Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Design award for new SF :

http://www.idi-design.ie/designawards/09_06a_Consumer_Products.html

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
This is one of the slight hesitations I have about the device, in that it works only a selection of muscles and not all. As I suspect although they may have gone for the major muscle groups, depending on the shape of the individual's face and their current muscular health, this could result in what could seem like an awkward stage, and also I'm not convinced that leaving or neglecting facial muscles builds an ultimate harmonious look - but thats just my opinion here. I haven't used the device, but am watching with interest on the comments of Philip & co.

I do wonder though what they mean re muscles of mastication being exercised regularly when people eat, as although they are exercised, it only requires partial use of the muscles and there is little resistance there.

Sean

semayden wrote:
Ok, I think I found what you mean, Philip.

Is it this? (taken from the Slendertone Face site):

Does Slendertone Face work all the muscles in the face?
No, it is carefully designed to focus on the muscles of facial expression which have a direct impact on the ageing process and are directly attached to the skin. You would not want the large muscles of mastication to increase in volume. They are exercised regularly when you eat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
This is one of the slight hesitations I have about the device, in that it works only a selection of muscles and not all. As I suspect although they may have gone for the major muscle groups, depending on the shape of the individual's face and their current muscular health, this could result in what could seem like an awkward stage, and also I'm not convinced that leaving or neglecting facial muscles builds an ultimate harmonious look - but thats just my opinion here. I haven't used the device, but am watching with interest on the comments of Philip & co.

I do wonder though what they mean re muscles of mastication being exercised regularly when people eat, as although they are exercised, it only requires partial use of the muscles and there is little resistance there.

Sean

semayden wrote:
Ok, I think I found what you mean, Philip.

Is it this? (taken from the Slendertone Face site):

Does Slendertone Face work all the muscles in the face?
No, it is carefully designed to focus on the muscles of facial expression which have a direct impact on the ageing process and are directly attached to the skin. You would not want the large muscles of mastication to increase in volume. They are exercised regularly when you eat.

Sean

I am with you on this Sean, I am not sure after the full treatment - 60 session what will be the real benefits - I have identified what the device has done so far in previous posts.

I have used a lot of other EMS systems and with all of them excluding SF - they work all of the muscles of the face and with the Cleo Q - the neck muscles. The downside is skin across the whole creases - which I decided was undoing all the hard work I was putting in with anti wrinkle treatments.

I have a very toned face after years of EMS but the SF seems to be lifting in all the right places - but the results are NOT dramatic and very subtle, but real.

I will keep you informed on my findings.

Please can I stress to readers of the posts please don't base your purchase on my experience, please read all the links and see what you think as £300.00 is a lot of money to spend on a device unless you are sure it is worth it.

Just keep googling for more evidence and see what you all think.

Philip

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Please can I stress to readers of the posts please don't base your purchase on my experience, please read all the links and see what you think as £300.00 is a lot of money to spend on a device unless you are sure it is worth it.

Philip,

I've been following this thread with interest and I just wanted to thank you for the above statement. I think sometimes we can get so excited about a new product and all its possibilities that all we need is "1" person with a positive experience to make us jump on the bandwagon. If you have the $$ and it's no big deal, then go for it. But, for me $300.00 is a lot of money and I need more to go on before purchasing. So, thank you. I appreciate your post.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Me, too, Photoqueen. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Photoqueen,
I really appreciate your posts. First, you have all the great devices and second, you give very informative reviews, and third you have experience with additional knowledge in skin care. By being the owner of various devices you can compare and review which is so valuable to all of us. Plus I still laugh when I think of the post that you share about wearing your Safetox.....here is is
photoqueen wrote:
Had it for about 9 months - it freezes my whole forehead and lifts my eyebrows up - love it, love it, love it.

I do the house work in it and frighten the neighbours when I take our the rubbish, does them good.

PQ

I swear every time I read this post I get set free!!I just love it, I can just see you with that wonder woman gadget on your forehead, taking out the rubbish not giving a flip what your neighbors think!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Photoqueen,
I really appreciate your posts. First, you have all the great devices and second, you give very informative reviews, and third you have experience with additional knowledge in skin care. By being the owner of various devices you can compare and review which is so valuable to all of us. Plus I still laugh when I think of the post that you share about wearing your Safetox.....here is is
photoqueen wrote:
Had it for about 9 months - it freezes my whole forehead and lifts my eyebrows up - love it, love it, love it.

I do the house work in it and frighten the neighbours when I take our the rubbish, does them good.

PQ

I swear every time I read this post I get set free!!I just love it, I can just see you with that wonder woman gadget on your forehead, taking out the rubbish not giving a flip what your neighbors think!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bless you Toby - I love your posts - you are always so positive.

I had forgotten I had written that post, but it is all true, I am still seen in our village with not only the Safetox but also the Slendertone as they are both very portable and stylish Smile

As you say I don't give a flip Toby.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

Philip,

I've been following this thread with interest and I just wanted to thank you for the above statement. I think sometimes we can get so excited about a new product and all its possibilities that all we need is "1" person with a positive experience to make us jump on the bandwagon. If you have the $$ and it's no big deal, then go for it. But, for me $300.00 is a lot of money and I need more to go on before purchasing. So, thank you. I appreciate your post.

You are most welcome Songbird and Mars.

Philip.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Sure and those results are impressive. I'm not against EMS systems at all, and for example met Tina Richards a little while ago and she did look amazing and only uses the Tua Viso and so I have no doubt it has antiaging benefits, but its great to have feedback, and yours is great for us.

Re skin creasing, I'm really interested in why you concerned about this. As although I do manual facial exercises, sometimes the skin creases and wrinkles temporarily, but thereafter the skin is smooth as anything. I don't have one single line on my face now (and used to), and attribute that to facial exercises, massage and topicals. Temporary creasing of the skin doesn't do lasting damage to what I have seen (mind you I have been exercising my face for well over 10 years now).

Sean
photoqueen wrote:
Sean

I am with you on this Sean, I am not sure after the full treatment - 60 session what will be the real benefits - I have identified what the device has done so far in previous posts.

I have used a lot of other EMS systems and with all of them excluding SF - they work all of the muscles of the face and with the Cleo Q - the neck muscles. The downside is skin across the whole creases - which I decided was undoing all the hard work I was putting in with anti wrinkle treatments.

I have a very toned face after years of EMS but the SF seems to be lifting in all the right places - but the results are NOT dramatic and very subtle, but real.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Sure and those results are impressive. I'm not against EMS systems at all, and for example met Tina Richards a little while ago and she did look amazing and only uses the Tua Viso and so I have no doubt it has antiaging benefits, but its great to have feedback, and yours is great for us.

Re skin creasing, I'm really interested in why you concerned about this. As although I do manual facial exercises, sometimes the skin creases and wrinkles temporarily, but thereafter the skin is smooth as anything. I don't have one single line on my face now (and used to), and attribute that to facial exercises, massage and topicals. Temporary creasing of the skin doesn't do lasting damage to what I have seen (mind you I have been exercising my face for well over 10 years now).

Sean
photoqueen wrote:
Sean

Philip

I think it might depend your skin type - but as with areas that people treat with botox - it skin that is repeated creased by the underlying muscle, forehead, around the eyes the ll lines - all these are cause by the skin being creased. The Cleo uses two electrodes on the forehead - and my skin after the treatment looks very lined but with some moisture, LED and massage my skin goes back to normal. It might be that I am 50 and my skin takes time to uncrease.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Sean

See :

http://www.stop-age.com/blog/?cat=4

Just summarises my findings.

Take care

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
And:

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/agingskinnet/basicfacts.html

Go to paragraph:

Facial Expressions.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi photoqueen,

thanks for replying. The machine is by beautiko, a company that do alot of devices, like electrolysis pens etc for home use. The machine its self is called Magic Face,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie

I will see what I can find out for you about pad placement.

Take care

PQx

I have emailed the supplier but no reply yet.

Will let you know if I get a reply:

P.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I have inquired if it's available in the US and here is the reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not have a date yet as to when the new Slendertone Face will be available in the US.

It is FDA approval pending but for further information please send an email with your query to infousa@slendertone.com. This is our US Slendertone team and they will have the latest information in this regard.

Kind regards,

P.Nogues
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny about the manual facial exercise stuff, because I've seen many photo's of those who have succeeded in building their faces to a full, smooth, and defined look. The problem I have with it though, is that some people do NOT seem to to do so well with vigorous manipulation of facial tissue. This is borne out by reading some of the enquiries and concerns that these people have expressed on various sites and threads. I don't wish to provoke a discussion of the merits and drawbacks of facial exercise per se - but will just record that my face is in good condition even for a middle-aged woman, even without much (if any) facial exercise - but is helped by a certain amount of massage and movement which leads to a temporary plumpening effect at least.

In regards to manual facial exercise, I followed a programme for 6 months (just stopped two months ago) and saw minor improvements in the first month and thereafter absolutely no real benficial changes whatsoever. Others who worked alongside me were thrilled with their improvements. I was only suprised that my clear bone structure didn't display better results, that's all.

Hence, I'm taking a fresh look at other ways of nourishing and strengthening my facial tissues in the long term, and things like the Cleo/Tua Viso/Slendertone Face SEEM (on the face of it Laughing ) to have something going for them.

Mind you, I don't rule out combining these methods i.e. manual alongside electrical stuff. Hell, I'll do whatever it takes to freshen, lift and maintain my looks! Shock
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Semayden and Photoqueen

I think with most facial programs, they may deliver some temporary results in the beginning weeks but they really need up to a year of doing before you truly get the full benefits, as its kind of progressive by their nature. I do think that the knowledge you gain from manually doing facial exercises is second to none, I haven't seen any device build that same level of knowledge up, but can understand that people in the beginning months do become disheartened, but many times I believe this is because changes are taking place deep beneath the surface.

I think people's results vary so much depending on their beginning stages, as very few people start off from exactly the same spot (lifestyle wise, stress and diet wise etc) and these are all factors that can hinder/accelerate success in the long term.

My only thoughts concerning the EMS stuff is that many of the devices go after someones ideas of muscles that need to be strengthened and lifted, and I'm not so sure that this will work for everyone, as everyone's muscles can be different than the inventor's facial muscles, and over time, I believe neglected areas can become cause for concern. Also I think that they don't encourage the full range of movement - i.e. stretching the muscle in the beginning, it looks to me like they only cause concentric contractions of the muscles (a temporary shortening of them). I can't see how this can permanently change the muscle shape, but I can see how its an easy thing to use daily and if that pleases people - well thats great, but to think its the ultimate in facial training I'm not sure so sure about. I do like it that EMS devices by their very nature seek out weaker fibers, but I'm not convinced that what they do to those weaker fibers is improve them by only causing a shortening.

I haven't had time to digest those links fully yet Photoqueen, but already looking at statements like: Repetitive facial movements actually lead to fine lines and wrinkles - seems to be an argument that we have been hearing for many years without official proof. Even the second article talks about intrinsic and extrinsic aging (and actually I agree with that on the sundamage part).

It doesn't happen for children who constantly make faces does it. Would anyone tell a 10 year old child not to rub their eyes because their lids will wrinkle, or not to smile because they will end up with crows feet?

Smiling, frowning and squinting are note the sole primary causes of lines. They are partly the cause in conjunction with other factors, but they are not the complete cause. Often times when experts have quoted that to me and I have asked for proof they are never able to provide it. Whereever skin folds, a line will occur in time if the tissue loses vitality and resiliency. Its actually something that would have been prevented int he long term had people handled their faces int he first place.

Facial training isn’t covered in medical or dermalogical schools, and so the people who often tell you that its wrong, are the same ones who want you to buy their devices or have a peel done.

Someone rightful so has said to me that they found it strange that the STOP blog would quote something the American Academy of Dermatology would publish when FDA doesn't even allow the sale of the STOP in the USA. True enough point in my book!

Sean
semayden wrote:
It's funny about the manual facial exercise stuff, because I've seen many photo's of those who have succeeded in building their faces to a full, smooth, and defined look. The problem I have with it though, is that some people do NOT seem to to do so well with vigorous manipulation of facial tissue. This is borne out by reading some of the enquiries and concerns that these people have expressed on various sites and threads. I don't wish to provoke a discussion of the merits and drawbacks of facial exercise per se - but will just record that my face is in good condition even for a middle-aged woman, even without much (if any) facial exercise - but is helped by a certain amount of massage and movement which leads to a temporary plumpening effect at least.

In regards to manual facial exercise, I followed a programme for 6 months (just stopped two months ago) and saw minor improvements in the first month and thereafter absolutely no real benficial changes whatsoever. Others who worked alongside me were thrilled with their improvements. I was only suprised that my clear bone structure didn't display better results, that's all.

Hence, I'm taking a fresh look at other ways of nourishing and strengthening my facial tissues in the long term, and things like the Cleo/Tua Viso/Slendertone Face SEEM (on the face of it Laughing ) to have something going for them.

Mind you, I don't rule out combining these methods i.e. manual alongside electrical stuff. Hell, I'll do whatever it takes to freshen, lift and maintain my looks! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
That's all interesting food for thought, Sean.

I wonder if there is any logical reason NOT to do both EMS and manual - best of both worlds!

ATM, having stopped Ageless two months ago, I am doing Cleo daily (did very little in the two month gap = neither improvement NOR dis-improvement in that period) for the last fortnight and have now added in some yogic face moves e.g. Lion etc.

Anyway, I don't want to take Philip's Slendertone Face thread off the track though, so do we already have a thread where EMS versus manual facial exercise is discussed?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

I wonder if there is any logical reason NOT to do both EMS and manual - best of both worlds!

ATM, having stopped Ageless two months ago, I am doing Cleo daily (did very little in the two month gap = neither improvement NOR dis-improvement in that period) for the last fortnight and have now added in some yogic face moves e.g. Lion etc.

Anyway, I don't want to take Philip's Slendertone Face thread off the track though, so do we already have a thread where EMS versus manual facial exercise is discussed?

Sean some great ideas and thoughts, I need lots of time to digest them.

Semayden - agreed back on topic now.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Many people have great results combining both.... thats why I got interested in what Tina Richards was doing, and have to say that my clients are getting great results from doing both.

So I think its really getting the best of both worlds combining. Laughing
semayden wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I tried treatment setting 3 tonight which is massage - it is pure heaven - it is only 10 minutes but your skin seems to glow afterwards!

And hands free - I almost fell a sleep.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

Yes we do! Here it is:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35781

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
semayden wrote:

Yes we do! Here it is:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35781

Thanks Keliu. Very Happy
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
It's around day 45 P. Tapping foot impatiently for day 50! Laughing
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
It's around day 45 P. Tapping foot impatiently for day 50! Laughing

No treatments this week - working flat out so no time - will start again on Saturday.

P

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Philip, perhaps you can give me some advice in making a choice between Tua Trend and Slendertone Face. I'm in my 60s and have considerable sagging issues. Generally speaking I have good skin. No acne, no blackheads or white heads and no milia. My major issues are Nasolabial, marionette lines, jowls and 11s. Since you've tried so many gadget, which one do you think would benefit me the most?
All advice from anyone would be appreciated.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |