Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Winnie - that's great.....and as an aside, - while the lighting from pic 1 to 2 differs, you can also see what I think is a pretty dramatic difference in the your skin as well..in pic 2 (the "after") your skin appears much clearer and so much more transluscent...these are great pics - thanks for posting them!
Very Happy Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Wow, Winnie - that's great.....and as an aside, - while the lighting from pic 1 to 2 differs, you can also see what I think is a pretty dramatic difference in the your skin as well..in pic 2 (the "after") your skin appears much clearer and so much more transluscent...these are great pics - thanks for posting them!
Very Happy Pudoodles

The first picture was a pic taken of me before I ever joined the forum. There has been a hugh difference since I started taking care of myself. Dancing Dancing Dancing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
The skin is SO much more vibrant and translucent in pic 2 - it looks like you had a series of laser treatments. I'm astounded. I'd be "finger dancing" too, if I were you! Laughing
Pudoodles
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update everyone..........when i received my parcel of Hyaluronic Acid tablets......i was very pessimistic...as i usually am.........i took the tablets - on and off for 3 days..........and thought to myself.........'that's what i thought - just another flash in the pan' -but then when i started taking 2 tablets of 50 mg from Monday 14th February (still being a non-believer).........i woke up this morning.......with gorgeous full lips.....believing that - if they work - they only worked on the bottom lip...........i have also noticed really soft hands........my hands (have always been rough to the touch)..............and Winnie..........i love the photo............what a transformation! Rolling Eyes Confused Confused regards Karina
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,

beautiful lips! Smile

How long have you been taking those magic pills? Whats in them?

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Lianne, rzecka, please can I order some of those pills.......
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, let me see.... Think
NO!!!!!
Not this month anyway m'dear Shame on you
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
You are turning into such a meanie Mad Bad Grin
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Winnie! Awesome lips!

Even though the second picture was more of a close-up, you can easily see the difference by concentrating on the lip-line and the corners of the lips. As we age, that outside line of the lips loses so much plumpness and if you were like me, you didn't even know that it was looking so much thinner until you plumped it back up and could see the difference! Shock

I had a consulation several years ago with a Doctor that was doing Nufill injections. I was mostly interested in the lines in the skin above my lip and hadn't even really been concerned with my lips since I was seeing myself everyday and it had happened gradually. He saw it immediately because he was used to looking for those signs and after he did the injection, everyone commented on how much more beautiful my lips were.

Then again, I wasn't prepared for how much better my lips would look when I began using the HA/Collagen supplements.

Often, it's only after when you really realize how age had creeped in on you! So, we have to be ever vigilent, fighting the age battle! Laughing

As you can see, I refuse to slip quietly into old age; I'll go kicking and screaming and moisturizing and lifting... well, you get the picture. Wink

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is "WOW" Winnie, what a difference!!! Lovely, lovely lips !
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I Want to see Think PLEASE!!!! Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Check back on page 9 for a glimpse of Winnie's smackers.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Where the heck is Carrie? I would have never tried this product if it wasn't for her. Carrie is the lip lady ot this forum . Miss you Carrie. Crying or Very sad
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
WOW Winnie, what a change - those are the lips of a 20 year old Drool

Anya
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie! You look fabulous!!! That is truly a major difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, your lips look fabulous but, as I have said before, EVERYTHING seems to work for you. My lips aren't plumper and just as dry as always. Maybe I should switch to the same pills your taking. The ones I'm taking did nothing for my lips or my arthritic hand so no reason to stick with it. Where do you get yours?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been taking TriMedica Flexation with MSN and BioCell Collagen II 3 caps. at dinner time. 1 capsule equals 250 mgs BioCell Collagen II, 50 mgs Hyloronic Acid, 250 Mgs. MSN. I got mine from Amazon.com. Suggested usage is 1-4 capsules daily. I think my lips are much plumper because before they were dehydrated. Not claiming the capsules enlarged my lips as I always had full lip (they just got smaller with age). I known the capsules made a difference because even when I was taking less mgs. I saw the plumbing. I also think that using the Sothy's Lip Enhance two times a day has helped smooth out my lip. I just order the Jurlique Lip Cream as it get wonderful reviews.

I know nothing about Vitamins. This capsules just seemed to hydrate and plump my lips. I will leave more of the explaining to Judy as she knows so much more on this subject then I do.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Glad you are back Carrie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
Winnie, your lips look fabulous but, as I have said before, EVERYTHING seems to work for you. My lips aren't plumper and just as dry as always. Maybe I should switch to the same pills your taking. The ones I'm taking did nothing for my lips or my arthritic hand so no reason to stick with it. Where do you get yours?

ELLEN....

The levels of and ratio to one another of the collagen, glucosamine and HA make a big difference. I have tried different bottles and one that had more "chicken cartilage", but less HA didn't work at all. The one that Winnie is using is closer to the ones that I have found that have worked.

My favorite two are Collagen Type II by VitaminResearchLabs and Hyaluronic Acid by Source Naturals. Collagen Type II is a capsule and the Source Naturals one is a tablet, slightly large. Both have worked great, but I prefer the capsule.

I found both at health food stores. The ingredient Biocell II has been a must for me in getting one that works.

It's easy to confuse the product title, Collagen Type II with the ingredient Biocell II. Both the products I liked had the ingredient Biocell II

Hope that's at least as clear as mud. If it isn't call me. It's been too long since we talked anyway!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie and Judy! I will definitely switch. Even if it moisturizes feet, hands, scalp, lips, I could use those results practically anywhere. Thanks so much for the info. Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi my name is cait, i'm new here. i've been reading this board for about 2 months but i just started posting. i was initially sucked over here from the lipaugmentation.com message board that i have been reading [but i've never had any surgery].

i have the tiniest lips and was so excited when i saw carekate's post about these vitamins! i promptly ordered the brand that everyone was raving about, source naturals. i got it very cheap from the following website: http://vitanetonline.com/description/SN1625/vitamins/Hyaluronic-Acid-50-mg-from-BioCell-Collagen-II/

i took 3 in the morning and 3 at night until the bottle ran out. nothing happened! well, nothing happened to my lips. the only side effects i noticed was very yellow pee that smelled kind of like metal. and i also had some spotting [from my period] which i've never had before..however that may have been from something else. does anyone have any advice? i was so excited when i read about everyones' results..and so dissapointed when it didn't work for me. perhaps i already have enough hyaluronic acid in my body and it's not accepting anymore. well if anyone has an idea of something else [like a topical lip plumper that actually works], let me know. thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Cait -

I’m sorry the HA capsules didn’t work for you. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you weren’t using a high enough dosage, but you said you were taking Source Naturals three times per day so I don’t think that could be the reason as that sounds like more than enough to get the job done.

Just as a future FYI to anyone else who might stumble across this topic and want to give the hyaluronic acid capsules a try: the absolute minimum dosage you should take if you expect to see results is *at least* 50 mgs of HA per day.

As for topical lip plumpers that work...if you’re willing to take another chance on a recommendation from me, I would suggest giving LipFusion a try. This is the latest and greatest lip plumper on the market. It’s only available in the U.S. through Sephora. It’s pretty expensive at $36USD per tube, but it is the only topical lip plumper that I’ve tried (and I’ve tried nearly all of them!!) that gives immediate, noticeable results.

There are a couple of threads were we’ve discussed LipFusion in further detail...click here if you want to read my post regarding my initial impressions of LipFusion: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4908 and this is the other recent thread were a couple of others have posted their results using it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4909&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

HTH,
Carrie
cait2k3
5% products discount

Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
thanks a lot carekate. i'm off to ebay to see if i can get a deal on lipfusion. does the stuff sting? or, like other plumpers, if it gets outside your lips does it make it all red and irritated? thanks in advance. by the way, what does HTH mean? i know..im new!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
No, LipFusion does NOT sting! Here's the blurb from Sephora:

The next generation of lip plumpers has arrived. LipFusion is a clear treatment gloss infused with revolutionary technology to plump lips instantly – no kidding.

How it works: Tiny, dehydrated, marine collagen micro spheres are instantly absorbed by the lips, and seek out the body’s natural moisture. As soon as the spheres become re-hydrated, they plump and hold onto the moisture they’ve collected, creating a mild “swelling” of the lip tissue. The result is fuller, smoother, perfectly plumped lips in seconds. Results can last for up to 48 hours.

To use: Apply morning and evening or as needed to moisturize and plump the lips throughout the day. Can also be applied over or under lip color.

HTH = hope this helps.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
http://www.spectacularskin.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.cgi?read=7191

I hope that you can get to this - it's about adverse side effects from HA supplements. I'm putting my bottle aside & doing some more research just in case! Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |