Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I got some vitamin k from solgar.co.uk, but I am sure you can get it in the shops too.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Brilliant! Thanks for introducing me to that site Lee Very Happy

This is completely irrelevant to the discussion, but I have just found out from that site that soya adversely affects thyroxine. I take thyroxine every day as I have an underactive thyroid, and yep, you guessed it, I recently decided to cut out dairy and I switched to soya. Guess I need to rethink that Confused Its scary to think that something you think is doing you good can actually have the reverse affect Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I wanted to join the ranks of those who've been using the supplements with the Biocell II stuff. I had planned to go to GNC to buy the DermBeauty brand that Winnie found for us (the problem with ordering online is that I want what I want when I want it, and don't have patience to wait for an order to arrive in the mail!), but I found something that seemed nearly the same as far as ingredients and it was much cheaper.

Here's the skinny:

Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - Hyaluronic Acid supplements for $11.49USD at Whole Foods for 30 capsules, ingredients (per capsule):
• Protein 1 g
• Calcium 140mg
• Biocell Collagen II yielding:
» Type II collagen 600 mg
» Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
» Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg

Will let you know if my plump lips get any plumper now that I'm using the 'good' stuff!
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the same ones, caretake! Stil waiting for them to come. Too lazy to bundle up my babies to go look for them in the store!
dancerchick

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, i've been reading all your posts and couldn't help myself so I just got my first bottle of Purity's Ultimate H.A. Formula ($39.99 @ GNC), it has: 1500mg Biocell Collagen II, 1050 mg of Hydrolyzed Collagen type II, 300mg Chrondrotin Sulfate, 150mg HA, 85mg Magnessium, 120mg Calcium...you get this much daily if you take 3 capsules a day so go figure... I took two and this sounds really weird, but I felt a small reaction in my heart and in my eyes. I looked up more info on it and it plays an integral rols in maintaining heart and eye function!! Crazy! I think my body will utilize it elsewhere before I start to see the benefits in my lips and skin - this really was God sent because I think I really was lacking this in my body big time. My eyes and skin have been dry, my knees hurt from dancing ballet for so many years, my heart seemed to have stress on it... and HA is supposed to help all of it. I'll keep you all posted on my results for sure. It says on the bottle to take a double dosage at first to replenish any big deficiency, then to take it normally to maintain. So i'm going to load up it and see what happens! I'm really excited about this - thank you all so much for chatting about it!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried Gale Hayman's lip lift or Gatineau's beautifying lipcare? They are both lovely products said to plumplips, but Im not sure Ive noticed any plumping, mind i'd hate to wake up one day with a trout pout Laughing Laughing
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Rzecka, glad you found the site useful, its amazing how much you can learn from the internet! Trouble with me is my intention is often to search for one thing and I end up being online for hours as one thing leads to another. The soya thing is interesting though, I know many people take thyroxine (I work in a doctors surgery) and wonder is they know this.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Well I've been getting regular checkups and not ONCE did my consultant ever mention anything about soya. It makes me so angry Mad . I had my last check up last year and now nothing. Don't feel a huge amount better either. Wish I could afford to go private Sad Thanks again for the link Lee.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I got my Source Naturals HA and am on my second day of supplementation. This evening I feel a little nauseous. I guess it could be anything, but.....did anyone else feel a little sick after taking theirs? Thanks. Lisa
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
You picked a winning question with this one carekate, have you seen how many views its had. Wow Shock

Are you still using the HA Capsules. Do you have that Liz Hurley pout Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Someone here mentioned Health Logics Derma Beauty HA supplements. How much HA and Collagen per tablet? I just purchased the Spring Valley Glucosamine tablets again that contain per tablet HA 40 mg and Collagen Type II 500 mg. Does the Health Logics Derma Beauty HA have higher amounts? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines -

See this link for info on the Health Logics DermBeauty HA supplements: http://www.health-logics.com/product_ingredients/dbing2.htm I think one of the biggest differences is that the DermBeauty stuff has the all important Biocell II collagen in it, plus it has more HA per serving than the Spring Valley stuff from Walmart. Anyway, be sure to let us know how it works for you! I still want to buy the DermBeauty version, but after my shocking spending spree at Sephora and Luxe Boutique (4 Decleor products, 1 Jurlique product, 2 Jane Iredale products, 1 Phytologie PhytoCitrus shampoo with special bonuses kit, Pureology shampoo/conditioner recommended by Casper’s Mum, 1 Smashbox BrowTech kit, 2 Essie nail polishes, etc.), I could only afford the $11.50USD ‘Source Naturals’ Biocell II stuff from Whole Foods rather than the $40 DermBeauty stuff from GNC (as I said in my 02/03/05 post, I rarely have patience to order stuff online and wait for it to arrive!).

Cindi - yes, I’m still taking my HA capsules...I prefer to think my lips look more like Angelina Jolie’s, rather than Liz Hurley, but maybe that’s because I had a pretty terrific pout to start with, even before I began experimenting with all these lip plumpers!! Wink Speaking of lip products, I’ve got two new lip balms I need to review for everybody....
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

I hesitated to post this, but I feel responsible ...... I think I ODed on HA, I have been taking HA for 2 months, and down to 3 pills a day (BIOCELL II). I never thought it's the HA since the syptoms are minor and not that obvious in the begining. During the last 2 weeks, it got worse and did a search on the internet, I got all symtoms from HA OD, so I stopped, it's been 3 days now and they are going away. Don't really want to scare anyone here since my mom and my friends have no problem with it, I wonder if I have too much collagen in me to begin with ?!?!?

Here are my symtoms (they seem so unrelated to HA, but they are FOR ME)

-swollen tonsil and throat (thought I had strep throat but the doc said no)
-itchy skin, esp. along the jawline and around the mouth (thought it was dryness at first but when I get tiny blisters....I wonder)
-EXTREMELY swollen lips with itch and tiny blisters(that's when I started to question the HA)
-very congested and bloated
-all my lymph nodes hurt even without pressing,all swollen, feel like they are all gonna explode

Having said all these, I don't think I am gonna cut the HA out, since I REALLY love the result, esp. around my eyes. Just need to take much much much less of it after I let my system flushes out all the excess HA.

Since I am watching the subsiding of HA, I can tell, in my case, it takes 3 days.

Hope it helps you all, figures it's good to know....

D Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Well, I guess too much of a good thing can become bad thing.....but I have to say, after around four days of diligently taking my HA supplements, I DO notice a difference. I am very happily surprised. With due respect to all who have posted, I really didn't expect to see any difference. However, aside from one night of queasiness, my results have been positive.....defintely less dryness and what seems to be more fullness in my skin(and lips!).This stuff is a keeper. I'm going to reorder for sure. Might try the liquid this time tho. I always wonder about the true absorbtion of pills.............thanks, guys! I'll stay tuned for thenext beauty breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
july
5% products discount

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Guys, do you notice any improvement on your lines and wrinkles as well?
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link CareKate!

By looking at the ingredients, it looks like 1 tablet contains:

50 mg of HA

It is not very clear as to how much of the BioCell Collagen II is in 1 tablet as it states this ingredient as a "blend":

Bio-Optimized™ Proprietary Blend 1,160mg - BioCell Collagen II ™ (Patented Collagen Type II, Hyaluronic Acid, Chondroitin Sulfate), Citrus Bioflavonoids (fruit), Rosemary Antioxidant Extract, Peppermint Oil Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized for antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate and Polyphenols), L-Luecine, Grape Seed Extract (standardized for antioxidant Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE Bitartrate.

Anyone know?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - Hyaluronic Acid supplements for $11.

Carrie....

I also loved the Source Naturals. The only reason that I liked Collagen Type II by Vitamin Research Labs better is that the Source Naturals is a tablet and the Collagen Type II is a capsule. The capsule seemed just a bit easier to swallow.

I haven't really compared them really well as to price. You know, you have to get it down to what you pay for a daily intake to really know. Some products might be cheaper by bottle price, but if you have to take more of them to get the same result, you sometimes are paying more.

I've been out of town, maybe I'll have time to do that comparison someday. I would say though from my experience, you can't go wrong with either the Source Naturals or the Collagen Type II, both with Biocell II as an ingredient.

JUDY

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am so suprised! I blindly tried it and it really works! My lips are totally plumper and i've only taken it for 5 days so far. I also recently ordered Luscious Lips lip pump and am excited to see the results of the two together... I was about to get my lips augmented but forget it now Very Happy

BTW, I am taking Purity's Ultimate H.A. Formula with Biocell Collegen II in it. Two a day though it says to take three.

I actually feel like they're swollen. I wasn't even looking but then I started just feeling it in my lips and I looked in the mirror and saw the different all of a sudden. Crazy! I'm so happy Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG.....you know, I'm usually the ultimate cynic when it comes to quick fixes of any sort. I've always believed that it takes TIME for things to work. But, when I read all the posts about the hyaluronic acid supplements plumping lips, I figured what the heck.

I have always had full lips and that hasn't changed much at all. But - now don't you all laugh cause I'm already blushing !!! - my bf (and me TOO) like the way my lips look after we've ummmmm ahem blush blush... Ack you know what I mean!! Soooo when I did my weekly food shopping at Whole Foods, I picked up a bottle.

I am in a state of total shock!!! This is just fantastic. Howwwww can this possibly have such an effect after just two doses???? I am just loving this and slapping myself for being such a cynic. God - it seems too good to be true. I hope it lasts!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Right, that does it. I think I must be the only one left who hasn't tried this. I had a look in Tesco but can't find any supplements that contain HA. Gonna bite the bullet and order online. (Finally Rolling Eyes )

ps . Great post katee! Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Tesco do say every little helps rzecka, get onto their Customer services and tell them you/we all want to be able to buy HA off the shelf. Laughing let me know if you find it.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing I'll give it a shot Cindi!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I am in a state of total shock!!! This is just fantastic. Howwwww can this possibly have such an effect after just two doses???? I am just loving this and slapping myself for being such a cynic. God - it seems too good to be true. I hope it lasts!

katee....

It will last.... as long as you keep taking the supplements. Most of us have found that if we stop the HA supplements, the lips are back to the way they were within 1-3 days. Sorry about that part.

I did some research and learned that HA is not extremely stable and so it's affect seems to diminish rapidly. Sad

JUDY

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok here`s the lady again with the grwoing nose when on HA suplements, i thought it is time for an update. It`s so weird that i`m only the one wiht this side-effect, why does my nose need the HA? Well anyway i`m 100% sure now that is it the HA that makes my nose grow, ive tried it several times and stopped after a few days, cause my nose would start to grow and i don`t want it to be any bigger, would even prefer anything that would make it smaller, any pills for that ladies Laughing ? Still not sure how and if to proceed, i use the ones from NOW. May be it`s just those? My lips grew as well, but about the same as my nose does, anyone can think of a solution?

TIA, Nelly (normal nosed again, that side effect goes away as well *phew*)
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nelly!

I think I am going to try another HA supplement. Although I have had no side effects with my nose getting larger, I am having side effects and have been having gas problems. I have been using the Spring Valley Glucosomine/Chondrotoin supplements w/ Collagen/HA. I am going to go to GNC and try to get the Dermabeauty supplements.

After having this particular side effect, I decided to do some internet research and found the following with regard to Glucosomine:

"Safety Considerations
No study so far has found any serious side effects from either glucosamine or chondroitin. The most common side effects are increased intestinal gas and softened stools. However, animal research has raised the possibility that glucosamine may worsen insulin resistance, a major cause of diabetes. So far, studies in humans have not substantiated that risk. Nevertheless, people with diabetes should monitor their blood-sugar level particularly carefully when using that supplement. There have been no reports of allergic reactions to glucosamine. But since it's made from shellfish shells, people who are allergic to seafood should use it cautiously, watching for reactions, or avoid it entirely. As for chondroitin, it can cause bleeding in people who have a bleeding disorder or take a blood-thinning drug."

referenced from site:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/glucosamine.html

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |