Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, it would be easier if I upload a picture I have before/after photoshopping and so you can see the difference. I should probably explain myself a bit better and say that, for example, skin has pores - in a photoshopped picture, often the pores are gone because the skin has been "blended" to be smooth. When you look at the picture at a very high resolution , you can see the skin has almost been "painted" smooth. A very good photoshop artist can reproduce pores that look perfect, but under very high resolution you can almost always tell. It's often hard to tell on the web though.

Here's a link I just uploaded of a pic that has cellulite on the left, and where I removed it on the right. The system isn't letting me input a link directly, but if you add the following 3 link pieces together it's at:

"lunarini" ".com" "/comparison.jpg"

I don't really want to leave the pic up there so I'll take it down later tonight. I only spent 2 mins on this so it isn't a professional job by any standard but you can see that it's really easy to fool the eye at first glance. But if you looked at the photo is high resolution, you would instantly be able to tell the photo had been worked on.

I do have to agree with Has - I assume that most advertising/testimonial images I look at have been Photoshopped because it seems to just be an industrywide practice. But honestly, it's not something I'd particularly worry about. The proof will ultimately be in the pudding (testimonials/personal experience). Should the industry do it? No. Is there anything we can do about it? No Smile

On the positive side, I love removing my own wrinkles in pictures of myself!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand how it can be legal to use photoshoped photos for products, surely there must be laws against it because its deception isn't it? Question
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
To do photoshop do you buy a software program?
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
here is an exemple:
in one of the pictures the legs are the same exact shape. before picture is bigger (or closer) than the after picture that's supposed to be thinner. then they got a back that would look like that person's back but a little less fat and stuck it to the legs then they drew panties on.

you can't get thinner and have the same bumps and lumps on your sides

Now either she did it on her own or she wanted to give the illusion that the pictures were never retouched and smoothed out because a good retouch usually smooths or coutours the body.

It would have looked more credible to me if they did a good retouch job since everybody does it. But right now it seems they are trying too hard to fool people and I don't like it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Has thats so true, I don't like it either. But it makes sense. How can it be legal that Carole's allowed to put fake pictures on - it can't be can it?
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Mishey, yes you have to buy the program. The latest version (CS4) is pretty expensive ($699).

TheresaMary, if you Google "is using photoshop false advertising" you'll see lots of links on the subject. It's really frustrating not to be able to post links here (or have more than 5 posts a day) until you've had more than 50 posts so I'm sorry I can't post links for you on the articles. Since the advent of Photoshop, the advertising industry has been revolutionized (not great, I know).

When I lived in Calabasas, California, it's right next to Malibu. Many celebrities/models live there and openly talk about the quality of the Photoshop artists at the various advertising companies and which they thought did a better job on them. Freckles are usually removed, as are scars/blotchy skin, pimples, etc. The skin is made to look completely flawless.

I don't think it's realistic to think that all those photos of models in cosmetic pictures, bathing suit magazine, and lingerie magazines all have that flawless, perfectly balanced skin. No way do I believe it.

The problem perpetuates itself if you are a new company and all your competitors use Photoshop to make their product results look perfect.

This is why there are forums like this (and skincaretalk dot com) to help us differentiate by user feedback what works and what doesn't work). I don't stress about the pics.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the pictures look fake. It never occurred to me that they were photo shopped but it is obvious that the after picture is taken from further away to make the person's silhouette look smaller. I almost didn't buy the product because of that. I'm glad I did because it does work. I think they are doing themselves a disservice by having pictures like that. I agree that it would have almost been better if the HAD done a really good photo shop job. Better yet, why couldn't they just find people that this had worked on and taken pictures of them. This technique actually works. Before and afters shouldn't be that difficult!

5% products discount

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Tonya,

I think because unfortunately, companies think that people want to see "perfect" and they are up against competitors that make pictures "perfect" so they get nervous and try to compete.

I don't care about whether it's perfect - I just care about the cellulite diminishing/disappearing. Putting up pics of before/after pics showing progress is enough - I agree it's silly and unnecessary for any company to do that if their product works.

I read feedback from people like you that say it works, and I base my purchases on that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I base my purchasing decisions on customer reviews too. The few times I haven't turned out to be mistakes.

I guess it is hard to compete against "perfect" pictures even if the product does work.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I just received the kit with the DVD, mitt, backstrap, and oil. I've watched the dvd and done the dry brushing. I will try to do the massage this weekend.

How do you keep your arms from getting tired??
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Christinab77, that's the ONLY drawback for me. It's really exhausting. I do the drybrushing for legs/belly and the kneading in the morning. Then in the evening I do the drybrushing for arms/chest and the kneading.

Split it up. It's way easier. I'm also going to buy the "Cellulite Massager" (on the Sephora website). It seems to be a good substitute for the knuckles as users say you can really feel it with firm pressure. The Body Shop also has something similar.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have been following this thread along with many others with great interest. I thought I would share what I found. I think these might be the same mitts that are sold by Carole Maggio. They are made out of aloe sisal and made in Germany from a supplier in the UK. If you were to just buy 2, you would only save about $10, but if you were able to convince a friend (or in my case a sister Smile ) to get 2 as well, you would be getting 4 for about $40 each with air shipping to the US, so basically, they would be 1/2 price. (It's the shipping that is the savings)
I haven't ordered yet, I still have to talk to my sis, and I would have no way of knowing if they were the exact same ones, but they sure seem like it. I can't vouch for the supplier, but they look reputable. What do you guys think?!

Well, darn, since I'm new, I can't post a link Sad Why is that?! Oh well, wish I could share. The company is Denman International.
christinab77
5% products discount

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I will have to try and split up the routine. Hopefully all that scrubbing will help tone up my arms too Very Happy
gumdropday
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious if you girls that have been doing this are showing results and keeping it up? Would you mind sharing which area you have seen the biggest improvement in? I need help on my stomach and thighs!!
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I havent been able to start yet, urghhh.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, ladies!
I have been doing the knuckle massage for six weeks now - 4-5 times a week-, and here is my progress report:
-It has made a difference in the appearance of my calves and thighs in that they look more shapely and toned and the gap between my thighs is pretty wide now - they used to be closer together. Unfortunately, I didn't measure my legs before staring because I didn't think that was a problem area for me.
-I have lost 2cms from around the hips
-My waist is just as fat as it used to be, but the belly looks much smoother, less lumps and bumps.
-Upper arms still have the same circumference, but look more toned (of course, this can be due to all the exercise they get what with dry brushing and knuckle massage).

I should mention, though, that around the same time that I started this massage, there was a change in my work schedule so I have been having full meals at 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. I don't know if the results would have been more impressive had I stuck with the "no carb after 5:00" rule.
Overall, I think this technique is doing something good for my body and I will keep it up.

Regarding the CM mitts, I have found the company that produces them in Germany, but they don't have the exact same kinds for sale.
I have been dry brushing for three and a half years and the sisal mitt is better than other mitts I have used. I was equally delighted with the bamboo glove for the face. Great product!

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Great progress...thanks for sharing your updates!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
That's awesome, lilome! Thanks for sharing--I kind of slacked off my routine this week due to being very busy. The NLL (and massage variants) also helped me reduce my cellulite, too. Glad you're also having such great results. Yay! Smile

Btw, two other things:

* Eating dinner early does help a significant amount, in my experience.

* What is the name of the company that produces Carole Maggio's facial mitts? I really like those mitts. Thanks in advance! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi, there, CM5597!
Their web address iswww.riffi.de

However, I must have been a little tired when I first check out their products online. Going back, I realized that they do indeed carry all kinds of mitts, gloves and stripes made from all kind of fibres: cotton, silk, sisal, flax, horsehair.
I didn't see the bamboo, though. Actually, it's 52% bamboo, 38% linen, 10% cotton. Maybe I need to check again.
They sell a sisal mitt quite a bit lower than CM, but the horsehair comes to about the same. I would say that CM's prices are very reasonable.

By the way, they also sell all kinds of brushes, even for hair.

I hope I have been able to help you.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
You know I got so excited when I first got NLL because there was a sheet with tips like don't eat after 5pm and what to do if you do need to go out etc, and some supplements Carole recommended but some people got it and some didn't. Same when I ordered the face mit, I got no instructions and I've since found others got detailed ones. Its bad c/s in my opinion as its inconsistent. If you order a product, then you should get the appropriate instructions for it. Sadly looks like some do and some don't with NLL.
cm5597 wrote:
* Eating dinner early does help a significant amount, in my experience.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi lilome! I've always wondering where Carole got her great facial mitts from Smile Thanks so much!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,
This thread has been running for some time now and I've read through it all.
Has anyone (apart from Aprile) actually had the result of diminishing their cellulite?
Have you all found it possible to continue the regime? I wonder what the drop-out rate is.
I'm not looking to lose weight but to do something about my ghastly thigh cellulite and lumpy stomach. I eat well, dry brushed my whole body 4-5 times a week for years, exercised regularly for years and am very slim but my skin is lax on my legs which lets the fat cells show through and my stomach is crepey.
Can a knuckle massage and sisal mitt really tighten skin on the body?? I'm open to the idea of lymph massage as I've been doing the Tanaka lymph massage for some time and experienced what that can do for tightening the skin on the face.
Would really appreciate some experienced feedback on this subject.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,

In terms of improving cellulite, I definitely got somewhere between small to moderate results from NLL. Similarly, from doing intense outer leg exercises *while* doing deep breathing (the key being that the two done together was the key; Lifelift or another deep breathing program would be good) and from usingwww.pureinsideout.com's derivative bath (particular type of cold water bath).

But, for me in particular, more of my results came from eating a raw food diet with high-fruit and very high greens with low fat--I know, not a popular response, but I have to be honest Smile. But my cellulite + my 40-lb weight gain years ago specifically all came from very toxic medication in a 14-month period, so the nature of my cellulite might be very different than other people's. That is, I might necessary need to eat a low toxin diet in order for my liver to initiate phase 2 detoxification that would allow me to get rid of cellulite, while another person might not have to do something this extreme to get rid of their cellulite. I suspect it is at least somewhat individual, depending on what caused the collagen and tissue breakdown in the first place.

So in sum, I would recommend the NLL program and I do think it is effective, and I am sold on the general health benefits of that and similar types of massage for skin health. But it is not the thing that made the biggest difference for me personally.

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Apologies if this post veers alittle off-topic.

Thanks CM for such a detailed and honest reply.
And of course you're absolutely right in making the point that we get cellulite for different reasons.
Coincidently, I've been discussing this with a friend who has a lean boyish/athletic figure. She has only gotten some cellulite in the last few years (she's 49) which has to be due to age-related collagen breakdown leading to fat cells showing through.
I've had it since my early 20's despite being only 112-117 lbs (and 5ft 7in) all my adult life (I have meat on me but I'm very thin-boned). Mine is most definitely hormonal as I'm a slim hour glass shape with a bust, slim waist and rounded bum & thighs.
Whether this means I can massage mine away, I don't know. I certainly can't eat a diet that has less calories than the one I have now as I will get terribly thin although I do eat healthily with plenty of fruit and veg.

The cold bath thing is an interesting angle; but as a low blood pressure sufferer; this would be my idea of hell!! Those with low pressure really feel the cold.

I would have thought your toxin-derived cellulite would have been easier to reduce with a lymph massage as it's not 'natural' to your body.

I guess the key to embarking on reducing cellulite is understanding what causes it for yourself and then finding the correct method for reducing it. Those with collagen breakdown for instance, would probably benefit more from Retin A. For those who put on weight, need to adjust their calorie intake but for those with whom it's hormonal, I don't really know. With the lead up to menopause my oestrogen levels will be dropping so this should be less of an issue but of course the menopausal effects of collagen breakdown will then take over!

I'll probably go for the skin strengthening route which the sisal glove should do plus 1.5mm dermarolling.
I'll still keep an open mind for NLL and hope others respond with their experiences - especially those who've suffered cellulite from a young age.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Well being the one who started this thread, I can honestly say yes it has definitely diminished mine, but its not just about the massage/brushing, as Carole does lay down some guidelines for making it more effective like not eating after 5pm, drinking water and recommended to me with my kit some supplements to take, and so I suppose its a multifaceted approach, but think its unrealistic to expect taht from just the massage/brushing alone.

Having said that, whilst I start out doing it daily, I've since found that I don't need to do it as often now, just kind of do it a couple of times a week (2-3 max). It still takes me a little while, but I also use avocado oil instead of Vit E which my skin seems to like better.

Theresa
This is Miranda wrote:
Hi All,
This thread has been running for some time now and I've read through it all.
Has anyone (apart from Aprile) actually had the result of diminishing their cellulite?
Have you all found it possible to continue the regime? I wonder what the drop-out rate is.
I'm not looking to lose weight but to do something about my ghastly thigh cellulite and lumpy stomach. I eat well, dry brushed my whole body 4-5 times a week for years, exercised regularly for years and am very slim but my skin is lax on my legs which lets the fat cells show through and my stomach is crepey.
Can a knuckle massage and sisal mitt really tighten skin on the body?? I'm open to the idea of lymph massage as I've been doing the Tanaka lymph massage for some time and experienced what that can do for tightening the skin on the face.
Would really appreciate some experienced feedback on this subject.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |