Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Update Week 7 plus 4 days of SLT Face

I have been continuing to use resistance against my daily use of the SLTF (5 days per week out of 7 - 2 days of rest) . I have dropped the resistance where I hold onto my mouth (too much hard work), but continue to set my muscles against each surge of power, moving between a taut mouth then taut cheeks as each area gets exhausted, I move between the 2 for the 20 minutes of the firming programme. For the cheeks, those of you who are familiar with Carole Maggio Facercise, will know the exercise which you pump, pump, pump your cheeks, this is the move I hold, while the SLTF does the pump.

I have also been using the Skindream Titanium, we are not sure which, if indeed not both working synergistic-ally, are actually contributing to a visible lift on the jawline.

Those of you considering purchase of SLT Face may like to look at the Skindream Titanium thread too, as pictures, before & after of the jawline, are posted there.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious where to purchase the slendertone that will ship to Canada? Any one here or US order one? Very Happy
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll, it looks like the main site ships worldwide, look under shipping, you will see this once you add the unit to your shopping basket, you need not proceed once you have done this, but you can just click on shipping info & check it out without proceeding, there, it says worldwide, see link:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx

Here is the link to the UK company I bought my SLTF from, they also ship to Canada, this page shows shipping details:

http://www.currentbody.com/faqs?1282431501#delivery

.....and their page for the unit itself:

http://www.currentbody.com/beauty/slendertone-face.html

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Lipglossdoll, it looks like the main site ships worldwide, look under shipping, you will see this once you add the unit to your shopping basket, you need not proceed once you have done this, but you can just click on shipping info & check it out without proceeding, there, it says worldwide, see link:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx

Here is the link to the UK company I bought my SLTF from, they also ship to Canada, this page shows shipping details:

http://www.currentbody.com/faqs?1282431501#delivery

.....and their page for the unit itself:

http://www.currentbody.com/beauty/slendertone-face.html

The first link doesn't allow any showing of the Slendertone if you are in the US...not sure about Canada. It says what it has said for months....the device is coming soon.

The second link says they are sold out and might get stock within 28 days...any others sites out there for US and Canada folks???

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for pointing this out. The Slendertone site does not show that on my computer here in the UK. The other site does say despatch will be within 28 days.

I had not appreciated the problems you in the US & Canada were having trying to get this machine. Does anyone at all over there have one?

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:56 am      Reply with quote
......Harrods in London also sell it....perhaps they ship to Canada & the USA.....you could look into that...

yavaro

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I am curious where to purchase the slendertone that will ship to Canada? Any one here or US order one? Very Happy

Slendertone Face is named BMR Face in North America and is already available for purchase in Canada.
www. bmrface. com

The product will also be available for sale in the US soon, but in the meantime you can register on their site to get information and updates.

Hope this helps.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
yavaro, thanks for the req! Never would have found it due to being under a different name. Thanks again. Very Happy
JoanOfArc

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am new here so please accept my apologies if I have posted out of turn.I wanted to comment on the Slendertone Face.

After much deliberation I decided to purchase the SF.There were hardly any reviews online apart from on the official Slendertone site which of course were all going to be favourable.

I am however really disappointed(not by lack of results as I haven't used it long enough yet)but by way of application.

Like some previous posters I have found that when I apply the headset it is so tight it squashes my face and jowls forward hence making me look a hell of a lot older instantly!
Which obviously I am concerned about.Even when I have it set quite high on the lifting programme the only thing that seems to be happening is severe facial twitching whilst having my sagging face pushed forward for twenty minutes Sad

I wish I had found this forum sooner.I don't know what to do.Whether to continue using it and hope for the best or sell it on Ebay.I feel I would have been better off paying for a course of facials.Any thoughts?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I can't help but agree with you JoanOfArc! I'm still on the fence about whether to continue using it too. But then I saw Cooking Katy's B&As on the other thread and she has had such a massive improvement in her jaw area - congrats BTW Cooking Katy!! However, she's also using the Skindream - but I'm also using the Bellair Ultrasound and still have nada results.

Cooking Katy - I'm so jealous of your fantastic results!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Maybe Katy will be able to tell us which one is making the most difference. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello girls (&guys),

I am sorry for a shortish reply (well maybe not so short on re-reading!), I am knee deep in preparations for my mother's 80th birthday party this weekend, the cooking for same is reaching fever pitch.......however, I cannot be sure that the SLTF is doing the lifting, in my deepest heart I feel not. But,equally I am not convinced the Skindream is either, I am however addicted to the results the Skindream achieves in clarity, smoothness & pigmentation reduction. I know this begs the question where is the lift coming from? I really don't know. I do neck exercises too, can they be kicking in? Well, I have done them for so long it would seem not.

I am at session 57 of the SLT & this morning looked up the manual, as I was sure this or at least 60 zaps (12 weeks) hearalded a marker point. I was sure that after this I would go onto maintenance, but the manual says nothing about this, so where did I read this or get this idea? I have simply not had time to look at the Slendertone website to read their Q&A section, where I may find the answer.

If you asked me to choose between my Skindream & my SLTF I would choose the Skindream......however I would be a bit nervous of giving up my daily tweaking with the SLTF too....oh dear.....dilemma ?...yes Rolling Eyes

....well, I'd better get back to 150+ butterflies for the birthday girl's cupcake, tiered extravaganza! It will be hard to fit all the skin maintenance procedures in over the next 5 days, perhaps I will be like Ursula Andres - although sadly I do not look like her to start with - stepping into the fire in that old B&W film, I may be a withered wreck next time I am typing here on EDS Shock Perhaps that is why my children loved this film so much when they were little. A portent - tee-hee.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Katy....how about a picture of that beautiful cake when you are finished and we can imagine how wonderful it will taste...hey that is calorie free!!! Laughing Seriously we would love to see a picture of the cake!
Toby Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Katy, what topicals are you using with the Skindream? Maybe they're making a difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

sorry for delay in reply, life got in the way!

I will answer your topical query on the Skindream thread.

Meanwhile, I continue to have comments about my skin & not looking my age. The other day when I was wearing my sunglasses I was aware that the bottom half of them was now sitting on my cheeks, it took me few minutes to register that this means my face has indeed been lifted up & more rounded & plumper cheeks are pushing the lower half of the sunglasses lens up, this had actually removed the make-up & left indents in my cheeks, I had been wearing them for about 6 hours, but this is proof to me that my face is lifted up, these are my Wayfarers which I have had for about 25 years, it is many years since they did this.

The SLTF is also definitely working the orbus occuli very well indeed, this has greatly reduced bags & I have a very strong muscle all the way around the eye now.

I am delighted with the results from the SLTF, I am now past the 64th use, always at around "volume" 70. I do not, however think there is much lift further down my face & feel the mouth area is needing something to iron it out Sad .

lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just received my slendertone face. Excited to use it. Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine a few weeks ago (thanks to Cooking Katy's updates). I like it so far - I am doing it mostly laying down, and I can see a lift in my cheeks.

I also started doing Flexeffect (bought it in Feb.); together they take about an hour, so it is a bit difficult, but I have a dream - to get rid of my double chin, get help with the under-eye area, and may be even smooth out the forehead. So far I am trying to find the time, we will see how long it lasts though.

One can always hope, right?

5% products discount

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Oh, gosh darn it! My Slendertone Face curved part , that looks like a headband broke. Darn it all. The contraption is so expensive, but worst is to be without it. It has filled out my hollowcheeks enough that I don't look sunken.

The Nuface didn't even come close. Has this breaking problem happened to anyone else? I have always hated the indentations left by the too tight psuedo headband thingy. I did notice that there was a slight give over time and it wasn't as vice grippy like at first. So it did lossen slightly, enough to have less severe indentations.

I'm thinking of shucking so fragile a contraption and maybe going for the Tua trend. They're about in the same ball park money figure.

Its fragile in the sense that the tighness of the band over time I guess gets stressed and , VOILA , a stress fracture , so to speak. I was so desparate I tried taping it with electrical tape. It worked a bit , but I didn't get that zing. So it must not be working the muscles. And I suppose I'm a bit apprehensive about getting a "shock".
I fell back on my Nuface and I feel its only psychologically comforting me.

BOO HOO!!

I do love the darn thing. But if there is a propensity for this breakage. HHMMM , I don't know.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 am      Reply with quote
So far I actually like mine, but hate the electrodes. I do believe it lifts the face and makes the contour "younger" and as a result you project a smoother more youthful image.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm still on the fence about buying one of these - anyone got a push, either way?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I'm still on the fence about buying one of these - anyone got a push, either way?

I haven't used mine in ages, I don't like the way it bunches up my face - I just can't see how it's doing anything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
There are a lot being sold on eBay, so I guess thats an indication that the results are not so impressive. But... Lots of people weren't impressed with the STOP, which I like quite a lot...

I'm watching eBay, but I'm also watching the Palo Via thread, no money for both. I had a Tria laser, though, and rarely used it due to the discomfort of the zaps, so if I'm sensible Cool I won't get sucked into the Palo Via (haha)
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
KARENLEE,

I have now left my Slendertone face aside in its box for many weeks. I think it was a 10 day wonder (well, many weeks of usage actually!), as Keliu says, it bunched my face up too much, left lines around the NL's after use & the faces I had to pull while using it to prevent this happening, were hard work. It did lift my upper cheeks to new heights but did zilch for my jowl-line, which was my main issue being 53, & 13 years passed menopause.

I have always been a fan of the Tua Viso, & now use the two wands on the Tua Tr'end daily. I must stop thinking there is miracle gadget out there. I already own the 3 gadgets which work for me, & must remind myself of this fact when I feel that "the next best thing to buy " moment coming on. Tua viso or Tua Tr'end plus the Skindream Titanium & Safetox are my top 3 gadgets.

The Tua's keep everything up, each have their good points, but I am currently using nothing but the Tr'end because of the extra jowl moves, which have shown excellent results, while the Viso seems to suit my eyes, but the Tr'end has being doing well here too (I don't honestly see myself going back to the Visos because the Tr'end is so easy for placement & also small for packing when travelling). The Safetox is simple quick & straightforward for arched eyebrows & open eyes while the Skindream Titanium keeps my skin clear, free of broken caps & smooth.

This website has been instrumental in my discovery of some of these gadgets & also in educating me about them. Now that I have settled down after finding all this great info, here on EDS, I am happy with these 3 gadgets as my mainstays.

The next thing is letting my hair come in grey Shock (gray for you you USA gals & guys). This is way more scary but an adventure none the less. I am at about 12 weeks of skunk stripe, but surprised to note that my hair is jet black & only lightly sprinkled with silver at the skunk stripe & away from the frame of my face, here it is coming in white Shock

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had the most wonderful results from Slendertone, so much so that my mom had asked me to order one for her.

Skindream Titanium was and is a complete waste for me - did absolutely nothing.

Stop is another gadget that did nothing (and might not be safe for me to use).

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katy - I too have a Tua, which I have just restarted using - I've been lazy lately. I want to be more consistent with that and my Baby Quasar.

Sigma, I found STOP works quite well at a subtle level for me. It has definitely slowed the rapid ageing I was experiencing - it hasn't reversed anything, but definitely had/has a positive effect.

Safetox worked well - temporarily. In the end, although I actually quite enjoyed the sensation, I got tired of having to use it daily to see benefits and I hate any kind of sticky pads. I have the following 'keepers':

STOP
Clarisonic
Baby Quasar (although I'm lemming for a full-face panel)
Tua Trend
Derma wand (I rarely use it, but will keep it)
Zeno zit zapper

I have bought and sold:
Safetox
Cleo (I hate sticky pads)
Tria hair laser (too painful)
POSE (will be selling soon, loathe spreading sticky gel over my abdomen)

I am interested (after your review, Katy) in the Skin Dream... But as you say, I think we buy all these gadgets hoping for surgery-results and when they don't deliver we start lemming for the next one...

I love my gadget box, though (a transparent plastic tub with each gadget in a clear ziploc bag to keep cables from tangling)

Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |