Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ajax!

I also had the same problem with gas when taking a particular HA supplement, I mean really bad, my husband wondered what the heck was wrong with me.

I found out that HA supplements that have Glucosamine (such as Spring Valley) have the side effect of gas. I am now taking Purity's H.A./Collagen Supplement and have had no side effects. In fact, I just finished up a bottle and have been 2 days without my HA capsules, oh no my lips are deflating! he he he.

Is everyone still taking their HA supplements?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to purchase "Swellips" from ebay since I read some rave reviews on this lip plumper, and I couldn't find it. I typed in "Swellips" in the search engine, and no luck. Anybody? Did the name change from "Swellips" to something else maybe?

Rita
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I bought some yesterday. Smile

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZswelllips

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Is everyone still taking their HA supplements?
Yep...I figure since I'm a smoker, watch color TV, talk on a cell phone and cook with a microwave and drink diet soda, what's one more possible carcinogen in the grand scheme of things??? Laughing
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am new here. I have been taking the Spring Valley Glucosamine & Collagen with Chrondroitin and Hyaluronic Acid pills for about a week.

Each pill contains:

Glucosamine Hydrochloride 500 mg
Collagen Type II 500 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 100 mg
Hyaluronic Acid 40 mg

It says you are supposed to take one pill three times a day. I have not seen any results in my lips. I am only taking the pills because I want full lips. I am taking too much or not enough?

Is there another brand that has definite results when it comes to plumping lips. The very first post on this topic recommended "Health Logic Derma Beauty HA Capsules, 60-count" for quick full lips.

Which pill is better? I want one that I can buy at like Wal-Mart, Walgreens or a health food store. I don’t really want to order online. I also want one that has not any side effects. In order to have results do the pills need to have collagen in them?

I am getting ready to be 20 so for the most part my skin is okay. I did have a broken foot a couple of years ago and that still gives me pains in my feet. Would these pills help that as well?

I just want full lips! Please help asap! Sorry for all of the questions!

Thanks!

PS- Is everyone’s lips still full? Will this make me gain weight?
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thatgirl!

Spring Valley are the supplements I was taking in January - February. 3 times a day is correct and those supplements definitely made my lips plumper, but I stopped taking them because I was getting too much gas from them. I am now taking Purity's H.A. supplements. They seem to be working, but I ran out and must purchase more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
All right, ThatGirl – here’s the lowdown once again on the HA/collagen supplements:

As many of us have found, the Spring Valley supplement from Walmart is not as effective as the HA/collagen supplements containing “Biocell II” collagen...this type of collagen is the one that all of us have found gives the most uniform results for those who’ve actually seen plumper lips as a result of taking these supplements.

The "Health Logic Derma Beauty HA Capsules, 60-count" brand you mentioned (supposed to be available at GNC stores nationwide) contains the magic “Biocell Collagen II” ingredient, but pretty expensive at nearly $40USD per bottle. Personally, I’ve been using the following supplement:

“Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - Hyaluronic Acid” supplements for $11.49USD for 30 capsules, ingredients (per capsule):
• Protein 1 g
• Calcium 140mg
• Biocell Collagen II yielding:
» Type II collagen 600 mg
» Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
» Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg

This supplement is available nationwide at Whole Foods (health food) stores – look in the Vitamins/Nutritional Supplements - Arthritis/Joint Health aisle...but don’t the sales assistant you’re wanting to buy it to plump your lips because they’ll probably think you’ve lost your mind!!

Try taking two of Source Naturals caplets per day to “kick-start” your lips then after 2-3 days, you can cut back to one tablet per day to maintain your lip plumpness. If this doesn’t work for you, then you might simply be one of the few ladies whose lips simply do not respond to these supplements. Crying or Very sad In which case, I would suggest trying the new LipFusion lip plumper from Sephora....

FYI - it’s actually the Spring Valley supplement that you’re currently taking that give MystyPines and Ajax the gassy stomach (it’s the Chondroitin Sulfate that triggers the gas), so if you’re not belching or pooting yet, you’ll probably be okay.

And finally, no – these supplements won’t make you gain weight or become “puffy” (i.e.: your body isn’t going to plump up, just your lips!).
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still taking the Source Naturals Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Acid supplements....

I started out taking 2 in the am and 2 in the pm. I've cut down to 2 at night and my lips are still looking VERY kissable Wink
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I take the Source Naturals also. Everything is good here. I broke my ankle about 7 years ago and on cold, damp days it aches....but not since I started taking these and we've had plenty of cold, dmap days the past 2 weeks.

Lori
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again for all of your help. I called a couple of places today and found the Source Natural pills. I have another question though. They also have it in a serum, that you apply to the skin (lips Very Happy ). Which one would be better?

Also they said you take two pills twice a day. Would I have to take 4 a day to see results? I would go through them pretty quickly if I did!

I think I might quit taking the Spring Valley ones and try one of these instead!

Thanks again!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
thatgirl
I have another question though. They also have it in a serum, that you apply to the skin (lips ). Which one would be better?

I don't think the serum has the same effect. When I first started on the source natural pills, I took 2 in the am and 2 in the pm, and then, as per their instructions, cut back to 2 in the pm, and have maintained the effect. I had stated earlier in the thread that I was amazed by the results and I still am. The supplement has other beneficial effects as well. I think you'll find that its worth the money. Good luck!!!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but for those of us in the UK, the Source Natural Tablets are sold here http://biovea.net/product_detail.asp?PID=398 and here http://www.auravita.com/products/AURA/EAFO10520.asp?RefId=200

Although it's TREBLE Shock what it costs over the pond in Walmart Mad Mad Mad Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:29 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
I have another question though. They also have it in a serum, that you apply to the skin (lips Very Happy ). Which one would be better?

Also they said you take two pills twice a day. Would I have to take 4 a day to see results? I would go through them pretty quickly if I did!
Before I discovered the HA/collagen pills, I tried using an HA serum on my lips and it didn't do anything but make them extremely dry, so don't even waste your money on a serum if your only goal is to plump your lips (although HA serums have other benefits for your face). Get the Source Natural HA/collagen pills, and like I said, just take two pills per day (morning & evening) for the first couple days, then you can cut back to one pill per day. You have to remember that the instructions on the label are for joint health/arthritis issues, and not for plumping lips!!!
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Thank you again for all of your help! I went today and bought a bottle of the Source Naturals H/A pills that everyone said to buy.
How long before I could see results in my lips? Should I apply more lip balm so they won't be dry, peeling etc? Has anybody else seen changes in their skin? If so, what are they?

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
How long before I could see results in my lips?
Provided you’re taking the dosage I recommended (one caplet twice daily), if the supplements are going to work for you at all (out of everyone who’s tried, I think it’s only 3-4 that didn’t get see any lip plumping), you should see results within 1-2 days.

thatgirl wrote:
Should I apply more lip balm so they won't be dry, peeling etc?
Actually, taking these supplements are going to increase the hydration in your lips naturally, so if you’ve had problems with dry/flaky lips, the problem should be relieved almost immediately. This isn’t to say that you still don’t need to apply lip balm from time to time, it just means that if you’ve had problematic lips that are constantly dry and peeling, this supplements are going to help tremendously with resolving the problem from the inside-out.

thatgirl wrote:
Has anybody else seen changes in their skin? If so, what are they?
I think you’re probably too young to have this problem yet, but some ladies reported that the fine lines/wrinkles in their under-eye area have plumped up. Others (including myself) have found that their dry, flaky, nasty, calloused, scratchedy old feet have become markedly smoother. Basically, it’s like these HA/collagen supplements are ‘intelligent’ enough to identify the areas in your body that need more moisture or plumping, so that’s where they go to work first....

Remember, so long as you’re taking the proper dosage and remember to take the pill/s regularly, by Monday you should see fuller, smoother lips unless you’re one of the few that this miracle doesn’t work for....

Good luck!
Carrie
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have been taking 4 pills since Thursday. There have been NO results at all. Mad So far I have spent $25.00 for nothing. Sad When do I cut down to one pill a day?

My mom has been taking the Spring Valley pills 3 times a day for the past two weeks and hasn't had any results either.

thatgirl
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

After I started taking just one pill a day I can see a slight change in my top lip. Is one pill a enough or should I take two a day?

Also what is better LipFusion or Hollywood RX, the one that Paris Hilton is in the ads for?

I know that it says the LipFusion gives you results for 48 hours- is that true? Once you take off your lip color, if you have the LipFushion on top, is the fullness gone too?

I will going to Sephora soon, I don't live near one, I wanted to know what to get.

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
ThatGirl -

Take *two* of the Source Naturals HA caplets for 2-3 days and see what happens (take one pill in AM and one in PM), then cut back to 1 caplet per day. As I explained in previous posts, this will “jump-start” your results.

None of us have tried the Paris Hilton plumper, but I had a look at the ingredients in it and there was nothing there that made me jump up and say “I’ve got to try that!!” It has the same ingredients as all of the other plumpers that don’t work, so I’m probably not going to bother wasting my money on it.

Try the LipFusion. If you don’t like it or it doesn’t work, you can return it for a full refund. Since you don’t have a Sephora location near you, you might want to think about ordering fromwww.sephora.com instead, that way if you need to return the LipFusion, you can simply mail it back to them rather than having to make a special trip back to the Sephora store.

Be advised: You apply the LipFusion BEFORE you put on any lip color. IT MUST BE USED ON BARE LIPS!!!! If you apply LipFusion over your lipstick/gloss, then you’re just wasting the product because it cannot penetrate thru the waxes of the lipstick in order for the micro-collagen molecules to get inside your lip tissue and do their magic. If you want to know more about LipFusion, and see some pretty amazing before & after photos, visit their official website atwww.lipfusion.com.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Thanks again for the help!!!!

From last Thursday to this past Monday I took 4 pills a day in order to "jump start" the process. On Tuesday I started taking one day. When I changed the number I was taking, from 4 to 1, is when I saw some results on my top lip. My question is, now a week later should I be taking one or two a day?

Also, thank you for the info on the LipFusion. Everyday I wear MAC lip liner, lipstick and lipglass. I don't see how or when I could use the LipFusion. If you have to put that one on bare lips, I don't think I would be able to line and fill my lips with it on underneath. What do you think?

The closest Sephora to me is 4 hours away. I was going to be in the area in a couple of weeks and I was planning ahead on what I wanted to buy/look at when I am there. Has anyone here used LipFusion and had good results?

One more thing, has anyone tired NARS Orgasm lip gloss? What do you think of it?

Thanks again! Sorry for all of the questions!

thatgirl
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
ThatGirl -

I'm guessing that maybe the reason that you didn't start seeing results until a few days later was because when you first started taking the pills, your body was putting the HA/collagen to work in other parts of your body that needed it first (i.e.: if you were lacking in moisture on the bottom of your feet, your body would've sent the HA/collagen to work down there first to fix that problem because it was more "urgent"), then after that place was healed, your body decided there was enough HA/collagen in your system to start putting it to work plumping your lips. Several of us have found this to be the case (i.e.: your body is smart enough to know which place in your system needs the supplement the most).

Many EDS members have tried both LipFusion and the Orgasm lip gloss, click here to read the product reviews for both:
• LipFusion: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4909&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=orgasm+lip+gloss
• Orgasm lip gloss: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4957&highlight=orgasm+lip+gloss
These threads also contain my recommendations on how to apply LipFusion and the Orgasm gloss under/over your regular lipliner/lipstick products, so be sure to read both topics thoroughly to get answers to all of your questions!

thanks,
Carrie
ksmith5
5% products discount

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great suggestions carekate! I may get the lips I want yet. I started taking the Source Naturals HA capsules last night. I am excited to see if they will work for me. Very Happy
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I read all of the posts about LipFusion, but I still have one question. I used MAC spice lip liner everyday. I line my lips and fill them in. Lip stains don't work for me. I can go like 10 hours with my Spice liner and still look fresh. I think I would die without it! Embarassed I'm not a big fan of reverse liners- at least not with the ones I have used!

When or how do I use the LipFusion?

What would happen if I put LipFusion on first thing in the morning and like two hours later lined and filled in my lips with liner? Would that work?

You mentioned how the gloss stays on FOREVER, do you ever put any on top as well? (the last thing you put on, your top layer.)

Between my MAC spice liner, MAC hug me lipstick and viva glam lipglass- I have never had a more perfect lip color combo. Very Happy I want to keep using it but I would like to add LipFusion as well!

Thanks!
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I quit taking the HA I was using, since it never began working for me (maybe that was a mistake...i'm not sure). I'm still using my lipfusion with very very minimal results and I am so frustrated. I think I'd like the lipfusion more if it had some color to it. The majority of my problem is that my lips are extremely pale.
I remember seeing the igia lip pump a couple years ago at the drug store and thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. Plus, at that point I wasn't obsessed with my lips (like I am now). So, I didn't purchase it. Now I want to try it and can't find it anywhere. I'm trying to avoid ordering online. Has anyone tried a lip pump? if so, what were the results and where did you buy it?
Also, I am still waiting for all you ladies to post some photos of your lips. Even without before pics, it would be interesting to see the various results.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie 11381 - The supplements didn't work for me either. Have you considered lip exercises? My plastic surgeon showed me one to do years ago, when models started showing up who had huge lips and I was envious. He said it can help. But my lips really aren't thin so I never followed through. Have you ever checked out "permanent make-up"??? I think it's a tatoo-like process (ouch).

Does Lipfusion plump your lips at all?
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have considered permanent lip color, but I've seen so many botched jobs online that I'm a bit wary of it. I think that would solve my problem. But I would still prefer not having to go that route, so hopefully I can find something else that works well enough.
(In a perfect world) I would definitely be getting veneers, if it weren't for the cost and the knowledge that I would have to keep getting them replaced for the rest of my life.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |