Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
The ones I have on my not to buy is are Clinque, Perricone (way too expensive) and SKINN. I found SKINN horrible for my face and the makeup went on and off within an hour!! Waste of money.
halcyon_zyq
5% products discount

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Generally, I won't buy anything contains mineral oil. And I won't buy any Arcona products. I am not impressed by their toner, white ice and tabula rasa. They are pricy. And I don't like the packaging, either.
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
lancome, clinique
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
There is no one product or company that particularly irriates my skin...although many that dont produce results. However I have stayed away from all products bar one that contain SLS or any nasty sulphates, just dont do well with me. I do use Nioxin shampoo but that helps with hair loss so what do ya do..
Alyssa617
5% products discount

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:11 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Perricone - waste, waste, waste!
Strivectin - in fact after switching to spa lines, I slapped some STrivectin on one day as a quick moisturizer and my skin reacted with spots and yuck!!!! Crying or Very sad
Kinerase - I so wanted to love anything Courtney Cox uses (and don't you wonder if she really does?), but nothing, nothing, nothing
Clinique - but that was ions ago when I was much younger
BE MMU - never knew I had that many pores and that many lines until I used BE MMU -- much better for younger, unlined, poreless skin
Kiehls - love the concept, but no results
and Lauder, Perscriptives, Shiseido, Origins -- I so want to love these -- the marketing beckons as I walk past, but been there, done that and wish I had the $$$$$$'s back to buy a new BMW. That would put a smile on my face and take years off.
Dancing

Hi KD. Can you share your experience with Perricone products? Thanks.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
anything from the 302 line - over hyped IMO and made my face breakout no matter what I tried. Sorry but my skin looks great using my old routine

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Clinique and Lancome skincare products.
Although I am still using Clinique Mascara recently, Clinique skincare are really too normal and gentle that could do none effect on my skin.
dilemmas
5% products discount

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion..It made all kinds of creme change to mud
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
SK2

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:52 am      Reply with quote
I'll say Arbonne for one- their cleanser that has strawberry was very harsh and drying for me.
Their sunscreen was nice- but not $50 nice.

I have a $20 face sunscreen that is all natural and just as good or well-better.

Benefit products- sucky products and crappy customer service.
their concealer just slides off my face and makes me break out- even in dry areas I used it on.
the "eyecon" eye cream left me a chemical burn in the eye area.

their liquid blush is nice, but not for $35.
it is just water and food dye from the grocery store.
I can buy red dye for $2 and it is just as good! Rolling Eyes
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Burts Bees. Violent allergic reactions to most of their creams. So bad there should be a warning on the label, not a bunch of empty promises about how natural it is.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
anything from neutregena...makes me breakout ALL THE TIME
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Most products available at the department store as they tend to contain harsh chemicals with nothing beneficial at all in them. I really dont like Loreal products.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
perricone, cellex c , skinsceuticals sunblock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'll add my vote for perricone..which when I used for a while it was... WAY over priced. I really won't pay crazy money for the hope of looking younger anymore. I think perricone made a play for the demographic who could afford his line..and I had to smile when I saw is lower price line come out at sephora this year. LIke he has bilked all the richer women..now lets play to the "common" girl. I will also say strevectin made me look older..I hated that stuff.
But all in all.. when you can buy retin A, cp's , and medical grade peels online all for around 50 bucks each..and all them WORK -- why would you do anything different? Not to mention the diy gadgets that are almost as good as laser services too!
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Neostrata products & Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. These products gave me more pimples than i've ever had in my life.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Not to mention the diy gadgets that are almost as good as laser services too!

Agreed 100%

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
actionwoman
5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Something in Bobbi Brown's foundation made most of my face break out in a red, raised itchy bumpy rash that lasted for about a week after using it once or twice. It happened with the moisturizing balm (about five years ago) and most recently with the tinted moisturizer, which was a shame since I loved the texture.
kaloee
5% products discount

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason, any skin care products formulated with spring water make my skin very itchy. So Vichy is a big no-no for me.

Anything with menthol/mint causes eczema on my skin.

Silicones clog my pores. I avoid skin care products with silicones, but can’t avoid them completely in makeup.

L’Oreal skin care, the few that I’ve tried made my skin break out in hives.

I also try to avoid skin care with ingredients that are way too long and with tons of chemicals that I can’t even pronounce.
laifuwangcai
5% products discount

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Lancome,totally a waste of money!!
Blue25

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
The worst for me so far would have to go to either philosophy hope in a jar or Origins products... HORRIBLE reaction to that stuff
Sheiladdict
5% products discount

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
1. Clinique toners - too drying
2. Philosophy Hope in a Jar - pimples galore
3. Philosophy Purity Made Simple - pimples galore
4. Origins skincare (except the sulfur mask and the rice scrub) - useless
5. Loccitane skincare - useless

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 am      Reply with quote
CindiLou wrote:
Neostrata products & Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. These products gave me more pimples than i've ever had in my life.

Have you tried anything else of Neostrata?
They have some nice eye creams in the Canadian line- they are fragrance free, no acids and no dyes. good for very sensitive skin!
but I don't think they are sold in the US.

Also I'm a big fan of the Neostrata 10% vitamin C cream "capsules".

-have never tried the cleansers.
their toning solution is very harsh,doubt I will rebuy that.

For off my list I will add Clinique toner- they seem to be just a ton of alcohol.

another item is Revlon cream eyeshadow- they come in a pan w 5 circles of different shades and they wear off in minutes, just a sucky product.
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
CindiLou wrote:

Have you tried anything else of Neostrata?
They have some nice eye creams in the Canadian line- they are fragrance free, no acids and no dyes. good for very sensitive skin!
but I don't think they are sold in the US.

Also I'm a big fan of the Neostrata 10% vitamin C cream "capsules".

-have never tried the cleansers.
their toning solution is very harsh,doubt I will rebuy that.

I can't remember the names of the products i used. The company sent me a heap of free samples & within a few days my skin was freaking out. I went from having clear skin to a face full of pimples. Their products might be alright for those with oily skin but i think they stripped my already dry/dehydrated skin.
Tri-foliant
5% products discount

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Dear god, I never knew there was so much hate against Clinique before reading this thread. My sisters used to be Clinique junkies, though I remember they used to break out a lot, just like some others have complained here.

I almost wonder if the company engineered these products that way on purpose, just so that their clients keep coming back for more remedies, not aware they are making the situation worse the whole time :P

I've seen so many horrible, and out-right scam products in my time, I wouldn't even know where to start a list.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |