Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Further to all of the above. I just recently purchased a genuine Canon Camera on Ebay (which also shipped out of Hong Kong) for AUD$353.00 with free postage, which retails here in Australia for AUD$699.00.

If I had seen the Ebay SF, knock-off or not, I would have purchased it. The fact that it may not be genuine wouldn't worry me because electronics are quite often badged differently but come out of the same factory.

I'm so annoyed because I've been diligently searching Ebay for a SF, and the minute I purchase one, there they are! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, maybe you can return your unit. You haven't had it very long, right? The eBay seller still has 7 units left.
Just a thought...
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Also Keliu, you didn't see it because it's listed under Sporting Goods NOT Health & Beauty, where we would look.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu, maybe you can return your unit. You haven't had it very long, right? The eBay seller still has 7 units left.
Just a thought...

Well, that's what I'm thinking of, I've only used it once. I'm checking to see if there's a return policy on the SL website.

I checked all the categories on Ebay, I also searched the UK and Hong Kong sites - I swear it must have only recently been listed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Here you go Photoqueen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150398566286&Category=15274&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

It may not be a knock-off - the SF is manufactured in China after all. In addition, the old adage of "You get what you pay for" doesn't really apply in this world anymore. They're probably manufacturing the "real" SF devices for next to nothing in China anyway.

I have been looking to purchase one from a cheaper source but that link seems to no longer work. It says the item is no longer available or have been removed. Sounds like Ebay might have taken it down.

I did find one seller that is selling it but the price is going for $380 USD.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,

just do a search for Slendertone Face and you will find it. Same seller, same price. I am ashamed, but I could not resist and bought one too.

Hope that it will be the real thing, if not ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa, there is 5 left. Hurry.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought #6

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Just bought one then. Gawd I am such a lemming Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Lisa, there is 5 left. Hurry.

I think I am going to wait and see what the consensus is of them. I just noticed that the seller up the available number to 9 now just after a few minutes when I found it and it said 5 available.

So they probably have more.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like it will be a little while before there can be a consensus about this item. The shipping details state "Seller ships within 20 day after receiving cleared payment."

Within 20 days seems like a long time to ship it out. Since Ebay doesn't show the Paypal or actual address of the company until the purchase is made, does anyone who purchased it have an address of the actual company that payment was made to? If so could someone please PM the info?

Thanks
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
PQ, Please don't complain yet... Wait till they ship my unit. They may be shut down and prevented from shipping. Promise you'll wait a week before you contact ST.

Of course - let me know, then I will call Sales and Harrods - I am furious.

P

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Here you go Photoqueen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150398566286&Category=15274&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

It may not be a knock-off - the SF is manufactured in China after all. In addition, the old adage of "You get what you pay for" doesn't really apply in this world anymore. They're probably manufacturing the "real" SF devices for next to nothing in China anyway.

Thanks Keliu - I am sure you are feeling the same as me - I paid the full price and was an early adopter, I shall certainly not do this again and scan Ebay until I find a bargain in the future, but as soon as you all have your units, will write to Slendertone.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am      Reply with quote
The Ebay supplier only ships to United States and Australia - which makes me feel a little better as they don't ship to the UK.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Bellezza wrote:
PQ, Please don't complain yet... Wait till they ship my unit. They may be shut down and prevented from shipping. Promise you'll wait a week before you contact ST.

P

PQ:

Since you have one that was purchased from ST/Harrods does it say anywhere on it or in the instructions where it is made?

photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:59 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Bellezza wrote:

P

PQ:

Since you have one that was purchased from ST/Harrods does it say anywhere on it or in the instructions where it is made?

There is nothing in the manual -
http://www.slendertone.com/Face/downloads/face_im_eng.pdf

The text on the back of the unit is not clear where it was made.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Bellezza wrote:

P

PQ:

PQ

Thanks for the response
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
The Ebay supplier only ships to United States and Australia - which makes me feel a little better as they don't ship to the UK.

PQ

Yeh, I wonder why they only ship to US and Australia now. Right after I found the listing there were 5 available and it stated that they shipped Worldwide. Even looking at the majority of the other items this seller has currently up for sale...most state on those pages that the items are shipped worldwide.

I noticed on the revisions that the quantity and shipping terms were modified. Now there are 9 available and now they only ship to the US or Australia.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

Mine, which I purchased from Slendertone.com says quite clearly that it is manufactured in China.

Philip - The first Ebay item said it only shipped to the US, so I emailed them and asked if they shipped to Australia. They said they do, it was then that they updated the item to say US and Australia. I'm sure if you asked, they would also ship to the UK.

I am furious too - I have emailed Slendertone and asked if I can return it, still waiting to hear back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I just had a look at the Invoice that was shipped with the Slendertone - it came from a company called Bio-Medical Research Ltd. in Galway, Ireland. The Country of Origin is listed on the invoice as CHINA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I just had a look at the Invoice that was shipped with the Slendertone - it came from a company called Bio-Medical Research Ltd. in Galway, Ireland. The Country of Origin is listed on the invoice as CHINA.

Yeh I remember reading an article about them when looking into the Slendertone.

Here is their website:

http://www.bmr.ie/
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I can't find this on ebay, has ot been taken down ?

Jackie xx
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
It looks like it will be a little while before there can be a consensus about this item. The shipping details state "Seller ships within 20 day after receiving cleared payment."

Within 20 days seems like a long time to ship it out. Since Ebay doesn't show the Paypal or actual address of the company until the purchase is made, does anyone who purchased it have an address of the actual company that payment was made to? If so could someone please PM the info?

Thanks

I did not read the shipping details... 20 days isn't reasonable. Their feedbacks often claim "fast shipping". Maybe they are manufacturing the units as we buy? This is weird.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

Mine, which I purchased from Slendertone.com says quite clearly that it is manufactured in China.

Philip - The first Ebay item said it only shipped to the US, so I emailed them and asked if they shipped to Australia. They said they do, it was then that they updated the item to say US and Australia. I'm sure if you asked, they would also ship to the UK.

I am furious too - I have emailed Slendertone and asked if I can return it, still waiting to hear back.

Keliu - let me know what Slendertone say.

I can't return mine I bought it in Harrods and I am sure they are not interested in the price war.

I will raise it directly with Slendertone but I am sure I won't get my money back.

P

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I can't find this on ebay, has ot been taken down ?

Jackie xx

Try this

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Slendertone-Face-Tone-the-Muscles-Lift-the-Face-Hot_W0QQitemZ150398566286QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230473ff8e

Seller name is watchstore09

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |