Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy
I received my HA capsules today and I took 2 this afternoon and 2 now because I will be going to bed soon. I ordered the Twinlab Maxilife Collagen Type II. Each capsule contains; Biocell Collagen II 1000mg, Chondroitin Sulfate 200mg and Hyaluronic Acid 100mg. Could my lips really be tingly, or is this just wishful thinking and all in my head? *sigh* My LipLush/lipbloom hasn't arrived yet. I expected it today. I want to try a lip plumping treatment on my lips as well as take pills to get as much plumping as possible...

ErinChristine
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
After reading this amazing thread two weeks ago and doing some research on it, I went to the health food store to get the supps, and all they had was Natrol's Hyaluronic Acid, MSM, and Glucosamine capsules. The dosage is 3 capsules a day, and each cap has 500 mg of glucosamine, 333 mg of MSM, and 6.75 mg of HA. I got it and started right away. I have had okay results so far with slight improvement in that my lips look a little plumper, which I noticed the very first day. The results have stayed the same; I skipped a day and the plumpness went down; I resumed dosage and the plumpness returned.

The downside is a little embarrasing to discuss, but I think it's important. Since starting, I've noticed my urine has a strong odor, kinda like what you get with a cross between a strong B vitamin and asparagus. Also, my digestive system is irritated (gassy, diarreah, etc.). It's not so bad that it's disrupting my daily activity, but, hey, who wants tummy problems at all!? My question is, has anyone else experienced these side effects? Could it just be the Natrol brand? Will the side effects subside when my system adjusts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I started the HA capsules yesterday afternoon-with no improvement in the size of my lips! Sad My skin does look smoother though and the pain in my back is somewhat better. Should I be taking more capsules, or should I give this more time to work Question

TIA
ErinChristine
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
ErinChristine wrote:
Hello! I started the HA capsules yesterday afternoon-with no improvement in the size of my lips! Sad My skin does look smoother though and the pain in my back is somewhat better. Should I be taking more capsules, or should I give this more time to work Question

TIA
ErinChristine
Give it more time. The HA/collagen supplements first go to work in places that your body determines need help the most, so if you are diffcient in certain areas of your body, your body will use the nutrients there first. I don't know how/why the body does this, but several members have reported the phenomena.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate! You always take the time to respond to my whiney posts Smile At the same time I purchased the pills, I got Derma Beauty HA Gold Dramatic Effect Serum(with Biocell Collagen). I use it on my face and it is amazing! My skin drinks it up immediately! It even cleared up the breakout I was having! Shock Yhe first one in almost a year. My skin looks smooth, radiant and clear. Very Happy I will post a more indepth review later on.

Thanks again!
atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bongo's_mom"]...with hydraulic acid' . Sad[/quote]

hudraulic acid??? hahahaha lol Laughing Laughing Laughing
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my God, when I was in Whole Foods looking for the supplements, I asked for the hydraulic acid supplements (I knew the name just forgot)and the girl was like "you mean Hyaloronic Acid?" And I said, "Ummm, yeah that's it!" oops! Embarassed
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
The plumpness must have been my imagination Sad my lips really don't look any fuller. I've been taking HA/Biocell since last Friday. My skin looks nice and clear which is probably from a combination of the pills and a HA/Biocell face serum. *sigh* I guess on to the next thing! I ordered Swelllips(actually Lip Pulse/stung-or whatever) from Ebay and am STILL waiting for my Lipbloom to arrive. Lipbloom better work a miracle because the delivery is slow and the customer service is horrible! Mad
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
ErinChristine wrote:
The plumpness must have been my imagination Sad my lips really don't look any fuller. I've been taking HA/Biocell since last Friday. My skin looks nice and clear which is probably from a combination of the pills and a HA/Biocell face serum. *sigh* I guess on to the next thing! I ordered Swelllips(actually Lip Pulse/stung-or whatever) from Ebay and am STILL waiting for my Lipbloom to arrive. Lipbloom better work a miracle because the delivery is slow and the customer service is horrible! Mad

Are you drinking plenty of water? If your not, they won't do much for you.
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I drink [i]tons of water- all day, every day. I always did. I really would like my lips to fatten up a bit. Perhaps I should consider injections. Not for super huge lips, but to make them really full looking. How much do injections run typically? I was maybe thinking of the restylin(sp?)

Thanks!
tripperjj

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hello, I am a newbie. I just read through all of the HA stuff. I can't wait to try it! I found this link from Carekate's notepad on MUA. Carekate is full of beauty knowledge, I love it. I am going to use Carekate's lip scrub recipe, take the HA, and use my LipFusion XL. Tonight is my night! Hopefully tomorrow you will read about my big lips, painfree joints, and soft feet!!! Don't worry, I will give the HA more than one night to work. I am off to check out this Swellips stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
tripperjj-
Hey! I hope the HA works for you. Maybe I haven't given it enough time yet. I just ordered Lip pulse from Swelllips. She is so nice. Lip Pulse is also reasonably priced and the feedback is mostly good. A few people said it didn't work, but the majority of the buyers said it did plump their lips. People on this board really seem to love City Lips on Lipfusion(XL) but I haven't tried either yet. Maybe I won't have to;-). If the Lip Pulse works for me, I'll post before and after photos. Carekate is such a good resource for all things beauty!
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
What serum is the best?

Does it make a difference to my lips if my Source Naturals pills are the Skin Enternal" ones?
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I read in the Sunday paper yesterday Teri Hatcher (desperate Housewives) swears by HA capsules for her wrinkles!! Also for any UK members Holland & Barrett are selling them, though no info on their website re ingredients - I will need to go find one of their shops and read the label to see if they are any good... Maybe someone else has already tried them???
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
i've been lurking for awhile, but need to wait until i went back to the states to get ha capsules (could not find them here in paris). i almost forgot, and literally ran around to stores right before boarding the plane. i ended up with purity's ultimate h.a. formula.

it's been four days now, taking two a day (i only was able to get one bottle so i'm conserving!) and have already noticed a difference. i was always proud of my lips (the only member of my family to have any -- we're genetically lacking in lips and a--es), but age (44) has deflated them. tried every topical lip plumper out there and this is the first thing thats worked -- i love you, carrie!!!

my first few nights gave me a really bad eye twitch in my left eye (always had problems with it) but i swear -- i can see better. two days of h.a. cured whatever the hell was wrong with it and now my contact lens correction is too strong! amazing!

no real difference in hydration or the surrounding lines, but that's probably due to the fact that my face is a wee bit crepey and dehydrated from the avene products i just started.... i'm hoping these will offer relief for a bad knee as i'm off to turin tomorrow to join my boyfriend who's working the olympics. i'm tempted to up my dosage, but then i'll be deflated (in more ways than one) as i'm not going back to the states until mid-april and will run out.

to the person having stomach problems with her pills (sorry, i didn't quote you and forgot your name), it's probably the glucosamine in it. i tried them awhile back (for my knee) and just couldn't tolerate it. beans and cabbage have nothing on this! the next pills you get should be without glucosamine.

forom a website: <It would however be unjust not to mention that some people might experience gastric upset after ingestion of glucosamine. A glass of water or something to eat often helps in neutralizing this side effect.

again, carrie, huge huge thanks. having my lips again is making me feel more parisian daily!

cam
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi - thought I would join the crowd - I live in Canada. Ontario - Mississauga......and haven't been able to find HA with the Biocell Collegen 11 type. When I asked for Biocell the guy at the health food store gave me "Biosil" - said it was very good for skin - and was only able to purcase the HA with Lignisul and MSM (HA 100mg) - brand "NOW".

Now I have been taking it over 4 days but only at night as I am worried about the HA's 100MG - I am a small made person and thinking it might be to much, mean the HA's 100mg. This was the only HA they had. I tried GNC, Walmart and Shoppers and none of them had HA - The GNC women thought I was a bit crazy when I told her I wanted it for my lips (what can I do, she was very friendly) The only Collegen type 11, I have been able to get is Likota with Collegen type 11 450 mgs. My lips are definitely plumper and loving it.....thinking of taking 2 a day now..... getting braver...hee, hee. ( any thing For sexy lips).

Thanks EDS - especially "carekate" for taking the time to reply to so many queries.

I found out from EDS "again" that Biosil is good for skin, and I think "carekate" takes it - what I want to know is does biosil have any collegen, it says it kind of makes collegen (or something).

Now I am off to take my morning dose and then off to visit my Estetician - to show off my sexy lips Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm a virgin poster- this is my very first post anywhere ever Smile
Wow! my thanks to all of you for your work, ingenuity, and willingness to share your hard earned information and recipes! Special Thanks to Carrie for following up on her intuition and for investing so much of herself in this forum.!
I was searching for a review of lip plumping products and found my way here- spent an entire afternoon reading this thread and was hooked! I ordered the Purity Vital HA Max from iherb and started taking it a month ago, went through that bottle, and am now a week into taking Source Naturals HA. I intend to try Nature's Way Hydraplenish next time. I can't say that I've noticed any difference in my lips, but my skin seems generally fresher and less dry (in winter!) . I'm an oldie but goodie, so I assume my body has other ideas about how the use the stuff at this time and that it will eventually get to my lips.
BTW while researching HA on the net, I found www.knowledgeofhealth.com It's a web site run by health journalist Bill Sardi who wrote a book titled"How To Live 100 Years Without Growing Old". He says that once absorbed in the Body, HA triggers fibroblast cells in the body to make more HA That should put to rest the fears that taking HA might cause the body to stop making its own HA.

Great job you all!

mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oops Shhh I should have been more specific about the web site in my last post . Try
www.knowledgeofhealth.com/report.asp?story=Living%20Long%20Looking%20Young&catagory=Anti-Aging,%20Resveratrol

check out pages 3 and 4 of this report. There's a before/after picture (eye area) to check out. Note that the time between before and after is four months, so don't give up!
Wink
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Has anyone taken before and after pics of their lips? I'd be curious to see actual photos.
I would love to try a different type of HA pill. I took two bottles of the Source Naturals HA pills, drank plenty of water (as I always do) but I did not see a difference. I keep reading so many people's good results with some of the other pills and I might give them another try. But I would just love to see before and after photos of improvement in the size of their lips. Wink
I think it would be encouraging.

Congratulations on everyone's great results!
I can't wait to give them another try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
mimsy wrote:
...BTW while researching HA on the net, I found www.knowledgeofhealth.com It's a web site run by health journalist Bill Sardi who wrote a book titled"How To Live 100 Years Without Growing Old". He says that once absorbed in the Body, HA triggers fibroblast cells in the body to make more HA That should put to rest the fears that taking HA might cause the body to stop making its own HA.
mimsy wrote:
Oops Shhh I should have been more specific about the web site in my last post . Try: www.knowledgeofhealth.com/report.asp?story=Living%20Long%20Looking%20Young&catagory=Anti-Aging,%20Resveratrol and download the anti-aging report PDF file then check out pages 3 and 4 of this report. There's a before/after picture (eye area) to check out. Note that the time between before and after is four months, so don't give up! Wink

That is a FANTASTIC source of info about hyaluronic acid that Mimsy found for us and it actually contains answers to some of the most FAQ that I am asked (is if poor little me as an expert! Wink )!

Anyway, because this info is so good, I actually wanted to cut and paste some of the relevant info into this thread for those who might be too busy/lazy/whatever to go and seek the report themselves:

Erasing the effects of aging
-------------------------------------------------------
If there is a molecule that can erase the visible effects of aging it is hyaluronic acid (HA). This molecule is the water-holding molecule of the body. One gram (1000 milligrams) of HA holds up to 6 liters (quarts) of water in the body.

No, HA doesn’t produce water retention, it gels water so it can fill and puff up the skin and eyes, cushion joints and nerves and moisturize hair and skin.

HA looks like jello. HA is the molecule that babies are loaded with. It is the molecule produced abundantly during pregnancy that gives women beautiful skin and thick hair. With advancing age
humans produce less HA, plus sun exposure or disease can accelerate loss of HA, and this results in wrinkles, shrinkage of height, shrinkage of the eyes which can result in the premature need for reading glasses, thinning of hair, and loss of cushioning in joint spaces that results in pain and bone wear.

Orthopedists and dermatologists attempt to make up for the loss of HA by injecting it into joints and the skin. But a better approach is to boost HA production from within the body, just like it was produced during youth.

HA resides in the connective tissue (CT) of the body. This is the goo that connects cells. See the diagram above. The goo (shown in green) that fills most of our body is connective tissue (collagen)
and HA is produced within the connective tissue by cells called fibroblasts.
<Note from CareKate: you will actually need to download and view the report from the link provided by Mimsy above in order to view the diagrams and photos referenced herein>

Contrary to what physicians often claim, oral HA is absorbed and has been demonstrated to trigger the youthful production of HA by fibroblast cells. Oral HA supplements now abound but have not
received proper attention. So far, physicians have stood on the sidelines touting their injectable forms of HA while thousands of Americans have personally discovered the benefits of oral HA.

See the age reversing effects of oral HA for yourself below.

Age reversing effects of oral hyaluronic acid photographically captured. Photo taken in July of 2003. Four months later. Notice the disappearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eye. (Photos copyright protected)

Hyaluronic acid (HA) is produced by fibroblast cells within connective tissue. Oral HA supplements can activate fibroblasts to produce more HA, like during youth. Contrary to what most doctors say, oral HA is absorbed, though there are differences in molecular weight of various brands of HA.

Hyaluronic acid supplements produced synthetically are 2 million Daltons in molecular weight. HA
supplements derived from rooster combs are about 500,000 in molecular weight. And HA supplements from chick sternum cartilage are 1500-3000 in molecular weight. The lower the molecular weight,
the better the absorption.

So I guess none of us were imagining the other "side effects" from taking our HA pills for lip plumping and also experienced plumping of fine lines, relief from excessively dry skin or instant clearing skin breakouts. (Okay, so the report didn't actually say anything about that -- if it can do all that other stuff, why not cure acne too? It doesn't mention lip plumping either, but we all know better!)

This ought to help silence all the doubting Thomases, eh?!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Great Read! - It put my mind at rest - Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine-
Others have talked about digestive problems because of Glucosamine in the multiple joint supplements. Maybe you could try some pure HA pills?
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Smile
This thread was really interesting reading! I am very curious to try the capsules myself as so many others here. (Please bear with another one...) I have not found AH capsules here in Oslo, Norway, so I hope this works out. I was wondering, does anyone know if this would be a polite site to order from? http://vitanetonline.com/description/SN1482/vitamins/Skin-Eternal/
And also, are they the right ones? I apologise if the answer already is in the thread, just alot of information to swallow.

Thanks Smile Ziggy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Ziggy, welcome Very Happy
I've not ordered from Vitanetonline, so I can't provide any information on that site. My last order of HA was from Vitacost.com and their shipping was very efficient - I had the order in a matter of days (they ship internationally). Be sure to check and make sure Norway allows HA into the country. Here in Canada we are limited by a 3 month's supply, but that's Ok Very Happy
I stopped using iHerb coz their shipping costs shot up to more than the value of the order!!
Here's a link to the page that I ordered from - 240 capsules for $39.99 - pretty good deal Very Happy

Anya
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Anya: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer:) Speaking of, i'm blown away by all the "little helpers" around here Very Happy

Anyway, after some more reading on the thread, I found out I was looking at the "wrong" Skin Eternals (no AH in the title),as Source Naturals have them without HA as well. I decided to order the Source Naturals Skin Eternal AH as so many others here. Got my Lipfusion "Se xy" on the way too.

I'm a bit worried Norway doesnt allow AH in the country, but I have no clue on this (tried to search the web for lists and rules but I'm no wiser). I guess i'll order from Vitacost and hope for the best.

Happy plumping everyone! Cool
Ziggy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |