Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Ariesextreme, once you get through the conditioning phase, the plump is supposed to last anywhere from an hour or two to eight hours. The conditioning period is two weeks, then you are encouraged to do a week-long "intermediate" phase. Friday is my last day, yay! Very Happy

Kiki, it happened the same way with me -- the lips plump up, more each day, and then last longer each day. I'd say you're on the right track! Very Happy

This lip pump is total genius!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks RD, it's good to know it's not just me imagining things...

Now the questions is, why oh why, didn't I do this the right way and keep it up, when I first got the darn lip pump 5 or 6 years ago! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh wow, I wish I had known about the pump years ago! I wasn't even really aware of topical lip plumpers until last April or so, when I really began wanting to inflate my lips. But, sadly, the topical plumpers did nothing for me Crying or Very sad
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Woo-hoo...still doing 3 pulls at 10 seconds each. This morning, my lips plumped up even more than yesterday, and lasted for more than half an hour, which before today has been a thing unheard-of! Still no bruising.

MermaidGirl, I would definitely recommend you break that bad-boy back out and go through the conditioning! You'll be glad you did! Very Happy

Red, I'm looking for my pump! I moved since I got the thing and thought it was still in my lingerie chest, but I think it may be in a box in storage. Ack! Confused I'm going to have to undertake a reconnaissance mission to locate the thing!

I'm excited for you that using it has brought you such great results. I'm hoping I can be patient and not bruise myself again. (I must use this as my mantra during conditioning: "No more Hitler mustaches!") Laughing

Will let you know what my reconn mission yields. Wish me luck!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:
Woo-hoo...still doing 3 pulls at 10 seconds each. This morning, my lips plumped up even more than yesterday, and lasted for more than half an hour, which before today has been a thing unheard-of! Still no bruising.

MermaidGirl, I would definitely recommend you break that bad-boy back out and go through the conditioning! You'll be glad you did! Very Happy

Red, I'm looking for my pump! I moved since I got the thing and thought it was still in my lingerie chest, but I think it may be in a box in storage. Ack! Confused I'm going to have to undertake a reconnaissance mission to locate the thing!

I'm excited for you that using it has brought you such great results. I'm hoping I can be patient and not bruise myself again. (I must use this as my mantra during conditioning: "No more Hitler mustaches!") Laughing

Will let you know what my reconn mission yields. Wish me luck!

No fun!! Good luck as you proceed with your recon mission. If you can't find it, and you order a new one, I would advise against ordering fromwww.igia.com. I don't know why, but they never, never sent me my pump! Mad Oh well, they didn't charge me either.

I'm hoping you find it. Yes, patience is the key. Just keep imagining how beautiful you will look with gorgeous, plump lips! Very Happy
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
RD, did you ever call to find out if IGEA ever even got your order? I'd be wondering that or if it just got lost.. Since they never charged you.. Just a thought..

I got both my IGEAs from the site with no problem.. Same with my LL, but it cost a lot more..

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
RD,

When I checked the site earlier, they were out of stock. Wonder if they're on backorder therefore, not shipping nor charging you yet. I'd call to make sure that's what happening and cancel your order if it's still being processed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I ordered the Cynthia Rowlands pump last week and am looking forward to trying it. I've been taking a HA capsule and also put HA serum on my lips a few times a day. They look healthy and are very soft, but I want them fuller...debated with myself on and off about injections but decided against it. I ordered the Igia pump last year and after a postcard stating it was backordered, I then got a postcard stating they no longer carried it, and it was cancelled. Glad to have read this thread and be reminded there is another option out there! I will definitely do the conditioning first, after all I've waited this long to get one! I will try to have my husband take before & after's (if I can remember..)
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki, I tried to call them but nobody ever picked up the 1-800 line. When I checked on the status of the order (online), it always said "Sent to Warehouse". Then, later, I found that my account with them had somehow disappeared. Very odd. Kind of shady, eh? Confused Maybe the site doesn't really operate anymore.

But then, ariesextreme, you seem to be getting more info from the site than I have...it never tells me that it's out of stock. I had better go and check for sure! *runs off to check* Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
ariesextreme, you are right! It does say they are out of stock. And, my account has reappeared! *Twilight Zone music* Now, in light of all of these miracles, maybe someone will pick up the customer service line so that I can cancel that order. I have two orders there, but I think I'll keep the first one so that I can have a spare pump.
CINDY11675

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, I found a website called Hylaskin, I copied the following:
Present throughout the human body, hyaluronic acid is capable of retaining up to 6,000 times its weight in water! Unfortunately, your hyaluronic acid content can decline with age. At age 30, you may have 30% less HA than you have at 20. At age 50, you could have 50% less! This loss of hyaluronic acid in your body is mirrored by a loss of moisture and an increase in the dryness of your skin.

Studies show that hyaluronic acid ingested in supplement form can significantly increase the moisture content of the outer layer of skin as measured by conductivity (product-in-use tests indicate an average increase of 45.6%), meaning HA could be an ideal moisturizing supplement!

Really interesting stuff, not only good for the lips but also skin, have a good day.
Cindy
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Cindy, thanks for posting that.. I think we've all found this to be true and posted about it in past pages...

Many have posted about feet.. I myself have found that to be true.. I'm very picky about my feet being smooth and soft, so was always lotioning them and 'sanding' them.. Plus my big toes, on the bendy part {knuckel/joint} were always seeming thick and almost calloused.... They have totaly done a 180*.. I don't have to spend hardly any time on them, like I used to.. It's amazing.. This is why I'm sure that lips are plumping back up for people... We have found tho, that if your body needs it in other places, it will go there first, so some don't get the plump..

The combo of the HA and MSM, also are very good for joints, skin and nails..

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I got my C. Rowlands pump yesterday, any tips about how to make your lips go into the suction mode...I have a long, slender face (similar to the posted pics of Scallawaggirl) and the plastic cross-piece on the pump does not snug up to my face.
How are you all using this? I tried bending over so gravity would pull more of my face into the crosspiece and that seemed to work a bit but I'm not feeling much suction. I think I read about turning it upside down but that didn't work, at all.
Thanks in advance for any tips!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
I got my C. Rowlands pump yesterday, any tips about how to make your lips go into the suction mode...I have a long, slender face (similar to the posted pics of Scallawaggirl) and the plastic cross-piece on the pump does not snug up to my face.
How are you all using this? I tried bending over so gravity would pull more of my face into the crosspiece and that seemed to work a bit but I'm not feeling much suction. I think I read about turning it upside down but that didn't work, at all.
Thanks in advance for any tips!

You can go here for lots of tips, and read people's experiences using the pump:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/191228/

It's useful to wet your face beforehand, then you get a better seal with the mouthpiece. It also helps if you suck out the excess air when you put the mouthpiece up to your face. I hope this helps! Smile
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Red Devil, I read over the tips and I'll try them over lunch.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, Chocolat! Keep us posted! This whole lip pump ordeal has been so much fun for me! Laughing
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well I tried it again at my lunch break. I moistened the area around my mouth, then tried it; couldn't sustain a suction. Then I turned it upside again, sucked out the air, and slowly pulled the pump and voila, it worked! I did 2 5-sec pulls. Hope this works, it seems so amazingly simple and it's sure cheaper w/no side effects than Resty or Perlane or implants and the end results are more under my control, all which I like. Smile
Now hopefully something will happen!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Rock on!!

Just be patient and it will work!

I like the fact that it's under the control of the user, too. How cool is that?? Cool
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hrm...I'm trying hard to take my own advice about being patient! My plump is great and easy to create (didn't mean to make that rhyme!) but it won't stay past fifteen minutes or so. But I've read that this is how it is for most people. I was hoping to be one of those lucky ones who gets their plump to last for eight hours at the end of the conditioning, which, this is my last day. Tomorrow I can start doing 3 pulls at 15-20 seconds, and I can replump during the day.

How is everyone else doing with their pumps?
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
My 2nd conditioning day of 2 pulls at 5 seconds each, no bruising or other marking, but it takes me more than the intial try to get the suction right. Sometimes with the "top" side up, sometimes the unit has to be upside down, go figure. I'm putting extra HA and emu on my lips afterwards, and a light (1 drop) of regular CP under that at night. So far so good (not expecting to see any results yet.)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Well hell, I guess I’m going to have to break down and buy one of these penile-enlargement-device looking things and start using it because I want Angelina lips, too. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had great results with my HA/collagen pills even two years on, but one’s hips can never be too thin and one’s lips can never be too full!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Me, too, Carekate. I just ordered one though I have seen definite improvement with my HA pills, copper peptides (make sure to swipe the CP serum and also put a bit of Night Eyes Premier). I am fully anticipating bigger lips with this little baby because I had considered collagen injections but couldn`t talk myself into it. Too much maintenance.

Anyway, I should have it soon (had it shipped to my fiancè`s in Québec!) so I might have slightly bigger smoochers for the wedding. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I can see the pump had helped... I believe in the HA w/MSM with all my heart, but the pump seems to be a great compliment to it... I'm just did my 7th conditiong treatment.. I've been gone all day, and didn't get in before I left.. I'm getting impatient to move on in my treatments...LOL But I'll do it the right way this time.. I don't want a bruised face again...LOL

I'm going to try to see how long the plump that I'm getting now, lasts.. My lips look awesome at the moment.. I wouldn't say Jolie lips, but ONLY because she has much wider lips than I do.. Plump wise, so very close!! Give me so much hope. I'll have to order a couple more, so I can have a spare for my purse, and one in waiting if this one dies.. I do need to see if shomehow I can get my other one to work properly...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Jan Marini C-Estamins? They have the biocell HA/collagen, evening primrose, alpha lipoic, other goodies too. Initially I thought they were too expensive but then I thought about how much it would be for me to buy everything separately. I ordered them today so we shall see how it goes.

For anyone who is interested, here are the ingredients:

Jan Marini C-ESTAMINS Formula:

BioCell Collagen 2000mg (Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 1200mg; Chondroitin Sulfate 400mg; Hyaluronic Acid 200mg), Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera Seed) Proanthocyanidins 15.79mcg, Ascorbyl Palmitate 250mg, Carotenoids Complex (Dunaliela Sallina) 5mg, Evening Primrose Seed Oil (Gamma Linoleic Acid (G.L.A.) 6.75) 67.5mg, CoEnzyme Q10 30mg, Idebenone 10mg, Alpha Lipoic Acid 50mg, Glucosamine Sulfate (Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium) 100mg, Retinol 5000 IU, Ascorbic Acid 500mg, D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate 200 IU, Thiamine Mononitrate 15mg, Riboflavin 10mg, Niacinamide 50mg, Pyridoxine Hydrochlorate 10mg, Folic Acid 400mcg, Cyanocobalamin 10mcg, D-Calcium-Pantothenate 25mg, Calcium Phosphate 445mg, Zinc Picolinate 2mg, Sodium Selenite (Selinium) 500mcg, Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Modified Cellulose Gum, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Annato.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
Has anyone tried Jan Marini C-Estamins? They have the biocell HA/collagen, evening primrose, alpha lipoic, other goodies too. Initially I thought they were too expensive but then I thought about how much it would be for me to buy everything separately. I ordered them today so we shall see how it goes.

For anyone who is interested, here are the ingredients:

Jan Marini C-ESTAMINS Formula:

BioCell Collagen 2000mg (Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 1200mg; Chondroitin Sulfate 400mg; Hyaluronic Acid 200mg), Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera Seed) Proanthocyanidins 15.79mcg, Ascorbyl Palmitate 250mg, Carotenoids Complex (Dunaliela Sallina) 5mg, Evening Primrose Seed Oil (Gamma Linoleic Acid (G.L.A.) 6.75) 67.5mg, CoEnzyme Q10 30mg, Idebenone 10mg, Alpha Lipoic Acid 50mg, Glucosamine Sulfate (Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium) 100mg, Retinol 5000 IU, Ascorbic Acid 500mg, D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate 200 IU, Thiamine Mononitrate 15mg, Riboflavin 10mg, Niacinamide 50mg, Pyridoxine Hydrochlorate 10mg, Folic Acid 400mcg, Cyanocobalamin 10mcg, D-Calcium-Pantothenate 25mg, Calcium Phosphate 445mg, Zinc Picolinate 2mg, Sodium Selenite (Selinium) 500mcg, Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Modified Cellulose Gum, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Annato.

I hadn't heard of these vits until now but they sound GREAT! I think I'll be getting some for myself when I place my next EDS order on payday -- the only bummer I can see is they don't appear to contain Biotin or MSM which are great for hair/skin/nails....

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |