Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa,
Yes, my face tends to get redder as the day goes by; I think this is pretty normal. Also, my skin is a normal color in the morning but pretty pink after applying the products. I'm in the middle of the 7th week, and I do think the superficial pigmentation problems I have are fading (i.e. light freckling) but my stubborn spots are hanging in there! What's new for me (since starting Obagi) are these small red "dots" around my hair line. They almost appear to be underlying blemishes -- you know, not quite making it to the surface. Anyway, I have an appointment with the aesthetician at my plastic surgeon's office and I'll see what she has to say. It's always something new every day with Obagi, huh???

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Vanessa,
I had the bouts of redness of and on until i changed to maintanence ... hang in there
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi VanessaB and others: How's it going with Obagi? Any more new sun spots? I'm just finishing Week #8 and it's still a lot of the same with me. I do think my face is lightening overall. I had an appointment with my esthetician on the 20th and she thought my skin looked and felt good too. But I know I've still got a long way to go... One of my biggest issues is also the texture of my skin and I'm hoping Obagi will help that as well. I'm thinking that the Exfoderm is supposed to help with that problem???

Also, I'm getting ready to go on vacation in a few weeks and don't really want to pack all of these products (not even the travel versions--don't want to spend the extra$$$.) And I don't really want to deal with the "peelies" either. So...what do you guys suggest I take/use in order to maintain my progress thus far? Sunscreen is already at the top of my list!! Smile Thanks!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
take your cleanser and sunblock on your vacation
resume your regimen when you return!
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kims & everyone. Well I have to say that in the last week my face looks really good. I feel like my spots are finally starting to fade quickly. I still have the new spot on my cheek, but I had ALOT on my forehead and now when I look in the mirror I only see a few!! I'm glad you asked about vacation...I was wondering what to do also. You know what is really strange.. I am more peely now around my mouth than I was in the beginning. Has anyone had that happen? Where are you going on vacation? Hope you have fun!
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I have a question. Has anyone tried the at home eyelash tint that I found on this site. It is supposed to last 6 weeks / 1000 hrs.
dublinmask

Sat May 30, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! Sorry if this has been asked, but I wasn't able to find a straight answer. I bought the Obagi Nu Derm starter kit and started using 3 days ago. Nothing noticable really. The kit does not come with Tretinoin, and (dumb me!) I didn't buy read here first and buy it. Does the system work without it? Why do they sell separately if it is necessary for the process? Should I stop using until I order?

I don't have acne, but have some mild sun damage and discoloration.

thanks you!
HelenZHP
5% products discount

Sun May 31, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Usually you have to stay on a maintenance program. That could be using Clear 2-3 times a week, and Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 times a week.

Dear Riley, I've been stayed on maintenance for about three months, with the maintenance you recommended on above , without using Exfoderm. Now I feel my skin gets back to dark aggain. Should I add Exfoderm into my maintenance routine? is it necessary for keeping the result?

Besides, when I am on maintenance routine, the Blender and the Exfoderm could last quite long since I don't use them daily. I read on the bottle that they should be stored in a room with tempreture between 15-30 degree, since it's over 30 degree in summer in my area, how should I save the products? should I put them on the freezer?

Thanks for your nice help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
HelenZHP wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Usually you have to stay on a maintenance program. That could be using Clear 2-3 times a week, and Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 times a week.

Dear Riley, I've been stayed on maintenance for about three months, with the maintenance you recommended on above , without using Exfoderm. Now I feel my skin gets back to dark aggain. Should I add Exfoderm into my maintenance routine? is it necessary for keeping the result?

Besides, when I am on maintenance routine, the Blender and the Exfoderm could last quite long since I don't use them daily. I read on the bottle that they should be stored in a room with tempreture between 15-30 degree, since it's over 30 degree in summer in my area, how should I save the products? should I put them on the freezer?

Thanks for your nice help!

Hi, Helen. If your skin is getting dark again, you want to up the amount of days you use Clear, especially, and then the Blender/Retin A. The Exfoderm won't help with the darkness. Try to go to 5 days a week for the Clear and keep your Blender/Retin A how often you are using them now. See how that works. If you still feel you are darker, then increase the Blender/Retin A usage. Try that for a month or two and see if that helps.

Not sure about the storage, to be honest. It gets really hot in FL and I just stored them in my cabinet.
HelenZHP
5% products discount

Sun May 31, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Hi, Helen. If your skin is getting dark again, you want to up the amount of days you use Clear, especially, and then the Blender/Retin A. The Exfoderm won't help with the darkness. Try to go to 5 days a week for the Clear and keep your Blender/Retin A how often you are using them now. See how that works. If you still feel you are darker, then increase the Blender/Retin A usage. Try that for a month or two and see if that helps.

Not sure about the storage, to be honest. It gets really hot in FL and I just stored them in my cabinet.

Hi Riley, now I use 4 days a week for the Clear and Blender/RA, (AM- Clear, PM-Clear+Blender/RA). The other 3 days I use ZO. Do you mean I should use Clear 5 days, and Blender/RA every PM?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
HelenZHP wrote:
Hi Riley, now I use 4 days a week for the Clear and Blender/RA, (AM- Clear, PM-Clear+Blender/RA). The other 3 days I use ZO. Do you mean I should use Clear 5 days, and Blender/RA every PM?

Yes, bump the Clear and Blender/RA up to 5 days, Helen, and see how you do. What sunscreen are you using?
HelenZHP
5% products discount

Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
HelenZHP wrote:

Yes, bump the Clear and Blender/RA up to 5 days, Helen, and see how you do. What sunscreen are you using?

I use Nu-Derm Health Skin Protection SPF35.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
HelenZHP wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
HelenZHP wrote:

I use Nu-Derm Health Skin Protection SPF35.

Perfect!
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl. I have a question. What exactly is it that makes the face red? Retin A? My husband told me that my face has been really red lately. Like I am putting on red makeup. Should I cut back on the retin a? Currently I am doing everything 7 days a week. And my skin looks good besides the redness. I am on my 9th week. Thanks for your input!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Hi Rileygirl. I have a question. What exactly is it that makes the face red? Retin A? My husband told me that my face has been really red lately. Like I am putting on red makeup. Should I cut back on the retin a? Currently I am doing everything 7 days a week. And my skin looks good besides the redness. I am on my 9th week. Thanks for your input!

Hi, Vanessa. You sound like you are exactly where you should be. The main thing for most people that makes the face red is the Exfoderm. Your skin will probably be red (in various shades!) off and on the for the entire 18 weeks. If the redness bothers you a lot, you can cut the Exfoderm to every other day, as long as you are done with your 1st 6 weeks. Try that and see how your redness does. I would definitely not reduce the amount of Retin A. Good luck!
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I will give it a try. I have not missed a day since I started. So I will do the exfoderm every other day. Thanks again!
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently had a course of Aluma, radio frequency therapy, and IPL, to treat pigmentation. After reading the above posts, it seems that the Obagi regime would be the ideal skincare to combat pigmentation and encourage collagen production.

I have read online that the Obagi Condition & Enhance for oily is suggested rather than for dry skin, when following non-surgical treatments such as IPL. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this oily vs dry. It seems strange that I would not simply choose whichever suited my skin type, rather than the treatment I had.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everella,
That is interesting! When using the Obagi Nuderm system, I'm pretty sure you pick the regimen that goes with your skin type. I was looking at some information on the website about the Condition and Enhance system and am trying to figure out the difference between it and Nuderm. It seems that they both consist mainly of the same products. I'm going to have to keep reading as I may be looking into a procedure after the Nuderm program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Everella,
That is interesting! When using the Obagi Nuderm system, I'm pretty sure you pick the regimen that goes with your skin type. I was looking at some information on the website about the Condition and Enhance system and am trying to figure out the difference between it and Nuderm. It seems that they both consist mainly of the same products. I'm going to have to keep reading as I may be looking into a procedure after the Nuderm program.

They are the same, Kims.

The only difference in the kits is the cleanser and the Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte, so I am not sure the reason they would suggest the oily skin for non-surgical procedures. I haven't had any of the procedures, but do they (any where you get the IPL, etc) suggest using an AHA product to prep the skin? That would be the only thing I can think of, as the Forte has glycolic and lactic acid, there the plain has only phytic acid.
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims,
Thank you for the information. I concluded the same when i looked at the site. I will continue reading also and see if there is any further information. I am slightly nervous beginning this regime as it appears quite a serious commitment! However, I am tempted considering everyone's review.
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,
Thank you for your reply.
The therapist did not suggest any prep. I was considering the Obagi regime when I logged onto the Obagi condition and enhance site. I have been reading the EDS forums on and off since December. I have invested a lot of money in treatments since turning 40 this year and find at the end of the day, clinics tend to push treatments without educating clients in a skincare regime. I realise all the treatments in the world set into motion an obsession for me. I need to commit to an effective skincare routine now and the Obagi system is impressive.
I have an oily t zone, with med pores, and am prone to dehydrated skin elsewhere. I have some redness, minimal since IPL and some fine lines. I have never sunbathed and have some pigmentation.
Is the Obagi Nu-Derm system suitable?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
everella wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,
Thank you for your reply.
The therapist did not suggest any prep. I was considering the Obagi regime when I logged onto the Obagi condition and enhance site. I have been reading the EDS forums on and off since December. I have invested a lot of money in treatments since turning 40 this year and find at the end of the day, clinics tend to push treatments without educating clients in a skincare regime. I realise all the treatments in the world set into motion an obsession for me. I need to commit to an effective skincare routine now and the Obagi system is impressive.
I have an oily t zone, with med pores, and am prone to dehydrated skin elsewhere. I have some redness, minimal since IPL and some fine lines. I have never sunbathed and have some pigmentation.
Is the Obagi Nu-Derm system suitable?

Hi, everella. I think you would be very pleased with the Nu Derm and results it will produce for your fine lines and pigmentation issues. You will be red, and if you are prone to broken caps, you will get them - just to let you know! Also, you need to be prepared to be red, flaky/peely off and on the entire 18 weeks. You also need to be willing to continue with maintenance. Some can get away with just Retin A and sunscreen, but the majority will need to use the Clear, Blender/Retin A combo a few times a week to maintain their results. Some, unfortunately, will need to use the Clear, Blender/RA almost every day to maintain results. (This is very individual and you will play around to see what the minimum is you can get away with). Hope that helps!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everella,
I am just curious about the treatments you've received through your skincare professional. You mentioned Aluma (is this also known as Lumenis?) and IPL, I think. What kind of benefits did you receive with the treatments? I agree with you completely that many professionals are very happy to sell you treatments but then often lack in teaching you how to maintain your results. Are you looking to use the Obagi system as a maintenance program as such or to possibly enhance your results from the other treatments? Thanks so much! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,
Another Obagi question for you...I certainly appreciate your expertise in this area, and have learned a TON from reading your posts! It's very, very, nice of you to continue to go through the Obagi journey time and time again!

Anyway, back to my question: It's my understanding that the Exfoderm Forte's purpose is for exfoliation and skin resurfacing. One of my main concerns is also the texture of my skin -- it's very rough. Is it possible or advisable to increase the amount used or even to add the Exfoderm to the p.m. routine?

Thanks again for your help!
Kim

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,

Thank you for your reply. I am prone to broken caps on my cheeks. Presently, I am having a course of IPL for this and pigmentation. Will the broken caps that follow the use of Nu-Derm clear up with time or will I need a further course of IPL. I have one session left and would be prone to holding off til after the Obagi regime is complete.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |