Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie11381, thanks for sharing your experience with that ucky plumper. I be sure not to purchase that Wink .

I gave in yesterday and bought Lipfusion again from Sephora's. I love the gloss...stays on for hours. I also received the Vital HA Max Formula soft gels from http://www.superior-coral.com/vital-ha-max.htm. When I opened the container, I was kind of surprised to see such brown colored, thick soft gels. I wondered if it would dissolve in my body cause it seemed so hard a capsule, not squishy like normal. I also had difficulty swallowing the first soft gel, so I tried cutting one in half...(messy, yellowish stuff inside). I must say it was difficult to cut this soft gel with a knife. As a test, I soaked another soft gel in water for about 2 minutes, it broke apart, melted easily... whew!! I wanted to make sure I'd get the HA benefits and not have this soft gel in my BM by morning (if you know what I mean Rolling Eyes ). Well, yesterday, I took the HA (6 caps for jumpstart)and I also applied the Lipfusion. This morning when I woke up, I was impressed!!! My lips, especially the bottom were quite plumped. Yippee! Very Happy The combo of Lipfusion and Vital HA Max worked. As the day progressed, my lips didn't look as full as they did upon waking up Sad , but I'll be diligent with the new HA caps I'm on and the Lipfusion and see if there will be noticeable improvements in lip-size and duration in the next couple weeks. I cut down the dosage today to 2 caps twice daily. I'll keep you all posted.

Has anyone else tried Vital HA Max from superior-coral.com with results?

Thanx,

Rita
ksmith5
5% products discount

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I am pretty new to this forum but am already addicted!

This question is for Rita...

Did you ever get a chance to try the Purity Ultimate H.A.? I was thinking about purchasing some, as the Source Naturals brand is helping my skin but I am not noticing any change in my lips. I wanted to get the scoop on the Purity brand before I purchased it since it is more expensive.

On a side note I did buy Lip Fusion and am loving it! I did notice that it plumps out the little lines and my lips do seem to be a little fuller.

Thanks!

-Kim
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kim,

I've been taking the Purity's Vital HA Max Formula for only a few days. I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. In the PM I take my second dose of HA and apply Lipfusion before bedtime...by morning, my lips are nice and plump. The only thing is that as the day goes on, my lips deflate somewhat. I probably should apply lipfusion more frequently (I've only applied 3 times daily). I used to take the Source Naturals brand, but I do get better results with the Purity brand as far as plumping goes (but so far only in the morning). I hope the results will last longer in the next few weeks. Hope this helps.

Rita
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Rita:

My lips too are their plumpest upon waking....but I did notice on the days I drink more water that they stay plumper longer. Just a thought.

Lori
ksmith5
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information Rita! I discovered that GNC carries the Purity H.A. I may pick this up to try it since I am almost out of my Source Naturals. After thinking about it, the Purity brand isn't any more expensive than Source Naturals, as I only got a 2 week supply for $20 dollars, (I bought 2 bottles @ 9.99 ea.) and the Purity is a one month supply for $39. So it will even out price-wise in the end.

Thanks again!

-Kim
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Kim -

FYI - I don’t know if this is a national deal or not, but I notice that on the radio here, they’ve been advertising that everything at the GNC stores in Austin is currently 20%-70% off so you might be able to get a good deal on that Purity stuff...I might stop by my GNC on the way home and check it out since my Whole Foods was sold out of Source Naturals the last two times I was there.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I've found some good deals on Source Naturals online. Even when I add in shipping charges it is cheaper than I can find it in stores around here. 30 for $6.21 and 60 for $11.18 and 120 for $22.21. Shipping being anywhere from $3-$5. There was one site that had free shipping on orders over $20.

I love online shopping. I can do it from work! Smile

Lori
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
I've found some good deals on Source Naturals online. Even when I add in shipping charges it is cheaper than I can find it in stores around here. 30 for $6.21 and 60 for $11.18 and 120 for $22.21. Shipping being anywhere from $3-$5. There was one site that had free shipping on orders over $20.

I love online shopping. I can do it from work! Smile

Lori
well, Geez, Lori - arentcha gonna share the link??
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my Source Naturals at vitacost.com 120 for $22.
Greate service and shipment was super fast.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the link for 60 tablets for $13.98 & FREE SHIPPING over $20.
www.iherb.com/hyaluronic1.html

Also,
www.doctorstrust.com

...has great prices and I have found they have good service and timely shipping.
Mexipina

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
In order to jumpstart my results, how many should I take? And do I take them all at once, or throughout the day? Thanks.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Of the Source Naturals, I took 2 at night before bed, and 2 in the morning. I did this for about 3 days (noticed results the first morning).

Then I cut back to 2 at night and 1 in the morning for about a week.

Then I cut down to 1 at night and 1 in the morning. I have been taking that amount for 3+ weeks, and have maintained the results.

Hope this helps,

Lori
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the hydroderm for 6 days now, and I'm actually really impressed. My lips stopped being dry from it after the first few days and the smell doesn't bother me as much anymore. My lips look great. The plumping is much more noticable than with lipfusion and they seem to stay plumped all the time. I don't apply it before bed, but they are still just as plump in the morning.

And about Igia, I never received the item I purchased despite the fact that the website states that it is being shipped. I emailed them, they took a week to respond. Then I had to send them more info. and finally I was given a number to call about it because they apparently sold me an item that was discontinued (even though it is still on the website to be purchased). They refunded my money, but I'm still mad about that.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Okay, you have convinced me to try the Hydroderm. I hate auto-shipping though so I will see if I can get it on E-bay.

Lori
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Okay, you have convinced me to try the Hydroderm. I hate auto-shipping though so I will see if I can get it on E-bay.

Lori

if you can't find it on ebay, they have it on skinstore.com
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am still taking the Source Naturals pills. I have a quick question. What would happen if I rubbed the “Source Naturals Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Serum” that contains Biocell on my lips? Would this help maker them fuller as well?

The item description says “SKIN ETERNAL™ HYALURONIC SERUM features hyaluronic acid (HA), one of the skin's most important moisture-retaining components. Unlike other HA cosmetics, SKIN ETERNAL HYALURONIC SERUM contains low molecular weight HA, which is more easily absorbed. Skin Eternal will leave your skin feeling soft and replenished.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Vitamin C-Ester (Ascorbyl Palmitate), Biocell Collagen II (10% Hyaluraonic Acid), Polyethelene Glycol, Coconut Fragrance, Jasmine Fragrance, Kiwi Fragrance, DMAE, alpha-Lipoic Acid, Simethicone Powder, Aloe Vera, Methylparaben, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Calcium Panthothenate, Coenzyme Q10, Chamomile Flower Extract 4:1, Biotin, and Vitamin D-3.

What benefits would I have if I used this on my face as well?

Thanks!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thatgirl, I don't know much about what you should and shouldn't put on your face, but I love HA as a facial moisturizer! I don't know whether or not the other ingredients would be good for your face though so I would wait for more knowledgeable advice.

For you ladies who are using Hydroderm, does it smell like anything? When do you apply it? This Swellips is so strong tasting and smelling and thick, too thick to work with I have to dilute it with another lip balm if I want to massage it in. It works though if can tolerate all that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Thatgirl -

I think I’ve already said this, but I tried applying an HA serum directly onto my lips (before I discovered the oral nutritional supplements), and it didn’t do anything but leave my lips feeling more dried out than usual, so personally – I wouldn’t recommend it.

It’s my understanding that hyaluronic acid applied topically to skin acts as a humectant, meaning it helps draw moisture out of the air and attract to the skin. To me, nothing about that concept says it’s going to do anything to plump your lips, but I suppose you could always try it for yourself and see what happens.

As far as using that HA serum all over your face – I’m not seeing anything in the list of ingredients that would be bad for your skin. My only suggestion would be to use care when applying any type of HA serum on the lips and around the eye-area because, in my experience when I used an HA serum, it left those areas feeling extremely dry, tight and uncomfortable, so you should probably apply a moisturizing lip balm to your lips and some type of moisturizing eye cream to that area, as well.

HTH,
Carrie
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a tube of Hydroderm lip plumper on eBay too. Rolling Eyes I hope it works, paid $20 plus shipping was $5.50 US. I'm using Swellips once or twice a day. I find it tastes so strong and I'm always eating or drinking something so the opportunity to apply and massage it in isn't there.

I have a question, I've heard that cinnamon in lip plumpers is not good for your skin. Beside the obvious irritating that swells the lips. Is it damaging in the long term? I've stopped taking the HA supplements, I would have to order them online and I'm so bad about being consistant with taking them. The dry skin on my feet prevails but my lips were plumper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Lolli -

I wonder if you’d do me a favor: before you begin using your Hydroderm, could you measure your lips (i.e.: put on a light layer of lipstick or gloss, then kiss a piece of paper and measure the imprint) so you know your starting point, and then after you start using the Hydroderm, take regular measurements after that to chart your progress? I’m really curious about the Hydroderm, but I’m wary about getting involved with that company after hearing all of the horror stories about the auto-ship nightmares so I only want to take a chance on them if the results are really remarkable....

Actually, truth be told, we should all be taking before and after lip imprint measurements when we start using a new lip plumping product so we can be 100% sure that the results we think we’re seeing are actually real and not just wishful thinking! I know I used to do the measurements in the beginning when I first discovered the HA/collagen supplements and then started using the CityLips, but then I got lazy....

Anyway, please keep us apprised of your results – I know I’m not the only one who’s going to be watching for your reports with interest!!

TIA,
Carrie
ksmith5
5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie(carekate)!

Before you order the Hydroderm (if you decide to try it) I noticed they carried at my local GNC store yesterday for 29.00 (which is cheaper than they sell it online).

Just thought you might like to know.

I placed an order for their "free trial" to just pay the shipping, but after reading all the negative posts of all the problems people had with them shipping things that were not authorized and charging for them, I called and cancelled my free trial order. I didn't have any problems getting it cancelled, but I am sure gonna keep an eye on my account to make sure nothing weird pops up.

Have a great weekend!

-Kim
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Sure, Carrie. I just applied creamy lipstick kissed removed then applied some MAC lipglass and kissed. Both top lip measurements, measured at the 'v' are 16 mls. I truly believe my lips weren't this plump before the HA supps and Swellips. I always kiss my excess lipstick off before going out and my kissy looks bigger! I know, it's not accurate but still, I know what my kissy looks like normally after 20 years of lipstick use and kissing it off.

Before I use Hydroderm I will measure again and won't use any Swellips for a couple days. If I'm feeling energetic Rolling Eyes I will take photos too. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention, at the forum here I searched for Hydroderm lip and didn't get any of the posts about the auto ship fiascos, I had no idea!! I hope the products are good regardless but now I'm leary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
FYI - all the posts about nightmare relations were regarding the Hydroderm face cream (or whatever it is), not the lip stuff, but since it’s the same company I’d be leery of buying a loaf of bread from them!!!! Shock

Perform another search, but just use “Hydroderm” as the keyword and it should return all of the relevant posts detailing everyone’s nightmare experiences with the auto-ship.

If I decide to try Hydroderm, I’ll definitely try to buy it at my local GNC (thanks for the tip Kim!!) rather than give my credit card info to the Hydroderm people and have to live in fear!

Hmmm, you know, I actually work for the TX Attorney General – maybe I ought to bring the Hydroderm company to the attention of our Consumer Fraud Department...General Abbott LOVES to go after these kind of companies and make them pay for screwing the citizens of TX!!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:30 am      Reply with quote
FYI -

I caved in and bought the Hydroderm Lip stuff at GNC (note: only the larger GNC-stores carry it, like the outlets in major shopping malls, etc), but the jury’s still out. Like Carrie11381, I also noticed the strange smell of it, and it makes my lips feel REALLY dry, so I have to immediately slather on a coat of lip balm after the Hydroderm dries. I’m going to give it a week to see if I notice any results, and this time I remembered to take down a “before” measurement!

Before I bought the Hydroderm, I checked GNC’s return policy to see if I could get my money back if the stuff didn’t work, and GNC has a 30-day return policy if you bring back the remaining unused product and the receipt.

BTW, while I was at GNC, I saw that they were also selling the “Simon Solution” lip plumper kit (the one Pamela Anderson is endorsing) for about $25USD, so I also picked up one of those. I read the ingredients of both the lip-line cream and the ‘enhancement’ balm, and I’m not seeing anything in either one that’s going to promote any kind of lip plumping, so I have a sneaking suspicion that the Simon Solution will also be returned to GNC, along with the Hydroderm, unless they really “Wow” me after a few more days use.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know, in case you want to check your local GNC to try one of these products out for yourself! Personally, I’m off to order a batch of Source Natural’s HA/collagen capsules from one of those websites that Mom2tommax shared with us....

Carrie

P.S. Carrie11381 -- how are you using the Hydroderm? Once daily? Twice daily, a bunch of times daily???
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |