Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have very little pigmentation and have almost totally gotten rid of the one spot that really bothered me, it was on my nose, now just a few light spots on my lower cheeks.
I really don't think I have seen a reduction of fine lines or increase in firmness in the 6 weeks that I have been using it but hope that is coming, one of the main reasons I decided to use it.
I am tired of the soreness and flakes too, my skin was so soft and moisturized before with the products I was using, but they were doing nothing for my lines, firmness or pigmentation, although they were supposed to of course. Bad Grin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:

I am tired of the soreness and flakes too, my skin was so soft and moisturized before with the products I was using, but they were doing nothing for my lines, firmness or pigmentation, although they were supposed to of course. Bad Grin

The soreness should be stopping, buffy. I definitely saw a firming up of my jaw line area, and it got rid of my fine lines after the 18 weeks. What were you using before Nu Derm, buffy?

ETA: I did the same as RussianSunshine and bought mine off ebay. I got for the sample size bottles, as you can keep 1 in the bathroom and store the rest in the fridge. Give the Obagi C a try. We are all different and you may love it!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone, please, tell me what the best way to minimize the crazy redness is:

Option A: reduce the % of Retin A
OR
Option B: alternate the use of Exfoderm and Blender/Retin A
OR
Option C: use Retin A/Blender only 2 times a week

A bit confused now...
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Merle Norman for years and applied the creams, serums, etc. liberally. Then last year I switched to Cle de peau, very expensive but I did get a lot of samples and bought some things on ebay. It feels so luxurious and made my skin look very nice and soft but the product they swore would lighten my age spots was doing nothing after 6 months, the wrinkle cream the same, everything felt great but wasn't "correcting" much of anything and the salesperson kept telling me it works, but it takes time. At 65, I don't have that kind of time Laughing I have nice skin from taking care of it, but wanted to correct those 2 things.
I will use up the Obagi C serums but when they are gone, will try the kind you guys like.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshine, what % of retin a are you using? I started out using .025 and using it every day but after 3 weeks was able to go up to .05.
I will let the more experienced ones answer your question but I have found that Jane Iredale pressed powder, a mineral based powder, does a pretty good job of covering the redness for times you need that. I am lucky I have never had a lot of redness, just tightness, itching and flaking skin. I would guess option a or c would be what they recommend.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Sunshine, what % of retin a are you using? I started out using .025 and using it every day but after 3 weeks was able to go up to .05.
I will let the more experienced ones answer your question but I have found that Jane Iredale pressed powder, a mineral based powder, does a pretty good job of covering the redness for times you need that. I am lucky I have never had a lot of redness, just tightness, itching and flaking skin. I would guess option a or c would be what they recommend.

I'm using 0.05% now. And, yeah, I have the full bouquet of sympotoms: redness, itching, tightness and peelies!
As for the concealing the redness, I successfully use the RaesinIMages mineral powder recommended my DarkMoon!

P.S.: I also adore how Cle de Peau products feel on my skin! But use only their concealer now.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man, they do have probably one of the very best concealers on the market. It is great.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can anyone, please, tell me what the best way to minimize the crazy redness is:

Option A: reduce the % of Retin A
OR
Option B: alternate the use of Exfoderm and Blender/Retin A
OR
Option C: use Retin A/Blender only 2 times a week

A bit confused now...

I am of the belief that the redness is mainly caused by the Exfoderm. You could try to use the Exfoderm only 2 times a week, and the remainder of the system as you have done before and see if that helps. I know when I cut the Exfoderm down, my redness reduced drastically.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Then last year I switched to Cle de peau, very expensive but I did get a lot of samples and bought some things on ebay. It feels so luxurious and made my skin look very nice and soft but the product they swore would lighten my age spots was doing nothing after 6 months, the wrinkle cream the same, everything felt great but wasn't "correcting" much of anything and the salesperson kept telling me it works, but it takes time. At 65, I don't have that kind of time Laughing I have nice skin from taking care of it, but wanted to correct those 2 things.

Thanks, Buffy. I can see coming from that to Obagi it would be a difficult transition. It is rough at times and not too pretty at other times, but you really will be very happy with your skin after the 18 weeks. When you get to maintenance you can add some of the other products you love back in.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Riley, from the other people I have seen who have used the product as directed, their skin is just glowing. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.
Today my skin has looked pretty good, much less flaking. Thank heavens I have these good days in between the bad ones, Laughing , keeps me going. I appreciate all your help and encourage ment a lot, I don't know anyone else personally that is doing this other than my hairdresser and she works a lot and has a family, so I hate to bother her just to talk about Obagi, KWIM?
This board has been a life, and skin Wink saver.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
I agree Riley, from the other people I have seen who have used the product as directed, their skin is just glowing. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.
Today my skin has looked pretty good, much less flaking. Thank heavens I have these good days in between the bad ones, Laughing , keeps me going. I appreciate all your help and encourage ment a lot, I don't know anyone else personally that is doing this other than my hairdresser and she works a lot and has a family, so I hate to bother her just to talk about Obagi, KWIM?
This board has been a life, and skin Wink saver.

You definitely can do it. And the bad days will get less and less! I also never knew anyone in my "real" life that used Obagi. Heck, most of the people I know could care less about skin care, so EDS is a definite life saver for a product junkie like me! Laughing
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow, me too. I have a couple of friends who are into skin care and makeup like I am, but neither is using Obagi, although they are watching with interest! Yes, EDS is a great place to live and learn.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
i used obagi one week, and only red, no peel on cheeks, is it normal? can i receive good results of useing obagi?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I am into my 7th week now and have had very little peeling on my cheeks, it is mostly around my mouth and eye area, chin. And, I started out on the lowest strength of retin a, I peeled more once I moved up to .05 retin. Stay with it.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, not sure if this will set me back, or how much but I caved tonight and used my old products instead of my Obagi. I have a very special event to go to on Sunday and want to look my best. I did a trial run with my makeup today, after I did my Obagi routine this morning, I used some of the Clenziderm moisturizer and a foundation primer, then used my Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder, some blush and my usual eye makeup and lip makeup. Looked pretty nice so I thought maybe I could stand the peeling and flaking and just go easy on the products through the weekend. In just a couple of hours the flakies were starting to pop up all over my face, the makeup looked all dried up and dull, I just decided that I was going to use my lovely Cle de peau products through the weekend, I know by then my face will be somewhat back to normal so makeup should look nice or even better than it used to and Monday, I will start back on the Obagi. Like I say, hope it doesn't set me back, I don't care it it takes longer to get through the program.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
yesterday i just wonder why i have no peel on face, today i wonder why so many lines beside cheek and nose when smile after i use obagi!! Confused
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I assume we see more wrinkles because it is drying on our skin, I see the same and it worries me but I have seen people who have done the program and ended up with beautiful skin. I peeled around the eyebrows and in the eyebrow are first, then around the mouth, then around the eyes and now finally, a little on the cheeks. I wish it would just come off in one big layer at a time, like peeling a mask off.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Rileygirl and other Obagians,

I went to see the medical esthetician today ( as rileygirl strongly encourages everyone to do before starting the program). And she said that I only need to use the Gentle Cleanser, Toner and Exforderm 2-3 times a week. And that I do not need to use the Blender (just Retin A alone)!? What should I do now? Should I just stop using the blender Question

She also recommended the IPL treatments for redness and tightening. What do you think?
Otherwise, she said I have a gorgeous glowing skin. No need for peels or mircrodermabrasion.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Dear Rileygirl and other Obagians,

I went to see the medical esthetician today ( as rileygirl strongly encourages everyone to do before starting the program). And she said that I only need to use the Gentle Cleanser, Toner and Exforderm 2-3 times a week. And that I do not need to use the Blender (just Retin A alone)!? What should I do now? Should I just stop using the blender Question

She also recommended the IPL treatments for redness and tightening. What do you think?
Otherwise, she said I have a gorgeous glowing skin. No need for peels or mircrodermabrasion.

Miss RussianSunshine,

I think you should jump up and down with joy! That is GREAT about your skin. I would give it a try and see how you do with just the Retin A, and use the other products the times she recommends. I am so happy for you! Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Miss RussianSunshine,

I think you should jump up and down with joy! That is GREAT about your skin. I would give it a try and see how you do with just the Retin A, and use the other products the times she recommends. I am so happy for you! Very Happy

Riley, first of all, I do not think she was all that sincere. May be, compared to other people who come to the clinic, my skin is in better condition, but this is only because I'm spending a lot of time on this great forum!

Second of all, my skin has a glow and is in good condition because of the OBAGI. So I don't think I should stop using blender with Retin A. I might try, but, as far I understood, blender helps Retin A to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, is that not right??

What is your opinion on the IPL treatments?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Second of all, my skin has a glow and is in good condition because of the OBAGI. So I don't think I should stop using blender with Retin A. I might try, but, as far I understood, blender helps Retin A to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, is that not right??

Yes, that is correct. The Blender helps the Retin A penetrate deeper. There have been some people (I think Keli13 was one) that did not need to use any of the hydroquinone products and could maintain results with just Retin A and sunscreen. Just to give you something to think about! On the flip side, those are few and far between and most need to have some sort of maintenance.

I have never had IPL, RussianSunshine. I am interested in it, but I have heard horror stories about both IPL and lasers and honestly they both scare me. I would definitely research a lot before having it done. Do you have broken caps, RussianSunshine, or just redness?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi RussianSunshine,
IPL treatments have worked very well for me in terms of getting rid of hyperpigmentation. I have a few broken caps on the sides of my nose, and it helps that too. I didn't really notice any "tightening" of my skin.

However, like everything else, you have to work to maintain the results. Nothing is permanent -- at least for me, it isn't.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:21 am      Reply with quote
So guys I'm now on day 4 of obagi.... (I'm nearly afraid to say this but...) so far so good...just mild redness nothing that make up wont cover and slight itch/irritation, especially in the evening time! I know its probably early days yet and I'll probably peel like mad next week!! Can anyone confirm for me which cream is it that causes the peeling? Is it Retin A? I am only using this every 2nd evening as directed to. I also find that my face is shiny/greasy throughout the day and then in the evening time it gets very dry.

Also, just a quick question, how long does the obagi nu-derm starter kit last for? Just wondering as I am in Ireland and need to get products shipped in from US - so would like to know when I need to order next lot of product.
Only for you guys and EDS I'd be lost as I have never known anyone to use obagi before - never even heard of it until I attended a derm!!
havana8

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:17 am      Reply with quote
re-posting for zhoushuhappy

zhoushuhappy wrote:
I am using obagi for a week, and now red, peel appear, but at the same time, the fine lines around my cheeks and nose appear too!! Especially when i smile. Because my cheek is thin. Is it normal?? And do i stop using?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I have never had IPL, RussianSunshine. I am interested in it, but I have heard horror stories about both IPL and lasers and honestly they both scare me. I would definitely research a lot before having it done. Do you have broken caps, RussianSunshine, or just redness?

I only have broken caps on the sides of the nose and redness on my cheeks. But if, as kims said, it didn't help her in terms of tightness, then I will stick to creams and lotions and perhaps try Evan Healy. Because, honestly, I'm a bit sceptical too. And in addition, each IPL treatment costs CAD280!

I will aslo continue using Blender until it's finished.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |