Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best product for toenail fungus?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
beetlebugs wrote:
Hi,

My manicurist also recommends Dr G's Clear Nail. I found it not bad, but you have to consistently apply it everyday to see results.

Where did you find the Dr G's Clear Nail?

I am in Canada.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Bethany, you are welcome. Believe it or not, as an FYI, after I was researching on oil of oregano, I came across a web site that sells oil of oregano with 93% cervacrol factor. I wonder if that one is effective.

I agree about the nasty taste and smell of oil of oregano. I hate the stuff, too. Now that the toenail turns out not to have fungus, I will put off eating this oil for now. Laughing

I bought a bottle of OoO and took it internally once. Only once...the taste stayed with me for hours.

I am currently using Vicks Vapor Rub on my toenail. It is working. I can try the OoO. I feel bad about an expensive bottle just sitting there.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that Vick's does work but anything for fungus takes consistency and time. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
beetlebugs wrote:
Hi,

My manicurist also recommends Dr G's Clear Nail. I found it not bad, but you have to consistently apply it everyday to see results.

Where did you find the Dr G's Clear Nail?

I am in Canada.

I was looking on the Sally Beauty site and saw the Dr. G products. Reasonably priced and I have a Sally's near work. (I am in there too often!)
tub`a`butter

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
i have lupus and i have a systemic nail infection on all my toes nails, they ALL fell off and would gorw back all white/yellow and flakey and lumpy and hard then the nail would come away agin with ease,
this has happened for the past 6 years since getting diagnosed,
ive used tea tree oil, vapor rub, cider vinegar, salt, prescription laquar
NOTHING WORKED AT ALL.

then last year septemer i started using hydrogen peroxide 3% from the chemist.

my nails started to grow back normally, ocationally having some flaking and yellowness but most of the nail is fresh and new, an none of the nails come off any more,

i now use 6% and i have managed to get back all of my nails i just have to grow them aboit longer on my big toes and second toes,
they are not clear like my finger nails but at least they are now there and i can paint them etc, im never going to stop the peroxide as it will come back and ruin my nails again

a foot dr told me that toe nail fungus and systemic infections can be treated the same way,
doctors tests tolds me my toenails contained no fungus,
if hydrogen peroxide can give me nails back then im sure it will work on every1, its a life saver,
this summer im planning to shop for sandels for the first time in 6 years, and ive got my heart set on some nice white nail varnish xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
tub a butter - how do you use the hydrogen peroxide? Apply to the nail only or soak the feet/toes? Do you use full strength or diluted with water?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been having success treating toenail fungus with manuca oil. I'm not very consistent, I don't remeber to put it on every night, but it is still working.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know how you apply the hydrogen peroxide, as well.

Jom, where do you get your manuca oil?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Riley almost any seller of essential oils will carry it. It's Manuka just to make finding it easier. Mountianroseherbs has it and I know their oils are reputable.

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/aroma/m-p.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Riley almost any seller of essential oils will carry it. It's Manuka just to make finding it easier. Mountianroseherbs has it and I know their oils are reputable.

Thanks, DM!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Thanks, DM!

You are welcome. Smile There are a lot of suppliers just figured you could check it out there, they are really good about quality and customer service. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I bought it from this etailer.

http://www.manukaoil.com/

It has an "interesting" scent. If I buy it again I might go for the unscented version.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, Jom It's New Zealand Tea Tree and interesting smell is being nice. Bad Grin They both have what I describe as a strong unpleasant odor but they really do the trick! LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Yep, Jom It's New Zealand Tea Tree and interesting smell is being nice. Bad Grin They both have what I describe as a strong unpleasant odor but they really do the trick! LOL

Yes, I just looked at that website again and they're actually calling it "low aroma" not unscented. I go to bed at night with that scent in my head! Laughing It is working though!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Yes, I just looked at that website again and they're actually calling it "low aroma" not unscented. I go to bed at night with that scent in my head! Laughing It is working though!

I feel for you both Tea Tree and Manuka basically sort of stink, but I have gotten used to it pretty much because they work on a multitude of boo boo's. Rolling Eyes Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I did some research a couple months back for something for my thick nails and found Manuka oil the best for clearing up whatever was in them.

I had thought it was damage from psoriasis I had in my youth and in reading about psoriasis, it was said that a fungus is related to it.

So, I tried various OTC fungal remedies (5 of them). Then I tried Manuka and THAT is doing the job.

I also had dried, cracking skin on my feet and fingers and the Manuka is clearing up that problem too (it must've been a lingering fungus all over the place - but a minor one, since I never had anything besides *dry* skin that would crack occasionally/no 'rash' or itch).

After 4 wks of using the Manuka, my skin is smoother and my nails are clear. I had 2 toenails involved and they no longer have the thick crust underneath.

I used 100% manuka oil. I am contacting mountainroseherbs to see if the one they carry is 100%. It needs to be for a fungus.

Now that I have healthy skin near my fingernails that is no longer dry and cracking, my fingernails are growing out as well. They usually get about 7 or 8 mm before I trim them and they have a nice, healthy white color to the ends - no need for a 'French' manicure. I also use Skin Biology's Nail Peptide on them regularly. The combo can't be beat for long, strong nails. (This is from someone who use to have splitting, peeling, fragile nails)

I plan on using the oil for another month or so. It's done a great job in the last month and I hope it will clear up completely soon. I've had this for such a long time thinking it was nothing other than 'dry' skin. I actually don't *need* moisturizers anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I did some research a couple months back for something for my thick nails and found Manuka oil the best for clearing up whatever was in them.

I had thought it was damage from psoriasis I had in my youth and in reading about psoriasis, it was said that a fungus is related to it.

So, I tried various OTC fungal remedies (5 of them). Then I tried Manuka and THAT is doing the job.

I also had dried, cracking skin on my feet and fingers and the Manuka is clearing up that problem too (it must've been a lingering fungus all over the place - but a minor one, since I never had anything besides *dry* skin that would crack occasionally/no 'rash' or itch).

After 4 wks of using the Manuka, my skin is smoother and my nails are clear. I had 2 toenails involved and they no longer have the thick crust underneath.

I used 100% manuka oil. I am contacting mountainroseherbs to see if the one they carry is 100%. It needs to be for a fungus.

Now that I have healthy skin near my fingernails that is no longer dry and cracking, my fingernails are growing out as well. They usually get about 7 or 8 mm before I trim them and they have a nice, healthy white color to the ends - no need for a 'French' manicure. I also use Skin Biology's Nail Peptide on them regularly. The combo can't be beat for long, strong nails. (This is from someone who use to have splitting, peeling, fragile nails)

I plan on using the oil for another month or so. It's done a great job in the last month and I hope it will clear up completely soon. I've had this for such a long time thinking it was nonething other than 'dry' skin. I actually don't *need* moisturizers anymore.

YAY!!! Very Happy I love a great success story! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,

That's great it has worked so well, but not surprising! I have read the Manuka is much more effective than Tea Tree Oil which is great for many things. I think if you check the link in MRH it's pure essential oil and that would be 100%. Their essential oils are certified organic, wildcrafted ect. ect. Smile

Thu May 06, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
oh wow i didnt know thee were any replys,

anyway i file the nail and just apply neet with a cotton bud, try to avoid skin because it will turn dead skin white ,
it puts oxygen in the nail killing the bacteria that feed off the warm moist dark nooks and crannys, its amazing stuff

AND it cost my £0.74p for a 200ml bottle
i bought 2 of the 3% at the chemist and the 6% online

i nearly have a FULL set of nails, ive just got to wait for my big toes , but ive still put nail varnish on them , 6 years without nail varnish lol.. its such a nice feeling

Thu May 06, 2010 4:38 am      Reply with quote
appletini,

i often soak my nails just to sofen the skin but its great for softening the nails so the hydrogen peroxide soaks in better when u apply it,... ive only put it in the water once, i may do it again today with some oats or salt
when im having a toe day i take my time and use cotton buds, but when im in a rush i use a dollop of cotton wool, but often end up with white fingers n toe when i do that

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Foxe, that is great that you have had results with manuka. I definitely will give that a try! If you hear from moutainroseherbs that they carry 100%, would you please report back? That was the site I was going to order from.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Wow, Foxe, that is great that you have had results with manuka. I definitely will give that a try! If you hear from moutainroseherbs that they carry 100%, would you please report back? That was the site I was going to order from.

OK I went straight to the source for you both I called the toll free number, and all the essential oils that Mountain Rose Herbs carries are 100% pure including the Manuka. They have a separate section with fragrance oils which are blends. So yes the Manuka is 100% Manuka essential oil nothing else added. Very Happy

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

OK I went straight to the source for you both I called the toll free number, and all the essential oils that Mountain Rose Herbs carries are 100% pure including the Manuka. They have a separate section with fragrance oils which are blends. So yes the Manuka is 100% Manuka essential oil nothing else added. Very Happy

HTH

Great. Thanks for doing that, DM. Off to order. Maybe I will get pretty toenails again, at least enough to wear some sandals for a change!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
No problem Riley, I was pretty sure with any reputable seller all essential oils are pure unless they state it's a blend. I had them send me a new catalog while I was at it (Uh Oh more temptation) Smile

Good Luck with your toenails! I am sure it will do the trick! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM for letting me know that mountainroseherbs Manuka oil is 100%. I also see that they have Tamanu which I have wanted to reorder and it would be nice to get them both from the same reseller (save on S&H!)

The really nice thing about how my nails and skin near them are doing is that a manicure or pedicure will last more than a week now. The finish stays without chipping or peeling as much as it use to before I started to treat them with the Manuka and Nail Peptide together. I had used just the Nail Peptide by itself for quite a while with good results, but getting the skin in a healthier condition (sans the fungus/dry, cracked skin) has been the ticket to a great look! Dancing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |