Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Applying Liquid Foundation - Brush or Fingers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
When you say "brush" are you talking about painting on the foundation or stippiling?
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
honeychan wrote:
Hi there,

I've always been using fingers to apply my liquid foundation but I'm wondering if it's better to use a brush or sponge?

Is there a difference?

Thanks for your help! Smile

I always use a sponge, I think that gives the best result, easier to apply the right amount and more evenly(not sure how it spells). And I moist the sponge just a little bit with water before I apply the foundation. If you do so, the sponge don't suck up excessive foundation.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
When you say "brush" are you talking about painting on the foundation or stippiling?

I use a painting technique. Just be sure to use a proper foundation brush. Once you've tried it, you'll never go back to fingers again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I'm sorry to disagree with you. I have tried a number of times to use this technique to no avail. I must be doing something wrong: either it looks streaky or thick
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
The Beauty Blender sponge is excellent for apply liquid foundation. Its expensive but its really worth it, it really different then your standard sponges. It just give a much nicer finish.
I've read alot of people like a similar one by Sonia Kusak for about 1/2 the price.

definitely agreed with you

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Fingers work best, less waste

I don't like to use fingers because i have to wash my hands after applying

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
honeychan wrote:
Hi there,

I've always been using fingers to apply my liquid foundation but I'm wondering if it's better to use a brush or sponge?

Is there a difference?

Thanks for your help! Smile

i use finger too ,but i use sponge when i put loose powder to fix makeup.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use a stippiling brush?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I used to use fingers but since trying a stippling brush a few yesars ago I will never go back to fingers. You can get a more even, sheer application with a stippling brush.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
i am using a Mac brush for liquid foundation it really give u a different look when u compare to using ur fingers.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2019 6:54 am      Reply with quote
For me, when I use foundation I use my fingers to dab it in areas, but then the brush to kind of distribute it more evenly. I also use some of those modern sponges too for the same purpose and they work out great as well.

A make up artist once told me that rather than going for liquid foundations as we age, to instead go for powder. His reasoning made sense and I remember seeing Laura Hutton and her make up kit advert one time (which was all powders) and the befores and afters were pretty impressive.
Joanna Bertone
5% products discount

Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer to use my own hands.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I prefer to use a brush, it is more hygienic, provided you wash it regularly with anti bacterial soap.
the brush allows to spread the product well and to be homogeneous Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |