Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes oil would have to be applied, the reason I posted this was if a person has problems with arthritis or very weak hands and finds they can't do the knuckle massage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Please can someone tell me about the hand position for the knuckling. Believe me I will pay it forward for some other newbies who want to try this out.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
The program no lipo lipo is very reasonably priced and the information is excellent. I recommend buying the program. I have done dry brushing and massage in the past with very little results, but since using this program I am seeing results by following the step by step approach. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Please can someone tell me about the hand position for the knuckling. Believe me I will pay it forward for some other newbies who want to try this out.

I thought someone already did say something in this thread, not too far back, about the fist and finger positioning. It's just so much easier to see it than try to explain it in typewritten words. Also, there,s more to the NLL massage technique than just the knuckle massage. There are other techniques she shows and talks about on the DVD that are a part of it too. HTH
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
wrinklefreeforever wrote:

I thought someone already did say something in this thread, not too far back, about the fist and finger positioning. It's just so much easier to see it than try to explain it in typewritten words. Also, there,s more to the NLL massage technique than just the knuckle massage. There are other techniques she shows and talks about on the DVD that are a part of it too. HTH

AmazingRacer ~ I so agree with you. It's very difficult to explain the technique without being able to demo it for someone. I try my best, but honestly particularly with the stomach area, that is best seen on the DVD. The program really, really works if you work at it consistently!! ~ Aprile
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
OK thanks ladies. I am just really broke at the moment and it can get costly trying all these great things - some that work and some that don't. Currently, I just jumped on the hyaluronic acid bandwagon and trying it for my skin. So I am sure we all know how expensive it can get searching for these miracles for our skin and bodies. I will try the flat handed knuckle position and do it like I saw on the video until I can afford it. Prob won't get the results you ladies are getting but will report back if I do. On a side note, I did read that the knuckling causes an irritation that causes the skin to swell and thereby reduces the appearance for the time being, only to return if you stop. But, believe me, I will still try it, because reduction is still better than nothing. I don't have a lot - I am only 95 pounds and 5 feet tall with a muscular frame but it is still there on my inner thigh and back of my thighs since I hit my 40's. Thanks again all - it's the never ending battle against aging. Shock
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 am      Reply with quote
An update for No lipo lipo...going strong and decided to treat myself to the body lift special that Carole has going on. I posted this information on the thread for specials and will add it here too.
I am not one to get excited about any kind of body lift topical applications….I had a series of body wrap sessions in my thirties for cellulite and as soon as I drank water the day after the treatment my good results left!!! Well I have done only one treatment of Carole’s body lift and the results were excellent and a week later still very obvious. I choose to use the system just on my thighs (front and back) and do treatments close together to get a jump start on the cellulite. By only treating my thighs the system should last much longer. I wish I had known about this a long time ago. The solution is very intensive, not hot or anything but does tingle and draw. The area treated is so incredible smooth and silky and also smaller. It obviously does several things, one increasing lymph drainage which I must need. April has mentioned to me it is good for the crepey skin that can be on the arms and other areas of the body….I don’t have this yet but prevention is always good. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. That sounds interesting. I'll have to go look at the website and read about it.

QUESTION...After 1 week of doing NLL the skin on my thighs, stomach, hips and butt is getting sort of rough. I'm thinking it's like when skin builds up a callous against rough treatment (the dry brushing). Now I know you all said NLL does the opposite, makes skin soft and smooth (right?). So, will this initial result go away as my skin adjusts to the treatments?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
Hmm. That sounds interesting. I'll have to go look at the website and read about it.

QUESTION...After 1 week of doing NLL the skin on my thighs, stomach, hips and butt is getting sort of rough. I'm thinking it's like when skin builds up a callous against rough treatment (the dry brushing). Now I know you all said NLL does the opposite, makes skin soft and smooth (right?). So, will this initial result go away as my skin adjusts to the treatments?

AmazingRacer,

I am thinking your skin is just adjusting to the exfoliation process of the dry brushing. Is it a tight feeling or a dry feeling? ~ Aprile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

AmazingRacer,

I am thinking your skin is just adjusting to the exfoliation process of the dry brushing. Is it a tight feeling or a dry feeling? ~ Aprile

In some areas my skin feels rough, sort of hard. When I put shea butter or moisturizer on it, it doesn't soak in as easily as the other skin. Do you know what I mean?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
aprile wrote:

AmazingRacer,

In some areas my skin feels rough, sort of hard. When I put shea butter or moisturizer on it, it doesn't soak in as easily as the other skin. Do you know what I mean?

AmazingRacer,

Sometimes when the heat is on during the winter months, I experience that feeling in some areas. I think its due to daily exfoliation combined with the dry heat in my home. I also think it may be a form of rosacea which gets aggravated by the dry brushing. I know it may sound crazy but I just started using Ageless Secret Sun Lovers mist and it really seems to combat that feeling. It's just structured water without all the ingredients, but its very moisturizing and hydrating to the skin. My skin needs all the moisture it can get in the winter months! It's not on their site yet, so you'd need to call them to order it. (1-888-424-4247) It's very inexpensive... I think $5 or less for a 2 oz bottle. But it works like a charm for me. HTH, Aprile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Update from Toby here....Been doing the program since Oct.17th and thighs are smaller and more defined....is the cellulite gone...not yet but diminished especially on the back of the leg. Getting ready to do another body lift mask today. I did order the new horsehair mitt, had the sisal one before. The horsehair mitt is way more abrasive, and I have read that it is better to start with the sisal one. I would agree 100%, my skin is not sensitive but I even find I have to use this one with a more gentle approach. I also ordered the Sisal Louffa Strap...this is not totally necessary to have but it is such a treat...didn't realize how much I would like it.
My best friend at work has started this challenge, she has been doing it only on her stomach(legs don't need it). She has gone from a size 10 to an 8. She is beside herself!!!

If April is around...should you do the mitt and massage on a day you are doing the body lift????

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

You can use the mask and perform the NLL routine the same day. I would say to just make sure you do the dry brush in the AM and then the knuckle routine and the mask later in the day to avoid the feeling of overexfoliation. Because as you know, the dry brushing exfoliates and so does the mask. Smile Glad to hear you are getting such great results. No Lipo Lipo rocks! Dancing ~ Aprile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your continued updates Toby, and your tips, Aprile.

My update after 2 weeks of doing both the massage and dry brushing daily: I've lost 1/2 an inch in all measurements. Very Happy I'm happy with that! I'm still bruising but I'm now taking daily doses of Ester C powder as Carole suggests. My rough skin has also changed. I can't explain it other than that my skin seems thicker, which makes sense from all the brushing. It's still smooth and soft, but tougher, if that makes sense. I'm especially impressed with how my stomach is changing.

Do you continue to do this daily until your body is where you want it to be, then just maintain with a few times per week?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi AR,

I can get away with doing the routine 4-5 times a week now. But, that said, I've been doing the NLL regimen consistenly for over a year now. I would say it's really something you would have to judge based upon need. Just like with facial exercises, you may not need twice a day every day like Carole suggests, you might need once a day or 5 times a week. You will get a feel for what your body needs in time.

Best, Aprile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Can someone suggest an oil to use in place of Carole's vitamin E oil? I'd like to find a less expensive alternative. I've been mixing it with jojoba when I use it, just to make it last longer, and it's 3/4 gone after 3 weeks of use.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:14 am      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
Can someone suggest an oil to use in place of Carole's vitamin E oil? I'd like to find a less expensive alternative. I've been mixing it with jojoba when I use it, just to make it last longer, and it's 3/4 gone after 3 weeks of use.

AR, Honestly, you can use any oil. I ran out of the e oil and have used Neutrogena, sesame seed oil, and even slippery lotions. I think you just need to be careful of oils with too much "slip" because you want to still get the friction you do with the e oil. That's why she recommends that oil. Best, Aprile Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:

AR, Honestly, you can use any oil. I ran out of the e oil and have used Neutrogena, sesame seed oil, and even lotions. I think you need to be careful about with certain oils is those with too much "slip" because you want to feel the friction you get with the e oil. That's why she recommends that oil because she knows how it works. Best, Aprile Smile
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I registered for this forum so I could post in this thread and the Facercise thread.

I was wanting to know is the No-Lipo Lipo mainly used for reducing cellulite? I know some have said they've lost inches, but most are talking about cellulite and firming the skin. I mainly want to use it to reduce my stomach size. I am a male and about a year ago I lost 50 pounds. I am pretty thin now, and I don't want to lose any more weight because then I would start to look sick. I am thin everywhere except for my stomach. The skin is not loose, but the stomach is disproportionate to the rest of me. I'm not looking to get a six pack or anything, but I would love to be more comfortable tucking my shirt in.

Also, do you think the kit is the best deal? Do you need the back strap thingy? I am thinking about getting the Facercise DVD as well, which has the face mitt.

TIA!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ryan,

I use both Carole's Facercise and NLL system. You can definitely reduce your stomach area using her NLL System. There are quite a few techniques to address the stomach area. You can reduce inches from you waist, flatten the stomach and tighten up the skin. I would say most people go for the kit. The stomach is best dry brushed with the mitt though either sisal or horsehair. When first starting out though the horsehair might feel too rough on the skin because your skin needs to get used to being brushed. When working on your stomach area, amp up your strokes with the dry brushing and knuckle treatment to 60, particularly since this is the area where you want to see most improvement. It really really works. I am going to see if I can post Maggio's newsletter link here because there are b&a photos of some of her clients who have reduced their stomach areas quite substantially. Just click on the photos to enlarge to see the difference closeup. Take care, Aprile

http://www.facercise.com/newsletters/newsletter/2011_12.html
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Surely i'm not the first person to question if Aprile is in fact Carol Maggio? As soon as someone asks a question, in comes Aprile with an indepth answer. Must me like a part time job for Aprile to keep an eye on these threads & answer all the queries, at length.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
CindiLou wrote:
Surely i'm not the first person to question if Aprile is in fact Carol Maggio? As soon as someone asks a question, in comes Aprile with an indepth answer. Must me like a part time job for Aprile to keep an eye on these threads & answer all the queries, at length.

Hi CindiLou,

Lol....Nope I'm not Carole. I just get emails to my box when there's activity on a number of threads here on EDS. Also, I don't mind answering questions about the products/programs I've had good results using...that's all. I have a secretarial background so it doesn't take long for me to type. Laughing ~ Take care, Aprile
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I noticed that Carole suggests a different number of strokes for no lipo lipo.

For the dry brushing 20 brisk strokes per body part.

For the No Lipo Lipo knuckle treatment she recommend 30 scrubs for back of arms, but 60 for legs.

I know its recommended to do 60 strokes of knuckle/no lipo lipo for best results, but do people do 60 strokes of dry skin brushing also?

Thanks
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
flfl wrote:
I noticed that Carole suggests a different number of strokes for no lipo lipo.

For the dry brushing 20 brisk strokes per body part.

For the No Lipo Lipo knuckle treatment she recommend 30 scrubs for back of arms, but 60 for legs.

I know its recommended to do 60 strokes of knuckle/no lipo lipo for best results, but do people do 60 strokes of dry skin brushing also?

Thanks

Hi Flfl,
I started out following the program exactly as instructed and did get some results. However, the most impressive results came when I amped up the number of strokes for the dry brushing and NLL to sixty. It sounds daunting, but you'd be surprised if you use a hand on top of the working hand (for the legs and stomach areas), how quickly it goes, also you don't tire as much. lol! Laughing ~ Best, Aprile
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
think i'll have to build up to 60 dry brushing strokes with the horse hair mitt. my skin is not sensitive but this is rough.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |