Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
My guess is since EDS is widely viewed by distributors as well as actual members the word got out quickly what was happening. This is not the first time that ebay folks got their hands slapped by the company producing the products when they got wind of it. This happened with the Stop and also Bare Minerals.

In the past there have been other sellers on ebay in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore websites selling STF and those auctions were completed. Yes, they were not as cheap as $95.00 but one or two that I remember within the past month or two went for as low as $200. There are currently four active auctions on the UK site at this moment.

So it sounds like this had something to do with this seller. Why give the excuse that their out of stock when they stated clearly they had available ones...and even stranger is why the 20 days to ship. They should just say I am sorry but I or Ebay was contacted by the company and forced to remove the auction. That would be more understandable and would not anger customers. And if they legitimately purchased them from a supplier/manufacturer then they can sell them as cheap as they want.

When I studied international business in college it is well known that things made in China are made for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't be suprised if the STF costed about $20 or $25 to make. If someone legally purchases them from the supplier/manufacturer for these wholesale prices then legally they can sell them for however low they want to.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
When I studied international business in college it is well known that things made in China are made for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't be suprised if the STF costed about $20 or $25 to make. If someone legally purchases them from the supplier/manufacturer for these wholesale prices then legally they can sell them for however low they want to.

Totally agree. But the markets in Hong Kong are full of stuff that has "fallen off the back of a truck". Anyway, I actually don't have much faith in the ability of any of these types of devices to lift sagging skin - if it does, it will have been worth every penny I paid for it. Will report back if and when and see any results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
The eBay deal did not work out. I got the following email from seller:

Firstly..i'm so sorry ,because your order item has been out and none of them is left in the stock...so i'll refund your money..

may be next months the product will be in stock..so if u need again,.I'll contact you later..

Thank for your support..i'm so sorry dear friend..

- watchesstore09

I'm highly disappointed and don't understand how they list "10 items available" and then announce they're out of stock. I was #2 to buy... Has anyone else got a similar email from them?

I can't figure out why your order (#2) was canceled and mine (#6) wasn't. This is the email I received. I did check paypal also and there hasn't been a refund so I guess at some point in time I will be receiving it.

I need to tell,your order is in process now,
so i will tell you soon, as i shipped your item.....,
please wait.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Don't tell me!!!
I'll never figure this one out.
How many people here have ordered from Watchesstore and have been told item is out of stock? Has anyone been told it's in process like Frodo? Please post your experiences with the STF listing.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
OMG! Don't tell me!!!
I'll never figure this one out.
How many people here have ordered from Watchesstore and have been told item is out of stock? Has anyone been told it's in process like Frodo? Please post your experiences with the STF listing.

This is like something from the Twilight Zone.

It doesn't make sense why yours would be out of stock but someone who bought it later then you was in stock.

Maybe they found some today that "fell off the back of a truck" Bad Grin and is now fulfilling the ones who did not get a refund.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa, was your bid cancelled?
Did you contact eBay?
And did you leave Feedbacks?

I would like to pursue this but I don't know what to do...
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I also got notification that my order was cancelled and the money will be refunded.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Lisa, was your bid cancelled?
Did you contact eBay?
And did you leave Feedbacks?

I would like to pursue this but I don't know what to do...

No I didn't make a bid on this.

It just seemed weird with the 20 day shipping period and then I had also heard, like one poster said, that there were some quality issues with some of the earlier models so I wondered if these were those earlier models.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I also got notification that my order was cancelled and the money will be refunded.

HTH

Has your money been refunded yet?

Oh by the way, for the ones who got a refund I don't know if they can leave feedback since the sale was canceled. For the ones who have been told that the sale is canceled but have not gotten a refund yet can probably still leave feedback.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
What we know so far:

Bellezza, Sigma & Katebargold had their bids cancelled.

Frodo's bid looks like is going thru.

Can we hear from Sunshinetreasure & Toby?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I didn't get any notice and then last night I emailed him and this morning had an email that it was out of stock.Also there was a credit to my paypal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
What we know so far:

I was talking to a friend today who has more experience with Paypal and Ebay then I do and he mentioned that once an order is canceled it is hard to leave negative feedback with Ebay or Paypal about a transaction since it technicaly did not go through.

He also mentioned that in the past few years Paypal has become more stricter on sellers who make multiple refunds within a short period of time. It can raise a red flag that something might not be right with an account.

If I had to guess what might be going on here after talking to my friend...I would guess that since Frodo was number 6 and if I remember right there were only 6 or 7 sold right before the auction was taken down...I would bet that the seller might have sent that letter saying it would be processed to just hold off any negative feedback until they can eventually refund it without making to many refunds through Paypal in a short time period.

I hope Frodo does get one and then we can all see what the quality of it is...but I wouldn't be suprised if Frodo gets an email in a few days or a week saying that the order is canceled. If everyone who got a canelation notice has not already recived their refund then the seller must be spacing them out.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
Bellezza wrote:
What we know so far:

I was talking to a friend today who has more experience with Paypal and Ebay then I do and he mentioned that once an order is canceled it is hard to leave negative feedback with Ebay or Paypal about a transaction since it technicaly did not go through.

He also mentioned that in the past few years Paypal has become more stricter on sellers who make multiple refunds within a short period of time. It can raise a red flag that something might not be right with an account.

If I had to guess what might be going on here after talking to my friend...I would guess that since Frodo was number 6 and if I remember right there were only 6 or 7 sold right before the auction was taken down...I would bet that the seller might have sent that letter saying it would be processed to just hold off any negative feedback until they can eventually refund it without making to many refunds through Paypal in a short time period.

I hope Frodo does get one and then we can all see what the quality of it is...but I wouldn't be suprised if Frodo gets an email in a few days or a week saying that the order is canceled.

I just got canceled as well at 1am this morning. Here is what she said on the cancelation notice.

Note from seller
Firstly..i'm so sorry ,because your order item has been out and none of them is left in the stock...so i'll refund your money.. maybe it is in stock next month..so if u need again,.I'll contact you later..

Needless to say I emailed her back with a not so nice reply.

Oh well, maybe this is a good thing. I am wondering what made her cancel all the orders. Could she have heard from the company itself with a "cease to sell" comment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Lisa, what you said makes a lot of sense.
I think they listed on a promise that whomever is manufacturing the STF in H.K. would sell them 10 or more units, then realized they wouldn't get any.
Their listing for ST abs also says 'ship in 20 days', yet some of their feedbacks say "fast shipping"
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Oh well, maybe this is a good thing. I am wondering what made her cancel all the orders. Could she have heard from the company itself with a "cease to sell" comment.

I would guess it would have to be something else. If a seller legitimately purchased units from a supplier/manufacturer then they can sell them for whatever they want. Some other sellers on the UK and Singapore Ebay have gone for as low as $200 new and I am sure that the companies who sell it for $300 to $400 don't like that but they can't really do anything about it unless the seller got the items illegally or they were knowingly selling defective items.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Lisa, what you said makes a lot of sense.
I think they listed on a promise that whomever is manufacturing the STF in H.K. would sell them 10 or more units, then realized they wouldn't get any.
Their listing for ST abs also says 'ship in 20 days', yet some of their feedbacks say "fast shipping"

Yeh...they probably thought they could get a certain number for a certain price and so they put it up on Ebay and probably later found out they either couldn't get them or that the price had gone up to purchase them from the manufacturer/supplier.

Either way they are not being completely honest in their reply by saying they are out of stock because I doubt the actual manufacturer is out of stock since they probably make them on a daily basis.
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I received the same notice that Froto posted stating that my order had been processed .

Today I received an email canceling the order and refunding my pay pal account.

Is there any way that they can get any personal or financial info from a purchase made with pay pal?
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
It might be a good idea if we all write to customer srv. at eBay cswebhelp@ebay.com
and mention this.
I sent them an email, but only because my eBay account shows I have to pay for one item/I have to leave feedback for 1 item. If the listing has been removed my account shouldn't read that.

I doubt they can get personal/financial info from Paypal.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
Yesterday I received the same notice that Froto posted stating that my order had been processed .

Today I received an email canceling the order and refunding my pay pal account.

Is there any way that they can get any personal or financial info from a purchase made with pay pal?
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

From what I know of Paypal they only send the seller your address and contact info...they are not suppose to send any credit card or financial info...they kinda serve as a middleman who sends the money to the seller but doesn't release your financial info.

Did anyone get an actual name of the seller or was it a company name and on the paypal receipt was their contact and address information a "verified" address or a "non-verified" address?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
For your entertainment, I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtZjBhwOarw

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

That was a riot...her outfit was so laughable.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

That was a riot...her outfit was so laughable.

Absolutely hilarious!!! ......but isn't that Claudia from Flexeffect!! Sorry Claudia Laughing

On a more serious note - the model in this promo is again placing the paddles very high on the cheek area, it's very misleading, and confusing. My paddles seem to end up just above my jawline.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
It is my understanding that when selling on ebay that you MUST have the product on hand and ready to ship. The seller in this case probably did not have the items and therefore told a lie regarding that she ran out. I will be emailing ebay regarding this problem. And will also mention that the seller states that shipping would accur in 20 days, which IMO is insane. Shipping in 20 days in hindsight means they don't have the item ready for shipment, let alone in their possession.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
And why did seller need our phone no? We don't even have a name...
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
They did not ask for my phone number.
The name on the refund is: nur maisarah adika.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |