Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sassy-lassy

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Received my Slendertone Face two days ago, after buying from ebay for £129. Turns out that it is a fake (I checked with ST when it arrived with a Hong Kong type plus), but given I've bought it, I thought I'd give it a whirl, so I bought a converter plug from Maplins and have been using it for the last 3x days.

Two issues I hope people might help me with:
1. Positioning - should any part of the paddles be resting on your actual cheekbones? I am not sure if I am getting it right...
2. Teeth issues - with every contraction, I get a pain in my fillings, especially on the left side where I have more of them. I can reduce the impact by inserting my forefinger along the upper gum whilst the device is on, but has anyone else had this problem? I suspect that this would be still be an issue with a real device. Generally, the device looks and feels pretty genuine - if it hadn't been for the plug, I'd have had no doubts about its genuineness!
pinksugarbabe

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm not really new here but have been lurking around, quietly reading the amazing info here.

I just started using Slendertone Face for 2 days so can't really tell the benefits yet.

At the same time, I'm tempted to get a LED device, possibly LightStim for wrinkles to use with my Slendertone.

My question is, should I use LED after Slendertone or vice versa? Is it ok to use both on the same night? Or should I use them on alternate days?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
As for the difference in plugs, I just use a travel adaptor - I have to do this for most of my devices because they've all been purchased from overseas - it's really not a problem.

I second that, it is quite easy if you use a travel adapter. Most adapters come with various inputs for different plugs.

I'm just reading through this thread at the moment. I have stopped using the Facemaster for a little while as last time it caused a spasm to occur Confused I used a EMS device two nights ago, that came with pads to be used all over the face which was kind of awkward but it gave me the advantage of not having to move around while doing the process (unlike the FaceMaster which yes the results are worth it for me but it can get time consuming) and being able to do a semi-led treatment at the same time. I'm looking for a device like this one which is hands free and also not as awkward as placing the electrodes all over the face. Also it would appear with the SlenderTone similar model type devices that one could have a whole face treatment whilst doing a led treatment as well.

I'm basically compiling a list of similar devices at the moment (which currently dosent consist of many) and then will be purchasing.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I caved and purchased this, won it in an auction on eBay for $120.00 new (inside Australia).

The facemaster has given me noticeable results (although temporary, I noticed this after not using for a few days) and given me the cheeks that the STOP couldn't, also lifted eyebrows (no more botox for me), fixed any under eye issues, and really gone for gold with the lips (STOP and Facemaster coupled together for the lips works a treat).

These at home facial devices have done more for me than any clinic treatment ever has, they have all been well worth the money so it's kind of hard not to invest in all sorts of new gadgets.

I'm back on using the anti aging Light Stim after using the Dermawand (couldn't help it) which got rid of the uglies (mainly spots) and realized that it hadn't ruined the face muscle structure, it's just that the muscles went back to normal after not using the Facemaster for a few days, it's funny how we take improvements for granted because we are used to looking in the mirror every day.

I expect the Slendertone Face to arrive in the mail within a few days and would like to know is it possble to use both the Slendertone Face and the Light stim at the same time? I can see this method cutting my treatment time down by more than half.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I found a good method of keeping the pads sticky. I'm currently using another device alongside the Slender Tone Face that was purchased off eBay for a very affordable price only down side was that it only came with a few pads and the company no longer sells the device but purchased it anyway. Well the inevitable happened and the pads stopped sticking so I had to come up with a formula to keep them sticky.

Well it's official a quarter of Manuka Honey combined with three quarters Aloe Vera gel has done the trick. I am now using the pads every night, I just apply a generous helping of the mixture prior to using the device and the pads stick right on, they feel exactly the same as they did when the pads were brand new.

I also looked into just using sticky tape over the top of the pads to keep them on but it seemed like allot of work, I will say that once the Manuka Honey and Aloe Vera Gel combo runs it's course I'll give the sticky tape a whirl.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I used mine tonight and had the thought what is the difference between the Slndertone Face and the Facial Flex? I know that you can hold the skin whilst doing the Facial Flex (which would lessen the chance of wrinkles occurring) which you cant do with the Slendertone and there is a huge difference between price. Do the two work different muscles? I know the Facial Flex also works the neck muscles. I just thought if the Slendertone is going to increase the chance of wrinkles because you cant stop the skin from creasing then wouldn't Facial Flex be the better choice?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am writing a review of this device for my blog and started using it over the weekend, with my microcurrent machine, I have had some interesting results, I will do a little more testing and share my findings with you.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
My new review on the Slendertone Face, and how it can be used in conjunction with microcurrent.

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/slendertone-face-review/

And my introduction to faradic treatments, or electrical muscle stimulation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgYYS2h6zrk&feature=youtube_gdata

Enjoy.

PQ/Philip

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a slendertone face on eBay (the brand has changed since to bmr face and then strivectin face, which is the model I got, though all three brands are on the packaging somewhere) and love it. I was sold by PQs review, though I’m not even sure he uses it still, I’ve been waiting for so long to try it.

I went with this over the pico or something similar because it was being realistic that I’d use a device, so I wanted one that I could treat myself passively without looking at what I’m doing so I could watch tv. I have other devices I hardly ever use so one that works the entire face was the way to go for me.

For me, the biggest value is in treating facial asymmetry. Like most people I express much more on one side than the other. Turning up the dial on my weaker side has made a difference in my overall facial symmetry. It’s an easy and inexpensive device and I wish I’d tried it earlier and I hope they make it again!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |