Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What is the best product for toenail fungus?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jm44

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had toenail fungus about 1 1/2 years ago and went to see a naturopath who told me to mix equal parts of tea tree oil and olive oil (carrier oil) and apply to toes 2 to 3 times daily until it grows out. This did really work but eventually I purchased the pre-made mixture off ebay because it had a brush which made it easier to apply and was very cheap. You apply it on, around and under the toenail. I also filed the nail weekly or fortnightly to thin the nail a bit so the mixture could penetrate easily.
annalynrose

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:07 am      Reply with quote
According to a recent US study, Tropical Cream are more effective solution to remove fungus on nails/toenails. Followed by Extract Oil Form and Powder Type. The Best Product for Toenail Fungus is Zerofungus, a tropical cream that effective as toenail fungus and athletes foot treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Fungi-Nail at CVS and it seems to be working. The only solution is time, waiting for your fingernail to grow out. I don't know why I constantly get fungus on the same finger. It's my right ring finger. My right big toe has it now as well, but only in a corner. The Fungi-Nail has stopped it spreading. I like the concealer pen type shape with a brush on the end. Very easy to apply.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=fungi-nail&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13627288108047557830&sa=X&ei=u4QHTvaRJ6rjiALc7IGyDQ&ved=0CGYQ8wIwAQ
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I like Zetaclear, I think this is the very nice product. I regularly use this product. Zetaclear is one of the most popular nail fungus cures today.
It is effective for the vast majority of people that use it. The reason it works is that it uses tea tree oil, and therefore is 100% natural.
amandaM
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
A mixture of tea tree oil, olive oil, and thyme oil is a good home remedy for nail fungus. I have done this the last time I had this problem. After I apply the mixture I scrub it gently after 15 minutes. I did it everyday until it was totally cured.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried many things mentioned here, but my toenail fungus continued to worsen. I tried tea tree oil, vicks, fungi-cure, hydrogen peroxide, etc.

Finally I went to the dermatologist, who cut my nail (half of it was already detached from the nail bed) and prescribed me Lamasil. In the U.S. you can get this at Walmart for $4 with a prescription. I'm on my third month (you take it for 3) and my nail coming in is finally clear.

The doctor did not say anything about getting rid of shoes. He said the Lamasil will cure it but it could take up to a year for my nail to grow back.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with seabliss, I tried everything but had to go to my family doctor. He prescribed Lamasil. I also took it for three months. Hated to do it, but I couldn't wear some of my shoes.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I had toenail fungus twice. First time after I had my nails done in Thailand. I got it a second time painting my nails myself. I'm guessing it's a fungus. Certain nails turn white and start to flake if I happen to have the polish on for a couple of weeks. It happens only to my toe nails. At first I tried tea tree oil and subsequently realised that it just grows out with the nail and gets snipped off and doesn't get worse without treatment.
angeladv

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
For a long time struggling with nail fungus. The only thing that I understood - only helps personal hygiene! If it is not met (for example, to wash with soap after going to the pool) then you will always nail fungus! I found a lot of information on this site: blacktoenailtreatment. com
Fun Guy

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Someone mentioned earlier that cutting the nail 'waaaaaay back' is effective, possibly in conjunction with other interventions. I have had mildly infected finger nails in the past and cutting the nail back as far as possible and keeping it there (daily cutting) always restores the nail to normality after about 3 weeks of this. I really try to cut as much of the infected nail out as I can handle, I think this is important.

I've also got an infection in both big toe nails; had this for about 2 years. Wouldn't call it severe, bit worse than mild. The only thing I've tried was 'Excilor' (pens). Interestingly Excilor was working wonders from the outset, this was quickly evident and had both nails about 2 weeks from being totally clear after about 4 months (maybe a bit longer) of use. Unfortunately, a bout of athletes foot got in the way, the Excilor stopped working and both nails regressed back to their previous state quite rapidly. Strangely, even after I treated and cleared the athletes foot, Excilor has been ineffective ever since.

Anyway, the fact that cutting the nail right back has been effective on finger nails only recently registered in my mind. I have since been cutting toe nails right back (and keeping them there) for a few weeks and, I have to say, the nails are looking better; particularly one. I am also going to give the Tea Tree Oil a try. Got a feeling this combination will work. I'll post again to update...
StaceFace

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,

I read into this thread and learned a lot, I've never actually tried using vicks vapor rub but I wouldn't recommend using products for their unintended uses. It seems to me that the active ingredients people think work the best are tea tree oil and undecylenic acid at different levels.

I found a chart at toenailfungusreviews.org that shows what ingredients are in which brands mentioned on this message board (tea tree oil, undecylenic acid, camphor, tolfentate, oregano, etc.)that I thought would help people wavering between which treatment might work for them. Most of the brands mentioned here have been covered and all contain the same active ingredients along with a load of other scented stuff. Buy into ingredients, not brands. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
1 part Clorox to 9 parts hot water. Soak (toes) 10 minutes and rinse. Two or three treatments might be necessary.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Staceface, your two comments contradict one another.

If one looks at ingredients, not brands, then one finds one can use a product not 'for its intended use'.

You could substitute the word "marketed" for the word "intended" to grasp this point.
rabbitlover1811
5% products discount

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have used OoO and found it really good for nail fungus. I did a lot of research for a cure because I was really distressed after finding I had contracted the fungus on my big toe after a pedicure at a salon. I knew nothing would be a quick fix and heard so many horror stories of people having not being able to get rid of it for years! Shock Anyway I came across a product that had amazing feedback on ebay and amazon so thought id give it a try, its called "Nail Nectar" one of the main things it does is changes the ph balance of the nail making the fungus hard to live on. It only costs 6 pounds for 25ml. which lasts for months.Its guaranteed as well or money refunded. I noticed a difference right away and watched with bated breath as the new nail grew in healthy and pink. It has taken 8 months but the fungus is now just a the very top of the nail. I will be able to cut it off in about 4 weeks! Smile will update and if anyone wants a pic id be happy to post one. forgot to say my nail was really bad for a year and started to lift from the nail bed. I am just hoping it doesnt come back though that will be the real test.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a Canadian website that talks about nail fungus.

http://nailfungus.ca/?utm_source=TIPContest1&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=English

What is OoO?

5% products discount

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 said "what is OoO"

I`m sorry, it stands for Oil of Origano I get a bit lazy at times when typing. I feel I should update because I think I am noticing my almost cured nail getting a bit worse! I am still using nail nectar but run out of it for 2 days and my fungus has gotten bigger. that shouldn`t happen so quickly should it? I don`t know now if the product is so great after all! I am so sick of this horrible infection that`s so hard to treat I will update if i manage to get rid it completely.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
All I could think of was Oil of Olay (OoO) and I knew that this could not be right!

I did try Oil of Oregano. The smell is strong but not offensive such as Neem. I probably should have diluted this; I did not. It burned the cuticle.

If I try again I am thinking of a 50/50 mix with a plain oil.

Mon May 23, 2016 12:12 am      Reply with quote
One should always first try to apply some home remedies to get rid of toenail fungus. If they still go through this issue then they can opt for toenail fungus curing and preventing products. My aunt found Zetaclear when she was suffering from this fungus. It really worked and so I would like to suggest you the same for getting rid of toenail fungus. Follow the link below to more about this product:
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2016 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I can't remember where I read it but one beauty blogger said that she used a mouthwash in a bowl of water and soaked her feet. Her thoughts were that if it kills bacteria in the mouth, it could do the same for nails and she said she saw a difference within a short space of time. Another person recommended that with toenail fungus taking zinc supplements helped clear it too.
gorgmorg

Mon May 23, 2016 5:20 am      Reply with quote
A good priest Smile
CassieLyons
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2016 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and tea tree oil all help. You could also soak in epsom salt and add the acv or tea tree oil to it then moisturize with the coconut oil.
beautybabe19

Wed May 25, 2016 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Best cure for fungus is natural volcanic Sulfur Soap 10%. My Dermatologist recommended Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur Soap to clear all fungus, Dermatitis, Tinea Versicolor, Rosacea, acne and bacteria. Just leave on problem area for a few minutes, wash off with warm water. Results work great, give it a try! Smile
erik11

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Zeta Clear has all the specific ingredients needed to clear up nail fungus, that’s pretty much a proven fact based on all of the positive testimonials sent in by the multitude of satisfied customers who use the product. Zetaclear refers to a natural 2-step system developed to treat nail fungus infection. When used according to the manufacturer’s directions, not only will it treat the active nail fungus but it will also prevent any future infections. Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy

visit : curetoenailfungus.info
AallyWilson

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Firstly, you should coconut oil.
You can also use tea tree oil and baking soda with vinegar.
If you are not getting effective relief from home remedies then you should try Nailon Ciclopirox, it will definitely treat fungal infection of toe nail.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Gehwol Med oil sold here does work!

I had a problem after getting a cut on my finger and getting a lot of blood under my nail.

If you also soak your nails in denture tablets, they are antibacterial and also works to get rid of stains on your nails or hands.

-I had some ink stains from the newspaper and just washing my hands 10+ times and using alcohol and cleaning stuff did not work well to get the ink off my hands.

If you take the denture tablet and just use it as a nail mask and also rub it on your hands as a scrub it works great to get rid of paint on your hands also!

But do not soak your nails too long, it can make them weak also.

-some of my nail polish seems to stain my hands when I remove it- esp these metalic, matte glitter kind of polish
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |