Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have now tried 3 different brands. The first one I tried was Collagen Type II by Vitamin Research Labs; the second Joint Support (with unhydrolyzed chicken sternal collagen II) and Source Naturals Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Acid (which also contains Biocell II). The first one (Collagen Type II) worked beautifully, showing results within 3 days; Very Happy the second (Joint Support) didn't work very well Sad ; and the third one (Skin Eternal HA) worked well, but I still prefer Collagen Type II best because it's a smaller capsule where the Skin Eternal HA is a larger tablet.

In short, the two that worked well both contained the patented ingredient, Biocell II. I'm posting a report on the company that has the patent (hope the link works for you) http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/productnews/indexByCpyEntry.asp?id=56

Also this link shows the products that contain this patented ingredient: http://www.biocelltechnology.com/wheretobuy.htm

Since the two products that have worked best for me both contained the patented ingredient, Biocell II, I hope this is helpful.

One thing I did notice that was different about the collagen/HA in the different products, the Biocell II says it is hydrolyzed and the one that didn't work as well contained unhydrolized chicken sternal collagen. Perhaps it makes a difference.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Judy,
you do work hard on behalf of us girls, all this research you do. Thanks, it saves me time. My HA is the 'source naturals' and I have noticed that my lips are not nearly as dry as they were. Infact I have not put any moisturising stuff on them for a couple of days. Thats great for me because I have just finished 2 night shifts and normally my lips get really dry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
contained unhydrolized chicken sternal collagen.
I'll stay thin lipped rather than eat chiken bones :-&
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Okay all you HA capsule takers LISTEN TO THIS!

I have been taking the capsules for awhile now. I think for a couple of months.

First of all I have noticed a little difference in my lips (but not that much). I do think this stuff 'wears off' very fast as after taking the capsules before bed I sometimes wake up and find my lips DO look bigger but then by lunch time they are back to normal.

But this is the miracle! I have always had VERY VERY dry scaley feet. (My mom and my sister both do too so it must run in my family.) I even posted here asking for help b/c even with using a pumice stone to take off dead/rough skin they were still always a mess. They really have been my worst feature and I have always kept them hidden away as much as possible. Embarassed Because it is winter (they are worse in winter) I have not bothered to do anything about them b/c it is easy to keep them hidden. BUT what has happened is that since taking HA capsules they are hardly dry at all!!! Very Happy I never would have believed it! That is truly amazing! Of course I did not take before/after pictures as I had no idea this would be possible.

The other thing I have to report is very weird and some of you may think I am crazy. Shock When I was about 8 I broke my nose. Since then I have had a crease and a faint scar (and a slight indentation there)along the part of the nose where the main part of the bone ends and the fleshy tip begins. It is not obvious to others and unless I tell people that I broke my nose and point it out it would not be noticeable. Last night I woke up with the strangest sensation right on that scar. I was half asleep and it bugged me a bit but I didn't think anything of it. This morning I noticed the scar is WAY less visable and it is plumper and less indented where that scar is. I swear this is true.

Remember that poster who said her nose (I believe the tip of it) looked bigger? (Sorry I don't have time to look up your name...) I can't tell if my nose is 'bigger'. I certainly don't want it to be but there is something going on in that area.

So even though my lips are not really plumper I have some other things going on from taking the HA capsules. I guess we can't control where our body puts it and I guess my body thinks my feet needs it more than my lips! Laughing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lillie....

You're right. The effect does subside rather quickly, but according to the research I read, that's normal. Also, the lips seem to show it's effect the quickest because they are composed so much of collagen themselves and respond very quickly to the HA and collagen supplements. I'm taking the Source Naturals with patented Biocell II now and I take one capsule at each meal, so it's spaced out through the day. Having tried products with the patented Biocell II and a product without, I'm a firm believer in that specific ingredient. It seems to work much better for me than other forms of the HA/Collagen.

The one that didn't work so well for me, "Joint Support" from a company called Roex, actually had more collagen than any of the others, but had much less HA, having only 10mg of HA compared to 100mg of HA in the one that works well. However, the Collagen Type II by Vitamin Research Labs has only 50mg of HA and it worked just as well. So, I conclude that you need at least 40mg of HA for this to work well (I think that was in one of the articles that we read too) and having even 1000 mg of collagen rather than 600mg doesn't necessarily work so well if it's not Biocell II. I'm sure that's perfectly clear, right? Laughing

The product that didn't work so well on the lips was focused on the chicken collagen because that's what works well for joints; so since this supplement is recommended to joint support and for skincare, it seems the ones with at least 40mg of HA work better for skincare.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
OH MY GOD I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!
Lily, yours is THE funniest post I've ever read ANYWHERE!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Keep us posted!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
OH MY GOD I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!
Lily, yours is THE funniest post I've ever read ANYWHERE!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Keep us posted!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have been accused of that before. Laughing And many regulars here in the forum can attest to it. Very Happy

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad I could make a few of you laugh!! Laughing And I will keep you posted. I wish I had a mold of my nose so I could make sure it was not getting bigger while taking these HA capsules!! Laughing

I have been going back and forth b/t two HA supplements. I live in Canada so the brand names will be different than in the US.

One brand is Organika and it contains 45mg of HA and 300mg of protein collagen complex. (Does not say source- is this the chicken bone thing you were talking about?)

The other brand is Albi. It is the Biocell II and has 50mg of HA per capsule. This one is quite a bit more expensive than the Organika and I guess it is b/c the Biocell II is supposed to be superior.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I can assure you that if my nose starts getting bigger, I will be finding another way to plump my lips! I like the plump lips and the way it keeps my lips from getting dry, but if I have to make a choice between plump lips and my nose not getting any bigger, I will definitely choose the latter.

Scuse me girls while I go measure my nose. Shock

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I have a little snub nose (my mom and dad used to laugh about it and call it “God’s afterthought” – like He finished creating my face but realized he’d forgotten to give me a nose so He rolled up a little ball of clay and stuck it on), so maybe if my schnozz gets a little bigger it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. However, I can safely report that my nose is still as snub as it ever was!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh, BTW, regarding nose scars fading and scaly feet becoming plumper...someone (a naysayer regarding the likelihood that HA and collagen capsules could actually plump lips) said that when taking any kind of supplement, your body is likely to put it to use where its needed most. So if we subscribe to that theory, I guess for Lily, her body decided it was her feet and previously broken nose that needed healing more than she needed fuller lips and for Judy, her body decided her lips needed to be hydrated so that’s where it went to work....

Who knows?? All I can say for sure is my lips are still full!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I am hoping that HA has the intelligence to realise that my boobs and lips need plumping up. Pray

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I am hoping that HA has the intelligence to realise that my boobs and lips need plumping up. Pray

PMSL!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

...I really must get some of this stuff! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking the HA capsules for a few months now. My lips have not been dry at all since taking them. Lips are much smoother in appearance. My ankle feels better when I take the HA. Happy camper here!! Thanks Carrie.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I have had some improvement with the dry feet also.

Before I started using the HA/Collagen supplements, my feet around the outer edges and heels stayed dry all the time and occasionally, the skin would actually start to peel up along the sides/bottom. It was sore enough that I'd have to try to snip the little pieces of skin that were lifting and put bandaids on some places on my feet to keep it from peeling further. I just realized that since I added those supplements to the ones I was already taking, I haven't had the problem of skin peeling up at all.

Not sure why my feet were so dry. I drink 2 quarts of water a day, eat healthy food, and take quality supplements. I also don't wear hose or heels every day (usually sandals here in Texas). I still have some dryness on the heels, but it is tons better.

Definitely, your body will asses where a supplement is most needed and make those decisions for you. Having said that, specific nutrients will still only work on certain specific body functions, but if a supplement might benefit several body functions, the body, in it's wisdom, prioritizes. If someone had plumper lips and you didn't, it doesn't necessarily mean that supplement won't work for you. It may mean that something else was higher priority and it is taking care of that first.

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I read the above with great interest - anyone else tried it with good results? Willing to give it a try if I hear that the population of Angelina Jolie lookalikes has risen substantially! Very Happy
brooklynmom
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've given in: I ordered my HA today from vitacost.com. Honestly, it was the foot thing that got me.

I'd like to have sexy lips, but finally fixing my scratchedy ol' feet? Now I'm sold.

Just curious, but has anyone noticed any improvement in dry hands as well?

I can't wait to find out where my body decides to use my new HA supplements!
freedom37
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
You lot are a hoot - this is the funniest topic I have read on the forum. Very Happy
Can I just ask - are there any side effects to taking the HA/collagen supplements? Actually, reading the above comments on noses and feet, maybe I should re-phrase that... emmmmm..... can it be bad for you in any way? Confused
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I finally found a Health Food store here that stocks HA and bought the one you're using Lily - Organika. Just been taking it for a couple of days and can report that it's done wonders for the arthritis in my thumbs Very Happy
Since I'm using a three products on my lips (Swellips, City Lips and HA) its hard to say which of these products is responsible, but my lips are sure looking pretty good too Laughing

Lily how many of the Organika are you taking every day? I'm just taking one atm.

Anya
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anya.

I take 3 capsules a day. Wow! I'm impressed that you are noticing a difference with your arthritis already and on just one capsule a day! That's great! Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey Anya -

So you’re still using the Swellips? How often do you (remember to) apply it? How long are you massaging it in for? I’ve gotten lazy (or complacent!) and half the time I don’t remember to use my Swellips anymore....
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I buy Swellips? I've only seen it on Ebay.

Thanks,
Tif
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lily I'm amazed too! The cold weather really plays havoc with my thumbs, but yeah, they've been painfree all week Shock I might start taking two a day, but I'm not brave enough to go with 3 Very Happy

Carrie that Swellips goes a long way! I still only apply it at night and massage for about 5 mins (I have to reapply a couple of times in that period otherwise it gets kinda sticky Wink

Tiffy you can only get it on eBay as far as I know. But the lady that makes/sells it, gives good service.

Anya
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
You know, now that you mention it, my scratchedy ole feet are in better shape now, too. I didn’t notice before because I normally pretty much ignore my feet during the winter time, letting them get in pretty bad shape. I mean, who’s going to know? It’s winter time, I’m wearing closed-toed shoes or boots most of the time! Usually, come summer, I start an intensive campaign to get my feet back into sandal-wearing shape, but this winter I’ve been using my foot file (Mabsy’s right – it’s much better than a plain ole pumice stone!!) more or less on a regular basis so I figured that was the reason that my feet were in better shape this year. But I think it’s probably a combination of both the foot-filing and taking the HA capsules because, in addition to not being “scaly,” my feet haven’t been as dry this season – meaning I don’t feel compelled to slather on a layer of lotion or cream every couple hours because my feet feel like they’re going to crack and split open! I don’t think I’d have ever put 2 + 2 together and made the connection had Lily not pointed it out to me. So I have plump lips AND soft feet – who could ask for more??? Very Happy

Carrie

P.S. Yes, Swellips is only available on Ebay. It’s solely the recipe/invention of this lady who lives in Austin. But, as Anya said, she gives really good service – she even has a positive rating if you look at her buyer reviews/feedback so you can feel pretty safe ordering from her.

Speaking of Ebay, someone told me that they bought a ‘sample’ of hyaluronic acid capsules from someone on Ebay who was marketing them as a lip plumper! So who’s the person that hijacked my idea and decided to turn it into a profit???? I don’t mind someone “legit” like Judy following up and possibly marketing it, but this is just too much! I KNEW I should have tried to patent it or something....
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
What do you think of the ingredients in this suppliment?

http://www.health-logics.com/dbcombo.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |