Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Not Kate - but - I think getting intitially (like anything) using the dvd and getting the hang of things takes time but once you get it down it can all be done easily in 15 minutes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
The 15 minute routine is my experience but the first several times going through the dvd it does take more time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies ~ it really only takes about 6 minutes to dry brush the ENTIRE body ~ I timed myself! This was doing it per the instructions in the dvd and that was 30 strokes per area. The No Lipo, Lipo routine took an additional 6 minutes for the entire routine as well ~ for a total of 12 minutes. There's really no need for an additional mitt (unless you really want one!) I hope that helps!!! Aprile
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
How many exercises are there for the no lipo lipo?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the helpful answers!

aprile - When you say "per area", do you mean per patch of skin of a certain size or, for example, lower leg, upper arm etc, please?

I'm coming around to the idea of buying this when I have a bit of cash to spare. It's sounding good.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I drybrushed myself (not CM's No Lipo Lipo) and it takes way longer then 6 minutes. Granted I might be doing it ineffeciently or have more area to cover, or maybe I don't bend as quickly as I used to . . . but it takes longer then 6 minutes for me.

I have ordered this system and perhaps it will be quicker, I hope so !
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
So interesting!
My mom has been dry-brushing for years and I do too. Shelooks amazing and has no cellulite at 63! She works out with weights,though,and has for 15 years!
Dry brushing:
It really helps with circulation and exfoliation and lymphatic drainage. My family is Scandinavian and it is essential over there as are saunas!
I have been a model for 15 yrs and all the models do it,or go to a spa where they do it for you!
I still want to get this DVD! Sounds very cool and realistic!
hmmmm?

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Thanks for the helpful answers!

aprile - When you say "per area", do you mean per patch of skin of a certain size or, for example, lower leg, upper arm etc, please?

I'm coming around to the idea of buying this when I have a bit of cash to spare. It's sounding good.

Hi Majorb,

The per area that I am referring to is for example: ankle up to the knee, knee to the thigh, outer thigh, inner thigh, back of the thigh, etc. You need to address each area separately. But, If you've my previous post, it only took me 6 minutes to perform the entire routine. This program is a knuckle massage which you do using any cream or oil you might have. Carole also sells e oil, but you don't need to purchase that to get the job done.

Best, Aprile
olivedaisychain

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
This massage technique really intrigues me and I joined the forum specifically to ask you ladies a couple of questions about it. I'm 42 and starting to notice the dreaded knee sag (remember the Demi Moore pics a couple of years back; it looks like that although not quite as bad as hers), and it just ages me. I also have some post partum abdominal sag that just never went away. Do you all think the massage along with the dry brushing might help correct these problem areas? Thanks:)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Dry brushing and massage is great for tightening and toning skin. Having some exercises along side makes a perfect combination. I really think the No lipo technique would really give you tools to work with and provided you do it on a regularly it could get you back into to shape in no time.You are smart to address issues before they become bigger problems. Smile Oh where are my manners??/ Embarassed Welcome to the forum....you will find all kinds of goodies hereImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Olive Daisy,

I second what Toby said. The brushing technique is awesome and really does tone, tighten and lift the skin of the body & face. The NLL routine really does reduce the cellulite and additionally can lift the skin of the body. It's amazing to me that something so natural can work these wonders! Another great thing with you trying this is there's a minimal investment and you are just noticing the beginnings of these things happening. So you are really ahead of the curve so to speak....not much to undo! Go for it girlfriend! All the best, Aprile
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Olive Daisy, I THIRD what everyone else has said regarding dry-brushing! It has been used in Scandinavia for centuries. My mom is in her 60's and has done it for a while has no cellulite. She also does squats and lunges, too, and other "leg stuff" at the gym. It is NEVER too late to start any of this, though! My gosh!I have met women in their 80's who start with weights and dry-brushing and it is really a phenomenal difference!
Anything bringing blood circulation to this area is crucial! Hence some cardio, weight baring/lifting exercises,and dry-brushing/massage...
I want to get the DVD,etc...It will be the icing on the cake and makes total sense!
HTH's
Very Happy

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
olivedaisychain

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm ordering it this weekend and can't wait to try it. I'm very hopeful this is going to work for me and I appreciate the encouragement!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
aprile - You are a star! Thank you for all your help. Very Happy

I'm also encouraged by the news that it might help tone that little bit of elbow overhang - I'm working at arm exercises right now, but am unable to put much weight on my wrist, so it's pretty limiting. Hopefully, the No Lipo Lipo will help to speed things up.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it today!

Even since I joined EDS, I spent a lot more money on beauty products! But at least I know they are going to work.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my second week of NLL and kicking up the gym a notch too. Keep waiting for results - also started green smoothies - no messing around!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've done one session of No Lipo Lipo and found it to be a bit time-consuming but I'm sure things will speed up with continued use. The loofah brushing does feel invigorating and leaves skin soooooo smooth.

Next time, though, I'll try to be a little less aggressive with both the brushing and massage; I ended up with scratched (not quite raw) patches and little knuckle-sized bruises on my thighs. That's me -- try to fix everything in one session. (Talk about overkill! Laughing)

Never mind; once those knee bulges and saggy butt start to rise upward, I'll be a force to be reckoned with!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pinky1,

I've also scratched my skin with the louffa. But, this really only happens in the beginning because your skin isn't used to it. But after some time, your skin adapts to the dry brushing and become even more resilient & firm. Not sure why this happens, but it does! As for the routine, once you get the hang of it. I previously posted that it took me 6 mins. to dry brush my entire body and 6 mins. to perform the NLL routine. So hang in there! Aprile Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Question for all you more 'veteran' NLL gals - Do you do the entire knuckling routine or are you more likely to do spot treating? My arms and back don't really have any issues - I do dry brush there and would continue and I have been knuckling also but....

I am starting back to my teaching schedule in another week and my time is going to get stretched in a fat hurry. Have any of you focused soley on just the stomach or just the thighs?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Sis,
I am getting into the back to school mode also...I don't have problems any where except thighs but I want it to stay that way. I am doing the total routine because I think it keeps the skin tight and circulation going. I feel the extra few minutes here is worth it. Also for the lymph system to be fully stimulated I think it needs more than the spot approach. I guess we could shave off some computer time and put it to the body Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
This forum costs me so much money!!!! Of course,bought the No-Lipo system & received it very quickly!
Watched the DVD yesterday & did the routine today.
My question is about the massage part of the back of the thigh-I had a heck of a time keeping the knuckles of both hands together in a V formation-probably because my thighs are bigger than the model's. Anybody have any hints about the hand formation for that area?
I will say, I was surprised that the amount of time spent doing both the brushing & massaging wasn't as long as I feared.
Thanks for helping me spend my money!!!
Maria

5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Maria,
I had trouble locking my hands together so I just place my knuckles side by side to do the back of the thighs.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
You could do single hand and then just move it over and do single hand there - just take you longer to get it done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I got my package today an finished my first treatment. It was really easy to follow. I was afraid it might be difficult. I have one question though: Is dry brushing a must-do for the program? I'm using an AHA body lotion and don't want to over-exfoliate. Thanks.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have to think that exfoliation with the dry brushing stimulates a reaction of blood to rise to the surface (Duh ! I know this sounds so non-technical) but I think there is something to the dry brushing more then just exfoliation. Not to mention, it FEELS good !
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |