Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Okay gang these photos might inspire you. My friend reached the five week mark with no no lipo....she is mainly working on her tummy. She has gone from a 10 in her pants to a 6. I took these photos with my phone today.... should have taken one from the side......also wish we had befores. She hasn't changed her diet and she isn't exercising at all. On the second photo she is showing you with her thumb the holes on her belt that she was using five weeks ago and now you can see where she is! Go girl go!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi toby - I know how inspiring you are and have no doubt you've shown the way on this one. My question is this... I see your friend has loosened up fat and lost it via massage only. That's a lot. I'm happy for her and it is an inspiration to everyone.

I am not a doubter as I believe things don't always work in our body without a nudge or two or three. And sometimes things don't always work the way we think. Does your friend have anything to share as to why this is working without diet or exercise... sometimes we can be intuitive about or own body's response to things. Just wondering... Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
My friend said going through the holidays this year she didn't want to not be able to eat normally and also enjoy some of the holiday foods....she also is very busy at work and with three teenagers she has had to put her gym membership on hold. So when she started seeing a thinner middle she was a shocked as anybody. My guess is she has a lot of fluid in her middle and the no lipo is really helping with that. Plus she is breaking down fat with the massage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 am      Reply with quote
toby, how many strokes did your friend use and how often did she do it.

just did the no lipo lipo massage. it takes a while, but i have more surface area on my legs than most.

is there a no lipo lipo massage technique for hips and butt?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:56 am      Reply with quote
flfl wrote:
toby, how many strokes did your friend use and how often did she do it.

just did the no lipo lipo massage. it takes a while, but i have more surface area on my legs than most.

is there a no lipo lipo massage technique for hips and butt?

She has faithfully done the 60 stokes with the mitt and the massage. I do the same thing for the hips and butt. I do the skin brushing in the morning and the massage at night to make it more manageable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
carole maggio doesn't show no lipo lipo massage for hips/butt, but i definitely need it there.

i hope this won't cause arthritis.

do you or anyone else that does the 60 brushes and 60 strokes start at 60 or did you work up to it?

which oil do people prefer? tried coconut which seemed to work well.
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Is mineral oil ok to use?
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Ladies. I just used the horse hair mitt for the first time tonight. it is soooo rough. Does your skin get used to it? Also did any of you get red bumps after using it? I'm wondering if maybe I am allergic or something?? My skin doesnt itch, there are just these red welt looking bumps all over where I did my storkes. I'm hoping that this is a temporary thing and maybe my skn just needs to get used to the mitt. I almost feel like my skin has been scratched it is so rough. Using no lipo lipo mostly for skin tightening and lifting and minor cellulite on backs of thighs and stomach. Thanks for your help. Candis
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 am      Reply with quote
The first time I used the horse hair mitt I was shocked at how rough it seemed on my skin so I went lightly for several days.....then my skin adjusted and it is no issue at all. I much prefer the horsehair mitt for the long haul but if your skin is sensitive it might be good to start with the less aggressive one.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Toby, your friend's progress is really encouraging for me as I bloat quite badly around my middle section. One day my waist can be slim and toned and the next it's 4" bigger, bloated and jiggly Shock

Does anyone know of a good place to buy this in the UK? Is there a downloadable version available anywhere?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
adelight wrote:
Toby, your friend's progress is really encouraging for me as I bloat quite badly around my middle section. One day my waist can be slim and toned and the next it's 4" bigger, bloated and jiggly Shock

Does anyone know of a good place to buy this in the UK? Is there a downloadable version available anywhere?

I am sure Carole Maggio ships internationally. You would probably have good results with this. Wink http://facercise.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=27

5% products discount

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
adelight wrote:

I am sure Carole Maggio ships internationally. You would probably have good results with this. Wink

Oh dear I feel so stupid now. I kept thinking that PAL was the US dvd that wouldn't work in the UK!! I'vfe found somewhere in the UK that sells it too but it doesn't come with the equipment.
adelight
5% products discount

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Right, I've got a copy of the dvd from a UK supplier but they were OOS of the mitts and straps. However, I got a Sissal Loofah Mitt and similar looking back strap from Home Bargains, but seeing as they cost about £1 for the two do you reckon they'll be any good?!
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered yesterday since the DVD is on sale for 29.99. I didn't want to invest too much money so I didn't opt to get the mitt at this time. I do have a brush to use that is supposedly good quality (Yerba Prima) since I had started skin brushing before but didn't stick with it. Do you think this will be okay to use until I get the mitt? I still plan on ordering Facercise, so maybe I will get a mitt when I order that. I also already have Vitamin E oil.
adelight
5% products discount

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I've only managed the knucle massage three times this month but have done the brushing every other day. I just really enjoy the brushing! I could definitely keep up the massage once every 1-2 weeks after I finish the course as it's really quite enjoyable and even the tiny results so far would make the effort worth it.
After the third massage I noticed a slight firming effect and my waist was visibly smaller. I haven't measured yet but judging by belts and clothes I'd estimate it's about 1/2-3/4". The most encouraging thing was that my boyfriend actually said my stomach was looking flatter.
The only negative is that I get little bruises on my thighs and it hurts a bit to do. Should it hurt more though? I find myself thinking "I could push harder but it hurts!".

I'll be doing my fourth massage today with brushing right before. I wand to include some massaging of the backs of my hips so will have to get searching for a technique.
I think now is the time to take a before photo before I forget again.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Okay gang these photos might inspire you. My friend reached the five week mark with no no lipo....she is mainly working on her tummy. She has gone from a 10 in her pants to a 6. I took these photos with my phone today.... should have taken one from the side......also wish we had befores. She hasn't changed her diet and she isn't exercising at all. On the second photo she is showing you with her thumb the holes on her belt that she was using five weeks ago and now you can see where she is! Go girl go!!!!

Did she do the program every day or just twice a week, like they do in Carole's spa? Just curious Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
She does the program daily....no dieting, no exercising!!! She looks even better now. I was with her at lunch and two colleagues come up and ask her what in the world is she doing to get so small....we both turned to each other and laughed because we could imagine trying to explain the no lipo lipo program with the group of men that were eating lunch with us. We told them that we would send them a link to the website later! Laughing My friend is in the process of writing a letter to Carole about how thrilled she is with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I just re-watched the No Lipo Lipo DVD all over again...it's been a very long time since I last watched it. I just realized that I think I might have been doing something wrong. For the legs, on the downstroke, do you apply any pressure? Or, are you only supposed to supply pressure on the upwards stroke? I've been applying equal and strong pressure on both the upward and downwards strokes. It just looked like that was what you were supposed to do and Carole says not to lift your hand off your skin, but if I listen closely to what she says on the DVD, it sounds like she is saying only to apply pressure on the upwards stroke. Is the theory supposed to be that (except for the tummy part where you do circles and such) that you apply pressure on the part of the stroke that moves closer to the heart? Maybe I have not been doing it in the optimal way?

Also, on the DVD, she says that on clients, she does the procedure twice a week (at least for the first 5 weeks). It seems implied in the DVD, though, that you can can do it daily--is this correct? Does this mean that in her spa, they are doing the same technique but pushing harder and hence people need to wait longer between sessions? Just curious.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
More pressure is applied in the upward strokes. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
More pressure is applied in the upward strokes. Wink

Ah, so light pressure on the downward strokes and heavy pressure on the upwards strokes? So it's okay to apply a little pressure on the downward strokes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Ok, so I just re-watched the No Lipo Lipo DVD all over again...it's been a very long time since I last watched it. I just realized that I think I might have been doing something wrong. For the legs, on the downstroke, do you apply any pressure? Or, are you only supposed to supply pressure on the upwards stroke? I've been applying equal and strong pressure on both the upward and downwards strokes. It just looked like that was what you were supposed to do and Carole says not to lift your hand off your skin, but if I listen closely to what she says on the DVD, it sounds like she is saying only to apply pressure on the upwards stroke. Is the theory supposed to be that (except for the tummy part where you do circles and such) that you apply pressure on the part of the stroke that moves closer to the heart? Maybe I have not been doing it in the optimal way?

Also, on the DVD, she says that on clients, she does the procedure twice a week (at least for the first 5 weeks). It seems implied in the DVD, though, that you can can do it daily--is this correct? Does this mean that in her spa, they are doing the same technique but pushing harder and hence people need to wait longer between sessions? Just curious.

I would say that the pressure applied in spa is going to be more intense than when you apply the pressure yourself. The technique is glide down and apply pressure on the way up... think reverse gravity here. I think most people back off if it feels a little uncomfortable. But, if you really dig in, you can break down cellulite deposits, sculpt the body and lift the skin doing this treatment on yourself. But, it will take longer to see results than if you went to the spa for twice weekly treatments because they are experts at it. I would say that as with everything, once you achieve your goal, depending upon your age and skin tone, the number of times you need to do the knuckle treatment each week to maintain your results will vary. Just like with facial exercise. That said, I would never stop doing the dry brushing. Dry brushing alone can actually tone and tighten the skin and the muscles beneath the skin. Particularly when you amp up the reps to 60 instead of the 30 she recommends on the DVD. I am absolutely amazed by this. Plus, it energizes you when you perform the dry brushing first thing in the morning. HTH, Aprile Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

I would say that the pressure applied in spa is going to be more intense than when you apply the pressure yourself....But, it will take longer to see results than if you went to the spa for twice weekly treatments because they are experts at it.

That's what I figured was probably the case...now if I can just someday happen to be near her spa....

aprile wrote:
The technique is glide down and apply pressure on the way up...think reverse gravity here.

Okay, great! That helps. I will focus on the glide part more now.

Aprile wrote:
I would say that as with everything, once you achieve your goal, depending upon your age and skin tone, the number of times you need to do the knuckle treatment each week to maintain your results will vary. Just like with facial exercise. That said, I would never stop doing the dry brushing. Dry brushing alone can actually tone and tighten the skin and the muscles beneath the skin. Particularly when you amp up the reps to 60 instead of the 30 she recommends on the DVD. I am absolutely amazed by this. Plus, it energizes you when you perform the dry brushing first thing in the morning. HTH, Aprile Smile

Ok, great. So it sounds like for now, I can do the knuckle massage every day. But once I go into maintenance, I can do it less...maybe like 2 times per week or something like that. However, I should always continue to do the drybrushing every day, is that correct?

Thanks so much, Aprile Smile I really appreciate it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
CM ~ Definitely perform the dry brushing every day. You will be amazed how great it feels and what it can do for the skin and the muscles beneath. I would have never believed it had I not seen for myself that indeed my muscles are more toned. I try, but do not do the knuckle massage treatment every day. I do it at least 4-5 times a week. My legs and arms and stomach are all well toned. I am over 50 and do not exercise strenuously. I do a walk/run every morning with my dog. I sometimes use light weights for my arms. However, they look very toned as if I were doing arm exercises every day. My legs and thighs are also very toned and have cuts. I attribute this entirely to No Lipo Lipo. It's a wonderful program and anyone can succeed with it. But for me, anyway, the real dramatic results came when I amped up the reps to 60. Best, Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info and the inspiration, Aprile Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |