Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mine:

Clinique (bad bad bad reaction to 3-steps, trying their city block now,if it didn't work out, then it's byebye forever Clinique)

Shiseido (did nothing for my skin, may try their SS for a last chance)

Dior (expensive, allergy reaction on my mom, still open to makeup/parfume)

Guerlain (heavy scented)

SkII (too many scary stories)

Origins (artificial scent, allergy reaction)

Estee Lauder (silica in almost every product)
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Clinique 3-step
their dramatically different moisterizer makes me oily
Oil of Olay moisturizer
Mary Kay
Avon

What's so bad about silicones in products? It seems like people don't like it. I am new to this forum, though I have been learning a lot!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I wont touch anything from Vichy...rubbish.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Dove.
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
n.v. perricone pore refining cleanser it stings bad.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason any item that is Vitamic C related really seems to clog my pores, so those are on my list. Sad
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
For some reason any item that is Vitamic C related really seems to clog my pores, so those are on my list. Sad

Me too Crying or Very sad, I have just been drinking carrot juice for some antioxident protection lately.
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I hate (yes hate)Clinique. I had mild acne when I first started using it. Then I developed cystic acne Mad !! The most evil of the lessers: Dramatically Different Moisture Lotion -- yellow mineral oil.

La Mer -- most expensive mistake *ever*.

Anyone remember that apricot scrub that was so popular in the 80s...Apri or something like that? [/i]
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Chanel was the most costliest mistake ever for me. Spent 500 bucks over the course of 4 months trying to find products that were good for me. The only thing I use now from that line is my lip glosses and the white (unversal blanc?) face base. The skin care was not my cup of tea.

Clinique three step caused me to run back to my dermatologist. I think it was stripping my skin. I bet if I played around with combinations it might be better, but I haven't tried it in 5 years.

Shiseido didn't help or hurt for me.

That said..I have friends that love all three of these lines!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm beginning to wonder if the Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion kit is going to be placed on my No No list.

Either that or it's helping in getting rid of all the junk in my pores...cause I'm breaking out.

Sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder (way too harsh on my skin and got allergic reaction)
Lancome except their Juicy Tubes and mascaras (did absolutely nothing for my skin though smell very nice)
Clinique except Black Honey Lip Color (got allergic reaction and there's so much alcohol in their products)
La Mer The Cleansing Gel (got allergic reaction and dried out my skin)
La Mer The Tonic (did nothing for the price I paid)
Clarins face care line (did nothing)

I'm sure I got more but these are the products I can think of at the moment Smile
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
gotta agree with ya'll and just be blunt - clinique SUCKS Mad
Judy18

Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Need the help of those who have tried Prai products. The Praisome looked good on the model on television....also the Ageless Throat Cream. I am 65 and have good skin, but it is showing loss of elasticity and wrinkles are deepening. If anyone has tried this.....is it just cosmetic or are there long-term effects as advertised on The Shopping Channel?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Off the top of my list, it would be sisley! Biggest mistake ever! My skin is still suffering from the mistake I made last year! Crying!!!

co-agree with Clinique, it seems like no one liked it.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
WE GOTTA BOYCOTT CLINIQUE AROUND THE WORLD GIRLIES!! Bad Grin
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Don't like Aveda face product...
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
i always stay away from

Clinique and Origins (too much alcohol, dried my skin up)
H2O (does nothing to my skin)
Biotherm (clogs up pores)
productfreak
5% products discount

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I too have to agree with the comments on Clinique, used them for years and wondered why I had such dry, sensitive skin! I cringe when I realise now what I was doing but got sucked into all that hype.

I have since been using La Mer products for a couple of years hoping that one day it would work and have finally realised it was a complete waste of money. Wouldn't buy again.

Others I wouldn't buy are:

Avon
Estee Lauder
Body Shop
Nivea
Perricone - rubbish

in fact there are loads!
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Avon
Clinique
Estee Lauder
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh and Creme de la Mer (after forking out 700 quid on a big jar) and now having to use the stuff.........i thought i was saving money in the long run...........and i was impressed with the stuff for 1 month........but then Confused

Karina
lwright1055
5% products discount

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I have a horrible reaction to everything Neutrogena makes. I found Strivectin SD to be a TOTAL waste of money, plus, I had a reaction to it. I'm not a big fan of Clinique either.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
- Clinique dramatically different moisturizer
- Elizabeth Arden ceramide products (too oily)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 (Gives me a bad breakout)
- La Mer creme (too rich for my skin)

Just discovered that Vit C might be the reason for my recent bumps, so anything with Vit C might be in my No-No list moving onwards.
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
revive, actually my friend got a set for day and night cream for NM.After 3 months ,her skin is really terrible... Shock
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty much anything from Estee Lauder especially the skincare products

Helena Rubinstein skincare products - I tried the Vit C range and the Collagen one and my skin broke out pretty badly

Oil of Olay and L'Oreal skincare products

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
- Clinique dramatically different moisturizer
- Elizabeth Arden ceramide products (too oily)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 (Gives me a bad breakout)
- La Mer creme (too rich for my skin)

Just discovered that Vit C might be the reason for my recent bumps, so anything with Vit C might be in my No-No list moving onwards.

Oh Gosh! I think Vit C is what caused my recent bumps too Shock
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |