Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Katy, I like the idea of the Slendertone, but to honest I just loathe sticky pads - they are such a pest, esp when the sticky gets tacky and unsticky! I love my safetox, but hate the pads; I also have a Cleo-type device which I never use because the pads only last a short while.

I was leaning toward the Tua (Viso or Tr'end?) because you don't have to stick anything on your face - I don't mind holding it while I watch TV at all, I do that with my BQ and it is preferable to (non-)sticky pads.

Lipgloss - how do you find holding the Tr'end? When you say you like it - is that because the treatment feels pleasant (like the BQ for me) or because you can actually see results?

My current wishlist: face firming device (tua/slendertone), collagen renewal (stop) and the Clarisonic face cleaner.

KL
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Karenlee. I too have the Cleo, it has been in the cupboard for many years because I did not like the sticky pads either. The SLT face is basically one pad per cheek(made of two sort of joined sections), it is nothing like the hassle of the Cleo.The pads last a long time if you have a clean face to start before treatment. Wash with the Clarisonic first, then wipe over the cheek area with a damp microfibre cloth.

With the TV's, I could not watch TV while using them, as you have to position them carefully & watch in a mirror that you are "twitching" the correct muscle with the correct strength, also your eyes will twitch, so it is difficult with some positionings to see television/read etc. To use the TV correctly you need to really pay attention.

I hope I am not going off topic too much here but felt I had to mention the Tua Viso in relation to the ease of use of the SLT Face.

With the SLT, you will find your eyes also twitch, but once you have the pads in position you can vacuum, do your emails, make the beds etc. This simply is not poss with the TV.

NOTE: some people & indeed the instruction manual says your eyes should not twitch, I like to jack up the power & so go for a twitch.I want the unit to work in the same amnner the Tua Viso works for me, which in turn gives me results.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Karenlee. I too have the Cleo, it has been in the cupboard for many years because I did not like the sticky pads either. The SLT face is basically one pad per cheek(made of two sort of joined sections), it is nothing like the hassle of the Cleo.The pads last a long time if you have a clean face to start before treatment. Wash with the Clarisonic first, then wipe over the cheek area with a damp microfiber cloth.

With the TV's, I could not watch TV while using them, as you have to position them carefully & watch in a mirror that you are "twitching" the correct muscle with the correct strength, also your eyes will twitch, so it is difficult with some positionings to see television/read etc. To use the TV correctly you need to really pay attention.

I hope I am not going off topic too much here but felt I had to mention the Tua Viso in relation to the ease of use of the SLT Face.

With the SLT, you will find your eyes also twitch, but once you have the pads in position you can vacuum, do your emails, make the beds etc. This simply is not poss with the TV, at least not for me.

NOTE: some people & indeed the instruction manual says your eyes should not twitch, I like to jack up the power & so go for a twitch.I want the unit to work in the same manner the Tua Viso works for me, which in turn gives me results.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Katy, please keep us informed after a few weeks as to whether you prefer the TV or ST.

Thanks
KL
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with Cooking Katy - I also have both the TV and SF and the SF is an absolute no-brainer to use, so convenient. I'm actually wearing it as I type now.

I found the TV to be too much of a chore to use, whereas with the SF, you just simply place it on the head and relax.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
hi - any updates?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy are you still doing facial exercises as well as SLTF. I'd love to try the SLTF but just don't have the money, but the fact you can do it vacuuming sold that to me! Laughing
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I have been using the Slender tone Face for just over 2 weeks now, still far too early for a proper report, but I have to say I am delighted with the present results. My face is looking toned & looks more lifted.

I am still using one of the original pads from day one, the other got fankled up & wrecked, but now I know how to get the unit on & off correctly I can foresee that the pads could potentially last a very long time, so the consumables have longevity.

I must confess to turning the unit up quite high now-a-days for the firming programme, & this is making my eyes close with each pulse, so instead of fighting this I have been lying on my back on the floor for the 20 minutes with the unit ramped up to 70 (max is 99) & my eyes closed (very relaxing). So I have not been vacuuming whilst using it latterly!!!! but on a lower setting this, & other activities could certainly be carried out.

It is soooooo easy to use Shock I am completely sold, having been scathing originally, that something with only one contact point per cheek could actually work all the muscles of the face, but it does Shock

In a more normal strength (let's call it vacuuming strength tee-hee) if I lay my fingers on different parts of my face I can feel all the twitching going on under the skin, from my mouth corners to my eyebrows lifting, spooky.

The placing of the unit is a bit tricky, Keliu is correct when she says that it pushes the cheeks in, mine too (chipmunk springs to mind, a most unattractive sight, which makes the aging face look worse), but by tilting my head up & jutting out my jaw the whole thing shifts position & is held in a more comfortable position which also looks a bit better , this is easy to achieve when lying on your back. Some times I place it higher on the cheek area & this strongly works the eye area, other times I move it down a bit , although there is limited space to do this without it hanging over the jaw edge, & this seems to not have such a strong effect on the muscles higher up on the face. This is probably my only complaint, that Slendertone do not have a diagram of correct placement.

To answer the question "Am I still doing FE?" Well, no,not really, although I try & do the eye exercises a few times a week. I am not good at sticking with face exercises, I am too lazy & hate standing before the mirror. I have to say the SLT Face is much simpler, but let me give it time & see what the 12 week mark heralds. Because of the simplicity of use I think it will be easy to stick with regular use of this unit.

I was hoping Photoqueen might have logged in to give us some updates on progress - any news PQ?

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Know exactly what you mean.... gosh I'm going to have to save up for one of those!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Further update:

Today I have put on some foundation/base, which I have not worn since the start of the Slender tone face usage, but instead have been slopping around with a nude face & sun block.

Well.......now I can definitely see quite a difference in my face, as I would normally wear make-up, I know how I should normally look. My cheek bones are showing & my cheeks definitely lifted. I have a very pleasing little nipped in bit below my cheekbones Shock while the actual cheek area is lifted, fuller, almost rounder. This effect is quite apparent in profile where the dreaded NL lines are looking decidedly better, much more pulled back. Gosh this is exciting. I am beginning to wonder if I have actually found the perfect gadget - that is, one which is easy to use (effortless) & shows results. How marvellous would that be? Laughing

I have researched on the web reviews of the Slendertone face, but they seem limited. I did come up with some snippets from Marie Helvin, where she said her friend had been using the Slendertone face which had given her killer cheeks, spurred on by this, Marie had purchased one too, further on she she gave some reviews that she too was pleased with her results.

Have a look at her cheeks, this shape is what I am beginning to see with mine. Previously only achieved with many months of a particular Carol Maggio exercise.

I should have said in my earlier posting that I am still using the Safetox daily too, but seemed unable to edit it & add this point.

PQ please do give us your SLT Face news.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 am      Reply with quote
This is the last post that PQ posted....looks like he is getting more salon treatments and not having time to spend with the home devices...sure miss his reviews!! Crying or Very sad
DarkMoon wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Still around and watching posts when I can, but life has over taken everything.

Paying for CACI, Crystal Clear and Strawberry laser, to keep things going, whilst not using home kit much.

Evie growing up quickly.

Love to all.

Photoqueen
x

Lurking around eh? Smile Sounds like RL is keeping you hopping these days! As long as you and your crew are well that's what's so important. It's nice that you pop in when you have a bit of free time! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, I had not apprecaited that this was why PQ had "gone quiet". I agree Crying or Very sad A great loss.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I also think that Evie is taking up his free time too! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'll second that PQ was soo nice and informative to me too. He's a doll but I hope that he's taking care of himself and little Evie.
Cooking Katy wrote:
Crying or Very sad A great loss.
bkins

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, completely new to this spot or indeed forums of any kind. Just tried the new slendertone face for the first time yesterday. Not sure I have it positioned correctly, but have followed instructions and advice here. My left eye continues to twitch but my right doesnt; weird!! Anybody know if it helps with wrinkles around the eye, between eyebrows etc or is it more focused on lower face? Also, I saw that some of you are using safetox as well; would you recommend it? It seems to be the oppositive theory to slender tone face in that it inhibits muscles. Can anybody enlighten me?? Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 am      Reply with quote
4 weeks of usage of Slendertone Face

I feel I have reached a bit of a plateau at the moment. I had been using the SLT Face at about 70, which I said in an earlier post, made my eyes close each time & therefore I just lay down when using it. I went back over all the info on usage & it says it is not necessary to use it so strongly, so I backed off & went down to 45. I don't feel this does enough for me, so will return to high again tomorrow. I apply eye cream thickly during high treatment as my eyes crinkle up & I don't want to encourage wrinkles Shock

I am still not sure if I am placing the pads correctly. Again today I have visited the site & looked at the diagram. The side view shows the top of the pad sitting level with the middle of the ear, so I will try this slightly higher position tomorrow. Link to position diagram:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/Facial-Muscles/Facts.aspx

If I place it further forward than a skinny finger's width from my ear my cheeks all pucker up & highlight the nasolabial folds, I don't think this is too good, so try & jut out my chin to stop this.

I suppose 4 weeks is too early to see any huge difference, although the nice little nipped in bits at my cheek are a good result.

The more I try out new gadgets, the more I am finding that the right-hand side of my face is much less responsive than the left.The muscles all twitch differently. I was aware of this with Tua Viso but you can place the pads differently for each side, I am finding it tricky with the SLT face. I try & give the right hand side a higher operating level, but now am beginning to wonder if the right is actually the stronger side, which would figure since I am right handed, & the left twitches about more because it is weaker? Yet my left eyebrow is higher than the right Confused & the left side feels more toned & firm - Gosh I sound like a freak, goodness knows what visual picture I have conjured up in your mind's eye. Link to 3 case studies, one of these woman (Bev Monkman page 2) also finds one side of her face is very different from the other:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/Proven-Results/CaseStudies.aspx

I must confess I am confused & feel in my heart the right side IS the weaker side. Anybody else have this problem?

A very positive outcome of SLT Face usage is the great glow the skin has. People are saying my skin looks great & how well I look, so maybe you just get used to looking at the same old face every day. I must go back & look at some pics taken earlier in the year & see what has changed.

I started using the Skindream Titanium two weeks ago, & am wondering if the new skin coming up to the surface, coupled with all that I am doing to my face at present has perhaps made me feel a slight plateau has been reached with SLT Face.

Link to Skindream Titanium:

http://www.skindream-titanium.com/

Well, these are my thoughts (ramblings)at present. I am looking forward to the 12 week mark, but will report any further changes if they occur earlier.

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Used new positioning mentioned in previous post this morning - top of pad level with middle of the ear & lower part of pad more angled forward. I also was back up at the strong setting of 70, both these factors improved performance, giving the lifted & toned look I had been getting before reducing the power level about 10 days ago.

However, this positioning still squished my face forward, highlighting the nasolabial folds, & causing pouching around the sides of the mouth, which am not too keen on as I feel this makes the the lines here worse after a treatment, as the they have been sitting creased forward, setting themselves in place for the 20 minutes of treatment!

Keliu - you said you had this pouching effect too. What are your thoughts & observations on increase in line formation around the NLs & mouth?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
However, this positioning still squished my face forward, highlighting the nasolabial folds, & causing pouching around the sides of the mouth, which am not too keen on as I feel this makes the the lines here worse after a treatment, as the they have been sitting creased forward, setting themselves in place for the 20 minutes of treatment!

Keliu - you said you had this pouching effect too. What are your thoughts & observations on increase in line formation around the NLs & mouth?

To be honest, I haven't been using my SF much at all. I don't know, I just can't seem to have any faith in these types of treatments. But it IS the squishing of the face that I hate - it seems to accentuate everything that I'm trying to get rid of. And this seems to have a negative effect on me and makes me think that things are getting worse instead of better. They're probably not, but that's the way I feel. If the device would somehow pin back the skin (like a face lift) whilst it was giving the treatment, I think I'd be more positive about it. I don't really think I've seen an increase in lines around the mouth - but I haven't seen any lifting either.

I've already given up on the Tua Viso, I think the SF is going to be next.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu, you have just described exactly how I feel about the pouching, I too wish it pinned back more like a face lift, but I am seeing good results when I get my make-up on.

I know what you mean about it making you feel worse too, when I am wearing the SLT I look in the mirror & think crikey!

Don't give up though. I gave up a few years back with gadgets & I was shocked at how much things slipped & degraded. The Tua Viso & SLT both help keep everything up. The SLT is the simpler to use & therefore I will stick with it meantime & hope that after 12 weeks it is giving me the excellent results I got with Tua without all the hassle.

Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
This all sounds very interesting. I have been thinking of the TV but this looks so much less fiddly? My kind of gadget..lol

It is abit expensive but if it tones the jawline even a little it might just be worth it!

Will have to see how much shipping to Australia would be.

is there any before and after photos available for this gadget?
missmagic73

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi,i m new to all the forum..i m thinking about to buy the SL device,does anyone have an update on their progress? Question
Maread

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I stopped using Slendertone regularly when I started Flexeffects, about 7 weeks ago.
I am delighted and amazed by the results from FE - my skin is much firmer, eyes lifted, cheeks lifted a bit and the pouchy skin on my chin is getting better. To be honest,if I had known that face exercises were so effective I would not have bothered with the expense of ST.

Anyway,to be fair to ST, and as per my previous post, I DID see some results with it, though nothing as encouraging as FE. I still use it for massage and I suppose I really should have given it the full 12 weeks for proper evaluation.

My verdict: It's a much more expensive and less effective method than face exercises.
missmagic73

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am      Reply with quote
@Maread,
Hi,many thx for your answer...the problem with me and facial exercises is,i m not going to stick to it..i did another program called "ageless if you dare",which i think is great cos it only takes 5 min a day,but couldnt stick to it either(will start with it again tho),but any other ones which will take 20 min-there is NO way i will be consistent...thats why i m thinking about SL-i can use it while i watch telly or just relax...
p.s.if you not using your device,were you thinking about selling it? Smile
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I tried something different this morning with the SLT face. I am really concerned about how the device squishes the mouth area forward with each surge of power, which in turn makes the NL folds crease Shock

I figured maybe if I put some resistance in there it may help. So first I held on to my mouth as if doing a facial exercise resistance move (thumb inside the mouth, fingers holding the skin on the outside), this was quite hard to maintain against the pull of the SLT.

Secondly I would contract my face & jaw muscles, holding them hard against the pull of the SLT face. By swapping between these two moves every minute or so, different muscles were used in resistance & I did not fatigue the muscles too much, as it is really difficult to hold this against the pull of the SLT face you could not keep up the one hold for long.

It was jolly hard work but my face feels very much more worked out, the NL's were no longer pouched up nor left lines after treatment, in fact my muscles are really feeling quite taxed. I will try this again tomorrow.

I was using the SLT on 70 for the left of my face & 75 for the weaker right side. Note to younger users: you probably do not get this pouching effect, I suspect being over 50 is my downfall! Rolling Eyes

Maread

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
MissMagic73 - once you become familiar with the exercises you can do them while listening to music or even watching TV (nothing that requires too much concentration) so its not really time wasted..
I think I'll hang on to the ST a while longer. As I said, I really like the massage.
Good luck
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |