Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
They asked me for a phone number too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
All going as before and happy with the results.
Has anyone any updates on their treatment to share?
Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have anything to share - but it's early days for me. I've just had my two days rest period and before that I did notice my jaw was a bit sore, whether that was caused by the SF, I don't know. I read on the Tua Trend thread that Tina recommends using a low rather than high setting - maybe that applies to the SF as well. I was using it on the highest setting possible of course.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I've recently purchased this after using both of the Cleo's in the past and liked the concept of a 'hands free' gadget but I'm having real problems with the gel pads not sticking to the unit and moving around if I need to adjust it. Another thing I've found is that after 5 uses my lower jaw and teeth are really sore (to the point where I'm taking painkillers for toothache caused by sensitivity) and wondering if this is due to the SF?

Does anyone else notice this?

I'm using it on setting 50ish.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx wrote:
I've recently purchased this after using both of the Cleo's in the past and liked the concept of a 'hands free' gadget but I'm having real problems with the gel pads not sticking to the unit and moving around if I need to adjust it. Another thing I've found is that after 5 uses my lower jaw and teeth are really sore (to the point where I'm taking painkillers for toothache caused by sensitivity) and wondering if this is due to the SF?

Does anyone else notice this?

I'm using it on setting 50ish.

The pads needs to be very firmly pushed onto the headset.

I have spoken to Slendertone Technical Support and suggested their pads are thicker and easier to handle.

I am not having any problems with my jaw etc.

50 sounds like a really good level to work at.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply PQ.

I'm taking 2 days off now and will start again on wed AM.

I've already ruined 2 prs of pads because they either won't stick to the unit or they roll up at the edges if I move them around during the 20 min programme.

I was wondering, as the SF works the cranial nerve, could I have over stimulated the nerves around my teeth at all and caused the sensitivity?

You are using it at a much higher intensity than I am, do I need to aim to increase gradually or should I still get results on a lower setting?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx wrote:
Thanks for the reply PQ.

I'm taking 2 days off now and will start again on wed AM.
Sounds like a good move.

I've already ruined 2 prs of pads because they either won't stick to the unit or they roll up at the edges if I move them around during the 20 min programme.
I have done this and found that pushing the pad hard stops this for me.

I was wondering, as the SF works the cranial nerve, could I have over stimulated the nerves around my teeth at all and caused the sensitivity?
It is very possible it happened to me with the Cleo.

You are using it at a much higher intensity than I am, do I need to aim to increase gradually or should I still get results on a lower setting?
I would work at a setting that is comfortable,

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
PQ, how long did your sensitivity last and did it feel like an 'electric shock' in your tooth every time you touched it?

I'm really worried now after having read this:
Trigeminal neuralgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you have any idea if this could be possible please?
Looking at the SF diagram of the facial nerves, it corresponds directly with how the Trigeminal neuralgia would occur.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
From reading about the Trigeminal neuralgia it certainly sounds very drastic. If the SF is causing you unbearable pain, I certainly wouldn't be using it. However, if it is just a prickling sensation in the teeth, I wouldn't worry but I would definitely turn down the intensity.

I have dental implants and when I use some microcurrent machines (like the Tua Viso or SF) I can feel some discomfort. I did write to Slendertone about this and I think I posted their reply earlier. Anyway, they said that if I was really concerned I should contact my dentist. They also said that trials of the SF had also been conducted with people with dental implants and there were no side effects.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I know it sounds drastic but my symptoms seem exactly the same and, looking at the diagrams, the T nerve is directly stimulated by the SF.

I haven't used the SF now for 2 days and the pain in 1 of my teeth is unbearable at the moment (I'm taking a combination of painkillers every 2 hours).

It is a shooting pain like an electric shock every time my tongue or lip touches it and if my teeth bite on it I'm through the roof!

Slendertone are unavailable until after the holidays but I have an appt with my dentist tomorrow.

I know Slendertone conducted trials of the product and I hope it is nothing to do with the SF as I really want to be able to use it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that doesn't sound too good at all. Let us know what happens after you've seen your dentist. Take care.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu, will let you know how it goes, maybe it's just coincidence and I need a root canal. Crying or Very sad
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:30 am      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx -

I got the Cleo out yesterday and tried to simulate the pain I had in my teeth - and after moving the jaw pad around I got the pain again in my teeth, after the moving the pad off the jawline it went! To answer your question, the pain whilst using the Cleo goes immediately after I turn the unit off, it feels like a nasty tinkling along my teeth.

I don't get this type of pain with SL.

I think you are doing the right thing by speaking to your dentist and slendertone.

I have not experienced any pain whilst using SL.

Good luck.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
PQ Thanks, I've felt that same tingling sensation when using the Cleo and I've also never felt the electric shock type of pain in my teeth whilst using the SF - it started 5 days after I began using it.

I've been to the dentist today and he is puzzled as to what the problem is because my tooth isn't showing signs of needing a root canal but it is indeed very jumpy.

He took some x-rays which appear fine so he gave me a course of antibiotics just in case and I have to go back when I finish them.

I'm hoping by then I will have been able to contact Slendertone and get their views on it.

In the meantime, I'm going to put my SF back in the box until I know more about it.

Having only done five 20min sessions it's hard to belive SF can be the cause but it DOES work the cranial facial nerve which branches down to the teeth, so who knows?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I have emailed Slendertone UK and their PR office, asking them to consider increasing the thickness/strength of the pads, to stop them: curling, not fixing to the headset and also they are very hard to handle.

I will report back.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi photoqueen,

thanks for replying. The machine is by beautiko, a company that do alot of devices, like electrolysis pens etc for home use. The machine its self is called Magic Face,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie

I will see what I can find out for you about pad placement.

Take care

PQx

Jackie

I am still chasing the company for you.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi photoqueen,

thanks for replying. The machine is by beautiko, a company that do alot of devices, like electrolysis pens etc for home use. The machine its self is called Magic Face,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie

I will see what I can find out for you about pad placement.

Take care

PQx

Jackie

I am still chasing the company for you.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
How is SF going for you, PQ?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

I'd also like to know how your Sculptra is going - I've forgotten which thread it was that you posted about it on. Are you still using the SF whilst waiting for the Sculptra to kick in?

Also, check out this thread and watch the documentary. The journalist has Sculptra and her cheeks turn out very nicely.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=510621#510621

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
semayden wrote:

I'd also like to know how your Sculptra is going - I've forgotten which thread it was that you posted about it on. Are you still using the SF whilst waiting for the Sculptra to kick in?

Also, check out this thread and watch the documentary. The journalist has Sculptra and her cheeks turn out very nicely.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=510621#510621

Semayden and Keliu -

I have put SL on hold for a few weeks as I wanted the Sculptra to settle in. I have also been using some Obagi and Retin A to give my skin a spring clean - a bit early I know, so I don't want to put pads on whilst the retin A is working.

Thanks for the link will have a look at it.

The Sculptra will take about 3 to 4 months to show - so will keep an eye on it. The process was just like having filler.

SL will be back on my face next week.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have put SL on hold for a few weeks as I wanted the Sculptra to settle in. I have also been using some Obagi and Retin A to give my skin a spring clean - a bit early I know, so I don't want to put pads on whilst the retin A is working.

I can understand not using the SF on top of the Sculptra, but don't see how it would effect the Retin-A. I've used it every night for about the last two years, and I've never thought about it interfering with all of the gadgets. I do apply it last thing though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I can understand not using the SF on top of the Sculptra, but don't see how it would effect the Retin-A. I've used it every night for about the last two years, and I've never thought about it interfering with all of the gadgets. I do apply it last thing though.

I over did it on the Retin-A - I used 0.01 and have dropped to 0.025 - all calm now but my skin was too red to put an electrode on it - my skin has now recovered and looks smooth as a babies b*m.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody else worry about high tightly the headset clamps to their head? Mine is like a vice and squishes my whole lower face which exaggerates all the things I'm trying to fix. Which brings me to the gel pads - there is no way I need sticky pads to glue this device to my head, because, as I've already said, it fits like a vice. I'm wondering if I could just put a dab of Tac Gel on the paddles when I run out of the gel pads.

Also, how often is everyone changing the pads - mine never seem like they need changing because the grip is so strong. But does the conductivity lessen over time?

I'm not seeing any results yet - but haven't done the full 60 days. However, as I've said in the past, I have no faith in these devices. Maybe those that have a more positive attitude to them see better results. (I believe in the power of positive thinking).

I will definitely continue using the SF though because it's a no-brainer, unlike the Tua Viso, it takes no effort to use.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, This is my first post here, I found the forum after searching for reviews on the Slendertone Face and after some hesitation decided to bite the bullet and purchase one.

I've only used it twice so far so can't report back on whether it actually works for me but I experienced the same initial frustrations with the pads which are so fiddly to attach and yes, I managed to ruin the first one I tried to put on. It seems a common complaint that Slendertone really should address especially as they're not especially cheap.

My main query for other users here is the placement of the pads - do they sit high on the face just on/under the cheekbone or do they sit almost on the jawline. I've spent the first 5 minutes of each session so far just trying to work out what feels right and am sure that I haven't found the right position yet. Secondly should there be a visible muscle movement? I'm getting a much stronger pull on the left side. Does that mean that the right is positioned incorrectly or that it's just that side of my face is weaker and needs more power - should I be keeping the power the same on both sides or can each be different? I'm sure I'll get the hang of it but any help appreciated. Thanks
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Welcome ChristopheB! Very Happy

I think most of us have been a little confused about the placement of the pads. The instructions aren't very clear - in fact, they're totally inadequate. In the instructions it says to place the pads below the cheekbones which, for me, has them resting practically on my jawline. The model in the pictures is shown wearing the headset much higher - but I think this is because if she were to wear the headset as per the instructions her face would be squished like a prune, which isn't a good look!

I turn the intensity up so that I can feel and see some twitching around the mouth but I think the instructions say that your eyes shouldn't twitch. I don't think the intensity needs to be exactly the same for both cheeks, otherwise they wouldn't have two separate switches. I also find I have to up the intensity slightly for the right cheek.HTH.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |