Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nelly

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Ok Ladies, don`t laugh Crying or Very sad , but i think i`m experiencing a weird side effect, my nose has grown, seriously i`m not lying Liar . I even had a friend comment on it. She said my nose tip looks fuller, first i was like..yeah right. but when i came home and looked in the mirror, i really saw the difference. Ok i think i`m going to cut down a bit on my HA dose, cause i don`t want a bigger nose. Anyone else experienced this? My face also looks a bit fuller overall, but i actually like that. Oh well..i guess i can`t have it all.

Have a great weekend everyone wave , Nelly
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:40 am      Reply with quote
mine haven't arrived yet. I am not sure that I want my nose to grow. Why do all these things have negatives as well as positives.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Lori ...........remember you ordered your HA capsules from overseas.........well i was just searching to see if you could get them in the uk.........well, i found that the uk supplier for Source Naturals - Hyaluronic Acid iswww.biovea.net/product_detail.asp?PID=398
it costs £19.95 for 60 tablets.........it probably works out the same because when you order from overseas, you'll end up paying VAT through customs and excise.........regards karina
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Karina,
Thanks for info. I will remember that if I like the effect and want to reorder. Customs always get my packages nasty little B word men.
I did do a search but I always get a headache trying to sort out results after a couple of hours trawling. I love the internet but it can be overwhelming.

Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

My name is Michelle and I've been reading all the post and I'm intrigued with this. I suffer from really thin lips and have thought about getting collegen injections but it so expensive and have been told that it doesn't last very long. Can anyone tell me where I can get this product (HA), I live in New Orleans. And also can you tell me the brand to look for.

Thanks so much!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Michelle,
I bought some made by Spring Valley at Walmart. I thought I'd give it a try and see if its effective before I try the pricier versions. My product also has collagen, glucosamine and condroitan so I'm hoping it helps the painful arthritis in my hand in addition to plumping my skinny uppper lip. If my nose enlarges like Nelly said hers did, I will not be a happy camper...we'll see, I've been taking it about 2 weeks I think. I hope it works!! Pray Smile

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!!!!

Does it say HA capsuals on the bottle or is it a different name. I did go to CVS and Walgreens and didn't see the HA, I looked in the joint pain section and saw alot of products that were either MSM or something that started with a chond??? But I look at all of them and none of them had HA in them.

Thanks!!
Michelle Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

well im still looking at some of these HA tabs but could someone let me know if this site http://www.biovea.net/product_detail.asp?PID=398&CID= is the same ones on these two and is 50mg the right strength

http://www.biocelltechnology.com

http://www.superior-coral.com/vital-ha-max.htm

many thanks

sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:36 am      Reply with quote
This is for the ones who keep close track on this post, I reduced my 6 pills daily to 2 daily for 5 days now. Lips still plumped, but they are drier than when I was taking 6.

D Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
well I finally received my supply of HA today. I have taken 3 today. Giving me a total of Type 11 collagen 900mg
Chrondoitin Sulphate 300mg
Hyaluronic Acid 150mg
hopefully this will plump my lips and everything else that needs plumping. I will keep you posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
loopylori:

Where did you get your supplement. Mine does not contain nearly that amount!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lily,
I got them from vitanet online. The link is in my post on page 4 of this topic. That is the total of all 3 pills so you have to divide by three to get individual pill contents. Ok.
so its
col 300mg
CS 100mg
HA 50mg
that doesn't sound nearly as impressive, does it Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am just checking in. I am still taking the Spring Valley supplements, 3 times a day. My lips are still plump. I haven't really noticed any other changes on my face. But, I am glad to report my nose hasn't gotten bigger. he he he!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
As noted on the bottle, for jumpstart, I can take 3 caps day and nite, and that's what I did, and will reduce the dose soon. I have not found any negative side effect at all, EXCEPT I notice extremely yellow urine (which is also noticed by everyone else who is taking it), so I guess it's normal.

My skin is firmer ALL OVER, esp. my face and my eyes, but I am not sure if it's the HA or other stuffs I put on my face. I also noticed my digestion has been better, perhaps it's bc it has Omega 3 oil in the pills too ....

I went to Montreal during X'mas and was off HA for a few days, did noticed the change, just a little, it didn't appear as plumped as when I am on it.

Hope this helps you all,
D

It sounds like you are using an HA supplement with the same main ingredient as the one I have used, Biocell II. This has worked extremely well for me, better than any HA supplement I've tried.

I recently went to buy my month's supply and they were out of it and sold me another HA supplement. It would have cost more, but she sold it to me at the same price as Biocell II, since they were out. Even though this supplement is normally more expensive, it is not working as well. It has not worked nearly as well to keep my lips from being dry. Next time, I'll not buy a substitute.

The one that isn't working as well is called "Joint Support" by Roex, Inc. It has Unhydrolyzed Chicken Sternum Collagen II, (not the patented Biocell II) 1000mg; Chrondroitin Sulface A, 1000mg; and HA 10mg. The Biocell II that works so well has the 1500 mg Biocell II that contains 50mg of HA. Other research tells me that the HA needs to be at least 30mg per day.

Just wanted to alert everyone that all HA supplements with chicken collagen don't necessarily work the same. Confused

As you the extreme yellow urine, sometimes, not always, but sometimes, it can mean that your body isn't absorbing all of it and the excess is being eliminated when you pee. That's not always the case, but you might test using less of it and see if you have the same result with no yellow urine.

I can agree that when you go off the HA supplements, within a couple of days, you can tell the difference. Sad

JUDY

5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Having read the wow effects with HA capsules , I finally ordered the dermabeauty capsules (HA and Biocell CollagenII).Its been 3 days since I started taking em (1 capsule twice a day)......AND.....my lips really look plump, more hydrated as well as, well contoured.Wow im impressed.Noticed a nice glow on the skin too!However, i'm concered about the long term usage safety of these capsules.Also, has anyone experienced any sideffects with the HA capsules? thanks a ton,
Donna. Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Not one to trust my own judgement I have made a mold of my lips, lines and all before taking HA. I knew my lips were thin but they look miniscule in replica. Shock I will do another one in about a month and hopefully will be able to see a difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
What did you use to make the mold with? (Oh dear, I seem to have ended that sentence with a preposition!) I just put some lipstick on and kissed a sheet of paper then measured the imprint....

BTW, someone provided me with a link with info regarding hyaluronic acid and it specifically discusses the benefits of taking it for cosmetic use, if you want to check it out: http://www.hyalogic.com/aboutha.htm

Carrie
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie
I bought the face replica kit fromwww.plasticsurgerysculptures.com
I didn't by the lip kit just the face one. Then I weighed the mix into smaller bags. The stuff dries really quick and I found I was too slow but smaller amounts is easier to handle. I found this stuff on the skin bio website. Before and after pictures sections. Its great because you can do a face mold and it shows all you lines etc. I wanted it because I want to see if the things I am using on my face are working or if I am just imagining they are. Sorry for long winded answer. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

BTW, someone provided me with a link with info regarding hyaluronic acid and it specifically discusses the benefits of taking it for cosmetic use, if you want to check it out: http://www.hyalogic.com/aboutha.htm
Carrie

Carrie....

That site is excellent. Thanks for posting it! I did notice the info about HA having a "half-life", meaning that it breaks down quickly and must constantly be replinished. That would explain why the HA supplements work so well and quickly for the lips, but the effects goes away very quickly if you stop the supplements. It would be interesting for some of us to test and see if the effect goes away as quickly after you've been using the supplement for a while, like it did in the beginning. So far, if I forget to take it, I immediately begin to feel my lips drying. I've been taking HA supplementation for about 2 months now.

JUDY

5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I happen to have an oily skin and I've been taking HA capsules for about a week now.Although I have noticed my lips have become plumper,my skin is breaking out!Could this be due to the fact that HA aids in skin moisturisation from within?Oh no... does that mean I go off the capsules Crying or Very sad Please advice.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Lori........did you receive your HA capsules from that overseas place..........i ordered them from the same place (that was before i found a UK site).........and my credit card has not been debited yet.........i would suspect that either the order did not go through...........or that they take their time in dispatching overseas orders.............i will probably end up ordering from that UK site...if i don't receive my tablets before next week........regards Karina
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Karina,
I did order from that site.
It was a bit slow and actually the day they arrived I was going to email them to check that the order had gone through.Send them an email to confirm. Good luck

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sad
I found you thru the lipaugmentation board and went right away to my local health food store. I read all the brands and ingredients you mentioned and I found something from TwinLab that is pure 1000mg of Collagen PLUS 100mg of HA. I thought, wow perfect! Well it's been 2 days and I haven't noticed ANY difference. Wouldn't this sound like the most perfect combo of the two? WOnder why it hasn't worked???
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
patience my dear girl.I know some of the girls have noticed an instant difference but I haven't. The only effect I have noticed so far is my bottom lip looks smoother and wierdly slightly redder. I would have to do another lip mold to see if size is different and I want to wait a month before I do that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I also have not noticed a difference in my lips. At least I don't think there is Confused My lips fluctuate a lot anyway, so I find it hard to tell. I am taking the source naturals biocell II ha. I am hoping that in time it will have a good effect on something.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |