Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Natyasha

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Natyasha wrote:
Has anyone experienced really bad chapped lips after taking the supplement pills? Mine are really sore which is annoying because the pills have changed my lips and made them fuller. Before my lips were large but had quite a bit of lines, and after i noticed there were NO lines at all. So now they look completely smooth but are dry and sore.
I'm hoping if i take less of the supplements i can acheive the fuller appearance minus the chapped lips. *crosses fingers*

Could it be that you need to increase water intake? I'm not actually sure but I know that certain supplements do require a higher intake of water. I know that when I was taking MSM supplements I started getting migranes and these were from dehydration.

Hmmm possibly! I don't drink enough water as is so you might be on to something. Thank you Mabsy for the tip Smile
hermione
5% products discount

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have been using the tabs 2x100 mg a day and can't say my lips look larger, But I have noticed my under eye area less lined and the overall appearance of my skin is better. I've only been using the tabs for a week but I am more than happy that my skin looks this great. You never know, the lips my follow.
krystiluv
5% products discount

Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:
Very Happy I just ordered 2 bottles of HA Complex from Nutricraze.com. The HA manufacturer is Jarrow Formulations. It contains the Biocell II collagen in it. It's the least expensive I've found on line with all the "stuff" we need in it. One bottle of 60 capsules is only $10.69. I got 2 bottles for a total of 120 capsules for $21.38 plus $6 something for shipping/handling. Awesome deal compared to what I used to pay for only 90 caps of the Purity brand! I've tried the Source Naturals HA before from the Vitamin Shoppe, but it didn't do much for me. I hope the Jarrow Formulation works as well as the Purity HA-Vital Max capsules which is more expensive per pill. Has anyone tried the HA Complex, Jarrow Formulation? Here's the website I ordered from today...

http://www.nutricraze.com/product_info.php?products_id=JR-161

I had stopped takin HA for a while when I ran out and I've been using the lipfusion in the color "sexy" which is red. It doesn't have all that much pigment... but it gives a bee stung look. I noticed that it really plumped my lips too... and to me it seems to work better than the regular clear lipfusion. I wonder if it's just my imagination, or did they add more of the active ingredient in their color gloss?? I don't know, but now I want to combine my new lipfusion "sexy" color with some HA capsules when it arrives in the mail and see what happens. I'll keep you all posted.

Rita

Hey Rita, Have you tried the Jarrow brand yet? If so, what did you think?

Thanks,

Kristy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the HA 100 2x's a day now for about 3 months or so and I have to say the difference in my skin is amazing. Its so much plumper and softer. I have very very very normal skin to begin with but having hit the 40's mark, the plumpness was beginning to go Confused . Now I must say I have also been taking a skin and hair vitiman along with this, but when I take less of the HA, within a week the difference in plumpness is def there. Now for the lips, they are defenately plumped, but what I personally have noticed is they are the lips I had in my teens. So I didnt get anything I didnt once upon a time have, but wow...at least I have MINE back..woohooo..
hermione
5% products discount

Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thats Great!! I'm just over the forty mark myself, and even though I've looked after my skin, I do think the HA has plumped it up more to what it used to be like. I'll make sure I always order ahead as I don't want to run out
Smile
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I turned 20 back in April and I started taking the Source Naturals at the end of March. My lips are a lot fuller!!! I notice in more in my top lip. I know that is hard to explain but my top lip plumped so much that sometimes I have a small line/crease/dent (I don’t know what else to call it) above my top lip from where my skin is adjusting to the size of my new mouth.

I work at a retail store in the mall and a customer I see every once in awhile said something looked different on me. I didn’t even consider my lips as a possibility since I thought I was just imagined they were getting fuller. After about a minute or two she asked if I had “collagen injections” because my lips looked so much fuller! I smiled (with my new full lips) and said no. She told me they looked so good she could not quit looking at them. She told me whatever I had been doing or trying had made a big difference. I didn’t tell her about the pills because it sounds too crazy to even make sense.

This happened about a month or so after I started taking the pills.

Thanks!
hermione
5% products discount

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Think I spoke too soon. I was putting on my lipstick today, and I do notice that my bottom lip looks fuller. I'm very happy as my top lip has always been very full and now I look more balanced. I've been rechecking the mirror and I'm sure its not my imagination. Smile
maree464

Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am new here and am already addicted to this site (so much info). My lips are paper thin, and would love to try this HA but I am always cautious when it comes to supplements. I have a heart condition that was caused by giving birth to my last child and I am on a few different medications and would rather take something externally than internally. Is there any kind of HA that can be applied directly to the lips that anyone has tried or even heard of? Thanks.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hi you all. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been away on vacation last week. I received the Jarrow formula and I've been on it for about a week now... works great, and it's the most inexpensive one I've found on the web with Biocell II in it. Here's the website again...
http://www.nutricraze.com/product_info.php?products_id=JR-161

I plan on ordering 3 bottles at a time next time since it's only $10 something per bottle. I'm still taking 2 capsules 3 times daily eventhough the directions say 2 to 4 capsules per day. I notice a wonderful improvement in my complexion when I take 6 caps. daily. My skin is normally on slightly drier side especially in the winter. So, I'm continuing this increased dosage.

I used to take HA w/biocell a couple months ago in a different brand, and then temporarily stopped taking HA because the right side of my lower lip was plumper than the lower left side of my lip.

Has anyone else experienced this uneveness in lip growth?

Well, now that I've started back up again with HA capsules, the exact same thing happened with my lip size...lower right side plumper than the left. I was hoping the left side would catch up to the same size as the right side as I continue taking these HA capsules.

I exfoliate my lips regularly, and I also use the Lipfusion "sexy" tint which I also love to use. So my lips look nice and plump.

Rita
hermione
5% products discount

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maree,
You can apply hyaluronic acid directly to the skin, but it won't have the plumping effect on the lips though that I think you are after. Maybe you could speak to your doctor re the hyaluronic acid supplements just to make sure first. Best of luck.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, I won't be purchasing this Jarrow brand from nutricraze.com anymore. My hair started falling out after taking this brand for about a week. Not good Crying or Very sad I've never had a "hair loss" problem with the more expensive brands. I haven't changed my diet or shampoo or anything, so I stopped taking the HA till my hair returns to normal again. Ugh! Cheaper is not always better for me.

Rita
Bluebonnet

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, I'm very new to your forum, but I think I'm already hooked! I've ordered the Source Naturals HA, but have a question. Have any of you noticed a benefit to the area above the lips? I have those vertical lines and I'm hoping if my lips plump up a little bit, that this area might also look better. Please let me know. Thanks!
Mexipina

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I stumbled upon this forum a few months ago and am now visiting again. I had bought two brands of supplements a while back, Jarrow and Source Naturals but haven't used them. I read that Rita had problems with Jarrow, so I probably won't be taking those, but I want to start with Source Naturals. I am still very concerned (as I had expressed before) if it's possible that the body can become dependent on the supplement and if it will stop producing HA on it's own. Does anyone have any solid information about this aspect of the supplement?
cheri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!

I am new here also and wanted to ask.. I have problems with fever blisters at times... I went to Jamaca years ago and got so sunburned I damaged my lips... now when I use lipsticks or am out in the heat and get heated I get a fever blister.. Do any of you have this problem and did it get worse taking the HA? I am going to try this but wanted to see if anyone found that it either helped or encouraged getting fever blisters??

cheri
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Judy Marshall is our resident expert on nutritional supplements. In fact, after she tried the HA/collagen supplements herself and saw amazing results within 1-2 days, she reported her findings to her business partners who immediately began researching the cosmetic benefits of using hyaluronic acid with an eye toward eventually introducing their own HA/collagen supplement strictly for plumping lips.

I went back and checked Judy’s previous posts regarding the body becoming dependent on these supplements, but this is all I could find:
JudyMarshall wrote:
Here's what I would guess on it lasting. We all know that as we age we lose collagen and HA. Good eating, exercise, and supplements can help slow that, but nothing will stop aging. When you use his supplement, you are replacing what your body is losing... and in some cases, you are replacing faster than you are losing. If you stop the supplement, in time the effect will go away, because you age every day. The best you can do is take care of yourself the best you can and slow the process as much as possible.

JudyMarshall wrote:
We do have a chemist that we are talking to about this and I'll see if someone can give us an opinion on whether the skin could become dependent on this type of supplement

My guess is that while you are taking it, you skin will look better than ever, but when you stop, you will simply go back to where you were before taking the supplement.

JudyMarshall wrote:
carekate wrote:

BTW, someone provided me with a link with info regarding hyaluronic acid and it specifically discusses the benefits of taking it for cosmetic use, if you want to check it out: http://www.hyalogic.com/aboutha.htm
Carrie....

That site is excellent. Thanks for posting it! I did notice the info about HA having a "half-life", meaning that it breaks down quickly and must constantly be replinished. That would explain why the HA supplements work so well and quickly for the lips, but the effects goes away very quickly if you stop the supplements. It would be interesting for some of us to test and see if the effect goes away as quickly after you've been using the supplement for a while, like it did in the beginning. So far, if I forget to take it, I immediately begin to feel my lips drying. I've been taking HA supplementation for about 2 months now.

JUDY

Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody.... just found this site and i am extremely curious about lip plumpers as I am losing some of my own natural fullness. Has anyone tried the Modelle Lip Plumper??? I have just purchased the HA pills and will give results if any!! Thanks for any information forth coming!! Smile [/b]
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
LoLo65 wrote:
Hi everybody.... just found this site and i am extremely curious about lip plumpers as I am losing some of my own natural fullness. Has anyone tried the Modelle Lip Plumper??? I have just purchased the HA pills and will give results if any!! Thanks for any information forth coming!! Smile [/b]

Hi LoLo and welcome Very Happy
Don't waste your money on Modelle Lip Plumper, I tried it and it does not work. If you're near a Sephora, go get Lip Fusion, its the best plumper I've (and many on the forum) used in combination with HA/Collegen pills.

Anya
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have just received my wonder capsules, today(funny I ordered from Biovea.co.uk and the capsules were sent from North Hollywood) and have taken 1 40 mg this morning, will take another later on in the day. Is it just my imagination or are my lips tingling!!! I am due to go for restylane injections in 2 weeks to try and remove lip lines so hoping & praying these capsules make such an improvement I dont need to go!!! Fingers crossed...........
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am now back on the HA supplements after stopping the Jarrow brand for awhile. Back in the beginning of August, while on vacation, I took Twinlab Maxilife Collagen II with HA prior to recieving the Jarrow formulation (which didn't work out). The Twinlab Maxilife gave me lip plumping results the 2nd day of my 6 caps daily regimen, and facial skin improvement results also... healthier-looking complexion minus the hairloss. So, yesterday I decided to purchase one bottle of Twinlab Maxilife at the Vitamin Shoppe for $18.16 for 60 capsules,and again, it works great...I saw lip plumping results by this morning Very Happy I took 3 in the afternoon when I purchased it yesterday and 3 more caps at bedtime for my plumping results this morning. I'll be sure to stick with this brand. Upon bargain shopping on the web for this same brand, I found a good deal on the iherb website for the same stuff for $15.57 for 60 caps. and free shipping on orders over $30 which is good.
2 bottles at Vitamin Shoppe near my home would total - $36.32. And 2 bottles at iherb would be $31.14 (no Ship/handl. charges). That works for me. I just have to order before I run out. Here's the website...

http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/chic.html

While I was temporarily off of the HA, I simply used the Lipfusion "sexy" and got "some" lip plumping, but since starting the HA yesterday... today I've got nice LIPS! Very Happy I must say... I LIKE IT!! Thanks you all for all your posts.

Rita
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Do you think it would be safe to take this supplement after having Restylane injected into the lines above the lips?
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I've also had Restylane injected in my lips & have been taking HA-no problem at all with affecting the restylane-and I think the HA actually prolongs the effect of resty.
Maria
Natyasha

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad someone asked whether injecting restlyane into the lips is safe with taking these tablets. I was wondering as well.

My question is and if its been asked already, forgive me! How long does it take the body to break down and absorb the HA tablets? I'm asking because i've had yet another strange situation happen and i think its related to the supplements. Usually i get my hair colored no problem. But after i had been taking the supplements, i went to get it done again. This time my head felt like it was on fire i couldnt stand the pain. So i wound up with blonde hair and orange roots, great look! The only thing i've been doing differently is taking the pills, and i thought maybe since its a skin supplement it may have made mine more sensitive?
Well anyways i'm rambling on, but i'm hoping i can still take the pills and maybe stop taking them for a couple days or week before my hair appointments and all will be well. I don't wan t to have to stop with them, its the best find for lips ever! Crying or Very sad
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I have just realised Restylane is Hyaluronic Acid !! Doh... I just NEVER realised... Laughing
Must be the blonde hair Bad Grin
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone-
I will be so thrilled if this works for me. I found this post read perhaps the 1st page or two then skipped to the 17th page. I went out and purchased HA supplements-but didn't write down that many of you purchased the one with collagen and also at higher dosages. I just remembered Carrie's original post with the HA and that it was 20-30mg.

My query is this..
I've already opened and used the 20mg Solaray brand of the HA (with additional 50mg of absorbic acid). I ingested it quite rapidly and then re-read the post to find many of you have better results with the collegan (am I spelling that right?) added. Have any of you had GREAT results with ONLY an HA supplement (no collegan)? I guess they could take this back and say I made a boo-boo. Plus it cost $4 more than the Source Naturals.

Okay,thanks for any replies.
Anita

Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I've been trying this for a month, taking one pill a day, and have not seen any visible results.

Would this be ineffective if you already have pretty full lips? Not full-full as in angela jolie full, but full enough.

Regardless, these pills smells great--makes me think I am putting candy in my mouth, and anything "like" candy is good enough in its own rights. Laughing Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |