holiday you should be able to use the self tanner then?
WeiFen
5% products discount

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I finally caved in and ordered Obagi starter set and have been using the system for slightly more than 1 week. To begin, I am starting slowly by only applying Blender + Retin A (0.05%) every other day. Well, I am quite surprise that I am starting to peel around the chin and mouth area. Rolling Eyes Obviously my skin is not as ressilient as I thought. I have been getting questions from people if something happen to my face...

Just a quick question, are the amounts recommended for clear, exforderm, retin a and blender for face + neck? So, if i am applying only on my face, should I reduce the amount I use?
WeiFen
5% products discount

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Another question,
I am using Invisible Zinc at the moment, but I have a new bottle of LRP Anthelios spf 50+ sun screen in my cupboard. Can I use it with Obagi Nuderm?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Weifen,
The recommended amounts are for your face but it's ok to "feather" the products on your neck. I know this seems like a lot to use on your face but part of the process is the "rubbing in" of the products.

You can use other sunscreens while on Nuderm. But if you bought the kit, I would use the Obagi sunscreen first. My own experience is that a physical sunscreen works better than a chemical one. Good luck and keep us posted!

5% products discount

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Kims.
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Been so busy the passed few weeks, I haven't been able to drop by for my update.

Anyways, I am now on week 7 of my obagi experience. My derm increased my usage to daily instead of alternate days on the exfoderm and blender + complex a, at the start of week 5. The reason for this is that I wasn't getting any of the nasty side effects. She did say I was one of the lucky few whose skin just gets better, for some reason.

2 weeks onto the daily usage, still no side effects for me. I guess I guess I just have really thick skin. I have gotten compliments though of how my skin has improved. And I really am hoping that the results keep coming.

One thing I've noticed is that my face has gotten oilier than normal. Primers and anti-shine powders now do little to help me. I'm definitely going to go by my local Jane Iradale counter this weekend to look at my MMU options.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi WickedWitch,
So glad to hear that your skin is doing so well and that you're getting compliments! That's great! Your skin should keep improving in the following weeks as well.

My skin got a bit oilier too during the whole Obagi process, but my skin tends to be on the oily side as the norm. I never experienced the harsh dryness that some do during the regimen.

I also used Jane Iredale mmu during the whole ordeal. Good luck and keep us updated!

5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I need some help ladies. I am on week 7 with the Obagi nu derm, going on holiday in 5 days time. Following the advice of some of you here, I stopped the programme 2 days ago. Now firstly, what can I expect my skin to look like? Are my skin problems (especially the large pores) going to come back or is the improvement achieved so far is go going to stay without the side effects? My skin was just reaching the stage of looking very nice, with occasional bad days. I never had much peeling. I am thinking if I should just stay on it but then I don't want to risk having bad skin days during my holiday (I am going for 3 weeks to be reunited with someone from the past). Or shall I still use the tretinoin every night without the blender and exfoderm? Thanks for your help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nicerkitten,
Sounds like your skin is responding really well to the Nuderm. That's great! When I went on vacation last summer, I did continue to use the Clear and retin a -- and, of course, sunscreen.

I don't think your skin will regress, but I would try to continue a few of the products during your three week break.

Have a great time! Meeting someone from your past...sounds so mysterious!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there! I'm 25 y/o, severe acne + scarring. I've used Obagi + tretinoin about 2 years ago upon the recommendation of an NP at my family doctor's practice. I had great results with it (probably the only thing that truly worked for my acne and scarring) but didn't really stick it out with the maintenance phase which I surely regret. I'm now back on the regimen (Day 4) and the side effects are back in full force - peeling, redness, irritation, the great thing about tretinoin too is that it dries up the acne overnight. I'm definitely sticking it out as I have in the past since I know that it is the only product that I've used that truly offered the results it claims. I'm truly thankful for this forum as I know how difficult and painful the first few weeks on the regimen can be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
sheradri wrote:
Hello there! I'm 25 y/o, severe acne + scarring. I've used Obagi + tretinoin about 2 years ago upon the recommendation of an NP at my family doctor's practice. I had great results with it (probably the only thing that truly worked for my acne and scarring) but didn't really stick it out with the maintenance phase which I surely regret. I'm now back on the regimen (Day 4) and the side effects are back in full force - peeling, redness, irritation, the great thing about tretinoin too is that it dries up the acne overnight. I'm definitely sticking it out as I have in the past since I know that it is the only product that I've used that truly offered the results it claims. I'm truly thankful for this forum as I know how difficult and painful the first few weeks on the regimen can be.

Good luck, sheradri. I am with you. Obagi is still the only thing I have used that delivered the results it promised!
echobaby
5% products discount

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Been a while since I've posted but I want to ask a question.
I was on week 4 of Obagi, and was getting remarkable results. I stopped for a week because I had to go to a few nights of semi-formal opening parties for a museum exhibit my company worked on. The peeling stopped and my skin looked great. While I was off for the week, I ordered the obagi 1% tretinoin(before I had been using the Skinsceutical's .5% retinol because at first I couldn't find the Obagi tretinoin on the web)Even though I moved up to the 1%, I've had nowhere near the peeling that I got with the .5% Skinceuticals. Could it be that the Obagi is somehow weaker? Just to test I went back on the .5% for a few days. Sure enough, I started peeling like crazy again. Any ideas?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
There is no way the tretinoin is weaker than the SC retinol product, but it may just be something in the SC product or the mixing of the 2 lines that is causing your peeling?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
sheradri wrote:

Welcome Sheradri! Good luck with the Obagi on your second time around -- so many of us have been through the process.

Let us know how you progress!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Im on my 9th week. Not much happy with my skin so far.. still have hperpigmentation on my cheeks.. havent peeled or flaked.. face hasnt gone red.. i wonder if the system works for me... Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:
Im on my 9th week. Not much happy with my skin so far.. still have hperpigmentation on my cheeks.. havent peeled or flaked.. face hasnt gone red.. i wonder if the system works for me... Sad

You are only half-way through. There were a few of us who didn't notice any improvement until 3 months or so. The only tip I can give is to make sure you are using the correct amount of the products. I know I sound like a broken record, but this is the Key to the system working, and the other key is to use all the products in the system and nothing else. Good luck. I hope you notice some improvement soon. Also, don't worry about not peeling/flaking. Not everyone does on the system. It is all individual and depends on your own skin.
sheradri

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kims and Rileygirl! I am now on week 3 and all my breakouts have dried up. I also find that the active breakouts heal quicker and the hyperpigmentation from scarring fades faster. There is definitely a huge difference in my skin tone from when I first started despite the redness and peeling. Just to backtrack, I've always dealt with acne from an early age. I'm also a premed student applying to medical school so it's safe to say that stress is part of my everyday routine - unfortunately, so is acne. I swear by Obagi because it works - it's the only thing that has worked for me in the past and while the side effects can be disheartening, I am hoping that the end result will be very much worth it.
Rileygirl, I have read somewhere that you incorporate Skinceuticals CE Ferulic with your Obagi Regimen? I've also read about it's (Vit C) ability to block ~90% of the sun's harmful rays. During the summer months in 100+ weather, I was hoping for this (or CF Phloretin) to be beneficial for my skin. Please let me know what your thoughts are and how you incorporate it into your regimen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
sheradri wrote:

Rileygirl, I have read somewhere that you incorporate Skinceuticals CE Ferulic with your Obagi Regimen? I've also read about it's (Vit C) ability to block ~90% of the sun's harmful rays. During the summer months in 100+ weather, I was hoping for this (or CF Phloretin) to be beneficial for my skin. Please let me know what your thoughts are and how you incorporate it into your regimen.

First, keep in mind that the CF Phloretin can be pretty drying to your skin and may be a tad too much with Obagi. However, you may not even notice a difference in the dryness depending on how your own skin handles the Phloretin! You cleanse, tone, and then apply your C. Wait 3 minutes or so for the C to absorb in, and then you go on with the rest of your morning Obagi routine. Hope that helps!
DallasObagian

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Have been reading this forum for quite a while now and yesterday I finally took the Obagi plunge after reading so many wonderful things about the product both here and else where.

Saw a clinical esthetician who suggested a fairly aggressive approach to my glaring melasma. I'm truly hoping that between the Obagi, Retin A and the medium peels she has planned for fall/winter that my skin will once again become clear and that I can get away with wearing a tinted moisturizer or, cross my fingers, nothing at all in the way of foundations. Right now, it looks as if I have a lupus mask.

One of the things I'm wondering is how age might figure into the clearing process. At 53 will it take longer to clear the melasma? I'm making an assumption that it would but forgot to ask the esty. Is it possible to get absolutely clear skin that needs no foundation when you're in your 50's? Just curious. Would love to hear some thoughts on this from other Obagi users.

Thanks again for posting all your experiences. I will try to do the same for those who come after me. Even after ONE day, I woke this morning and, while I couldn't see any difference, I could feel it...tighter feeling skin on my forehead and chin.

This is going to be an interesting transformation. I can already tell. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
DallasObagian wrote:
Is it possible to get absolutely clear skin that needs no foundation when you're in your 50's?

Hi, DallasObagian. I think it is definitely possible. Of course you are not going to turn back the clock and look like you are in your 20's again, and there is no one alive with perfect skin, but your skin will improve tremendously with Obagi and I am positive you will be very happy with your skin once you complete the program. Good luck!
amanda19
5% products discount

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update on my Obagi regimen. I am currently on Day 13 and am very red and peeling a lot. Already starting to notice sun spots fading. Obviously, the peeling and redness bothers me, but I am trying to stay positive. All the posts on the EDS forum definitely help; knowing that so many have experienced the same troubles but that they got the results they were looking for. Also, thanks for the advice on the Maintenance program...
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi all.
It's been a really long time since I've been on the boards. I did Obagi Nu Derm last year and had terrific results. At first, I was good about maintenance, but somehow got off track. Anyways, I started back two weeks ago. I did buy all new products and have already had some noteworthy observations. Most shocking is how little I am peeling. When I did it in 2009, my face was utterly flaky & bright red. This time I have very few flakes. Last time everyone kept asking me what was wrong. This time no one seems to have noticed. My face is a bit itchy, but very minimally. Some of my new discoloration has already faded. It's so much better than the first whole cycle. I hope this continues. I was VERY happy with the results last time and will make a concerted effort to not discontinue.

I'm loving reading all of your stories and look forward to participating:)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:40 am      Reply with quote
You guys stories are great.
I havent tried Obagi set yet as my friend got serious peeling.
But I have been using its sunblock system.
Seeing you guys' sharing makes me want to have a try!
nicerkitten
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I was wondering if someone could give me any advice on using Obagi Nu derm and dermaroller. I have been on Obagi for about 12 weeks. My beautician mentioned that you can use dermaroller in conjuction with Obagi.
I have been looking online to buy one, but not sure which type to get, I've seen 1.5 mm 0.3 and 0.2 mm. Does anyone know what the difference is and which one is better?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |