Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Miranda,
I can identify with your journey to understand why there is cellulite on an otherwise very slim body....I am 5'1" amd usually around 100 pounds. I have had cellulite(only on my thighs) since 24. I have never weighed more than five pounds more except during pregnancies. I did use birth control pills for a short time before 24 and that is when I seemed to develop the cellulite. I have tried drastic weightloss(although I didn't need to)to the point I was too thin. I tried jucie fast detox....nothing but total juice for two months. And of course all the cellulite diets out there...result??? not much of a change. I do have the No Lipo Lipo and when I did it regularly I started noticing an improvement. I think with careful diet, use of the NLL, it could be greatly improved. The only reason I have not continued is life got in the way....I have a very stressful job, and lots of responsibilities with my family, dealing with facial exercises, body exercises, and then rid my body of cellulite took a back seat. I do think if I were committed to the cause this plan would work.
An added note...... why with a small slender body have I developed cellulite on my thighs?????I think hormones with the birth control pill and also I NEVER EVER Sweat!!!No matter how hot, I don't sweat....I think sweating is a great way for the body to release toxins. Also my diet growing up wasn't good even though I stayed thin...I do have a high metabolism.Also no other female in my family on either side has cellulite!!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Have you heard of T-tapp. The creator, Teresa Tapp has an excellent dvd/cd about cellulite that is well worth the money but where I think its really relevant is where she goes into detail about bodytypes, like short torso long limbs, combos, long torso short limbs etc and I seem to recall her saying that short torso long limbs were more prone to cellulite but also something to do with the knees, where a large amount of pressure is placed on the inside part of the knee and this has the effect of collapsing the inner thigh as a result. Might be worth googling her stuff for sure!
Toby wrote:
Miranda,
I can identify with your journey to understand why there is cellulite on an otherwise very slim body....I am 5'1" amd usually around 100 pounds. I have had cellulite(only on my thighs) since 24. I have never weighed more than five pounds more except during pregnancies. I did use birth control pills for a short time before 24 and that is when I seemed to develop the cellulite. I have tried drastic weightloss(although I didn't need to)to the point I was too thin. I tried jucie fast detox....nothing but total juice for two months. And of course all the cellulite diets out there...result??? not much of a change. I do have the No Lipo Lipo and when I did it regularly I started noticing an improvement. I think with careful diet, use of the NLL, it could be greatly improved. The only reason I have not continued is life got in the way....I have a very stressful job, and lots of responsibilities with my family, dealing with facial exercises, body exercises, and then rid my body of cellulite took a back seat. I do think if I were committed to the cause this plan would work.
An added note...... why with a small slender body have I developed cellulite on my thighs?????I think hormones with the birth control pill and also I NEVER EVER Sweat!!!No matter how hot, I don't sweat....I think sweating is a great way for the body to release toxins. Also my diet growing up wasn't good even though I stayed thin...I do have a high metabolism.Also no other female in my family on either side has cellulite!!! Rolling Eyes
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I do remember a lot of discussion on T-Tapp from several forums. How long is the routine? Now that you are bringing this up I remember at the time the only reason I didn't get into the TTapping was because I was having success with the rebounder on the aeroplilates. Funny how I completely forgot how effective that was!!! That is one of the things that I need to get back to...can't believe how slack I have been....just hard to get it all worked in. But how long is the T-Tapp rountine? My body shape is very balanced....short everything!!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Well depends which tape you use. The Basic Workout (once you have learned all the exercises) is a complete body workout and takes only 15 minutes, but Teresa also does advise bodybrushing, but I imagine if you have NLL you could do that instead of Teresa's brushing method.

Depends which workout you do. I like the basic, and its never dull. I do like their stuff, and have a few of their tapes but the Basic Workout is my favourite. There is another fuller workout that takes about 50 minutes I think, but I'm always too exhausted and never have enough time for that one!
Toby wrote:
I do remember a lot of discussion on T-Tapp from several forums. How long is the routine? Now that you are bringing this up I remember at the time the only reason I didn't get into the TTapping was because I was having success with the rebounder on the aeroplilates. Funny how I completely forgot how effective that was!!! That is one of the things that I need to get back to...can't believe how slack I have been....just hard to get it all worked in. But how long is the T-Tapp rountine? My body shape is very balanced....short everything!!!! Laughing
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Carole does lay down some guidelines for making it more effective like not eating after 5pm

Is this true? No food after 5pm? I thought it was just carbs or something.
There's no way I can fit in my required calorie intake between just 8am - 5pm. There seems to be an assumption weight loss is needed.

TheresaMary wrote:
Have you heard of T-tapp

T-Tapp is something someone else suggested also although she said it's long body, short legs that suffer from cellulite on thighs (hour glass). I'll do some searching on EDS/google for this also. Very interesting what you say about knees causing the inner thighs to collapse. I have good muscles but my skin just doesn't hold everything in place.
I do wonder just how much exercise needs to be done to rid yourself of C., I was massively into weights, step, cycling, pilates, dancing in my 20's til early 30's but nothing worked. Had great shape legs and muscle tone and very lean but STILL cellulite! Maybe it has to be a specific type of exercise that needs to be done.

Toby wrote:
Miranda,
I can identify with your journey to understand why there is cellulite on an otherwise very slim body

Toby, you have the same history as me, I also went on the pill for a couple of years pre-23 yo, which is about the time the cellulite started. I think I was full of oestrogen then added to it with contraceptives. I also didn't have a great diet when growing up but remained thin and apart from pregnancies, never gained weight despite never dieting (this is why I'm sure we still have high metabolisms). However I do sweat! Mostly on my back, stomach and face though - do legs sweat??
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, hormones were involved in my case, too. The medication severely messed up my hormones in all kinds of ways, leaving me with bad cellulite, depression, and a 40-pound weight gain (still have the stretch marks to prove it) all at age 12!!! How sad is that! Sad

But yes, I agree: a multi-faceted health approach is best Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Is this true? No food after 5pm? I thought it was just carbs or something.
There's no way I can fit in my required calorie intake between just 8am - 5pm. There seems to be an assumption weight loss is needed.

Can't remember it exactly but its something along those lines.... but I remember them being detailed, but don't have the papers in front of me, so you might be correct Miranda.

This is Miranda wrote:
T-Tapp is something someone else suggested also although she said it's long body, short legs that suffer from cellulite on thighs (hour glass). I'll do some searching on EDS/google for this also. Very interesting what you say about knees causing the inner thighs to collapse. I have good muscles but my skin just doesn't hold everything in place.
I do wonder just how much exercise needs to be done to rid yourself of C., I was massively into weights, step, cycling, pilates, dancing in my 20's til early 30's but nothing worked. Had great shape legs and muscle tone and very lean but STILL cellulite! Maybe it has to be a specific type of exercise that needs to be done.

Well T-tapp is a workout designed for everybody whether short limbed, long limbed, etc.... with little tweaks on each exercise to make it more effective. Just take a look at the t-tapp website:www.t-tapp.com or ask at their forum there and I'm sure your get responses.

Theresa
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Miranda, for the cold water bath, you just have to be able to put the top half of your thighs and bottom half of your stomach in cold water. I don't think I could do it if I had to do a full-body cold water bath Smile In case it helps, I also have low blood pressure--an average of 90/60, but it occasionally dips to 80/50 (in part a genetic gift from my mom)--and I find it tolerable. But certainly some people will not like it at all! Hope this helps you decide what things you want to try Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
P.S. Miranda, for the cold water bath, you just have to be able to put the top half of your thighs and bottom half of your stomach in cold water. I don't think I could do it if I had to do a full-body cold water bath Smile In case it helps, I also have low blood pressure--an average of 90/60, but it occasionally dips to 80/50 (in part a genetic gift from my mom)--and I find it tolerable. But certainly some people will not like it at all! Hope this helps you decide what things you want to try Smile
I have done it also and have low blood pressure....I just haven't been consistant with it to see results.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have previously posted on the Facercise forum, but just wanted to add my two cents here. I just wanted to comment on the earlier post about the photoshopping of the No Lipo Lipo photos and share why that is not possible. I happen live in California and am client of the spa. I go there for regular facials and treatments and am also a Facercise client. While waiting, I have actually flipped through the "No Lipo Lipo" photo album which is filled with hundreds of before and after photos. I was pretty surprised that all of the photos were taken with a simple Polaroid camera ~ you know the shiny photos with the white border. None of the photos appeared to be staged to me with special lighting effects or any other methods. I believe they are simply taken to show the clients their improvements after a certain number of treatments. I have to say I thought the results were pretty impressive to me. I have also spoken with a number of clients who have had the treatment and were over the top thrilled with their results. Although I've never tried it because I don't need to, I believe the program works just like Facercise does ~ you just need to be consistent with it in order to see improvements. But that really goes without saying... Best, Ely
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am like Miranda..I was always slim with some cellulite ..my mother has a lot of cellulite so I guess I inherited it..I am 5'9'' 127lbs but still have the same bump on my thigh since 12years old..I am a slim pear shape..think a tall version of Eva Longoria..I have done a lot of exercise in my life and tried eating 100%clean,it does get better but never disappears..I have a good shape but I am afraid of wearing shorts ..

I have tried skin brushing on a regular base for many years but it didn't do anything, and I am also worried that it was the reason for getting some broken vessels..

perhaps I will try the cold water method..I don;t expect miracles about my cellulite but it firms the skin..
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
elygirl wrote:
I have previously posted on the Facercise forum, but just wanted to add my two cents here. I just wanted to comment on the earlier post about the photoshopping of the No Lipo Lipo photos and share why that is not possible. I happen live in California and am client of the spa. I go there for regular facials and treatments and am also a Facercise client. While waiting, I have actually flipped through the "No Lipo Lipo" photo album which is filled with hundreds of before and after photos. I was pretty surprised that all of the photos were taken with a simple Polaroid camera ~ you know the shiny photos with the white border. None of the photos appeared to be staged to me with special lighting effects or any other methods. I believe they are simply taken to show the clients their improvements after a certain number of treatments. I have to say I thought the results were pretty impressive to me. I have also spoken with a number of clients who have had the treatment and were over the top thrilled with their results. Although I've never tried it because I don't need to, I believe the program works just like Facercise does ~ you just need to be consistent with it in order to see improvements. But that really goes without saying... Best, Ely

Great to have you aboard Ely wave ,
Since you have facials at Carole's spa, do you happen to use her skincare line? I have tried her EGF serum(previously tried others makers of EGF with no results) and have been amazed at what it has done for my skin. Carole's stuff is expensive but I am interested in hearing from someone that uses her line. Especially the skin lift product for the face.
Thanks,
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Elygirl - wheres the facercise forum? Goodie I'd like to know as I have some facercise questions that I'd love to get an answer to.
elygirl wrote:
elygirl
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Toby,

Yes, actually I use all of the products in her line and switch off to mix things up a bit. I love the Facelift to Go ~ especially when I'm going out somewhere special. It feels kind of weird like it's pulsating, but it really works wonders ~ your face definitely looks more toned & lifted when you're done! The EGF has changed my skin dramatically ~ the lines above my lips that were starting to form are fading as well as my crow's feet. Oh I use the retinol every night too. I am in my late 40's so my skin wasn't perfect to begin with. I know she has specials every month so that's what I do is look for the specials and then rotate the products. It's been working out pretty well for me. Best, Ely
elygirl
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary ~ Actually, I was referring to the Facercise thread on EDS. Sorry if I confused things by calling it a forum! If you have a specific question, you can always ask me and I'll try and help you as best I can or email Carole Maggio directly. I know she answers her emails. Best, Ely
elygirl
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zina,

I use the dry brushing not for cellulite but for skin firming. The ladies I've spoken with at the spa all use Carole Maggio's horsehair mitt at home and they say they use 60 back and forth "scrubs" on their skin. I have tried to aim for 60, sometimes I only do 40,but my skin is very toned and it really tones the muscles underneath the skin as well to firm and lift the skin. I would check out her mitt and try for more scrubs and see if that helps diminish some of the cellulite. Then check into the No Lipo Lipo program. The ladies I spoke with swear by it, but again you must keep up with the maintenance. That's the way it is with anything though,facial exercises, exercise, products,etc. Best,Ely
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm glad more people are sharing their experiences with CM products!
Regarding broken veins, is it possible that No Lipo Lipo actually makes spider veins worse?
I am delighted both with Facercise and No Lipo Lipo, but this is something that I am worried about.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

is the 'facelift to go' part of Carole's newest DVD release ?

thanks

Jackie xx
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I've tried it for 60 after reading that in Carole's newsletter and it did give me great results, but it was very tiring for my arms and I wasn't able to manage it every night, but I aim for 60 and if I can only do 50 consider it a job done!

elygirl wrote:
Hi Zina,

I use the dry brushing not for cellulite but for skin firming. The ladies I've spoken with at the spa all use Carole Maggio's horsehair mitt at home and they say they use 60 back and forth "scrubs" on their skin. I have tried to aim for 60, sometimes I only do 40,but my skin is very toned and it really tones the muscles underneath the skin as well to firm and lift the skin. I would check out her mitt and try for more scrubs and see if that helps diminish some of the cellulite. Then check into the No Lipo Lipo program. The ladies I spoke with swear by it, but again you must keep up with the maintenance. That's the way it is with anything though,facial exercises, exercise, products,etc. Best,Ely

Jackie Facelift to go is demo'd on the dvd, but is a kind of mask you mix up (when you purchase it you get send a little vial of liquid and some powder) and you mix the two. Its exactly like Ely describes it, it constricts, and then relaxes so you do get a pulsation (great word - I couldn't have put it better myself!).

Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

is the 'facelift to go' part of Carole's newest DVD release ?

thanks

Jackie xx

No probs, got excited then thinking there was a facercise forum. I've never understood why Carole doesn't create one, as I bet many people could be helped out by reading some of the questions. The two exercises I just don't get, and never get the burn with are the face contour and the face filler one. NO matter how many times I tried it I just don't get the burn. I've her latest dvd (and also the basic/advanced from before) and it just doesn't happen for me! I must be cursed.

elygirl wrote:
Hi TheresaMary ~ Actually, I was referring to the Facercise thread on EDS. Sorry if I confused things by calling it a forum! If you have a specific question, you can always ask me and I'll try and help you as best I can or email Carole Maggio directly. I know she answers her emails. Best, Ely
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
Hi! I'm glad more people are sharing their experiences with CM products!
Regarding broken veins, is it possible that No Lipo Lipo actually makes spider veins worse?
I am delighted both with Facercise and No Lipo Lipo, but this is something that I am worried about.

Hi Lilome,

Actually, I have spider veins and noticed they appear to be getting better. I don't know why that would be ~ perhaps it has something to do with the massage stimulating circulation? In any event, don't worry. I've been using the program for a while and have not had any adverse affects. Take care, Aprile
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
i've found that pressing the points along the different energy meridans ( acupressure) in the legs (focusing on the meridians and certain important points on the thighs)releases stagnant energy in the internal organs connected with the meridians..and in the thighs themsleves...so i do this along with any dry brusing or other kinds of massage i do on my thighs (i've never really had a problem with cellulite..so haven't purchase the nll system..but if i did i would!)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
i've found that pressing the points along the different energy meridans ( acupressure) in the legs (focusing on the meridians and certain important points on the thighs)releases stagnant energy in the internal organs connected with the meridians..and in the thighs themselves...so i do this along with any dry brushing or other kinds of massage i do on my thighs (I've never really had a problem with cellulite..so haven't purchase the nll system..but if i did i would!)

I am fascinated with the energy meridians acupressure points and I have seen lots of success for people that use this. Is there an easy way to learn these points and do this?....like meridian points for dummies Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response, Aprile!
I'm glad to hear I don't need to worry about spider veins and all! :)

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I'll say I'd be interested in this too - there must be some sort of easy way of learning this stuff isn't there? Jasminerosey do you know of any good books/dvds that show this sort of thing?
Toby wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
i've found that pressing the points along the different energy meridans ( acupressure) in the legs (focusing on the meridians and certain important points on the thighs)releases stagnant energy in the internal organs connected with the meridians..and in the thighs themselves...so i do this along with any dry brushing or other kinds of massage i do on my thighs (I've never really had a problem with cellulite..so haven't purchase the nll system..but if i did i would!)

I am fascinated with the energy meridians acupressure points and I have seen lots of success for people that use this. Is there an easy way to learn these points and do this?....like meridian points for dummies Laughing
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Toby and TheresaMary,

I haven't done too much research on any basic acupressure book....which would also be helpful to me..

but right now i'm using 2 books on Do-In (which is a whole body kind of Japanese tradition acupressure..or shiazu... massage) from decades ago when i was macrobiotic ...and combine the best of both books in my do-in morning massage....

but neither are beginning books...and there are probably ones that are much better for the beginner...

i sort of follow the meridan diagrams along with some explanation (and many photos) in the books...and try to feel where the points are tender as another guide that i am on the actual meridian in question.

i am researching 2 other possibilities and i will keep you informed...

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |