Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
hey Molly!

nooooo problems Wink Have a wonderful day! deb

5% products discount

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the welcome happygirl163 ,

don't get me wrong, I am sure yonka makes good products. but I just didn't get the results expected with Juvenil. And I didn't feel the normal-oily skin lotion was doing anything. Wink
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:18 am      Reply with quote
For me:

Clinique (one of the worst in the bunch, IMHO)
    Lancome (severe allergic reaction)
    Origins (didn't do anything for me)
    La Mer (cream was too rich for my face, I broke out in whiteheads and had an allergic reaction to the serum)
    Elizabeth Arden (allergic reaction)
    Prescriptives (didn't do anything for me)
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
and me ...

Sisley (have mineral oil in most products, I only like the night complex)
Christian Dior (does nothing to me and too much perfume)
Guerlain (way too much perfume, kept me awake at night)
Lancome (most of the products feels more like chemicals)
Chanel (great in the first week, plateau too quick)
Origin (does nothing to me)
Fresh (way too over priced)
La mer cream (Osmotics creme de l'extreme is way better, La mer has mineral oil)
Perricone (crazy Rolling Eyes )
Aveeno (useless)
Elizabeth Arden (weird and confusing, for human or for car engine ?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will not buy any "La Mer" products. Wasted TONS of money on sooooo many of their products that did absolutely NOTHING to my skin. I was hoping for maybe one teeny tiny little mircacle and all I got was a BIG allergic reaction!! Why, oh why did I get sucked into that waaaay overpriced stuff Brick wall
Pinup Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
StriVectin-SD YUCK!!! I only used this "better than Botox" eye cream once and ended up with a plethora of fluid filled bumps all over my face, neck, and behind my ears. Funny thing is...I only applied it around my eyes so it must have gotten spread around more with the following steps of my skin care routine. Thank goodness Klein Becker has a 60-day money back guarantee!!! They also have an 800 # printed on the outside of the package in case of a severe reaction...kinda scary. Didn't work for me obviously!!! I'd love to hear about other people's experiences if you've tried it.

Glad I read about Perricone's products not working for quite a few of you, because that could have been a very expensive mistake for me to invest in!!! His products are actually featured on Quackwatch.com as being a complete load of horse puckey both in theory and in formulation...you should go check it out, it's quite amusing!!!

Cheers! Smile
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:09 am      Reply with quote
clinique... dry n useless. Razz
olay... too rich until the skin cannot breathe and zits come out. usless again.
Embarassed
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
anything by clinique - found it VERY harsh on my skin.
emma1
5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sad Ella bache Special Eye Cream (nothing special there just a grease slick around the eye area).

Sad Simple Gentle Eye MakeUp Remover (not).

Emma x
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
My No-No list is

Clinique <useless> Mad
Shiseido the Skincare <too greasy, feel so uncomfortable> Sad
H20 <very very useless> Neutral
Sisley <cant see the result, not worth$$$> Rolling Eyes
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I hated:

Suzanne Somers eye creams (yea, yea, I know)
Thalgo eye cream (that was a surprize)

oh, so many.. but those really come to mind.

OH and Asprin mask is a big no no on my list. Nearly killed my skin. Embarassed
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Pinup Girl,

Thank you for QuackWatch site. It raises consumers' awareness.

Rose
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
My no-nos are mostly department store brands (with very few exceptions, mostly makeup).

I wouldn't use skincare from:
*Clinique (Drying!!)
*Lancome/L'Oreal (same crap, different wrapping)
*Christian Dior
*Guerlain (terribly perfumed, too expensive for what you get).

I also hated the eye make-up remover from Simple, which everyone seems to like. It made my eyes water like crazy!
SusanC
5% products discount

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I bought 2 Sothys eye care products a couple of years ago. They were a special value kit from EDS and I can't remember exactly which product they were but they did nothing for me at all so I passed them on to my Mum Smile

I'm also afraid to say that I had a bad reaction to Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur Sad Totally dried out the skin within a week of using making the whole eye area very sore. Passed that on to my Mum too. She didn't have a reaction, but she didn't get any positive results either.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

I would never use Clinique to wash my face or anything (honest), but I'm embarrassed to confess it's my preferred daily sunscreen - City Block Sheer. Is there something wrong with me Confused

Molly

Well Molly, if there's something wrong with you then there's something wrong with me too Anxious , because I think the City Block is lovely stuff! So - at least you're not alone! Very Happy
Pudoodles
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I would say most dept stores products.

Clinique-big no no, very drying and harsh on skin
Estee Lauder-too perfumed
Lancome-too perfumed
Perricone-too much money for no results
Fresh-smells good but didn't see any results
Perscriptives-heavily perfumed
lucy2
5% products discount

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I won't touch Neutrogena - too harsh!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Terrible for me:
Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion, soap and toners, and their moisturizing concealer (the stuff in the tube separates - yuck!);
Elizabeth Arden ceramide products - yuck!;
*any* of those dreadful eyemakeup removers that you shake up like vinaigrette dressing - yuck!;
Christian Dior Lipsticks (they are like fragrance sticks and they make my lips peel!);
Elizabeth Grant Torricelumn Pur Revitalizing Essence (this is supposed to exfoliate - it absolutely did nothing for me!!!);
any of those paint on lip stains...they make my lips feel like I've been downhill skiing all day without lip protection!;Cellex C Speed Peel and Polish Gel (does the job but leaves a yucky film that is *very* hard to rinse off); Aloette Line Relief (supposed to have 15% argirelene - did absolutely nothing - and I went through two bottles of it - stupid me!)Pudoodles
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Pericone burned my face-Yon Ka did not clean it enough and made it break out-I have been using DDF with good results
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 step
Loreal pure zone
Anything Garnier
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes clinique is awful!!!
I used the 3 step plan the foaming wash took my skin off (using it up as leg shaving foam - like cheap shaving foam), Total Turnaround cream ended up as leg moisturiser and dramatically different turned my face into an oil bath.
Simple skin care is also like paint stripper.
On saying that my boyfriend had clinique's oil free lotion for men which was good but nivea's oil free lotion is the same.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I second that, Rosebud - that cleansing foam stuff is just plain horrible! Mad
Pudoodles
furry fish
5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
mailnat wrote:
Clinique 3 step
Loreal pure zone
Anything Garnier

Ya ya..100% agree!
I would like to add another one : Origins Eye Doctor - too thick for me, got small pimples coming out around my eyes Embarassed
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I've hated nearly every L'Oreal product I've tried (with the exception of the Wrinkle Decrease serum)

Elizabeth Arden - bleah. Everything... just bleah.

Shisedo - Hit or miss, but, even when it's a hit, far too pricey.

Chanel - Almost every product I've used left a waxy feeling residue on my skin.

Murad - WAY too harsh. I have skin thicker than an elephant's behind and nearly everything I've tried from this line has made me react.

Z.Bigatti - Horribly overpriced and nearly everything I've tried has smelled awful.
Sarahwang

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
My no-no List:

Shiseido
SK II
clinique
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |