Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay, this time I think I've really found the secret to plumper lips! Y'all know that I've been researching all of the lip plumping products on the market, first on behalf of my mother who's been threatening to squander my inheritance (Wink) on collagen injections, and then later on for my own benefit after my grandmother informed me my lips look a lot smaller than they did a couple years ago....All of my research on lip care and lip plumping products has provided me with the knowledge that lips are comprised primarily of collagen and our old friend, hyaluronic acid.

I've chronicled the use of CityLips lip plumper (my mom saw limited results, I had no results at all), Lamas Lip Enhancer (does not plump but it does help smooth lip lines, hydrates well and imparts a gorgeous, your-lips-but-better pink tint) and a homemade lip plumper called Swellips purchased on Ebay (after three weeks use, my mom's lips have increased in volume by 3 millimeters and my lips have increased by 2 millimeters). While those results are pretty good, I must be a bit greedy because I want my lips to be even more voluptuous! And I think I've stumbled upon the ultimate answer, the holy grail....

While I was at Walgreens (national drugstore chain) on Friday to pick up my monthly slew of migraine prescriptions, I saw a display on the counter for hyaluronic acid capsules that they were selling as a nutritional supplement for skin and joint health. I was intrigued, and at $9.99 for 60 capsules, it seemed like a small price to pay for yet another experiment in lip plumping...and even if it didn't do anything for my mouth, maybe it would help me with the painful bone spur in my ankle that flairs up from time to time so I figured WTH and put a bottle in my shopping basket.

In order to measure to accurately gauge the effectiveness of these new HA capsules, I made a lip print before I took my first capsule and recorded that my top lip measured 5/16ths of an inch (sorry - I couldn't find my metric ruler!) and my bottom lip measured 7/16ths. I took the HA capsule and went to bed. On Saturday morning, I looked in the mirror and nearly had a heart attack -- I couldn't believe the result could be so dramatic after only one dose, but I made another lip print and got out the ruler. This time, my top lip was 8/16ths of an inch and my bottom lip was an astonishing 11/16ths!! My mom was insanely jealous when she saw me Saturday afternoon and made me run back down to Walgreens to pick up a bottle of the capsules for her!

Bottom line: I'm pretty sure I can safely retire my tube of 'Swellips' and won't be repurchasing when it runs out. To keep my mouth full and fabulous from now on, I'll take one HA capsule daily and keep my kisser smooth and hydrated by using my Lamas Lip Enhancer by day and slathering on a coat of Aquaphor at night.

If you're looking to "plump your pucker" (sorry Winnie, I couldn't resist! Wink), I highly recommend you try hyaluronic acid as a nutritional supplement....

Smooches!! Very Happy
Carrie
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm & Frodo - you should try Vitacost.com. The Nature's Way product is $11.19 there, but you have to pay for shipping ($4.99 in US), which would probably make the product equal to what lunarmm paid, but you can also sometimes buy more items before that shipping price increases. Also, always do a Google search for Vitacost coupons - there's always an active one out there where you can get an extra 5% off your order. Sometimes, depending on how much you order, that 5% can take care of the cost of shipping entirely.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Diann,

I just remembered -- trywww.iHerb.com. They were the fastest and the cheapest place that I ordered from. Cool

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
minze
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a new lip plumping device the past couple of days that I think works much better than Rowland's luscious lips. It's the CosmeSearch Jolie Lips, Lip Plumper. (You can find it here: http://www.cosmesearch.com/jolielips/index.html) It delivers some POWERFUL suction for a lot LONGER which for me results in major plump lips. But just like LL, the plump doesn't last all day. It only cost $14.95 which is the reason I took a chance and tried it. They also sell a lip plumping balm, but I didn't order it. I use the device on clean skin w/out any sort of topicals.

cubancurls, I'm vegetarian (although I eat animal products like eggs which I love) and the HA pills I've been using are from NOW. It's a vegetarian formula and it also contains MSM. Just wanted to let you know that a veggie formula works for me.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone interested in taking collagen supplements may want to read this:

http://www.paulabegoun.com/2009/01/05/drinking-collagen-liquid-youth-or-the-latest-anti-wrinkle-gimmick/

I know the author isn't a medical doctor, but she does back up her article with scientific research. HTH

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |