Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have such a loooong To-Buy List Rolling Eyes . It's time to get a No-No list, so I will use my money wisely Very Happy
Hmmm....
N.V. Perricone, M.D. EyE Area Therapy (totally a waste!) Confused
Cellex-C Under Eye Toning Gel
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Amen to the Perricone products. I used 2 of them: Evening Facial Emollient and Phosphatidyl-E. The Facial Emollient did nothing and the Phos-E was better but not necessarily worth the $$. Wish I had found EDS earlier and had the benefit of all this great input and advice. I was lost but now am found! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can think of so many products that just did not deliver. I have wasted SO MUCH money over the years. By far the big NO NO was Avotox! Totally made a mess of a fairly nice complextion.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
anyone else not a big pevonia fan? Sad I don't usually break out to anything, but this does it for me! What is in it that isn't in the myriad of other products I have tried? Wierd... Think
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:12 am      Reply with quote
For me definitely no to expensive waste of time and money Perricone and also some Gale Hayman stuff I tried years ago did nowt for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
clinique, unless I'mm cleaning the brasses

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:43 am      Reply with quote
oops I forgot would not try or by face peel stuff from Anais. I have heard she is not to be trusted. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:29 am      Reply with quote
anything to do with clinique is a big no-no. If only they spent as much on packaging as they did ingredients - they might even stand 1/2 a chance!

farouk
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Jan Marini C-Esta for Lips - had no effect at all.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to add my vote for not wasting any money on the Perricone products. I bought tub loads of it. I thought it made my skin look worse, not better and it stank.

After that the TNS Recovery complex was my most expensive mistake ever. And that was more annoying because I read a lot about it on icompact before I bought it. I remember Sassyred was particularly ecstatic about it a few years ago. Why?

I would never use Clinique to wash my face or anything (honest), but I'm embarrassed to confess it's my preferred daily sunscreen - City Block Sheer. Is there something wrong with me Confused

Molly
Mabsy

Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:59 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
clinique, unless I'mm cleaning the brasses
rofl
Mabsy

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I've only tried their enzyme exfoliant cream/mask and their moisturiser for "troubled skin" (or something like that) and I have had no problems with either. Which ones did you try? Have you been able to compare ingredient lists with the other products you use with no problems?

naturallyhappy31 wrote:
anyone else not a big pevonia fan? Sad I don't usually break out to anything, but this does it for me! What is in it that isn't in the myriad of other products I have tried? Wierd... Think
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:46 am      Reply with quote
La Mer Creme De La Mer did my skin in! I wanted and expected a beautiful rosey glow and instead blackheads took up residence and invited all their friends.

-Cheri
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on the Clinique bandwagon. That stuff is so harsh and aweful, made my skin so irratated.
Ummmmmmmm Avon was never good for me either, L'Oreal was too harsh, Olay most stuff from the drugstores. Lancome & Estee Launder are also crap. I have had the most luck with spa lines & helath food store items.

I have liked all my Yonka products, Jurlique & Dr.H. I have never spent more than $80 on a product. Anything more than that is just selling false hope. There is no micrale cream so if it sounds to good to be true wnd the price tag is outrageous, then just walk away. I have a marketing degree and stuff like La Mer is really no different than most other products, they just try to play on peoples' perceptions that if it costs mor eit is better.

You need to know where to draw the line between paying for quality like Yonka or Jurlique and paying for bulls&^t.
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Which ones did you try? Have you been able to compare ingredient lists with the other products you use with no problems?

I tried the dry skin cream, toner and DNA concentrate. Unfortunately, I only had samples with no ingredients listed. I am going to research this tho! Maybe it's the specific essential oil they use. Oh well..i'll stick with my Babor, Yonka, and Lauder.
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Some day I will figure out the lingo and editing for forums.....please excuse my novice typing skills!! (above) Rolling Eyes
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I would never use anything by Lancome it did terrible things to my eyes Shock
J&J
5% products discount

Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 am      Reply with quote
no-no list for me is Origins and clinique..
terrible experience, never touch them anymore.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Jan Marini C-Esta for Lips - had no effect at all.
Boo hoo!! I wish you could have told me that before I went and wasted my 50$ EDS gift cert on it! Crying or Very sad I should've gone for the Sothy's Lip stuff instead.

Perricone's "Moist Lips" (I think that's the name...) is on my no-no list -- that stuff made my lips CHAP!!!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,

alot of gals love TNS, remember not one skincare line will EVER work for everyone. Wink I really loved it but the $$$$ was a bit much.

I won't every buy Perricone, OVER priced-Greedy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sassyred
Yes, I agree one thing won't suit everyone. Sorry, my comment sounded a bit bitchy - I didn't mean to.
Molly
moo moo
5% products discount

Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am new to the forum. Very Happy But, I too have a no-no list. Laughing
The first one is clinique (which almost everone agrees on), ella bache, yonka and the purness line form shiseido.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
moo moo wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to the forum. Very Happy But, I too have a no-no list. Laughing
The first one is clinique (which almost everone agrees on), ella bache, yonka and the purness line form shiseido.

Welcome! moo moo Very Happy
Hmmm ... lots of people love Yonka, and i have pretty good experience with Yonka gomma 103 (or is it 105) mask... why they are on your no-no list? any particular product from yonka or in general?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:37 am      Reply with quote
umm...

clinique
estee lauder
shiseido

I got a sample of that pevonia stuff and wasn't impressed...gave me zits too
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |