Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nasolabial Folds--What's Worked and How Long Did It Take?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Bren, I am considering getting Teosyal Deep in my cheekbone area today. Did you have your Juvé in the cheekbone area? If so, did it elevate the fold line noticeably?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Where do you live, Antonia? I haven't run into anyone around here (northern California) who seems to use Teosyal. It sounds great, but then I read anecdotal results like these: http://www.realself.com/Teosyal/reviews
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting Hermosa and thanks. Teosyal Kiss is structured to prevent lumpiness so I am really puzzled by these reviews (not to mention put off). The Teosyal Deep is supposed to be like Sculptra. I will discuss with the doc and maybe go for Juvéderm instead. Again, thanks. I hadn't read these reviews as all I have heard locally is positive stuff. (But then I know the rep..haha) I live in Vancouver.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, I always assume that reviews will be negatively biased, because you are going to be more likely to post if you have a bad experience than if everything happens as expected. Everything else I've seen about Teosyal is very positive.

Looks as though it is not FDA-approved, which is why I haven't seen it offered here. Figures. One more excuse to travel -- I can stock up on decent sunscreen too.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hey Antonia...
She put the Juve high in the cheek bone area. While it made quite a difference in the look of my face and a very slight lift to the mouth corners (and I really do love the look it gave me), it did next to nothing for my NL's which I am kind of disappointed in. I was hoping it would have improved them at least a little.

I really think I need a little Juve in my apples (and thought getting my cheeks done they would actually have put it there as well) and I think that will give my NL's the bit of lift they need and also a little lift to my troughs. So I will be trudging back to the spa in a few months to get a syringe put in that area...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Ah ha! Thanks Bren for that info. I have "cute little apples" already. Too cute! The corners of my mouth do slant down and I have always hated this so I think I'll go for it. I am going to ask them to take pics as we go.

Hermosa, I have heard only good things about Teosyal Kiss (from those who have had it). I know a few as I work with the spa on social media promotion. Today is my Botox and folds-filler day so I thought I'd be adventurous and see what fuller cheekbones would do. The rep is insistent it would lift up the malar cheek pad that rests against the fold. I do a lot of facial exercise so it likely wouldn't last very long.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:

The idea sounds plausible, but I wonder which muscles the Angellift are trying to restrict. It seems that most of the facial exercises work on building *up* the caninus muscle. Also, how does this device work? Do you just stick it in your mouth, on top of your teeth?

I found working my Caninus muscle increased the look of my NL - it's the main reason I gave up Ageless. I did habitually use the muscles whilst speaking for some time after but am thankfully moving away from it now (began Ageless in Sept, stopped in Nov).
If this Angellift gadget halts the caninus muscle use then it would be a miracle NL cure for me.
Yes it goes on top on your teeth.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just got back from my appt with the medi-spa. I had Juvéderm Ultra XC over the cheekbones and a little injected into the top of my NL folds, right next to the nostril. Completely amazing. I suddenly have cheekbones, and the effect is to elevate the planes of the face, including the NL fold. I swear I look ten years younger than I did this morning. Mind you, I looked like death warmed over today, very stressed where the Botox had worn off, causing my "worry bumps" to come back. I will post pics on my blog in a couple of days as apparently, the Juvé is hydrophilic and I should look even more like a classical Greek statue in 48 hours or so (with the arms, and with no naked Adonis cavorting by my side).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bren, thank you for reporting on the "save your face" pillow. I've been wondering if it would actually help. It's on my wish list.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty, it IS hard, isn't it? I can still feel some muscle tension in my chin but it's less than half of what it was before. Aprile told me to try to form the long o with my cheeks instead of my chin and that helped. I was trying to open my mouth so wide that it formed the long O. I was opening my mouth too wide and that's what was putting all the pressure in my chin area. Try pushing the corners of your mouth in towards the center to form the long o. My bottom lip ends up relaxing and puckering out a little. I still have to concentrate on relaxing the center of my chin but it's at least doable now. Best of luck. Let us know if this works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh Antonia - can't wait to see the pictures on the blog. Glad it turned out so nice for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear things went well for you Antonia! It does really make a HUGE difference doesn't it? I can't believe my face for sure and it was worth every penny...hopefully it lasts a year or more.

Was also wondering if you care to share some of those "apples" you have with me? Laughing I could really use some!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Apples would gladly be shared! I am rather bruised on one side this morning and I can feel very hard ridges inside, but the "bones" look good. I hope the Tua Viso doesn't disperse them too quickly. I will still continue with Ageless and the Big Os as well as I want to elevate the fold as much as possible. The Juvéderm Ultra XC is brilliant as there is virtually no need for freezing beforehand. It goes deep, right over the bone like Sculptra.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
One comment on realself.com - it's like the world's largest collection of horror stories! I don't know how many procedures I've looked up on there and have been promptly turned off by dreadful tales of suffering and disfigurement! I realise that people enjoy complaining more than praising - but still, seems like an awful lot of people are sorry they got anything done. It's not very encouraging.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, Keliu. I am sure there is the "complainer nature" running rife on that site. Everyone seems to think Teosyal causes lumps and bumps but I know a few people who have used it and not one has a complaint.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
One thing I myself have noticed about reading comments on RealSelf is many people tend to jump the gun so-to-speak and are making terrible comments on products and procedures days, sometimes hours after getting things done. I am not saying everyone does it, but I have read many that this case rings true.

There are many valid horror stories on RealSelf of course and I don't doubt them one bit....but a lot of those comments would be avoided if they give these procedures, products the proper calming/healing/settling period, I think there would be far fewer negative remarks on there...

It seems people are always more willing to proclaim the negatives about something rather than sing the praises...this is why I think RealSelf is a bit lop sided in opinions and I take all the negative comments on there with a grain of salt....

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I quite reading there as well for those reasons.
It's the old adage "if your happy with something you tell someone, but if you are unhappy, you tell EVERYONE!".
Forums have taken that to a whole new leverl.
Antonia-thanks for sharing and I am glad your results turned out great. It's interesting that adding the filler on the cheeks can accomplish the lift and rejuvenation. I will take that into consideration when I next have the juvederm done on my NL folds and mouth corners.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Annie, I didn't see the corner of the mouth lift. I did notice that my oval face took on more of the youthful "inverted triangle" look. (See this post: http://www.middle-ageless.com/2009/07/what-really-makes-face-appear-young.html) My doc (Shehla Ebrahim of Afterglow, who teaches other docs how to inject) also used a new technicque for injecting my folds. Instead of going into the folds with the needle pointing upward, and depressing the plunger as she withdrew, she went in "head on" to form a "bolus." She also did the bolus technique over my cheekbone as it disperses more naturally and, I believe she said, slowly, this way. She's very skilled with injections. The cheekbones could last 18 months or so, but I am sure the facial exercise and TV, AALS etc. will speed that up!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
BTW, great blog Antonia!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
The cheekbones could last 18 months or so, but I am sure the facial exercise and TV, AALS etc. will speed that up!

This is always my dilemma. I'm all for getting fillers, but I also love to use my gadgets - especially the Vaculifter. But realistically, by using these gadgets aren't you just massaging/vibrating the filler away more quickly?

I totally agree with your "triangle" theory - I'm absolutely convinced that puffed up cheeks make all the difference to a mature face. BTW Antonia, how many ml did you get in each cheek?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Antonia and Keliu, I agree as well with the triangle theory...

I was starting to look a bit bottom heavy in my face with the loss of fat in my cheeks and it has been my biggest "aging" complaint.
Even though I still feel I need some filler in my apples yet (to get that other youthful look Antonia has blogged about, that light reflection near the nose and I do use blue up there btw Very Happy ) that one syringe high in the cheeks brought back that more youthful triangular look and has made such a world of difference. It has inverted that triangle back to its proper place and I am just blown away at what a change it has made...I absolutely LOVE it and will continue doing this on a yearly basis....

and to think, I was nearly convinced I needed a mid-face lift Rolling Eyes....so glad I learned fillers in all the right places make you look like you've had one! Very Happy

This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, you should do a piece on your brilliant blog mapping a face as to where if filler went, what it would do to the contours (or have you already?).
In London everyone is so behind, they're all still walking round with trout pouts. They don't realise that if you put filler into your cheeks rather than directly into the NL's, it would be a far more natural smoothing of the line.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Exactly Miranda....people are filling their NL's like crazy and do not realize it's the loss of volume in the cheeks that is causing them in the first place.

Placing more volume in the cheeks will naturally give lift to the NL's and lower face making it in turn, more "natural" looking...I am pleased as punch with my cheek filler, but still need the apple boost to lessen my NL's a bit...I did however get a bit of upturn in my mouth corners....

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
That was a great post, Antonia. I am going to keep that in mind next time.
"Trout Pout", I love that Miranda!
Does anyone know if using the vaculifter will affect the fillers, even if you wait a few weeks for it to "settle" or "bind"?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Great question Annie! I am wondering that as well as I just started facial cupping....I am still avoiding my filler area on my cheeks until I know it's ok to do...

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |