Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hemp Oil saved my skin! *Long*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Vonstella and ok333- do you take the nutiva oil straight from the bottle or do you mix it up? What amount do you take internally? I saw you could mix it with Barley greens in one of the links.

hey sis - haven't really added it as a supplement or anything, but as what i got is food grade... & i get quite a bit in my palm no matter how lightly i squeeze... well sometimes i just lick up the extra Shock sorry if that's tmi!
ps. vonstella: the "cat's butt" description is perfect & it cracked me up... we must have the same brand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I so know what you mean, I bought it a while back to try as it's wonderous, but me too - I can't stand the smell. Even if you use it in a blend of other oils, you can still smell it very strong. So I ditched my wheatgerm and ended up making soap with it.

I am debating whether I should get the regular or organic Hemp... I might try it together with Avocado.
Minimunny
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:

yes, here is one with SPF15
http://shop.azida.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=12

and here with SPF15 or 30:
http://www.yaoh.co.uk/catalog/bodycare-suncare-c-21_32.html

and here a few more brands:
http://www.balmworks.com/burt/sunscreen.html

http://www.badgerbalm.com/p-372-spf-30-for-face-body.aspx

http://www.burnoutsun.com/

I would have to compare all the ingredients with each brand, because one I saw contained aluminium (which isn't good).

Kandy, there are also chemical sunscreens in the products, so they are not all organic. You can get a good organic product with only mineral sunscreen and either add the hemp oil or use it first and then the sunscreen. I'm going to try Kimberley Sayers with hemp oil. I'm going to let you know how it works when I get it.
Minimunny
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Anyone found out yet if there is a difference between hemp oil and hemp seed oil? Thanks!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, Just got my hemp oil from iherb. I've already opened and taken a hit. Man, it tastes sooooo oily! (imagine that Laughing ). I will use some on my face tonight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Minimunny,
From what I've been able to find out, they're the same thing...still digging mine! Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 am      Reply with quote
fab50, thank you!
I got my oil on Saturday (from the local wholefood market) but have been reluctant to try it so far, even though I was so desperate to give it a shot! I just started to use two new products and think it might be too much for my skin. Maybe I use it on my body first and take it internally.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'll pick up a bottle of this for sure at some point. After all if it doesn't help my skin when applied I can always take it internally!
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I just bought some hemp oil and used it in my OCM (50% castor; 50% hemp). I have to say, it's the ONLY oil (and I used 'em all) that made a difference with blackhead removal on my nose. After massaging a few minutes, I felt the blackheads dislodging (not all - but it's early days yet). This morning, I added a few drops of hemp oil (Mumm's - it's bright green) to some rosewater and used it as a moisturizer. So far - so good. Thank you so much for recommending this oil!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
it's not often I go out and just buy something based on a post here, but I did yesterday and I am so glad I did. I used it as a hair mask and my hair is baby soft. my skin is so supple and comfortable I love it!

Thank you!

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to weigh in and say I went and got some too, V, and, can say it works well for my excema prone skin. As an aside, I tried using it as a sort of deodorant on a whim, and found it is surprisingly effective.
1peggysd

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the Hemp Review! I can't wait to try it! I have many of the issues that you describe. About a month ago I started getting obsessed with extracting the blackheads around my nose & now I have a mess! Gosh... I have never been a picker until I bought a 15x mirror (biggest mistake ever). My H is getting p*ssed because now I have a huge red patch on my forehead & nose is like leather. I have never had acne or any sort of spots on my face until I got that damn mirror. Always had the blackhead issue but I would zap them & that would be it for awhile.
Anyway..I love my hemp lotion & body butter it goes on so smooth & is not greasy at all... I read that Hemp is a dry oil but I never thought to use Hemp oil for my face. Last week I used Jojoba mixed with tea tree & I have a bunch of hard bumps on my forehead. I am pretty sure it is from the jojoba... so that doesn't work for me either. I usually mix squalene oil & HA before my lotion. I don't want to stop using the HA so I think I will subsitute the Hemp for the squalene & see what happens. I can't wait to try this! Thanks again for all the info! I'll post back soon.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Currently I take a tablespoon of fish and flax oil a day, do you think it would be overkill to add the hemp oil? I wouldn't mind completely substituting the flax for hemp because the taste of flax is less than pleasant, but flax has lignans that hemp does not.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Sounds really good. My friend just gave me PUKKA cold-pressed hemp oil, I would like to try it for skin care in the evening.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased Ruth's Organic Hemp oil and have enjoyed using it for makeup removal. I found that if when I take it (1 tablespoon per day in a smoothie) - my ovaries become stimulated. Since I've not had a period in several years, I tried to research this and could only find that it helps to regulate menstrual cycles & enhances fertility...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I read this thread a few days ago - bought the oil and then just skimmed it again.

I just want to make sure Hemp seed oil Unrefined is ok to apply to the face by itself?

And to take internally with nothing added.

Everyday???

THANKS
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I have tried nearly every oil from Emu to Jojoba to sweet almond to EV coconut, while they might have helped a bit they never fully sank in and left my already oily skin even oilier(although I do like jojoba for my hair and coconut for massage).

Vonstella--LOVED your review!! Thank you so much! I am also into natural oils for the skin. My favorite so far are sea buckthorn, rosehip seed, and avocado oils, followed by olive oil. I tried hemp oil very briefly, but admittedly not for long enough to notice a difference. But I do plan to try it again. But I was wondering: when you say you "tried nearly every oil from Emu to Jojoba", I am curious: exactly which oils have you tried and how would you rate each of them? Thanks so much in advance Smile

zverenok wrote:
Any oil is best absorbed on a wet skin....

zverenok--I've noticed that if I apply water before applying oil to my skin, my skin is more hydrated the next day...but are you saying you notice that the water actually increases or speeds up oil absorption?? Thanks so much! Smile

Bessie wrote:
I just bought some hemp oil and used it in my OCM (50% castor; 50% hemp). I have to say, it's the ONLY oil (and I used 'em all) that made a difference with blackhead removal on my nose. After massaging a few minutes, I felt the blackheads dislodging (not all - but it's early days yet).

Bessie--I'm curious: What other oils have you tried and had not as good results with? have you tried olive oil, jojoba, and sunflower oil? Thanks so much! Smile

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I read this thread a few days ago - bought the oil and then just skimmed it again.

I just want to make sure Hemp seed oil Unrefined is ok to apply to the face by itself?

And to take internally with nothing added.

Everyday???

THANKS

For internal use, I use the hemp seed oil as I would flax oil. Is that what you mean?
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I mean do you just pour the oil onto a spoon and swallow it?? Smile With nothing added to it?

And do you do so daily.

THANKS!!!
havana8

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I mean do you just pour the oil onto a spoon and swallow it?? Smile With nothing added to it?

And do you do so daily.

THANKS!!!

I can't take any oil on a spoon Laughing so for me, I may add it to my morning cereal with chia and yogurt. Or I may add it to a chick pea or other salad as part hemp (or flax) with part olive oil. I basically just look for opportunities to add it into what I am already eating sometimes splitting it between meals. I do take either flax seed or hemp oil daily. HTHs.
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi cm5597!

In reply to your question on what oils I used for OCM, I started using an olive oil/castor oil blend. My results weren't encouraging, so I changed the olive oil to various individual oils (grapeseed, sesame, sunflower, safflower, almond, hazelnut, jojoba, macadamia, rice bran, flax seed, coconut and avocado - I think that's it . . .). I had the best results from castor oil with avocado. Then I started using combinations of oils to mix with the castor oil (had to start using up all those bottles of oil!). However, when I read Vonstella's account about hempseed oil, I just had to give it a try and it's a winner for me. So now I just use castor oil/hemp oil in a 50/50 blend. It's made a big difference - softer, smoother skin, smaller looking pores, less flakiness, removes most of my blackheads, softens my wrinkles (mind you, it will take more than any oil to remove my wrinkles completely!). I don't know why the other oils weren't as effective. Hope this helps Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bessie! Thanks so much! It's always so helpful to hear what works and doesn't work for others. I, too, love avocado oil, but now I'm very curious and excited about comparing it to hemp oil. Thanks so much again; I really appreciate it! Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to see this thread is alive and well and just in time for me! I'm just diving into OCM and because of all the positive reports on oily skin I am going to get some hempseed and add to castor oil or mix it up with Jojoba and see what tends to turn out best for me. And maybe I'll just knock some back while I'm at it!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a bottle of Hemp Seed oil from GoW. I broke out in eczema after using it. I'm very sure its the hemp seed because I haven't changed my skincare routine at all. And i used the hemp seed for 3 days and the eczema just kept getting worse. Now that I've stopped for a day, my skin is improving.

Guess hemp seed oil doesn't work for everyone
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to a tip (somewhere from someone) I found this thread.
I bought my hemp seed oil last week and my take on it is that it's brilliant.
My skin has been a mess since April when I started using AHA and glycolic creams (which I've stopped a month ago) and Retin-a 0.1%. The oil has stopped the flaky-ness and my skin glows - even the day after using the Retin-a. I use it every morning with my vaculift (small amount) then use moisturizer on top. And I slather it on every night (except the two nights a week I use the Retin-a). It's great for the neck, hair, nails - I love it.
My skin is combination with oily T-zone and then the extreme opposite with eczema on my cheekbones but with this oil I haven't had a problem.
BTW I tried my family own-made EVOO and then avocado oil but they didn't have any positive effect on my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |