Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
carekate,
I did read through the entire thread. And I can't explain why some people feel that they have seen positive results. All I can tell you is that biologically it cannot be having an effect like that. It is recognized by your digestive system as a starch & broken down.
I saw an infomercial on TV for this "Ultimate HA" that was supposed to basically reverse aging. I did some searches online & read studies on the efficacy of oral HA supplementation & my concerns that it would be a waste of money for me were confirmed.
I'm not trying to attack anyone here. And believe me, I am a big advocate of supplements. I just have to temper my interest in herbology with what I have discovered to be scientifically true.
But if you feel that it works for you & are getting results, then go with it. It can't hurt you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Renea wrote:
I recently tried a product...called Synthovial 7, and it's pure Hyaluronic Acid. It seemed to work great for me, but I was wondering if you guys are getting better results than myself by using HA products with Collagen II? Also have any of you tried any of these other products with HA?
Renea - I can’t speak for the others, and I while I haven’t tried any of the products you specifically listed, in the early days of my search for the ultimate lip plumper – before I discovered that the secret was taking the HA/Biocell Collagen Type II supplements orally – I tried rubbing a pure HA serum on my lips and it did absolutely nothing, other than made my lips feel really dried out, like it was sucking all the moisture out of my lip tissue, which is bizarre because hyaluronic acid is supposed to be a humectant that is supposed to help attract moisture and seal it in.

Anyway, my personal feeling is that applying any type of HA product *topically* to your lips is a waste of time. I think that your best bet is to get yourself some HA supplements and try it for yourself. The trick is the make sure that you take a HA/collagen supplement with “Biocell Type II” collagen in it – that’s the ingredient that gives the single most dramatic results. Also, you have to make sure you take enough of it – it has to be at least 50mg of hyaluronic acid per day, but you know all this because you took notes, right?! Wink Seriously, though, if it’s gonna work for you, you should start to see results within the first 24-48 hours.

Since these supplements did not work for every single person who tried them (although the majority did see results), you may not want to order a huge supply of them right away. If you’re in the U.S. and have a Whole Foods store near you, you might just want to go there and buy a bottle of Source Naturals Hyaluronic Acid supplements (they’ll be in the “joint health” section of the vitamin/supplements aisle) to try at first. Then, if they don’t work for you, you can return them to Whole Foods for a refund. But if they *do* work for you, then I highly recommend ordering them online (I got a great deal atwww.iherbs.com) because you can find some really great prices (i.e.: twice the amount of pills for the same price you paid at Whole Foods).

Other benefits that some EDS members have seen from taking HA/collagen are: relief from chronic dry/chapped lips, plumping up of fine lines/wrinkles in under eye area, and dry, flaky, nasty, calloused, scratchedy old feet have become markedly smoother. Basically, it’s like these HA/collagen supplements are ‘intelligent’ enough to identify the areas in your body that need more moisture or plumping, so that’s where they go to work first....

If you try the supplements, please let us know how it goes for you.

Good luck!
Carrie

Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
What would be the effect of taking the HA/collagen supplements orally AND applying a product such as Swellips topically?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
littlelamb wrote:
What would be the effect of taking the HA/collagen supplements orally AND applying a product such as Swellips topically?
I'd like to refer you to this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5574&highlight=swellips. For the record, most of us have seen the best results with the combo of HA/collagen oral supplements (I'm *still* itching to prove it to Darren that it works!!) and topical plumper LipFusion.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
thanks kate for the reply..here's the update. I did find the Ultimate ha with biocell collagen II at the same store (www.superior-coral.com/ultimate-ha.htm)
It has the 50mg as suggested by others,so I ordered a bottle. I also ordered a few of those other episilk ha products, like the lip balm, shampoo, and conditioner. I'll post the results weekly to let everyone know how the work.

Renea
Aukue
5% products discount

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:50 am      Reply with quote
My "forward finger" is sooo tired..I'm tyring to find a post of someone who used alpha lipoic acid in regards to lip plumping I'm sure I saw it on here last night and now I can't find it. Do any of you have any info or input into that? I'm going out to "hopefully" find and purchase some HA tomrrow (in BC, Canada...hope I can find it)... Question Watch out lips here I come!!!
Aukue
5% products discount

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Well I found it! 50mg from Biocell Collagen II
This may sound silly (feeling like I'm talking to myself it seems....oh well) but I think I already notice a difference 12 hours later..slightly at least. Ethically I'm wondering where this Biocell Collagen II comes from exactly and how they go about "gettin it" I gotta look more into that for my own peace of mind if I'm going to continue taking this should it work for me. Has anyone else looked into this that can put my mind at rest? Thanks Rolling Eyes
tagg

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
A miracle has occurred! I measured my lips by applying lipstick and doing an imprint. Then, I reapplied the lipstick and made another imprint but this time I pressed a little harder. Guess what? My lips plumped up in just the 30 seconds or so in between measurements!!! Wow!! I didn't even have to take any supplements and my lips plumped up!

Do you not suspect that perhaps this is what's causing so many "spectacular" results amongst the posters? Hmmm? Maybe just a little?

By the way, collagen type 2 comes from rooster and hen combs.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
tagg wrote:
Do you not suspect that perhaps this is what's causing so many "spectacular" results amongst the posters? Hmmm? Maybe just a little?
Think what you like, darling. The rest of us will know what we know.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Aukue,
Where did you find them? I'm in BC as well and haven't been able to locate them anywhere.

TIA
Dianne
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all I am new here and have been watching this post with alot of interest..I finally decided to dive in and purchased the source natural from whole foods. Thinking nothing would happen, but why not try, I woke up the next day with fuller feeling lips but no visual change...by day two wow...my lips were definately fuller. Now by no means are they huge, but definately fuller and smoother. I have also noticed amazing changes to other problem areas of my body. Now for my question...I decided to look around at HA suppliments and found a liquid form called Synthovial7..realizing liquid is absorbed so much faster and easier I couldnt help but wonder if anyone else has tried this form. Seems one uses a dropper full each day. And to the naysayers out there I even talked to my doctor regarding the positive changes I have seen and he agreed it would help.
Spasoosi

Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
tagg wrote:
Think what you like, darling. The rest of us will know what we know.
I hope this isn't going to be a reality show style forum darlins I'm gonna have to try this for myself Rolling Eyes

Pucker up hopefully Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
And to the naysayers out there I even talked to my doctor regarding the positive changes I have seen and he agreed it would help.
Welcome to the club! Very Happy As you noticed, we do have quite a few naysayers, but as you’ve discovered for yourself, the results are very real. I would really love to have the opportunity to give all of the doubters 1-2 HA/collagen caplets so they could see for themselves that it’s real and then grovel at my feet, begging me to forgive their skepticism!! Razz
MelissaMarie wrote:
Now for my question...I decided to look around at HA suppliments and found a liquid form called Synthovial7..realizing liquid is absorbed so much faster and easier I couldnt help but wonder if anyone else has tried this form.
I don’t think any of us have tried this particular form of HA/collagen. Can you possibly post a link to the product you are talking about so we can have a look and check the ingredients? My only concern would be the amount of HA per dose (ideally, at least 50mg), and if it contained the correct Biocell Type II Collagen. So long as it meets those two criteria, then I don’t see why it shouldn’t have the same effect as the Source Naturals. My only other concern would be price. They do sell an HA/collagen supplement at GNC (General Nutrition Center) stores, but they charge nearly $50 per bottle (I think the brand name was “Derm Beauty” or something similar)!! By contrast, you can get two bottles of Source Naturals (60 caplets per bottle) fromwww.iherb.com for less than $25, which illustrates that pricey doesn’t necessarily mean better!

Anyway, if you try this liquid form, please let us know how it goes.

Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I still have not tried the liquid form but it would make sense that it would work faster. I looked at a few sites that advertise the liquid form and here is one,www.syn-7.com, the ingredients are stated as pure HA, sad to say no bio cell. As for my comment on the naysayers, I am probably the biggest one of all, so no offense was ment. But, I will at least try something before I knock it. After seeing amazing results on other parts of my body, I did a bit of research myself and can't for the life of me find where it states the body cannot digest this in a useable form. So I say for little money on the source naturals everyone has nothing to lose in trying this, you might be a wee bit shocked, I know I was....so a huge thank you ladies for all your imput.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to clarify that *you* weren’t one of the naysayers to which I was referring. I was talking about the ones who completely dismiss out of hand that this supplement might work without giving it a chance themselves because logic (or science) says it’s not possible. Or the other ones who join the messageboard only for the purpose of posting a sarcastic and mocking comment that pretty much boiled down to the fact that everyone who has had success with this is actually hysterical and/or delusional.

If you *weren’t* skeptical before trying this, and you read all of the seemingly miraculous claims in this thread, I would be really concerned and wonder if you were in complete control of your mental faculties because God knows that I was extremely skeptical about it too, when I saw that innocent looking bottle of hyaluronic acid capsules sitting on the display shelf at Walgreens that very first day and a little voice whispered in my ear and said, “You know, lips are comprised of HA and collagen, so I wonder what would happen if we took some of it orally...?” I was so sure that it wasn’t going to work any better than applying a pure HA serum to my lips topically, that immediately after I swallowed the pills, I forgot all about it until the next day.

But the results cannot be denied, and – as you have seen for yourself -- are not just fuller lips, which is only a slight cosmetic change, but other “believers” have also seen that their once chronically dry/cracked lips are all of the sudden moist and fully hydrated, so much so that they don’t even need to apply a lip balm every five minutes to try to keep their lips from cracking and starting to bleed! And they *know* that the change is a direct result of taking the HA/collagen supplements because the minute the stop taking them, their lips revert to being chapped almost immediately. That’s a concrete result that can actually be measured!

Anyway, I *am* very intrigued by this liquid form of HA that you have found, but I don’t want to encourage you to be the guinea pig just to satisfy my own curiosity, so I will let you decide if you want to take the chance without pressuring you, especially if this stuff is going to be more costly than a bottle of the Source Naturals, but I would say that so long as you purchase the liquid HA from a retailer that has a generous return policy so you could take/send the item back if it turns out it doesn’t work any better than the pills, then you probably wouldn’t have anything to lose! Smile Please keep us posted if you *do* decide to try it.

Thanks again, and welcome to the “family”!
Carrie

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh brother. I did NOT want to start a war.

Everyone on here has a first-time post. Mine just happened to question the testing method some of you are using to measure your lips. It's not exactly scientific and it seems to me that there'd be lots of "wiggle room". Doesn't mean I joined simply to post a negative comment. I've been reading this forum for quite some time... I'm not here constantly as some of you seem to be but I do check in on a regular basis.

Further, don't assume that I, or anyone else who questions your claims, has not taken HA supplements. In fact, I have been taking HA (135 mg/day) for 4 months in an effort to help my arthritis. And yes, the folks at the health food store claimed it would also improve my skin and plump up wrinkles, etc - which it hasn't. I was also told that results wouldn't be seen for at least 3 months. I'm still waiting for improvement on all counts - So it's not illogical that I'm skeptical of an overnight lip plump.

I'd be happy to forgo the wrinkle improvement and plumper lips if the stuff would just help my knees work better and cut down on the pain.

All I did was question the results and the measuring method... albeit a little sarcastically, and I will apologize for that. But honestly - this forum isn't a fascist state is it? Differing opinions are allowed, aren't they?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Of course differing opinions are allowed. Smile And, you are right, everyone is a new member on this forum at some point or another. Just as in *real life* though, we are all given a chance to make first impression only once. Many of us post on this forum regularily, and have developed trust in one another's opinions. I always read new member posts and value the other opinions, however, if someone's first and only post is sarcastic/rude, I am probably going to disregard it; especially when there are countless other members, including myself that HAVE experienced results. Now we are talking millimeters here, but for me, that is enough. Very Happy Of course though, just as all products do not work work for all people, all supplements will not work for all people also.

On another note, you may want to try fish oil capsules for your arthritis. I broke both of hips when I was 10, and was not operated on for 10 days (long story). I have experience arthritis for the past 5 years, and sometimes it is so bad that I cannot walk for up to 3 days. In the last 8 months, I started taking fish oil, and it has helped me considerably! Just something to consider...

Welcome to the forum, tagg!! Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello
I am really excited about trying this for both my skin and my arthritis. Has anyone else from Australia found a health food supply that stocks this? I've been searching online and if I can't find somewhere in AU I might try vitacost as I buy my dmae serum from them. I'm very happy for all of you that have had great results, and I'm hoping to as well Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
hi hermione,

If you can't find it, I know iherb.com ships internationally. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Just to further hijack the thread away from lips to hips, if you have joint pain you could also consider glucosamine sulphate, tagg. I found that and the fish oil really beneficial for my clackety old knees.

Can't comment on the HA, can't get it locally and I'm too skint anyway Laughing

Liz Cool

5% products discount

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! will give iherb a look. Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
tagg wrote:
All I did was question the results and the measuring method... albeit a little sarcastically, and I will apologize for that.
Apology accepted. No, this forum isn’t a fascist state, but as Faith pointed out, one only has a single chance to make a first impression, therefore it might be wise to save the sarcasm until after you’ve introduced yourself and allowed us to get to know you first. After that, feel free to fire away.

I realize that the cosmetic benefits of taking HA supplements is not your primary concern, but I would like to point out for the benefit of those who *are* interested in the cosmetic results, that it is – in fact – the supplements that contain the combination of hyaluronic acid AND collagen (specifically, Biocell Type II collagen) that have returned the most noticeable results.

I hope that you are able to find some measure of relief for your pain if you decide to try the fish oil stuff that Faith suggested. I suffer from chronic pain myself, albeit mine is localized in my head due to chronic migraines and not in my knees, which some days results in me not being able to left my head more than two inches from the pillow of my bed without vomiting violently from the agony, but I do understand how suffering in constant pain without any significant relief can impact one’s quality and enjoyment of life.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone experienced really bad chapped lips after taking the supplement pills? Mine are really sore which is annoying because the pills have changed my lips and made them fuller. Before my lips were large but had quite a bit of lines, and after i noticed there were NO lines at all. So now they look completely smooth but are dry and sore.
I'm hoping if i take less of the supplements i can acheive the fuller appearance minus the chapped lips. *crosses fingers*
Mabsy

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Natyasha wrote:
Has anyone experienced really bad chapped lips after taking the supplement pills? Mine are really sore which is annoying because the pills have changed my lips and made them fuller. Before my lips were large but had quite a bit of lines, and after i noticed there were NO lines at all. So now they look completely smooth but are dry and sore.
I'm hoping if i take less of the supplements i can acheive the fuller appearance minus the chapped lips. *crosses fingers*

Could it be that you need to increase water intake? I'm not actually sure but I know that certain supplements do require a higher intake of water. I know that when I was taking MSM supplements I started getting migranes and these were from dehydration.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy I just ordered 2 bottles of HA Complex from Nutricraze.com. The HA manufacturer is Jarrow Formulations. It contains the Biocell II collagen in it. It's the least expensive I've found on line with all the "stuff" we need in it. One bottle of 60 capsules is only $10.69. I got 2 bottles for a total of 120 capsules for $21.38 plus $6 something for shipping/handling. Awesome deal compared to what I used to pay for only 90 caps of the Purity brand! I've tried the Source Naturals HA before from the Vitamin Shoppe, but it didn't do much for me. I hope the Jarrow Formulation works as well as the Purity HA-Vital Max capsules which is more expensive per pill. Has anyone tried the HA Complex, Jarrow Formulation? Here's the website I ordered from today...

http://www.nutricraze.com/product_info.php?products_id=JR-161

I had stopped takin HA for a while when I ran out and I've been using the lipfusion in the color "sexy" which is red. It doesn't have all that much pigment... but it gives a bee stung look. I noticed that it really plumped my lips too... and to me it seems to work better than the regular clear lipfusion. I wonder if it's just my imagination, or did they add more of the active ingredient in their color gloss?? I don't know, but now I want to combine my new lipfusion "sexy" color with some HA capsules when it arrives in the mail and see what happens. I'll keep you all posted.

Rita
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |