Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
dianew -

Thank you for that information. I always thought the only reason you didn't want to apply retin a and go into sunlight was just because it made you more sensitive to sun, so more apt to burn, etc. Never knew it also affected the efficacy of the product!!!
sammy6578

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone Im on Obagi nudurm my 16th day aside from the peeling and redness Im doing ok...lol! I just went up to a gram of each product as directed for AM and PM. I dont have a derm its DIY here and wasnt sure if i should go up to gram on the retinoin 0.05?

I think I will, unless its a bad idea and maybe yalls input can help with that. So far Im lovin the product and somehow havent missed...WOW! It smells good to me and has already cleared any pimples that have come up..Yay Very Happy

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone -
just finished reading every post to this thread and have to say everyone here is such a wealth of info and so helpful during times of ultimate frustration...

I started Obagi 3 days ago BUT without the Exo-Forte + Tret cream... these are on backorder and hope to have them early next week... but I've used all the other products and with the exception of some tiny redness - so far, so bearable... I had originally intended to start the process in the fall to avoid the summer months (TX heat and sun can be very harsh!) but waited and waited (and saved) and figured it was now or never... has anyone else gone through the program in the summer months? Curious how that compounds treatment...

I have very oily skin in the T-zone area and very dark pigmentation spots on my cheeks closer to my nose... To say I'm nervous about starting to breakout all over again is an understatement but at least I've read enough here to know it would be par for the course...

Thanks to all who've taken the time to chronicle their journeys and continue to post. It's been so helpful to read everyone's experiences and be able to gain an "idea" of what to expect.

Chat with you all soon and look forward to learning more everyday!
knatal

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I started the Obagi NuDerm system about 6 years ago and had tremendous results. I never got so many compliments in my life on my skin. I stayed on the regimen for about 3 years, then went off. I just started up again and have been on the system for one week. I have flaking (not peeling) above my lip and a little on my chin, and around my nose, but that's it. I'm really hoping that I get the same results that I did when I first went on the regimin. Just trying to hang in there - my skin feels really, really dry and I don't like that. I also wish I'd start peeling more so I could feel like my "new skin" is coming out! Is there anyone out there in a similar circumstance as me - someone who went off for a couple of years and then started up again?
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lilmiss,

TiZo3 SPF 40 active ingredients are Titanium, Iron, & Zinc Oxides.

Inactive ingredients are:

Alumina, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone (may contain iron oxide).

It's not oily at all and I don't "think" any of the ingredients above consist of oil. It's very velvety (literally) as it goes on your skin. I even LOOK at a sunscreen and I break out, my skin is so sensitive. But with this stuff... no problems at all.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on Day 6 of the Obagi system, I must say if it wasn't for this forum I'd be having a heart attack.

By day 3, my skin was super, super red - like a bad sunburn. Day 4, it started peeling. Day 6, it's like my skin is cracking/peeling all over but that's not the worst part. The crinkles around my eyes make me look 30 years older!!!! Today I woke up and my upper cheek/under eye area looks literally like a prune! It's really given me the jitters Shock

The redness is definitely subsiding (I'm not glowing like a red light anymore) but this insanely dry/cracking/flaking definitely does make you look HORRIBLY old! Pleeeaaaassssse tell me that this sounds normal to look so crinkly??

I did a headstand and looked at myself in the mirror (wondering if my face would look better) and it looks like a shriveled crone with the dryness/crinkles. I think I was just morbidly fascinated with how strange I look that I'm even seeing what I look like upside down to see if it looks any better! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, Vanessa. I used all the products as close to my eyes as I could.

Rileygirl, many people seem to be afraid to use the products close to their eyes, but I've been on 0.05% RA for a year now and use it very close to my eyes with no problems at all (on my eyelids too - no issues at all). I just started the Obagi system, and like you, am using it close to my eyes (undereye lid).

Did you experiencing insane crinkly/crepiness around your eyes when you first started using the system? Can I ask what your experiences were in the eye area for the duration of the Obagi course? Did you use it on the upper eyelids at all?

Thank you very much Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
dragonflyte - thanks for the info on the sunscreen!

In regards to your prunishness - that just means you are going to peeeeeeeel really well! Just keep it up and it will all be worth it!
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lilmiss,

I have to say my eyes filled with tears this afternoon when I looked in the mirror. It's really unnerving to start a program like this with the goal being to look even-toned and younger but then temporarily look like you aged ridiculously overnight! My dermatologist said that many people give up during the first few weeks - I can totally see why. I'm just keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed! Pray

Regarding the sunscreen, I had absolutely terrible acne during my 20s (just turned 40) and I struggled to use any product that didn't break my skin out. I could never use facial makeup at all. I went through many moisturizers and sunscreens and the one found that changed my life was Purpose Redness Reducing Moisturizer SPF 30. I used to use the SPF 15 until the 30 came out. This product was recommended by my dermatologist and does not have any negative reaction on my skin whatsoever. I must say I really loved it and it's not expensive either.

After trying out various higher SPFs, the only other one that my skin did well with was the TiZo3. I tried the Nia but whatever they use for their base just didn't do well on my skin and broke me out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Dragon, I've been on retin-a for 2 years now at .05%....I figured I'd not get the worst of the Obagi seeing I am a "seasoned" vet with the retin-a and applied under my eyes the whole time with the retin.

I started Obagi on Valentines Day, and I have gotten the dryness and crinkles under my eyes as well. I've had some major flaking/peeling all round my mouth....if you put a glass over my mouth that covered my NL's, that is the area that has been peeling like crazy (the underside of my nose too!)
I have laid off the Obagi Clear under my eyes for about 5 days now, just applying the blender/retin-a under there and they've been returning a bit back to normal....but, if I wasn't heading to Australia in 4 weeks for 18 days, I would still be applying the Clear there as well with no worries because I know this is all part of the process. I went through it with retin-a as well... I just don't want to look like a shriveled prune under the eyes when I go Laughing

So hang in there!! It will get better I am sure...my concern for you though is this cracking you're getting...not sure if this is normal or not. Hopefully Riley will pop in here to answer that one.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:35 am      Reply with quote
But I totally agree Dragon...it is VERY unnerving to look 10-20 years older on something that is supposed to make your skin look and act younger Embarassed

I just wish the "younger" part happened a bit quicker!! Laughing

I will suggest though as Riley suggests, it's ok to add moisture to your eye area while on Obagi. I just bought a bottle of Eucerin Aquaporin Active Eye and got it a few days ago...it is SUPER hydrating and I absolutely love it. I've been using it over top IS Clinical Youth Eye AM/PM and my dryness/crinkly/crepey look has been subsiding quite a bit.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Well, day 21 for me. The redness has calmed down a fair bit, tho still get some as the afternoon wears on Still no major peeling tho - nasty flakes round my mouth & nose after talking& eating, & some round the eyes, but not the peeling 'in sheets' some people have talked about

How are people measuring their product? I was doing the first finger joint method, but my Clear seems to be running low so think that may've been too much...I have long fingers... I've heard about using the bottles to measure from the O to the A - but is that on the big toner & cleanser size, or the little Clear size ones?
riceball
5% products discount

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:01 am      Reply with quote
hi Obagians !!

It's Day 20 of my Obagi Nuderm regimen and I am thinking of ordering in advance for another set.But I would like to ask if you would suggest Obagi Vit.C serum for me and what percent should I get ?

I am currently using all of this products.
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender

Healthy Skin Pro. SPF
Tretinoin Cream 0.05%

I just want to order in advance before the bottles empty. WOuld you recommend Vitamin C serum for me and if you do, how do I use it ?

Many thanks and I hope to hear from you guys.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Riceball

I've been researching the same thing... tho haven't jumped in & bought any yet... from what I've read so far you need at least 10% strength to get any real effect, & it's best to start low & work up to see if a) your skin tolerates it & b) if it works for you (apparently it only works for 60% of the population... Confused )

I had wondered about just starting with the 5% eye serum & seeing if I reacted to that

I was going to go with the Obagi one as I'm still early on in Nu-derm & don't want to mess with too many, possibly conflicting products,but have just read a thread warning of one of its ingredients - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate? Which I've never heard of but is being spoken of as bad if it's left on your skin... (as opposed to being in shower gel or whatever that you wash off)

Can anyone confirm? / Jump in?
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bren21,

Thanks for sharing that you are are in a similar position - I'm feeling less lonesome on this journey already Very Happy Hope you have a great trip, my sister is actually moving to Perth in 3 weeks from the UK!

I'm using an eye moisturizer that my dermatologist recommended and uses herself. It's called Lumiere Bio Restorative Eye Cream and it does feel very lovely on. It definitely takes away the dryness/crepeyness, but the wrinkles are still extremely prominent. Do you use the Obagi system on your upper eyelids too? A few other people have mentioned they are doing so minus the exfoderm - this is what I am also now doing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really excited about going! Thanks for the well wishes...WOW! UK to Perth! That's quite a move!....just remember you're never really alone on this skin journey, we'll always be here through thick and thin Very Happy

I do use everything on my eyes...although I've toned down the Clear in that area for now just to make sure my eyes are looking good for the trip. I think the Clear is the catalyst for all this peeling and dryness. My sis used only the blender/retin-a combo for several months and never had any peeling or anything...she just now added the Clear in and started to peel about a week in to it. I do still use the Blender/retin-a in the eye area though...but I moisturize after it sits for a while. Probably isn't right, but I'm going to do it anyway...hahaha

I don't use the Exfo at all any more due to that allergic reaction I had on day 5, so it's just the clear and blender with retin-a.

dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Well I won't be shopping with lovely EDS any more thanks to UK customs... just when you think you've found a decent price for stuff you get an extra £41 quid tax added on top Shock Shock Shock

the whole thing was less than £200. It's cheaper to pay the rip off Britain prices

(ok rant over)
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Dianew,

I have had absolute NIGHTMARES with the British customs. Such a ripoff. I sent my stepdad a camera there for $140 (70th birthday gift). They charged £45! I was infuriated. I called them and asked how they came up with that amount. I was given the runaround and told to read the tariff book. I asked where that was available from and was told I could purchase it for £270 and cross reference it...... There is absolutely NO other way to figure it out. So I filed a complaint and was sent £19 back. No idea where they came up with that number. It's beyond ridiculous.

When I send skincare products to my mother, I always put the package valued under $30. Many eBay shippers are willing to do something similar to save you getting customs fees. I really feel for the folks over there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the advice dragonflyte - I'll make sure to complain officially & see if it gets me anywhere!
debo
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dragonflyte, I have used the Lumiere Bio Restorative Eye Cream and several of the Neocutis products for years. My derm put me on it after a car accident. I had a nasty gash in my face and he recommended the Bio-Cream Bio-restorative skin Cream to help with the scarring. I got sooo addicted to it! I think using that line of products for so long has helped me while going through the Obagi experience. I actually use the Obagi Elastiderm cream at night on my eyes, then the Lumiere in the morning. I'm into my fifth week now and someone stopped me today and told me my skin looked amazing Dancing We all know how good that feels after going through all of this! Good Luck! Cool
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Have to say that I'm a huge fan of Neocutis as well...I wouldn't hesitate to use that line again! I used the Bio Restorative Gel and Day Cream...both excellent products.

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! And congrats Debo on the face compliment Very Happy It does make it all worthwhile for sure!

robynm

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,
I am 28 years old.
Just started Obagi system 5 days ago.
I am going to stick through this....however, my face is red, swollen, flaking, painful and at times itchy. I seriously can't go out looking like this - I also am in so much discomfort, I wouldn't be much fun to go out with.
I got this for my skin, obviously, mainly sun damage. I want to take care of my skin from now on - as I have lacked doing so in the future.
Thank you for having this forum, it has been so helpful. I have spent the last few hours reading all of your stories and reply's. I have my fingers crossed that I can get through this - and that it works.
I am going to buy the Clarisonic Pro tomorrow morning as well as some eye cream. And some type of light gentle moisturizer. I like to mix a little bit of moisturizer into my make up (when I apply it), which is not often. I rarely wear make up.
Thanks for all of your advice.
My face is so tight - I can barely open my mouth to eat, certain foods - especially evident when I eat bananas. Like seriously. This better improve soon, or I don't know if I can stick it out.
I am using the 0.1% - and I will now go to every other night, using it - as my Derm has stated.
I live in Calgary, Canada - it is SO dry here, so I think that adds to everything.
If there are any helpful tips of suggestions let me know.
Applying the product to my face is one of the most painful things I have to endure - and I do it to myself, twice a day. I could run around the house screaming because it hurts so much.
I want to thank you again for starting this site.
Robyn
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Debo, I'm glad someone else is using Lumiere as I'm new to it! Could you tell me if there is any noticeable difference you see between Obagi Elastiderm cream and Lumiere? Or do you think they are similar enough to not exhibit any differences? It's SO heartening to hear about your compliments on week 5, woohoo!!!! Something to hope for Pray

Bren21 is the daycream you are using the Journee SPF30? I received a few free trial packets of it with my Lumiere order and when I'm finished with the Obaji program was planning on using it. I'd love to hear any feedback on it - it seems to get great ratings everywhere (except for the price!).

Dianew, it took me a couple of months for my refund so be patient and definitely don't hold your breath Brick wall

Robynm, you are EXACTLY where I was on day 5 - wondering how on earth I could leave the house. I was a flaking lobster. Here is what really helped me:

1. I did the retin-a every other day for a few days, just like your derm recommended.... now I'm on every day and doing MUCH better. Like you, I'm in a very dry climate (Colorado).

2. In the morning and evenings, I put my face over a steaming bowl of water and used a soft "exfoliating face brush" to help slough off the dead skin... what a difference. I was still red but not flakey peeling NEARLY as much. Almost all the flaking went away over a period of 2 days doing this. If this didn't happen I'd probably have started to use a moisturizer, but it really helped. Hang in there... I'm at 2 weeks.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
DragonFlyte,
Thank you so much.
We are almost going through this together then. Colordo, yes, very similar climate.
I will try to do that - right now - to get this skin off my face. Did you do anything else for dryness?
Thank you so much.
I look forward to reading further about you progress - as you are about a week a head of me...going through very similar situation (results).
Have a great Monday.
RM
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |