Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hemp Oil saved my skin! *Long*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
SandraD, those of us using castor oil with the hempseed oil are using it as a way of cleansing our skin. It's called OCM which stands for oil cleansing method. Here are two links that will tell you all about it.

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077

Thanks, but I already knew about OCM. I have been using it, I don't get why you thought I was asking about what it means. Laughing No worries! But anyway, I just wondered if I should use the castor oil to cleanse, then the HSO to cleanse, or if I should combine them in one container. Also, if so, do I refrigerate bc of the HSO?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sandra, I thought you didn't know what OCM is because with OCM, you mix the oils and you were using them separately. The two links I included explain how to combine the castor oil with other oils like HSO and EVOO to make the OCM blend that is right for your skin type. Cleansing with straight castor oil is not recommended because it is too drying.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
WOW
Thanks for sharing vonstella
I too have fair oily skin with large pores
On my way to get a good bottle of cold pressed hemp oil soon Very Happy
girlsaidwhat
5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fair, oily with congested pores too, and ...well, I'm getting this oil /today/. I really am such a lemming!!

If I made a list of all the things I've bought/tried because of this forum, it'd probably make me a little nauseous. ; )

Can't wait to try this one!!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:
Vonstella, this was a fabulous review and has definitely piqued my interest - I currently love emu oil because it absorbs so well and has a "dry" finish, but I've always hoped to find a plant oil with those properties ... the only drawback I see is the refrigeration issue but nothing is ever perfect!

Iherb has the Nutiva organic hemp oil (24 oz) for a very good price and says to use within 12 weeks of opening but that freezing extends shelf life. I wonder if one could freeze half of it and how much longer it'd remain "good."

Of course, hemp oil can be taken internally for health benefits, and used externally as a body moisturizer as well as on the face - so it may not be so difficult to use up within that time period.

Is EMU oil like from the actual bird?
I have not tried it just because I keep thinking of "chicken fat" or fat from birds and donot want to shather than on me much?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Sounds interesting!
I never thought of putting Hemp oil on my face.

But last year I bought a sampler of Nutiva hemp products- it was some protein bars and powders in single servings.
Shiping was free in t h e US and it was around $10-15? for the items.

I totally forgot about the protein powders and shakes and actually need liquid foods for another week.
I'll try and post how the shakes taste.
I have the organic hemp protein powder drink mix,hemp proteinpowder random sample?,chocolate hemp shake,aciai hemp s hake,berry pomegranate hemp shake.

I remember there was also some hemp bars by nutiva and those were good too!
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I've only been lurking around here for the past month or so, but I figured if I'm going to try and get my newly congested skin back under control I might as well start experimenting with the inexpensive "treatments" before diving right into the pricier options. After discovering the OCM here I started using an EVOO/CO blend with the occasional addition of TTO or lavender and it was doing a decent job at unclogging my pores. When I read this post last week I went out and bought myself some hemp oil to try and I have to say that it seems to be making a difference. I have added it into my OCM mix and am also using it as a moisturizer at night. I don't think I've been using it long enough to get a completely true opinion on it, but if things keep going like they have been, I think I've found a very efficient and inexpensive solution to my blackhead and acne problems. Very Happy I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that out loud...
marshies

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been lurking on EDS for about a year or so and have only recently started posting.
I tried the hemp oil last winter and found it to feel like jojoba. I didn't notice any obvious improvements or worsening of my many many blackheads. Though the real problem I have with this oil is how perishable it is. I had to eat many a spoonfuls to get rid of it in time.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 am      Reply with quote
marshies wrote:
Though the real problem I have with this oil is how perishable it is. I had to eat many a spoonfuls to get rid of it in time.

I keep mine in the freezer and it seems to be fine

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Can I just add, my olive oil 'expert' brother in law said that oil put in the freezer will perish even quicker when taken out.
I guess if the oil put in the freezer is in small quick-to-use amounts then this is a good way of keeping it.

BTW as an experiment, I've had my HSO in a bathroom cupboard since March to see what happens. It doesn't smell as grassy but it's certainly not rancid. I haven't been using it so I can't vouch for its effectiveness though (although I can vouch for the return of my nasal white heads). Sad
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, Have any of you ever used Hemp oil on a very fresh, sizeable scar? Thank you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Can I just add, my olive oil 'expert' brother in law said that oil put in the freezer will perish even quicker when taken out.
I guess if the oil put in the freezer is in small quick-to-use amounts then this is a good way of keeping it.

Interesting. I wonder why that happens? I've mainly avoided any problems with less that fresh oil by buying it in small quantities. More expensive that way, but better that being left with rancid oil.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to throw in with the rest of those that have found Hemp seed oil to be a grand addition to the skin. Mine is oily as well and prone to breaking out. Crying or Very sad

Started playing with serums, HSO with Grapeseed oil with Vit E, Vit A +Frankincense and Myrrh EO's, shortly there [2-3 weeks] after the dark circles under my eyes were not there.

Will add HSO to the CO/EVOO mix next around. Thank you for the information about it removing gunge from the face even more effectively. Trying to wean myself off Retin A and go "natural" as possible.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DagoN - Many of us do both: Doing it the natural way and we still use Retin-A. Raising my hand here. I just don't want a bunch of chemicals and preservatives on my face. Retin-A I'm okay with.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Sister sweets...then I will continue with the Retin A at night and thank my lucky stars it is relatively cheap here compared to some of the prices in the USA and I don't need a prescription...just pick it off the shelf.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm glad I found this thread as I am currently looking for the perfect oil for my dry, acne-prone skin Very Happy

Just a quick question, is this the one you use, vonstella?

http://store.nutiva.com/cold-pressed-hemp-oil/

Do you still use it?

And I read somewhere in this thread that I shouldn't order online, as the HSO needs to refrigerated? I can't find it at my local whole foods and that's the only health store close to me Sad
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the multiple posts, guys. Our internet is very dodgy these days Rolling Eyes
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try and track some down as well, I have dry skin and thought I was going to have to live with blackheads.
Can't wait to try this and be rid of them Very Happy
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am scared to use this on my face but intrigued as well since you have had really good results. Coconut oil and Jojoba oil both break me out. Hemp seed has different properties, so I think it's worth a try. I wouldn't doubt its great for inflammation due to the high EFA's.

I'm going to scope this out first at my health food store, see if they have any. Thanks!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, yeah, spending $200 is really intense for a skincare product...

for me...I figure at 3 sprays a day (which i've been using up to now) the product would last me 10 months..but now that the weather is drier i'm using 4 sprays a day (which would still last me something like 7& 1/2 months or so)...but i might need to increase the number of sprays as the weather gets really cold

so now i think i'm also going to combine the ASG with the AS to experiment.

meanwhile, i am loving this product more and more as time goes by.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
OH my,how embarassing.. i am sooo tired and i just posted in the wrong thread! but i do love hemp oil...and still use it periodically..but not as often as i did a few years ago.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this information. I've been using OCM for the past couple months and my skin looks good and is so low-maintenance that I rarely think about it. I am going to try the HSO to see if I can get rid of some of the more persistent blackheads and see if it stops the whiteheads I get after I do my wash. They are fairly harmless but annoy me all the same.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:22 am      Reply with quote
I stopped using my HSO in March and by April my nasal whiteheads had returned (how lovely!). I was once again plucking, squeezing and scraping them out from the sides of my nose every two days.

In September I began using HSO again at night, and guess what, they've now disappeared.

The only side-effect for me is that I cannot use the oil and do my beloved Tanaka massage. I started Tanaka again in March hence dropping the oil but after one week of tentatively trying both in Sept (but not together, hemp pm, tanaka am), I started getting the small spots again. I have no idea why the two have this reaction on my skin but it's certainly nice to be rid of the whiteheads at the moment.
Synthetica

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I stumbled onto this thread very recently and I've been using the Hemp oil to cleanse and moisturise for a week now and the improvement is dramatic! My skin was good before from oil cleansing with Olive oil, but just switching to Hemp oil and using it as moisturiser has really changed my skin. So thanks to vonstella for starting the thread and to This is Miranda for keeping the information flowing. I've also taken up the Tanaka massage and I love it!

Very Happy Cynthia

"Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all." -Principal Seymour Skinner, The Simpsons
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
omg such a long post!
Does it help clear up acne or is it purely for moisturizing benefits? Or will it irritate acne?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |