Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Who is this new lip plumper made by and where can you buy it?

Its called "Plump & Pout" and you can get it from :
//http://www.psfskincare.com/

After Winnie's rave review, I just ordered it and looking forward to trying it out Very Happy

Stella don't bother with Swellips - some of us have tried it (including Carekate) and given it the thumbs down. You have to massage it in for 5-10 minutes at a time and keep reapplying it. Now that we've discovered HA with Collagen and Lip Fusion - we're waiting on the next big "discovery" Very Happy

Anya
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Quote:
Who is this new lip plumper made by and where can you buy it?
Its called "Plump & Pout" and you can get it from :
//http://www.psfskincare.com/

After Winnie's rave review, I just ordered it and looking forward to trying it out Very Happy
I got my Plump & Pout yesterday. It's too soon for me to give a full-fledged review, but my initial reaction is that it's a lot like the Hydroderm Lip Plumper. It has that same distinctive smell (perhaps the Niacin?), and I don't mean that in a good way! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I got my Plump & Pout yesterday. It's too soon for me to give a full-fledged review, but my initial reaction is that it's a lot like the Hydroderm Lip Plumper. It has that same distinctive smell (perhaps the Niacin?), and I don't mean that in a good way!

Oh noooo Carrie, say it isn't so Shock I haven't got mine yet, so I'm looking forward to your review Very Happy

Anya
Shanynn

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

Wow, I'm so excited to try the HA supplements! So I've read all your posts, and I'm trying to figure out which supplement to actually order. From what I've read here, these 4 products sound like the top contenders:

Hyaluronic Acid ( Skin Eternal ) Source Naturals, 50 mg, 60 Tabs,

Purity's Vital-HA Max Formula, Purity products, 90 Soft Gels

MaxiLife Collagen Type II ( with Hyaluronic Acid ), TwinLab , 60 Caps

Health Logics Derma Beauty Hyaluronic Acid -- 60 Capsules (which is usually SO expensive, but I just found online for only 19.99!)

So which is the winner? Any advice ladies?

Thanks so much!
~Shanynn
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
carekate,
What distinctive smell are you referring to? I've never tried the Hydroderm, so I can't compare. But all of the ingredients in the Plump & Pout are fragrance-free except for the chocolate extract & vanilla beans. Niacin has no characteristic odor either. So I am stumped! Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:39 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
carekate,
What distinctive smell are you referring to? I've never tried the Hydroderm, so I can't compare. But all of the ingredients in the Plump & Pout are fragrance-free except for the chocolate extract & vanilla beans. Niacin has no characteristic odor either. So I am stumped! Question
I honestly don't know what it is, but the P&P smells just like the Hydroderm lip plumper that I tried a few months back.

Has anyone else tried the Hydroderm plumper and can you help me describe "that smell"? Unless your nose was completely clogged up when you used it, I *know* you guys know exactly what I'm talking about! It's not a "bad" smell, just very distinctive -- maybe if we could get hold the ingredient's list for the Hydroderm plumper (which *wasn't* listed on either the box or the tube because I checked!), we could figure out which common ingredient the Hydroderm has with the P&P plumper....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
carrie,
I searched the net & found the ingredients for the Hydroderm plumper. They are: Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Nicotinate.

Basically it is silicone oils & the methyl ester of nicotinic acid, which is not the same type of niacin in the Plump & Pout. I wish I could help you pin-point this, but honestly all I can smell when I wear it is the chocolate extract. Confused And actually, I tested the product before the chocolate was even added, and it had no taste or smell whatsoever. Maybe someone else who knows the smell you are referring to can help. Anyone else try the hydroderm one?
Totally stumped,
Darren

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I wish I could help you pin-point this, but honestly all I can smell when I wear it is the chocolate extract. Confused And actually, I tested the product before the chocolate was even added, and it had no taste or smell whatsoever. Maybe someone else who knows the smell you are referring to can help. Anyone else try the hydroderm one?
I know I’m not the only one who tried the Hydroderm...I checked earlier posts in this thread and found some comments from other members who tried it:
Carrie11381 from pg 13 wrote:
I received my hydroderm lip enhancer today. I have no idea what to think about this. First off, it has the consistency of oily water. When applied, you cannot feel it and can barely see it. It runs well outside your lip line and causes a crusty white film around your mouth. It smells like death. You definitely cannot apply this while in the company of others. They will run for dear life. My lips began to feel dry, kindof like how your fingers feel when you accidentally get super glue on them, though not as severe. I was under the impression that this product had the marine collagen like the other hydroderm product, but I was mistaken. It contains two silicones (dimethicone and cyclomethicone) and Methyl Nicrotinate. I have no idea what this is. I googled it and only came up with this product and another lip enhancement product with the same ingredients http://www.bionordica.com/productinformation.asp?pid=62&iid=302
If anyone knows about this ingredient, please let me know. Obviously it is the only active ingredient and I'd like some insight on how it works or what it is supposed to do.
Carrie11381 from pg 14 wrote:
I've been using the hydroderm for 6 days now, and...the smell doesn't bother me as much anymore.
carekate from pg 15 wrote:
I caved in and bought the Hydroderm Lip stuff at GNC...Like Carrie11381, I also noticed the strange smell of it, and it makes my lips feel REALLY dry, so I have to immediately slather on a coat of lip balm after the Hydroderm dries.
Lolli from pg 15 wrote:
Carrie, how is the Hydroderm? I started mine yesterday and took down the before measurement too, I hadn't used any lip plumper for 5 full days so it should be rather accurate. I too noticed immediate drying the dry, fine lines it brought out were nasty. I put lip balm over top as well. I did notice some swelling but the area around my lips was also quite red and irritated looking so any added attractiveness the plumping gave was sort of negated by the redness.

It seems like each of us mentioned the smell, but unfortunately we didn’t make any effort to actually describe what it smelled like. Confused But I still maintain that the first time I applied the PSF P&P, the first thought I had was “This stuff smells exactly like Hydroderm!” And I keep having that same reaction each time I reapply the P&P. I don’t know if this makes any difference or not, but I have what I refer to as a “hyper-sensitive” nose: I can smell things that nobody else around me can seem to detect! In fact, I have chronic, debilitating migraine headaches and one of my most frequent “triggers” is strong, sudden odors. Anyway, my super-sensitive schnoz might be the reason that I can detect the scent in the P&P while you don’t smell anything....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie. Like I said, I never tried the hydroderm...glad I didn't considering it's drying. Who would want a lip treatment that is drying?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am here sniffing my Plump and Pout Laughing Yes, I can detect a fragrance. Never thought much of it until I read this thread. Kind of smells like hot chocolate to me. I can detect something else but can't put my finger on it. I find the fragrance pleasing. Never have I used Hydroderm so I can't compare. Still liking the Plump and Pout for it's moisture and natural plumbing. Nice lipstick base.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Just cuz I think it smells funny doesn’t mean that I’m not using it!! Idiot that I am, I used the Hydroderm for about 3 weeks before I threw in the towel and returned it to GNC for a refund. I was hoping that the drying effect of the Hydroderm was just temporary, but it never got any better.

With the P&P, yes I detect that same distinctive odor (man, I wish someone else who has tried the Hydroderm would try the P&P so we can find out if anyone else smells it), but it is not drying at all. I’ve been using P&P for the past few days, since I received, in the mornings and at night, after cleansing and exfoliating my lips, in lieu of my beloved Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair which I usually apply underneath any other lip product. But I figured the Skinceuticals would probably interfere with the absorption of the actives in the P&P, so I put it on first. I’m really not noticing any additional fullness with it, but I can definitely see the effect of the blood rushing to the surface of my lip tissue and the resulting rosy, bee-stung color it imparts which always makes your lips look fuller.

Let me put it this way: usually by this point, if I haven’t been completely “wowed” by a lip plumping product, I have already put it back in it’s wrapper to take/send back for a refund, but I plan to continue using the P&P until I scrape the bottom of the tube!

Here’s a hint for anyone looking for a super-moisturizing overnight lip treatment: First I apply a layer of P&P and let it penetrate for a couple minutes. Then I slather on a layer of my beloved Gatineau Electelle Beautifying Lip Care just before I hit the pillow and when I wake up, I’ve got soft and full lips!

Carrie

P.S. I smell the chocolate in the P&P, but the scent I'm referring to is below it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Is the P&P worth it or would you just stick to Lipfusion for full lips?

Which one do you like better?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:

I really love the Plump and Pout. Mind you, I have used very few topical for my lips. Many months ago I used Sothy's Lip Enhance. I liked that but find the Plump and Pout much more convenient to use. HA supplements are my HG in keeping my lips full. Saying that, I am going to buy Lipfusions as it has been on my TO BUY list for quite some time. I am in a buying mood. Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:

Strictly in terms of lip plumping? I’d have to go with my trusty LipFusion – sorry, Darren! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! That's OK carrie! Everyone has their own favorite products, no need to apologize! That's what this board is about - sharing what works for you & what you like best Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I havent tried the supplements yet, worried that my eyes would get puffy...maybe someday...but

you guys are going to think I'm nuts but I've been putting C serum on my lips and the results are amazing. Defineately less lines. Did some browsing around and discovered that there are people putting Retin-A on their lips too with great results, apparently you really have to work up to it with short contact therapy. I'm going to start that too and will post on the results!

(I do use Lipfusion once a day too)
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Since my last order I upped my dosage to 2 pills twice a day like it says for an "intensive" treatment for the first 3 weeks. I had never done this initial intense treatment so I thought I'd start now since it's now winter weather here. However, over the last two days, my eyes have been SO swollen. Now, I contribute most of this to my horrible sinuses right now. My head feels like it's going to explode. Shock But, I can't help thinking that the HA supplements may be adding to the problem. Has anyone experienced swelling in their eyes/face with these?
dragonfly

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty_wannabe posted: "I use hyaluronic acid lip cream. It is from Japanese brand kose and the name is “pure lip moisture cream hyaluronic” It only costs about $5~6 so, it is cheaper than other stuffs out there. You can find it in Asian stores or online stores. Once I found it on ebay too. (only once though)
Other one that I like is “water in lip” by shiseido. This does not contain hyaluronic acid but it is easier to find and keeps your lips moist.(about same price)"

Hi

I know I asked you about this before a while back, but cannot get that link you gave me to work now. Found a couple on eBay & was wondering if they were the ones you use/used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5631028920&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5637753710&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5634579618&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5639923894&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I have a Shiseido Water In Lip (essence?) in a purple squeeze tube. I think it may also be considered a lip mask. I really like that one, but was curious about the others I saw.

Thanks for any help!

Pam Smile
ern0324

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just found this forum as I was doing a google search regarding swelllips from ebay. I have been using some "as seen on tv" lip plumper with very little results. I was simply researching swelllips but now, after reading through all 19 pages of the forum, I can hardly wait to get my HA supplement!!!! Thanks so much to carekate for discovering this..Yay!! Very Happy I am going to take before and after pictures definately..I never saw a link to any that users posted..anyone have before & afters to show?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
ern0324 wrote:
..I never saw a link to any that users posted..anyone have before & afters to show?
"Winnie" posted a pic of her lips in this thread, somewhere toward the beginning (i.e.: pgs 1-10).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the page where she posted the pic but I only see the WORD image, no picture.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200
moonlitflowers
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there everyone!

I'm new to the forum and after reading the entire "Eureka!" thread, I decided to try a combo of things.

I've been using the Source Naturals HA/Collagen pills, Swellips (if you don't like the consistency of the honey, she can substitute it with aloe vera- makes it much more pleasant to apply) and LipFusion. My lips have definately plumped up considerably and are no longer cracked and peeling.

I tried using each product alone first and then just taking the HA/Collagen with either LipFusion or Swellips and noticed that unless I'm using all three, I don't see half as much of a plump. The Swellips may be a pain to apply but for me in addition to the HA/Collagen and LipFusion it was *definately* worth it. I've also upped my water intake and this seems to help as well aside from being a neccessity for your body. I've never been happier and I just thought I'd share my two-cents Smile

Lianne
ern0324

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
oh well, I guess I don't really need a before and after pic of anyone else..i can see it for myself...i purchased california naturals ha + the patented collagen complex and it seems to be working..i can't remember to take as many as i need to throughout the day but my lips have already plumped up a bit and its so exciting!! glad i stumbled accross this forum!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
So i got some Revive samples in the mail. Last night instead of my usual LF before bedtime, I used the new Revive Lip & Periorial Renewal Cream. It is to take care of lines on lips & around the mouth. And I did just that. I oput it everywhere.

THIS time I woke up with REALLY REALLY big lips. I mean I've had Resty in the lips before and this was pretty darn close to the "next morning" look after injection.

It will probably go down but this is an even BETTER combo. Glad the SA gave me quite a few samples. My lips have never felt softer.

I'll look into the ingredients to this stuff and get back.
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
would you post ingredients of the Revive lip cream? (at least first few ingredients) I did a search for it on the net but it's ingredients are never listed. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |