Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Can you share what do you use after rolling? DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
There are many discussion, and would you share what do you use?

Here are my steps:
1. Cleanse my face
2. Apply toner
3. Roll
4. Apply Retin A

I have been doing the above for a month, using Dr. Roller 0.25mm every night, and 0.5 mm 2-3 times/week.

I have seen some spa is doing:

1. Roll
2. Serum
3. Mask

I don't understand why they have to cover the face with mask after applying serum?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I haven't started dermarolling yet but this is what I will do right after rolling, based on the protocol by Dr. Fernandes et al published in : Plast.Reconstr. Surg. 121: 1421, 2008

- Wash the face thoroughly with cold saline solution
- Apply gauze soaked in cold saline to absorbe any blood and ooze.

- After oozing stops, apply Acell, Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A) and Ascorbic tetraisopalmitate (vitamin C) + Vitamin E, in a solution made of jojoba oil, squalene, and macadamia nut oil. I chose this solution because its close to human sebum composition.

The reason I'm not using Ascorbic acid for Vitamin C is because there have been some cases reported of tissue necrosis after its use. And the reason I'm not using Tretinoin (RetinA) for Vitamin A is because it's too much of an irritant and I want to keep my inflammation controlled (I don't want to end up getting postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, or scar collagen) and I am somewhat worried about systemic absorption of tretinoin.

- One hour (or more) after that, I will put a very diluted copper peptide serum. I still don't know the exact concentration I will use because I haven't asked yet.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Also... I piece of (unsolicited) advise. I think you are rolling WAY too frequently.

I don't think there's absolutely any doctor out there that would recommend 0.25mm every day or 0.5mm twice per week.

By rolling so frequently, you are causing a lot of inflammation on the skin. It might look good now, because the inflammation "plumps" the skin and makes uneven tone less apparent, but in the long run the skin will actually age faster and you may end up with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
- After oozing stops, apply Acell, Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A) and Ascorbic tetraisopalmitate (vitamin C) + Vitamin E, in a solution made of jojoba oil, squalene, and macadamia nut oil. I chose this solution because its close to human sebum composition.

Josee, what is Acell?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Josee wrote:

Josee, what is Acell?

Acell's MatriStem is a powder that serves as extracellular matrix and promotes wound reparation as opposed to scarring. It has shown great promise in tissue reparation (there was a very famous case of a finger reparation using Acell powder. Here's the website: http://www.acell.com/wound_care.html

I don't really know of anyone who has used MatriStem after rolling but I thought I should give it a try. I don't know how well it will work though because I can only apply it once right after rolling (after the holes close, it won't penetrate the skin). I'm very tempted to do my own "half face" trial Smile

Anecdotally, I have used it 4 times after a C-section and the difference in the scar was really noticeable.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Acell's MatriStem is a powder that serves as extracellular matrix and promotes wound reparation as opposed to scarring. It has shown great promise in tissue reparation (there was a very famous case of a finger reparation using Acell powder. Here's the website: http://www.acell.com/wound_care.html

I don't really know of anyone who has used MatriStem after rolling but I thought I should give it a try. I don't know how well it will work though because I can only apply it once right after rolling (after the holes close, it won't penetrate the skin). I'm very tempted to do my own "half face" trial Smile

Anecdotally, I have used it 4 times after a C-section and the difference in the scar was really noticeable.

Thanks, Josee. I'll have to look that product up. It certainly sounds interesting. Are you a nurse by chance, or something else in the medical field?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Thanks, Josee. I'll have to look that product up. It certainly sounds interesting. Are you a nurse by chance, or something else in the medical field?

Yes, it seems interesting though there are still not a lot of reports out there. As far as I know, it started being available only last year for clinical use.

I'm an OB-GYN (aka gynecologist) currently on pseudo-vacation (I'm writing some research papers), hence all the posting Smile

All the best,
Josee

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Yes, it seems interesting though there are still not a lot of reports out there. As far as I know, it started being available only last year for clinical use.

I'm an OB-GYN (aka gynecologist) currently on pseudo-vacation (I'm writing some research papers), hence all the posting Smile

All the best,
Josee

So you're a doctor! I do medical transcription and can usually pick up when someone has medical knowledge. I figured you worked in the medical field, but I didn't think doctor. I hope you continue to post, as I am sure you have a lot of info you could pass on to us!
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
And the reason I'm not using Tretinoin (RetinA) for Vitamin A is because it's too much of an irritant and I want to keep my inflammation controlled (I don't want to end up getting postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, or scar collagen) and I am somewhat worried about systemic absorption of tretinoin.

Hi, I'm so glad to see someone else on the board who is concerned about systemic absorption of tretinoin related to dermarolling. When I raised the issue on the Dermarolling thread, I was dismissed as a "worrier." Anyway,my protocol and a link to my hand pics is at the end of the thread titled Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Hi, I'm so glad to see someone else on the board who is concerned about systemic absorption of tretinoin related to dermarolling.

I also shared your concern, tessera, and still do. Also, my other concern is that some of these products were never meant to go deep into the skin and we don't know what effects that will have in the future, either.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I also shared your concern, tessera, and still do. Also, my other concern is that some of these products were never meant to go deep into the skin and we don't know what effects that will have in the future, either.

That's right, I forgot you were also concerned. Embarassed Sorry! (Menopausal memory moment.) I agree about the lack of information regarding the effects of super-penetration of products never intended to reach that level. I only use the retinol and THA post-roll; for 3 days after rolling with the 1.0 mm, I cover myself when outside rather than using sunscreen, and try to stay inside as much as possible. With actives, more is not necessarily better.

Now we have a triumvirate: The Reticent Rollers? The Discreet Dermarollers?

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
That's right, I forgot you were also concerned. Embarassed Sorry! (Menopausal memory moment.)

Don't worry about it, I have those moments (only peri-menopausal for me!) ALL the time! Laughing
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Don't worry about it, I have those moments (only peri-menopausal for me!) ALL the time! Laughing

So help me out here - I still have monthly periods, only instead of the clockwork 28 day schedule, they're starting to vary by a week or so. Does that make me peri, or menopausal?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that makes you peri! Menopause is the complete cessation of your period and most consider you menopausal after you have been without a period for 1 year.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Josee wrote:

Josee, what is Acell?

Josee that sounds very interesting. Where can we buy this?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone use CPs after rolling? I really don't want to use retinols or vit c after.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:06 am      Reply with quote
<<The reason I'm not using Ascorbic acid for Vitamin C is because there have been some cases reported of tissue necrosis after its use.

Josee,

I also recall reading in the Fernandes paper that ascorbic acid is avoided post rolling.

Is this due to penetration levels? I mean, since ascorbic acid is widely used as a topical anyway - does rolling introduce it TOO deeply into the lower layers of the skin? Does this explain why its use is acceptable as a topical -but to be avoided when rolling?

Thank you, BF
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

I also recall reading in the Fernandes paper that ascorbic acid is avoided post rolling.

Is this due to penetration levels? I mean, since ascorbic acid is widely used as a topical anyway - does rolling introduce it TOO deeply into the lower layers of the skin? Does this explain why its use is acceptable as a topical -but to be avoided when rolling?

PBI - If I remember correctly its because you should use acids a roll.
People can have vit c injected into their skin so I don't think its an issue of too deep penetration.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
is this for real?? i put on my Ferulic before i roll all the time !!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
sorry...my post should have read:
should NOT apply acids after a roll.

Some where over on the dermaroller thread there is an article about this.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I have been using after rolling once every 6 days with the L&R Dermaroller:

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=39
Every Lipids Serum
It relieves inflammation and prevents scarring.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have just ordered a 1.5 derma roller from ebay, and plan to to intense rolls every 6 weeks. I want to use it for stretch marks and also to firm my skin. Can I use this right across y chest and decollete?

I only like to use natural products, like coconut oil. Is it possible to use a natural oil after a roll instead of retin A or vit C?

I saw that you musn't use anything that is anti inflammatory or the whole purpose of the roll will be useless. Are there any oils which aren't anti inflammatory? Also I was wondering about urine as an alternative! I saw this recently on a programme and its meant to make skin amazing!!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm quite intrigued by this acell stuff, looks like one more thing I'll be buying for my roll.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
sallyc wrote:
I only like to use natural products, like coconut oil. Is it possible to use a natural oil after a roll instead of retin A or vit C?

You can use avocado oil for Vit. A, but you still need to add Vit. C for collagenesis - use oil-soluble Tetrahexyldecyl C. And don't forget to take A & C orally. There's no point in rolling if your body doesn't have the chemicals it needs to build collagen.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
sallyc wrote:

You can use avocado oil for Vit. A, but you still need to add Vit. C for collagenesis - use oil-soluble Tetrahexyldecyl C. And don't forget to take A & C orally. There's no point in rolling if your body doesn't have the chemicals it needs to build collagen.

The Tetrahexyldecyl doesn't look like something I want to use... I already get alot of vit A and C in my diet and take supplements, is the vit C application absolutely necessary? Won't my body produce the collagen?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |